THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2054, 2055, 2056 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
focus wrote:
Pelosi said his involvement would be a positive one which is disgusting, but predictable.

In fairness Pelosi also fought back against the notion that Bernie is a net negative for the House.

https://tinyurl.com/rtwc84u

Pelosi, Schumer and Obama staying out of the primaries, I like that

Would their endorsements matter that much anyway? Bernie is probably more popular among people under 45 than Obama.

Just take the win. No need to make it painful for the opposition. Bernie is the frontrunner. And it's best for Bernie if his supporters are gracious winners, in general, not singling you out specifically.

It was a genuine analytical question about the power of their support (Schumer and Pelosi, in particular [professional fundraisers]). But yes, I tried to delete it after realizing that.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
It was a genuine analytical question about the power of their support (Schumer and Pelosi, in particular [professional fundraisers]). But yes, I tried to delete it after realizing that.

Your question/point is valid. And you do get alot of flack here. But you are more gracious in victory than a solid portion of Bernie supports. I replied to your post but really I was speaking to the Sanders supporters who are worse than you.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Your question/point is valid. And you do get alot of flack here. But you are more gracious in victory than a solid portion of Bernie supports. I replied to your post but really I was speaking to the Sanders supporters who are worse than you.

I repeat: Greenfrog posted - just after Iowa, I believe - that it didn't matter what non Bernie supporters thought because "they are in the minority, eff em." He then rapidly deleted the post. Stop thinking he is some gracious guy. He's as bad as any Sanders supporter, I assure you.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I repeat: Greenfrog posted - just after Iowa, I believe - that it didn't matter what non Bernie supporters thought because "they are in the minority, eff em." He then rapidly deleted the post. Stop thinking he is some gracious guy. He's as bad as any Sanders supporter, I assure you.

That's not accurate. It was in context to every kind word about Bernie here being prefaced with "you know, I don't really like him, but..."

No reason to walk on eggshells anymore. Let the Bernie flag fly.

Last edited by greenfrog on Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

That's not accurate. It was in context to every kind word about Bernie here being prefaced with "you know, I don't really like him, but..."

I think comments like this make it more likely for Bernie not to get the support he needs to beat Trump.

It's why Bernie himself avoids (metaphorically) poking his opposition in the eye when given the chance.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
focus wrote:
Pelosi said his involvement would be a positive one which is disgusting, but predictable.

In fairness Pelosi also fought back against the notion that Bernie is a net negative for the House.

https://tinyurl.com/rtwc84u

Pelosi, Schumer and Obama staying out of the primaries, I like that

Would their endorsements matter that much anyway? Bernie is probably more popular among people under 45 than Obama.

Just take the win. No need to make it painful for the opposition. Bernie is the frontrunner. And it's best for Bernie if his supporters are gracious winners, in general, not singling you out specifically.

I wouldn't bother feeding the troll (which greenfrog has clearly become) kikanga.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I think comments like this make it more likely for Bernie not to get the support he needs to beat Trump.

It's why Bernie himself avoids (metaphorically) poking his opposition in the eye when given the chance.

The last thing I want to do is make it tougher for people to naturally sympathize with Bernie. So you're right. I will remove myself from this thread.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject:

This is for real, not mocking, Jodeke:

https://heartline.com/
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

"Bend the knee while I call you a lib simp and joke about beheading you. Also Assad is cool and what's the big deal about gassing people anyway?"
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

The last thing I want to do is make it tougher for people to naturally sympathize with Bernie. So you're right. I will remove myself from this thread.

Don't remove yourself Greenfrog. I'm always interested in what you have to say.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject:

It is VERY difficult to accept people who seem to be "Party Line" when everything is in so much disarray.. I can assume that Bernie supporters are still feeling anger that in 2016 Hillary supporters and others probably talked bad about Bernie being a distraction etc and now we have Trump

With Trump the last thing I want is a Democrat from the middle..

My sympathies with greenfrog
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Saw a couple of Super Tuesday polls on MSNBC last night. Made me laugh. If Bloomberg wasn't in the race. There's a much better chance others could pass Bernie in some important Super Tuesday states.

It's pretty funny how the center left has divided its votes to the point where low 30%s can win you state after state as the furthest from center candidate.

It's like some sort of mixture between a Tragedy of the commons and Shakesperean tragic flaw

The middle left candidates agree Bernie is too extreme and each thinks they are the right moderate choice. But the fact that so many believe it and are running. Bernie is likely to get the nomination.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
kikanga wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Don't remove yourself Greenfrog. I'm always interested in what you have to say.

You
Must be
The change
You
Wish to see

Green.. come back and take your ideas to a higher level. Go take a free communication course (online or maybe SBA or continued learning)
in speech etc and find ways to bring people to your side..
Just like Democracy against anothers will.. You want to be able to clearly sell your ideas and
be the best communicator you can be..

You can get hired now or in the future if Bernie wins.. just up your game
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Saw a couple of Super Tuesday polls on MSNBC last night. Made me laugh. If Bloomberg wasn't in the race. There's a much better chance others could pass Bernie in some important Super Tuesday states.

It's pretty funny how the center left has divided it's votes to the point where low 30%s can win you state after state as the furthest from center candidate.

I have some fear of him alienating wealthy democrats who already fight estate taxes and would possibly bring back slavery if they could... Would they stay home or support Trump just to believe they were protecting their money?

There is a lot of proper psychology he can use to help them understand the mass shootings and gun killings are in large part due to the racial and economic disparity in America.. and the fake ass drug war filling up our prisons and people living in fear of their credit card and student loan and health care and mortgage debts
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
It is VERY difficult to accept people who seem to be "Party Line" when everything is in so much disarray.. I can assume that Bernie supporters are still feeling anger that in 2016 Hillary supporters and others probably talked bad about Bernie being a distraction etc and now we have Trump

With Trump the last thing I want is a Democrat from the middle..

My sympathies with greenfrog

With Trump the only thing I want is Trump gone. Sanders is running a campaign in which he's betting fear/hatred of Trump will keep independents and moderates sufficiently in line while his core supporters come out in droves and he taps into WWC and non-voters' animus of DC and Wall Street. I'm skeptical that the independents and mods don't leave him in bigger numbers than his campaign predicts and that WWC voters won't revert to their racist god in the voting booth.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Trump giving a White House briefing on coronavirus. Pence and Alex Azar praised Trump for his handling of the emergency. Same-o same-o, praise the King. Trump still can't put a sentence together that makes sense. He rambles. SMFH.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Trump giving a White House briefing on coronavirus. Pence and Alex Azar praised Trump for his handling of the emergency. Same-o same-o, praise the King. SMFH.

You mean the Alex Azar who just told the press that he can't guarantee that the vaccine will be affordable to everyone? That's a ringing endorsement.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Trump giving a White House briefing on coronavirus. Pence and Alex Azar praised Trump for his handling of the emergency. Same-o same-o, praise the King. SMFH.

You mean the Alex Azar who just told the press that he can't guarantee that the vaccine will be affordable to everyone? That's a ringing endorsement.

Donald Trump - America's African President: The Daily Show
•Oct 3, 2015
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
governator wrote:
Rep. Jim Clyburn, the highest-ranking African American in Congress and an influential figure in South Carolina politics, endorsed former Vice President Joe Biden on Wednesday

I for one look forward to the "Comeback Kid" narrative on Saturday after Biden squeezes out a win of a state he was favored by 50 points over a year ago.

Bwahahahhaaaaaa

You are such a hack, dude.

Meanwhile here is a story of a Loony Bernie Supporter who is going outside the HOMES! of DNC officials in Nevada and California, and even protesting outside of California secretary of state Alex Padilla's house to warn them "not to engage in funny business like 2016"

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/26/cops-called-bernie-backers-protest-117782

Quote:
The incidents also raise the possibility that Sanders’ most passionate supporters are now beyond the control of the campaign despite efforts from senior leadership to rein them in.

Estrada also dismissed criticism of her by Sanders brass.

“The Sanders campaign is run by the establishment,” she wrote on her Facebook page in response to some critiques of her nighttime demonstrations. “I can care less what Bernie’s staff thinks of me. They aren’t relevant to me or my race. I have seen screenshots of the way they treat Berners and it is absolutely not reflective of Bernie Sanders.”

Berners are like the TERMINATOR... created by Bernie and now capable of AI and operating off the skynet grid...
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject:

Here's from 1978 (non DNC member importance vs consistency)

"In 1978, as in other years. IU hope to be able to play some role in making working people aware that the present day reality of poverty, wage slavery and mind destroying media and schools is not the only reality - but simply a pathetic presentation brought to us by a handful of power hungry individuals who own and control our economy" - Leader of Liberty Union, Vermont 3rd party

https://imgur.com/gallery/VEc85EH
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Meanwhile here is a story of a Loony Bernie Supporter who is going outside the HOMES! of DNC officials in Nevada and California, and even protesting outside of California secretary of state Alex Padilla's house to warn them "not to engage in funny business like 2016"

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/26/cops-called-bernie-backers-protest-117782

Quote:
The incidents also raise the possibility that Sanders’ most passionate supporters are now beyond the control of the campaign despite efforts from senior leadership to rein them in.

“The Sanders campaign is run by the establishment,” she wrote on her Facebook page in response to some critiques of her nighttime demonstrations. “I can care less what Bernie’s staff thinks of me. They aren’t relevant to me or my race. I have seen screenshots of the way they treat Berners and it is absolutely not reflective of Bernie Sanders.”
Well this is nuts. Glad the campaign came out clearly about this, but going to their homes and stalking them? Idiots definitely crossed the line.

From the same piece:
Sanders' campaign condemned the protesters after viewing video footage of the incidents.

"This conduct is completely unacceptable,” Jeff Weaver, Sanders’ longtime aide and senior adviser, said in a statement. “No one who behaves like this is part of our movement. People who support this campaign do so by civilly mobilizing other voters to come to the polls. We have zero tolerance for these activities and condemn them in the strongest terms."
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/LolOverruled/status/1232872484174749696

Miners in Trump country are for Bernie.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:11 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

Quote:

Well this is nuts. Glad the campaign came out clearly about this, but going to their homes and stalking them? Idiots definitely crossed the line.

From the same piece:
Sanders' campaign condemned the protesters after viewing video footage of the incidents.

"This conduct is completely unacceptable,” Jeff Weaver, Sanders’ longtime aide and senior adviser, said in a statement. “No one who behaves like this is part of our movement. People who support this campaign do so by civilly mobilizing other voters to come to the polls. We have zero tolerance for these activities and condemn them in the strongest terms."

That’s all well and good, but you can’t feed people the endless cycle of victimhood and “the rigged system”, amp them up, send them out, and then just keep saying you don’t support it, when they get caught. Couple that with who the senior staff and surrogates are, and it rings a little hollow.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
focus wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

Quote:

From the same piece:

That’s all well and good, but you can’t feed people the endless cycle of victimhood and “the rigged system”, amp them up, send them out, and then just keep saying you don’t support it, when they get caught. Couple that with who the senior staff and surrogates are, and it rings a little hollow.

Exactly. Bernie raked up all the dry leaves into a pile and tossed a match on top of them and hired people to fan the flames. Getting mad at the fire for doing exactly what you set it off to do doesn't change a thing.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:19 pm    Post subject:

So in case there was any doubt that we are in Banana Republic territory:

Quote:
The New York Times @nytimes

Government health officials and scientists will have to clear statements about the coronavirus outbreak with the office of Vice President Mike Pence, in an effort to tighten the White House’s control of messaging about the virus

https://nyti.ms/3a7omjV
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2054, 2055, 2056 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 2055 of 3663
Jump to: