THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2053, 2054, 2055 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Proud of what Warren has done these past two debates.

It's not fair or right that it has to be one of the two female candidates in the race to bring these concerns up about Bloomberg. But she's seized the platforms and moments. And the pressure she's applied has been justifiable and appropriate IMO.
And it's not just about the NDAs.
I'll bet a large sum of money Bloomberg never releases his tax returns.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:20 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

It's not fair or right that it has to be one of the two female candidates in the race to bring these concerns up about Bloomberg. But she's seized the platforms and moments. And the pressure she's applied has been justifiable and appropriate IMO.

I keep coming back to the scene in A Few Good Men where Demi Moore objects and then objects to being overruled. And Tom Cruise tells her you object once to get it on record, but you keep doing it and you lose the jury. She did great last time. This time she looked like she was trying to get an exact replay.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:27 pm    Post subject:

CNN and Politico both gave Biden winning grades in the debate but the only Biden comments I saw here were vapid observations about Biden stumbling, and being old.

Razor sharp critiques people... quite the astute observations.

Democrats can't even get past picking on the person and not the policy

Drumpf 2020
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:30 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I keep coming back to the scene in A Few Good Men where Demi Moore objects and then objects to being overruled. And Tom Cruise tells her you object once to get it on record, but you keep doing it and you lose the jury. She did great last time. This time she looked like she was trying to get an exact replay.

I'm not gonna sit here and pretend she's coming from a purely altruistic place. But at the same time. I don't think she would have had to say it more than once if ANYBODY else stood up and said we shouldn't nominate a candidate who (1) has a history of paying women plural to keep quiet and (2) won't release his tax returns.

For all the comparisons I've seen of Bernie to Trump. Don't know how so many people are okay ignoring these Bloomberg elephants in the room.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:38 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
CNN and Politico both gave Biden winning grades in the debate but the only Biden comments I saw here were vapid observations about Biden stumbling, and being old.

Drumpf 2020

I'm looking forward to the Hunter Biden discourse making a comeback.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:00 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:

Drumpf 2020

hey man, I hope Biden can do it, for real but he just doesn't look as sharp. Bernie, Warren and even Bloomberg doesn't have moments of struggles to find words as much as Biden so made him look like the oldest of the old group.
As far as policy stuff, there's nothing new except for Sanders laying out detail cost coverage of his programs on his website (or not so detail).

How did you rate the debate?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:03 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

I hope dems don't take that low of a cheap shot
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:40 am    Post subject:

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/26/809224742/with-an-election-on-the-horizon-older-adults-get-help-spotting-fake-news

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

I hope dems don't take that low of a cheap shot

It would be the GOP if Biden wins SC and gets a Super Tuesday bounce.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
https://www.npr.org/2020/02/26/809224742/with-an-election-on-the-horizon-older-adults-get-help-spotting-fake-news

So glad they are doing this, but it doesn't seem scalable. I've trained my parents (who are in their 80's) to always look at Snopes before forwarding any of the crazy emails they get that they think are real. I think it's on all of us to help them if we can.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“I am filled with hope and inspiration as I have the privilege to view this testament to Gandhi's life. He is a hero not just to India but to the world.”

“What Dr Martin Luther King Jr said then remains true today. The spirit of Gandhi is very much alive in India today. And it remains a great gift to the world. May we always live in the spirit of love and peace - among all people and nations.”

I'm really impressed with the message that Trump left in the visitors book at Gandhi's home. In spite of his outward appearances and actions, it seems that he really does take that message to heart.

Oh, wait, sorry. That wasn't him. Here's his:

Quote:
“To my great friend Prime Minister Modi — thank you for this wonderful visit!”

Okay, that makes much more sense.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject:

Robert Reich has an interesting take on why Sanders May be the safest choice:

https://tinyurl.com/vzqmnuo

“I heard the phrase “rigged system” so often that I began asking people what they meant by it. They spoke about the bailout of the banks, political payoffs, insider deals and out-of-control CEO pay. The resentments came from self-identified Republicans, Democrats and independents; white, black, Latino and Asian American; union households and non-union. The common thread was that everyone was either middle or working class.”
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Quote:
“I am filled with hope and inspiration as I have the privilege to view this testament to Gandhi's life. He is a hero not just to India but to the world.”

“What Dr Martin Luther King Jr said then remains true today. The spirit of Gandhi is very much alive in India today. And it remains a great gift to the world. May we always live in the spirit of love and peace - among all people and nations.”

I'm really impressed with the message that Trump left in the visitors book at Gandhi's home. In spite of his outward appearances and actions, it seems that he really does take that message to heart.

Quote:

LOL.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I'm shocked Trump didn't associate/reference Pocahontas during his time with the Indian people.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
Robert Reich has an interesting take on why Sanders May be the safest choice:

https://tinyurl.com/vzqmnuo

“I heard the phrase “rigged system” so often that I began asking people what they meant by it. They spoke about the bailout of the banks, political payoffs, insider deals and out-of-control CEO pay. The resentments came from self-identified Republicans, Democrats and independents; white, black, Latino and Asian American; union households and non-union. The common thread was that everyone was either middle or working class.”

The joys of political messaging where politicians can be everything to everyone.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Rep. Jim Clyburn, the highest-ranking African American in Congress and an influential figure in South Carolina politics, endorsed former Vice President Joe Biden on Wednesday
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:19 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I'm not gonna sit here and pretend she's coming from a purely altruistic place. But at the same time. I don't think she would have had to say it more than once if ANYBODY else stood up and said we shouldn't nominate a candidate who (1) has a history of paying women plural to keep quiet and (2) won't release his tax returns.

For all the comparisons I've seen of Bernie to Trump. Don't know how so many people are okay ignoring these Bloomberg elephants in the room.
Are you sure? It's easy. It's because he's not Bernie. Bloomberg should be far more anathema than Bernie or anyone else, short of Trump (but not far off).

Anyway, I too love Warren's going after Bloomberg, and Bernie's too in the other debate (didn't see hardly any of this one, except for her clip). I love her going after him, because it's obvious and legitimate. Pelosi said his involvement would be a positive one which is disgusting, but predictable.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

In the last debate Joe came to fight but he brought six guns to a glock fight. I voted for Biden in the California primary although I don't think he's the best candidate. Listening to what the candidates had to say and the demeanor they displayed I think Buttigieg is the best candidate.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Wonder if Seth was paid in rubles for this.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Rep. Jim Clyburn, the highest-ranking African American in Congress and an influential figure in South Carolina politics, endorsed former Vice President Joe Biden on Wednesday

I for one look forward to the "Comeback Kid" narrative on Saturday after Biden squeezes out a win of a state he was favored by 50 points over a year ago.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
governator wrote:

I for one look forward to the "Comeback Kid" narrative on Saturday after Biden squeezes out a win of a state he was favored by 50 points over a year ago.

optic, Biden needs a win and nothing less
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Are you sure? It's easy. It's because he's not Bernie. Bloomberg should be far more anathema than Bernie or anyone else, short of Trump (but not far off).

Anyway, I too love Warren's going after Bloomberg, and Bernie's too in the other debate (didn't see hardly any of this one, except for her clip). I love her going after him, because it's obvious and legitimate. Pelosi said his involvement would be a positive one which is disgusting, but predictable.

Well, he "bought" those 40 races to get her the speakership back. I think they watched the results together, too.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
Pelosi said his involvement would be a positive one which is disgusting, but predictable.

In fairness Pelosi also fought back against the notion that Bernie is a net negative for the House.

https://tinyurl.com/rtwc84u
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
focus wrote:
Pelosi said his involvement would be a positive one which is disgusting, but predictable.

In fairness Pelosi also fought back against the notion that Bernie is a net negative for the House.

Pelosi, Schumer and Obama staying out of the primaries, I like that
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
focus wrote:

Pelosi, Schumer and Obama staying out of the primaries, I like that

Would their endorsements matter that much anyway? Bernie is probably more popular among people under 45 than Obama.

Just take the win. No need to make it painful for the opposition. Bernie is the frontrunner. And it's best for Bernie if his supporters are gracious winners, in general, not singling you out specifically.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2053, 2054, 2055 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next
Page 2054 of 3670
Jump to: