THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1621, 1622, 1623 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

Racism is not a plant to cultivate. It is a weed that continues to appear in your garden and needs to be attacked when it does. Doing so doesn't feed the growth or the appearance of the weeds.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

LOL. This is the coastal elite theory.

I googled "coastal elite theory" and got two hits, a tweet and an anti-costal elite theory reference. Maybe you could provide some further reference to this "theory".

Also, everyone in this country should be happy about the coastal elites as a high percentage of our wealth comes from the West and East coasts, which provides much support to the less affluent flyover rural states.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Racism is not a plant to cultivate. It is a weed that continues to appear in your garden and needs to be attacked when it does. Doing so doesn't feed the growth or the appearance of the weeds.

You have a much better ability or desire to "speak" his language--and no, not meant as a back-handed compliment.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

Oh my goodness. It appears the President of the United States committed a crime! I'm gonna have to sit down for a while. This news is shocking.

Quote:
According to the files, phone records showed that Cohen had calls with Trump, then-Trump campaign press secretary Hope Hicks, AMI CEO David Pecker, and AMI Chief Content Officer Dylan Howard at a key point in the 2016 campaign. (Hicks, who also served as White House communications director, is now the executive vice president and chief communications officer for Fox Corporation. Fox News is a subsidiary of Fox Corporation.)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/michael-cohen-probe-court-files

I'm quoting Fox News because the bolded makes me laugh.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Trump is the logical progression of 21st Century American conservatism.

He's 1980s Reagan without the window dressing. It's been a long time since Dems portrayed Republicans further right then they really are. I look forward to the day that happens again. In actuallity we keep giving "Conservatives", "moderates' and "independents" the benefit of the doubt. To our detriment.

If now isn't the best time for bold progressive policy, there will never be a good time.

Disagree. He is the manifestation of overly rapid progressivism IMO.

Newton’s third law, essentially.

Progressivism is good. It just has to be natural, and it must allow for a learning curve or it will be abandoned.

If by overly rapid progressivism you mean we elected a black president and there are growing numbers of brown people in this country.

Growth of people of color (not just brown) was occurring well before and when Obama was elected.

And no, that’s not what I mean.

What I mean is understanding how to effectively drive social change.

Let's be honest. You don't want to drive social change. You feel like you're economically and socially insulated to a degree that the benefits of joining them outweigh the costs of justice. Your entire narrative on this issue, like many others, is a completely and transparently disingenuous attempt to hide that under fake support wrapped in a proposal to do nothing effective. And then to spin forever as a way of never "losing" the argument while bogging it down by sheer force of shameless will. You overestimate your capacities and underestimate ours.

I actually do want to drive social change. Just not how you want to drive it. I told you this would happen YEARS ago on here.

Of course I underestimate the leftist agenda. It’s been an utter failure given the current climate. Or was it designed for what we have today? Some suggest that, but I think what we have is more an unintended consequence.

Here is the agenda that, by their own answers, are driving the Trump voter:

Fear of being replaced by brown, female, gay, and people of non or other religious beliefs.

Fear of not dominating the rest of the world.

Fear of having to share resources with those groups.

It is 100% replacement anxiety. Every other reason they give is just a subset of or a disguise for those reasons.

LOL. This is the coastal elite theory.

Just as a helpful hint, when you're out trying to pretend to be a Democrat, you want to avoid words like coastal elites, which are the terminology of your actual tribe. It's a tell. But frankly what good is it to explain tells to you when you've got your cards turned around and think we're the ones being fooled? With all the practice you get, you think you might get better at this.

You actually think Democrats don’t use that term???

The only ones that don’t, well.... you know.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ribeye wrote:
OH yeah, for those (adkindo?) (ringfinger?) who so strongly believe that CNN is a liberal leaning network, do explain CNN's use of right wing operatives while acting like these are just run of the mill Republicans.

I guess Fox News is objective and/or left leaning now too?

As is common, you deflected and did not explain.

Oh, and comparing Fox to CNN is like comparing the extreme temperature variations of Siberia to, say, Southern California.

Well Fox News has hired left wing operatives.

I mean cmon. Are we seriously at a point where people honestly dont think CNN is left leaning?

Do you think it is neutral?

I see it sometimes lean left and sometimes, as in the case in point, crash to the ground right.

Sometimes youz guys want to confuse the issue, so let me borrow from Cuomo, it is not about right vs left, but right vs wrong.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

You have a much better ability or desire to "speak" his language--and no, not meant as a back-handed compliment.

Considering he completely missed the boat on it, no.

Racism isnt the plant. *sigh*

Social change is the plant.

Sigh.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

Due to low birth rates of white Americans, by something like 2040, whites will no longer be the "majority" in America.

But, b/c of the following (and there are many more), they will try to maintain hegemony in this country (and it all falls along what the GOP is promoting):

1. guns, guns, guns
2. Gerrymandering
3. vote suppression
4. wealth preservation (estate and other wealth preservation tactics)
5. capital gains and making money from nothing
6. ensuring poor people remain sick (health care)
7. making sure the Electoral College is never challenged (I don't think a GOP president will capture the popular vote again for a long time).

Just some things that are literally GOP objectives that point to...preservation of white America in the face of a declining white American population.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Oh my goodness. It appears the President of the United States committed a crime! I'm gonna have to sit down for a while. This news is shocking.

Quote:
According to the files, phone records showed that Cohen had calls with Trump, then-Trump campaign press secretary Hope Hicks, AMI CEO David Pecker, and AMI Chief Content Officer Dylan Howard at a key point in the 2016 campaign. (Hicks, who also served as White House communications director, is now the executive vice president and chief communications officer for Fox Corporation. Fox News is a subsidiary of Fox Corporation.)

Maybe the House should start an impeachment inquiry or something.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ribeye wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Sigh.

Did you actually read what he said?

Last edited by ribeye on Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Not sure that clarification helps. 😛😄
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Quote:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/17/politics/trump-impeachment-house-vote/index.html

(CNN)The House on Wednesday easily defeated an effort from a Texas Democrat to impeach President Donald Trump in a vote that highlighted the Democratic fissures when it comes to impeachment.

Rep. Al Green was able to force the vote under House rules — the first that Congress has taken related to impeachment since Democrats took control of the chamber this year — in what amounted to the most direct challenge yet to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's handling of impeachment.
The 332-95 vote divided Democrats, with 95 — a little more than 40% of the Democratic caucus -- voting against tabling it, or voting to keep it alive. There were 137 Democrats who joined all Republicans in voting to defeat the measure.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Due to low birth rates of white Americans, by something like 2040, whites will no longer be the "majority" in America.

But, b/c of the following (and there are many more), they will try to maintain hegemony in this country (and it all falls along what the GOP is promoting):

1. guns, guns, guns
2. Gerrymandering
3. vote suppression
7. making sure the Electoral College is never challenged (I don't think a GOP president will capture the popular vote again for a long time).

Just some things that are literally GOP objectives that point to...preservation of white America in the face of a declining white American population.

Good post. Watch the "white hispanic" vote over time, though. The Irish and Italian immigrant communities have gained equal caucasian status over the past several decades after being otherized in the 19th and early 20th century. Similarly, there may be a lot more Ted Cruzes by 2040 as caucasity expands to incorporate large swaths of the Hispanic population to maintain a racial hegemony in the U.S.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Quote:

(CNN)The House on Wednesday easily defeated an effort from a Texas Democrat to impeach President Donald Trump in a vote that highlighted the Democratic fissures when it comes to impeachment.

Rep. Al Green was able to force the vote under House rules — the first that Congress has taken related to impeachment since Democrats took control of the chamber this year — in what amounted to the most direct challenge yet to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's handling of impeachment.
The 332-95 vote divided Democrats, with 95 — a little more than 40% of the Democratic caucus -- voting against tabling it, or voting to keep it alive. There were 137 Democrats who joined all Republicans in voting to defeat the measure.

That was a vote for impeachment not to open an impeachment inquiry/hold impeachment hearings. If Pelosi gave the signal, I bet you'd see 200+ votes pretty quickly.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ribeye wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Sigh.

Is that a joke? That is an impossible ask! Haha

Using his analogy, where the left is today, they are spraying weed killer on everything green, and then scratching their heads as to why their lawn is trashed all while ordering more weed killer!

Not all things that look like a weed, may actually be a weed.

Can you taste what I’m hearing?

Last edited by ringfinger on Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

1. guns, guns, guns
2. Gerrymandering
3. vote suppression

Good post. Watch the "white hispanic" vote over time, though. The Irish and Italian immigrant communities have gained equal caucasian status over the past several decades after being otherized in the 19th and early 20th century. Similarly, there may be a lot more Ted Cruzes by 2040 as caucasity expands to incorporate large swaths of the Hispanic population to maintain a racial hegemony in the U.S.

Oh yeah. Within the community there is the dark/light skin divide too. Totally agree.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Quote:

That was a vote for impeachment not to open an impeachment inquiry/hold impeachment hearings. If Pelosi gave the signal, I bet you'd see 200+ votes pretty quickly.

If an impeachment inquiry doesn't start after the Mueller testimony this month. I doubt it ever will. But as long as we keep the House in 2020 so we can write strongly worded letters to President Trump. I guess it'll be worth it.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ribeye wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Sigh.

Using his analogy, where the left is today, they are spraying weed killer on everything green, and then scratching their heads as to why their lawn is trashed all while ordering more weed killer!

Wow. A horribly mixed metaphor along with the manure.

What you say there is absolutely most inaccurate thing you have ever said, which is a monumental achievement.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

You're blaming chemotherapy for killing a cancer patient. I think the problem might be the cancer.

If political correctness caused Obama not to be reelected. I would agree with you. That's like giving chemo to a healthy person. But with Trump as President. The cancer is obviously present.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ribeye wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Sigh.

What you say there is absolutely most inaccurate thing you have ever said, which is a monumental achievement.

When you’ve got AOC fighting racism by implying Pelosi is one, that is killing grass, not a weed.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ribeye wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Sigh.

Sorry, DMR, I told you so. He's now using your analogy, though rather horribly.

ringfinger, you continue to make these obscure, unrelatable, and vague references, and I'm beginning to wonder if you can do otherwise. So, prove me wrong and why not tell us all the things that look like a weed that are not weeds.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ribeye wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Sigh.

When you’ve got AOC fighting racism by implying Pelosi is one, that is killing grass, not a weed.

Halle frickin' lujah!!!! One real point made, and one I somewhat agree with. Hey, as Rick Perry said, a broken clock is right once a day.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

ribeye, why wasn’t AOC fighting racism though?

If that is how she perceived it, does that then not make Pelosi a weed worth removig from the lawn?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Quote:

If an impeachment inquiry doesn't start after the Mueller testimony this month. I doubt it ever will. But as long as we keep the House in 2020 so we can write strongly worded letters to President Trump. I guess it'll be worth it.

"We've successfully voted today to enter a non-binding censure of President-for-Life Trump's Tweet advocating 'all migrants crossing the border to be shot on sight' into the Congressional record. We as representatives of the American people will not stand for such racially tinged calls for genocide."

I think you're right about the timing of the Mueller testimony. I pray that will be the launch point for impeachment hearings (narrator from the future: "they weren't.")
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1. guns, guns, guns
2. Gerrymandering
3. vote suppression

Oh yeah. Within the community there is the dark/light skin divide too. Totally agree.

I think it helps partially explain why the GOP hasn't hemorrhaged Hispanic voters like they have votes from other minority groups in the era of Trump.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1621, 1622, 1623 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next
Page 1622 of 3670
Jump to: