THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1389, 1390, 1391 ... 3678, 3679, 3680  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Joy Behar in some heat now for a resurfaced photo in which she darkened her skin and dressed as an African queen.

Should she be booted from The View? I’m voting no. Don’t think this is a road we want to go down in general.

Why are you so understanding when it comes to black face. But you were ready to crucify Lebron for singing the 21 Savage lyric, "I'm getting that Jewish money, everything is kosher"?

I have a guess, but I'd like to hear from you.

Hint: LeBron plays for the other team.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
The Gov of Virginia and the next 2 in line are all in hot water (racism or sexual) and the next in line after them is a GOP... this a joke right

When you consider that the GOP of Virginia is about as openly racist as you can be, it is pretty surreal.

this was the first thing I thought of when I first heard the story and went searching for Virginia line of succession and thought we'd be safe

The scum is playing chess time to put away the checker pieces

yeah, almost felt like some manufacturing of allegation going on but not gonna defend blackface, brownface nor forced oral
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
A Florida politician has resigned after being accused of licking their colleagues and making unwanted advances. In 2012, Oakley, a city commissioner in Madeira Beach, licked Shane Crawford, the city manager at the time. Oakley had been drinking before licking Crawford’s neck, the side of his face, & grabbing his crotch and buttocks.

Oakley made unwanted advances toward other city staff who were “not interested in enduring that type of treatment ever again.”

Three other men also testified that Oakley had licked their faces in public without their permission.

Oakley resigned Tuesday, after Florida's state ethics panel determined last week that Oakley had violated the state’s ethics code “by misusing her position by exhibiting inappropriate behavior toward city staff.”

Oakley has denied licking Crawford’s or any one else’s face.

“The act of licking a person on the face and neck is too unusual to be contrived by multiple witnesses and multiple victims,” administrative law judge Robert Cohen wrote in his final report.

Crawford said he waited five years to report the alleged licking incident because he was scared he would be fired. In 2013, Oakley did not run for re-election. Crawford filed the complaint after Oakley ran for office again in 2017.

Florida Stirkes Again on the Weirdness Meter
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Joy Behar in some heat now for a resurfaced photo in which she darkened her skin and dressed as an African queen.

Should she be booted from The View? I’m voting no. Don’t think this is a road we want to go down in general.

Why are you so understanding when it comes to black face. But you were ready to crucify Lebron for singing the 21 Savage lyric, "I'm getting that Jewish money, everything is kosher"?

I have a guess, but I'd like to hear from you.

I was never "ready to crucify" Lebron for that. What post are you referring to? Please link it because I think you're confusing me with someone else. If I said anything at all on that matter, it would have been tongue-in-cheek (similar to my Joy Behar mention).

I'm not understanding when it comes to blackface or any other similar act. I've already said it is a terrible thing to do or have done. That doesn't mean that I think anyone who has done it, or a comparable thing, at any point in their lifetime is definitively a racist.

I would expect, particularly from other minorities in particular, that you can discern a difference between ignorance, insensitivity, and malice when it comes to questionable actions. It's clear there are folks in here who have no idea that there are differences which is why their actions do nothing to help our cause even if they made themselves a cape. If you are a person who is true in your intention to address racism, you have to be able to a) identify that there are different types and b) handle those different types differently. The one size fits all approach is just a lazy way to pander to us.

Last edited by ringfinger on Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
The Gov of Virginia and the next 2 in line are all in hot water (racism or sexual) and the next in line after them is a GOP... this a joke right

When you consider that the GOP of Virginia is about as openly racist as you can be, it is pretty surreal.

this was the first thing I thought of when I first heard the story and went searching for Virginia line of succession and thought we'd be safe

yeah, almost felt like some manufacturing of allegation going on but not gonna defend blackface, brownface nor forced oral

The GOP candidate to replace the AG who was supposed to replace the LT gov who is supposed to replace the gov is in hot water now as well BTW. LOL. Who got next!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:

The GOP candidate to replace the AG who was supposed to replace the LT gov who is supposed to replace the gov is in hot water now as well BTW. LOL. Who got next!

Ringfinger starts getting a strong desire to move to Virginia?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:

Ringfinger starts getting a strong desire to move to Virginia?

Why would I get a strong desire to move to Virginia?

Because I don't want Joy Behar kicked off the air for doing blackface like 50 years ago?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject:

My bad ringfinger.
That was adkindo and AH who wanted to crucify Lebron for singing the 21 savage song. Not you.
My bad.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
My bad ringfinger.
That was adkindo and AH who wanted to crucify Lebron for singing the 21 savage song. Not you.
My bad.

Yeah. What were you thinking.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Supreme Court halts Louisiana abortion restrictions

In a 5-4 ruling issued late Thursday, Chief Justice John Roberts joined the court's liberal wing to stay the Unsafe Abortion Protection Act, which requires physicians to hold “active admitting privileges” at a hospital within 30 miles of the facility where abortion care is provided, while the legal challenge to it plays out in court.

Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh said they would have denied the application.

https://thehill.com/news-by-subject/healthcare/429077-supreme-court-halts-louisiana-abortion-restrictions
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

That’s why evangelicals and conservative Catholics love trump. He’s made good on giving them justices who will ignore the law to vote their ideology. Well, that and white supremacy, which is the bedrock of conservative American Christianity.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Former Rep. John Dingell, longest serving member of Congress, dies at 92
Updated 10:02 PM ET, Thu February 7, 2019

(CNN)Former Rep. John Dingell, the longest serving member of Congress on record and a politician whose voice loomed large even after he left Capitol Hill, passed away Thursday. He was 92

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/07/politics/john-dingell-dead/index.html
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Dingell not only served 30 terms in Congress, he was on the floor of the house as a page when FDR delivered his “a day which will live in infamy” speech
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Programming Alert: for the early birds the fun begins at 6:30am PT

WATCH LIVE ON FEBRUARY 08 | 9:30AM ET | C-SPAN2

Acting AG Whitaker Testifies Before House Judiciary Committee
Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker testifies before the House Judiciary Committee on the special counsel investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject:

The two parties are not all the same... Elections do have consequences AND rewards...consequences for corporations and rewards for the common man this time

US House holds first hearings on gun violence and climate change in 8 years

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The United States House of Representatives on Wednesday (Feb 6) saw its first committee hearings on climate change and gun control in eight years following Democrats' victory over Republicans in last year's Congressional elections.

"No more climate denialism. No more evasions. @HouseDemocrats are in charge," tweeted the House Natural Resources Committee.

A hearing on gun violence was held at the same time, also a first in eight years, in a sign of changing times on Capitol Hill.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Dingell, his father, and his wife have held that congressional seat continuously since 1933. A span of 86 years.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:47 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Dingell, his father, and his wife have held that congressional seat continuously since 1933. A span of 86 years.

President Obama Honors the 2014 Medal of Freedom Recipients John Dingell Jr

another great long serving Democrat getting the medal...John Lewis

...not many republicans known for their battle for civil rights
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
My bad ringfinger.
My bad.

No worries. Appreciate you clearing that up.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

So Nadler (chairman House Judiciary Committee) is beginning the questioning in the oversight of the Attorney General Whitaker, and after getting a bunch obfuscation, delay tactics, and non-answers from Whitaker, finally tells him that if he doesn't answer the questions they will bring him back with a subpoena. Nadler then goes to his final question and after asking it, Whitaker says to the effect of:

I believe your five minutes is up Mr. Chairman.

Really.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
So Nadler (chairman House Judiciary Committee) is beginning the questioning in the oversight of the Attorney General Whitaker, and after getting a bunch obfuscation, delay tactics, and non-answers from Whitaker, finally tells him that if he doesn't answer the questions they will bring him back with a subpoena. Nadler then goes to his final question and after asking it, Whitaker says to the effect of:

I believe your five minutes is up Mr. Chairman.

Really.

Prepared answers, no shock, all a show... diffence is Democrat’s control the show this time. Let’s see if the ‘D’ can paint a picture of what’s going on for the American people
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

I have my timer out so I can do other things during the 5 minute border wall commercials

no one is watching republicans keep playing the trump fool
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/JKCorden/status/1093634176845139968

AOC bringing that 🔥
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

As time passes AOC is going to be a force to be dealt with. Got some Kamala in her the way she questions.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

republican idiots citing a deep state conspiracy book by fox news as fact
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1093892623176220673

Wow, that is not the way he should have answered that...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1389, 1390, 1391 ... 3678, 3679, 3680  Next
Page 1390 of 3680
Jump to: