THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1350, 1351, 1352 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
kikanga wrote:
You are on a plane that's crashing. It's heading toward a mountain. And there are only 2 parachutes. On the plane there are 3 people. You, Mitch McConnell, and Ann Coulter. What do you do?

Grab both parachutes and jump. Holding onto the 2nd one in case the first one failed.

Throw both parachutes out and hold both down until we crash.the world deserves better.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Unpopular opinion probably, but I don't think those kids were really taunting the Native American guy. The guy walked up to them with his drum, and the one kid just stood in front of him like a moron and seemed kind of like he was unsure what to do, and then stood in front trying to show he was being a tough guy or some sh**. But with today's internet everything is blown way out of proportion and sensationalized.

Doesn't mean that school doesn't put out a bunch of entitled white racist douchebags, I'm just commenting on this situation here. From stuff I read online, the school has a history of racist behavior, and coupled with the MAGA hats, and groupthink mentality, definitely some racial overtones, but even though the video looks bad, it's important not to just jump to conclusions. Although, opinions are already made up.

FWIW, I would feel way more comfortable around a group of Mexican immigrants than that MAGA wearing group of white boys.

Yeah . . . you might be on to something if you ignored everything that happened - including David Duke Jr's friends encouraging him.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
If you review the various videos and accounts, it would appear there was some verbal back and forth between the students and a group of street preachers (I don’t know if that’s the correct term), and the Native man moved in drumming between them in an attempt to stop that altercation. He was then confronted by the kid who stood in his face and smirked. The other kids seemed to at first light heartedly join the drummer, and then moved more toward mocking and taunting, before their chaperone moved them away.

Joy Reid interviewed the elder native American man. He said there had been building tension between the two groups of young people for a couple of hours. He said the students would taunt the Black religious group, leave, then come back with a larger group of students. It started with about 20 students, then they eventually came back with a group of around 100 students, clearly outnumbering of the other group. The native American man said the students were turning into a mob and he was afraid something ugly was about to happen. He decided to place himself between the two groups in an effort to avert a more dangerous physical confrontation between the two. All throughout the couple of hours this unfolded, the students used racial and religious epithets towards both the black group and the native Americans.

He was on Joy Reid's Sunday morning show. Here's a link the the NBC video: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/catholic-school-investigate-taunting-native-americans-n960626

It was very obvious who the aggressors are from all the video evidence.

It sickens me that there are actually people trying to make excuses for the smug pieces of (bleep) wearing MAGA hats.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:

These kids were dumb, immature, smirky...but the headlines I saw about this incident were purposefully misleading and is a huge part of the problem we are facing in the world now. Thank you for posting these links. Context is critical.

No. They are racist vermin raised by parents who excuse their behaviuor:

Mother blames ‘Black Muslims’ for MAGA hat boy’s taunting of Native American veteran

The problem facing the world right now? People excusing abhorrent behavior.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
That face is literally the same (bleep) eating grin face that says "I'm a dick and I win no matter what you do". Wish I could smack that smirk off his face.

Like this smug POS flashing a White Power sign on CNN during the Women's March?

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/50448724_10213354349392456_8317645107226476544_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=2a7ededa21ac5bf0f82cc119d37a0b90&oe=5D010245
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
kikanga wrote:
You are on a plane that's crashing. It's heading toward a mountain. And there are only 2 parachutes. On the plane there are 3 people. You, Mitch McConnell, and Ann Coulter. What do you do?

Grab both parachutes and jump. Holding onto the 2nd one in case the first one failed.

Throw both parachutes out and hold both down until we crash.the world deserves better.

Fortunately there are people who get that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I might not watch Bill Maher next week. The fact that he invites the Ann Coulter's and Ben Shapiro's of the world onto his show. It's so misguided.

What is he gonna correct every unfounded, racist, offensive thing Coulter says on his show next week? Of course not. So in effect. He's just giving her a platform to spread a toxic message.

That's the best thing about Bill Maher. He actually wants to talk to people on the other side and hold them accountable, yet do it with class and respect and try to engage in some kind of intellectual discourse.

This is what those of us who are liberals need to do with the other side. Unfortunately, there is something about the conservative faith that attracts many narcissists, racists, misogynists and people who are simply jerks. And those people simply lash out at liberals without even being provoked.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC Headliners : John Lewis | MSNBC BREAKING NEWS 1/20/19

Premiered 97 minutes ago
MSNBC Headliners : John Lewis | MSNBC BREAKING NEWS 1/20/19
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

These kids were dumb, immature, smirky...but the headlines I saw about this incident were purposefully misleading and is a huge part of the problem we are facing in the world now. Thank you for posting these links. Context is critical.

No. They are racist vermin raised by parent who excuse their behaviuor:

Mother blames ‘Black Muslims’ for MAGA hat boy’s taunting of Native American veteran

Because MAGA man is just a lost member of the leftist tribe, and if we could stop ramming identity politics down his throat and give his behavior a broad benefit of the doubt, he could join us in a work where he is better off. And minorities would be better off too. They just need to not vex him so he can be transformed.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
kikanga wrote:

But that would mean your last moments on Earth would be spent with those two vermin. No Bueno.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

It sickens me that there are actually people trying to make excuses for the smug pieces of (bleep) wearing MAGA hats.

That school won't even put those kids on double secret probation, either. Frat br0z in training...many of them on the lacrosse team, I'm sure of it.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:47 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

That school won't even put those kids on double secret probation, either. Frat br0z in training...many of them on the lacrosse team, I'm sure of it.

MAGA kid is probably lifting weights this weekend with Squee and Tobin.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:19 am    Post subject:

I just watched Michael Moore’s latest film, Fahrenheit 11/9. What a powerful film. I highly recommend it to anyone that hasn’t seen it yet. It’s on Amazon Prime.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:58 am    Post subject:

CNN finally reports on the situation based on the longer video

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/us/maga-hat-teens-native-american-second-video/index.html

Nobody who has had the misfortune of encountering the black israelites should be surprised by this. They are a vile pack of racist jagoffs.

CNN wrote:
The Hebrew Israelites begin by disparaging the students

CNN wrote:
Then, they disparage indigenous people and African Americans

Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:04 am    Post subject:

Harris is in

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/politics/kamala-harris-president-2020/index.html

I'm with her or Beto
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Harris is in

I'm with her or Beto

This Democratic primary will be exciting.
What the candidates do/say during the race will determine my vote just as much as each candidate's voting history.
At this point I have no idea who I'll vote for. Outside of Tulsi Gabbard. I don't see myself voting for her.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

No. They are racist vermin raised by parent who excuse their behaviuor:

Because MAGA man is just a lost member of the leftist tribe, and if we could stop ramming identity politics down his throat and give his behavior a broad benefit of the doubt, he could join us in a work where he is better off. And minorities would be better off too. They just need to not vex him so he can be transformed.

Is it old age that positions the mind to see things within the totality of impact...

I oftentimes forget this video

Megan Phelps-Roper
|
TEDNYC
I grew up in the Westboro Baptist Church. Here's why I left

>1:52 mark
Quote:

In 2009, that zeal brought me to Twitter. Initially, the people I encountered on the platform were just as hostile as I expected. They were the digital version of the screaming hordes I'd been seeing at protests since I was a kid. But in the midst of that digital brawl, a strange pattern developed. Someone would arrive at my profile with the usual rage and scorn, I would respond with a custom mix of Bible verses, pop culture references and smiley faces. They would be understandably confused and caught off guard, but then a conversation would ensue. And it was civil -- full of genuine curiosity on both sides. How had the other come to such outrageous conclusions about the world?

Sometimes the conversation even bled into real life. People I'd sparred with on Twitter would come out to the picket line to see me when I protested in their city. A man named David was one such person. He ran a blog called "Jewlicious," and after several months of heated but friendly arguments online, he came out to see me at a picket in New Orleans. He brought me a Middle Eastern dessert from Jerusalem, where he lives, and I brought him kosher chocolate and held a "God hates Jews" sign.

(Laughter)

There was no confusion about our positions, but the line between friend and foe was becoming blurred. We'd started to see each other as human beings, and it changed the way we spoke to one another.

It took time, but eventually these conversations planted seeds of doubt in me. My friends on Twitter took the time to understand Westboro's doctrines, and in doing so, they were able to find inconsistencies I'd missed my entire life. Why did we advocate the death penalty for gays when Jesus said, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone?" How could we claim to love our neighbor while at the same time praying for God to destroy them? The truth is that the care shown to me by these strangers on the internet was itself a contradiction. It was growing evidence that people on the other side were not the demons I'd been led to believe.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject:

MAGA hats are the new confederate flag.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

With all this Maga man talk, I can't help but think of Australopithecus or Cro Magnum, but ,of course, they were more evolved.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject:

Harris is in

I'm with her or Beto

Beto for VP. His "love conquers all" outlook would do well against Pence. Kamala would be a tougher opponent for Trump imo. But having Beto on the ticket would be great.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

https://www.apnews.com/c5d649fd5d784f1baed38a9d96566811

Quote:
“After two years of solid expansion, the world economy is growing more slowly than expected and risks are rising,” said IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde as she presented the new forecasts at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

Underscoring the wobbly state of the global economy: China, the world’s second-biggest economy, on Monday reported 2018 growth of 6.6 percent, the weakest since 1990. Consumer demand and appetite for Chinese exports weakened last year and the IMF expects China’s growth to decelerate again this year — to 6.2 percent
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

Harris is in

I'm with her or Beto

Glad to have her. As to her video, a checklist of values and a vow to fight isn't something I find to be compelling, but it's very early and I like her.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/us/maga-hat-teens-native-american-second-video/index.html

Nobody who has had the misfortune of encountering the black israelites should be surprised by this. They are a vile pack of racist jagoffs.

CNN wrote:

CNN wrote:

That is true. Those guys, in a typical tactic for them, were disgusting. The kids went back, got reinforcements, and came back to have a standoff. Mr. Phillips, the drummer, attempted to break up that standoff, and it initially looked successful, until smirk boy and his friends turned it against him. There are multiple videos and eyewitness accounts, most of them agree with Mr. Phillips version.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

CNN wrote:

CNN wrote:

That is true. Those guys, in a typical tactic for them, were disgusting. The kids went back, got reinforcements, and came back to have a standoff. Mr. Phillips, the drummer, attempted to break up that standoff, and it initially looked successful, until smirk boy and his friends turned it against him. There are multiple videos and eyewitness accounts, most of them agree with Mr. Phillips version.

Take this with a grain of salt but it looks like Covington has a history of racism.

Link below is to a subreddit with a picture of them in blackface from a HS basketball game in 2015. Op links a source to a local forum discussion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/aibjto/pictures_emerge_showing_covington_high_school/?st=JR6KH4OL&sh=d5b04c21
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Harris is in

I'm with her or Beto

Beto for VP. His "love conquers all" outlook would do well against Pence. Kamala would be a tougher opponent for Trump imo. But having Beto on the ticket would be great.

Yep. Harris with Beto as VP is my ticket for now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1350, 1351, 1352 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 1351 of 3671
Jump to: