THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1286, 1287, 1288 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
Yamiche Alcindor AT Yamiche

White House reporters coming out of the meeting between President Trump, Senator Chuck Schumer and Rep Nancy Pelosi look stunned. I'm told all three were yelling at each other, sparring openly and accusing each other of mischaracterizing comments.

They're not playing anymore. And Pelosi's not rolling over on money for a wall like Schumer would.

Haven't you heard? She's terrible.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:
President Trump said: I'd like to not have a government shutdown but border security is a top priority.

"Border security is extremely important and we have to take care of border security," Trump said.

President Trump in meeting: "We are going to talk about the wall...And I'll tell you it's a tough issue because we are on opposite sides."

Nancy Pelosi: I don't think we should have a debate in front of reporters...There are no votes for a wall.

Trump: If I needed the votes in the House I would have them...I need 10 Democratic Senators but I can't get it.

Trump talking over Pelosi: "We need border security. We need border security."

Nancy Pelosi: "Of course we do."

Trump: "We need the wall....Chuck did you want to say something?"

Chuck: The WaPo gives you pinocchios for misstatements on the wall.

Chuck: "We want to do what we did last year...Let's debate in private."

Trump: "See we get along...We need border security and the wall is part of border security."

President Trump repeatedly interrupted and talked over Nancy Pelosi as she made the case that they should continue debating in private and not in front of reporters.

Pelosi: This is not transparency when we can't agree on the same set of facts.

Trump: "We need border security."

Trump: "Nancy is in a situation where it is not easy for her to talk."

Pelosi quickly defended herself: Please don't mischaracterize the strength I bring as the leader of the House Dems who just had a big victory.

Pelosi adds, "We need to have an evidence based conversation."

Pres. Trump: "I am proud to shut down the government for border security...I will be the one of shutdown the government."

Trump adds that he won't blame Democrats for the shutdown if he shuts down for border security.

Trump did not like that Nancy Pelosi called it the "Trump Shutdown."

God, he's an idiot. He thinks he's going to bully her. Bad move. And bragging that he can proudly shut down the government?

And no Chief-of-Staff candidate in sight.

Where is this from?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Where is this from?

The twitter feed of Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche. She was doing a quick transcription on her feed before the video went public.

Here's one link to the video: https://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-pelosi-and-schumer-have-explosive-televised-shouting-match-over-border-wall-i-wont-take-it/

And here's a link to a longer cut: https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1072552388559544321
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Where is this from?

The twitter feed of Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche. She was doing a quick transcription on her feed before the video went public.

Here's one link to the video: https://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-pelosi-and-schumer-have-explosive-televised-shouting-match-over-border-wall-i-wont-take-it/

And here's a link to a longer cut: https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1072552388559544321

Thanks!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

I'm sure Trump thinks he "won" the meeting because he's a malignant narcissist and a no-nothing moron who thinks talking louder = winning. And he will be shocked and angry latter when he turns on the TV to see that he is being universally panned. Pelosi and Schumer worked him over and stole his lunch money.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
I'm sure Trump thinks he "won" the meeting because he's a malignant narcissist and a no-nothing moron who thinks talking louder = winning. And he will be shocked and angry latter when he turns on the TV to see that he is being universally panned. Pelosi and Schumer worked him over and stole his lunch money.

Fox News will be fawning all over his "powerful leadership" . . . that's all he will see or care about.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Where is this from?

Quote:
Trump: "Nancy is in a situation where it is not easy for her to talk."

If I was Schumer I would have demanded he apologize immediately for this line above. I would have stopped the whole interview and not allowed anyone to talk until he apologized...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject:

A doctor works at and perfects his craft to become efficient, same with a mechanic, painter, dentist, actor and POLITICIAN to name a few occupations.

You wouldn't call a painter to extract a tooth, a plumber to operate on a brain tumor. Why call on a reality show actor to be president?

I may be alone in this but my opinion on actors turned politician is not favorable. It was formed by Schwarzenegger, Trump and yes, Reagan.

As much as they prove over and over some are corrupt politicians are what's needed to deal with political issues. Especially foreign policy. I hope a lesson's being learned by the election of Trump, there's one being taught.

Watching Trump, Pelosi and Shumer made me cringe. He's just what we thought he was, Dennis Green.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

What a world

I browse Google news.. it highlights top stories for topics

Lets see

France Terrorist attack at popular Christmas shopping mall
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46530265

Three officers shot in Houston serving a warrant arrest
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/three-police-officers-shot-houston-while-serving-warrant-n946681

Brazil church worshippers gunned down while praying
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-46529733

thoughts and prayers and send more money to the NRA
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
What a world

Lets see

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/three-police-officers-shot-houston-while-serving-warrant-n946681

You can always go the long way -- send money to Russia.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
What a world

Lets see

You can always go the long way -- send money to Russia.

Props on getting a laugh out of me

So, send money to Trumps re-election campaign?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Paraphrasing Chuck: and Nancy

Chuck
Those facts got you 4 Pinocchios

Nancy
Let's discuss it in private, Don't make us call you a liar again in public

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Pelosi reportedly questions Trump’s ‘manhood’ after Oval Office clash on border security

LINK

Quote:

According to the Associated Press, Pelosi, D-Calif., spoke of Trump’s insistence that a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border will be funded and said, "It's like a manhood thing for him. As if manhood could ever be associated with him. This wall thing."

She reportedly continued, "It goes to show you: You get into a tinkle contest with a skunk, you get tinkle all over you."

Nancy Pelosi is slowly becoming one of my favorite people. As has been mentioned. Why is he asking us for money? He said Mexico would pay for the wall.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject:

I've always been a fan of Pelosi and yes, knew that this whole thing against her is flat out misogyny.

She's strong, executes well ruffling fewer feathers than most when getting across her goals.

People still try to taunt her about, "gotta pass it to see what's in it." It's more like gotta pass it and adjust it if it's not right, but the GOP are crazy.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

FWIW, sources say that that he was angry and humiliated, and even threw a bunch of briefing papers out of frustration. Apparently, what bothered him was that Chuck didn't look at him directly and instead looked at the press while talking.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

FWIW, sources say that that he was angry and humiliated, and even threw a bunch of briefing papers out of frustration. Apparently, what bothered him was that Chuck didn't look at him directly and instead looked at the press while talking.

Good. He's had two years (or a whole lifetime) of being surrounded by sycophants and yes-men. Time to face reality. That includes Mueller and SDNY too.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

I think they were sending him a message.

"If you stick around, it's going to be 2 LONG YEARS. Your days of running off at the mouth unilaterally are over. Expect a brash, driect, return volley to all that drivel you speak & tweet".

Part of his schtick is that when he spouts off at the mouth and nobody responds in like kind, he sells it as strength up against weakness. And out of respect for the Office of the Presidency, folks have refrained from responding in like kind. But by responding in Like kind, Pelosi & Schumer have signaled that he's about to lose that little toy of his. Notice he hasn't had his normal twitter tantrum after being embarrassed. The little boy is shook...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Pretty sure Chuck knew that if he looked at Trump he'd puke.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Pretty sure Chuck knew that if he looked at Trump he'd Luke.

I don’t know if that was a typo or a vestige of the filters from the days when people used to call Walton by a nickname that means vomit, but either way, gold, mule, pure gold.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

I don’t know if that was a typo or a vestige of the filters from the days when people used to call Walton by a nickname that means vomit, but either way, gold, mule, pure gold.

It's the filter, and it's the first and only time a filter made something better than intended!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Ocasio Cortez is becoming my favorite legislator. She lacks experience and polish. But she's improving quickly. I think paying her staff a living wage unlike most Congressmen is a factor.
She's genuine. One of Obama's greatest political attributes.

You’re my friend and I respect you, but this is the kind of stuff that drives me nuts. It’s all sizzle, no steak. She won a primary because no one showed up, assuming the other guy had it. She didn’t turn out an army. She turned out less than 16k votes. And she has no idea what she’s talking about but because the left has anointed her, she’s out painfully running her mouth where every other sentence reveals she doesn’t know anything and isn’t in any hurry to learn either. And she demogogues in such bull (bleep) like her staff. There are dozens and hundreds of people lining up for those unpaid internships, because they are dues to future paid positions. She’s paying privileged kids who will do the work for free for the connections, and acting like she’s striking a blow for the worker. She’s got talent, but she needs to figure out the basics before she continues to be a cartoon.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Ocasio Cortez is becoming my favorite legislator. She lacks experience and polish. But she's improving quickly. I think paying her staff a living wage unlike most Congressmen is a factor.
She's genuine. One of Obama's greatest political attributes.

You’re my friend and I respect you, but this is the kind of stuff that drives me nuts. It’s all sizzle, no steak. She won a primary because no one showed up, assuming the other guy had it. She didn’t turn out an army. She turned out less than 16k votes. And she has no idea what she’s talking about but because the left has anointed her, she’s out painfully running her mouth where every other sentence reveals she doesn’t know anything and isn’t in any hurry to learn either. And she demogogues in such bull (bleep) like her staff. There are dozens and hundreds of people lining up for those unpaid internships, because they are dues to future paid positions. She’s paying privileged kids who will do the work for free for the connections, and acting like she’s striking a blow for the worker. She’s got talent, but she needs to figure out the basics before she continues to be a cartoon.

Yeah, she needs to spend some time figuring out how to reasonably and effectively fulfill the responsibilities of her new position as a representative. She really hurt herself with her recent jab at Ryan. She needs to get out of millennial social media "sick burn" mode and get into elected official mode. Leave the meme's to her supporters and focus on actually coming up with meaningful policy points and how they get implemented.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is closing in on a deal with some of her fiercest Democratic critics to support term limits for party leaders -- a move that would likely pave the way for her to clinch the Speaker’s gavel in January.

The tentative agreement, which was first reported by Politico on Tuesday night, would involve Pelosi publicly supporting a caucus rule to impose a three-term limit on the top three members of Democratic leadership, according to sources familiar with the matter. The deal was about “98 percent” of the way done, one source added.

"There are various conversations going on about a path forward," an aide for Pelosi said. "Progress has been made and the conversations are constructive because all involved care about the institution of the House of Representatives."

Under the proposal, if leaders want to run for a fourth term, they would need the support of two-thirds of the Democratic conference -- a much higher threshold than the simple majority currently required in conference.

The term limits would also apply retroactively, meaning Pelosi, House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), and Assistant Democratic Leader Jim Clyburn (D-S.C.) would all be term-limited after 2020, unless they ran for another leadership post or sought a fourth term.

Such a dramatic rule change would have to win approval from the conference, but under the tentative deal, Pelosi would agree to apply the term limits to herself regardless. That means the latest Pelosi can stay on as Speaker is 2022, if she is able to secure a fourth term.

Leadership Term Limits for Democrats
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I think they were sending him a message.

"If you stick around, it's going to be 2 LONG YEARS. Your days of running off at the mouth unilaterally are over. Expect a brash, driect, return volley to all that drivel you speak & tweet".

Part of his schtick is that when he spouts off at the mouth and nobody responds in like kind, he sells it as strength up against weakness. And out of respect for the Office of the Presidency, folks have refrained from responding in like kind. But by responding in Like kind, Pelosi & Schumer have signaled that he's about to lose that little toy of his. Notice he hasn't had his normal twitter tantrum after being embarrassed. The little boy is shook...

I have very little faith in Chuck Schumer’s ability to play hardball against Trump. I am hopeful for Pelosi, but Trump bullied her in that meeting. He talked over, she struggled to get a word in edgewise. Schumer talked over her as well.

The one thing Trump does better than anyone is he picks a phrase and then he says it over and over. By doing that, he dictates the parameters of the debate. This time it was “Border Security, Border Security, Border Security.”

I appreciate them standing up to him in this meeting, but the one thing I’ve learned in my many years is that politicians will almost always disappoint. It’d be nice if this time is different.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Wilt wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

It's the filter, and it's the first and only time a filter made something better than intended!

I’m going to ignore this and pretend you did it on purpose. Because I like the guy I think you are, not just the guy you actually are.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1286, 1287, 1288 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1287 of 3663
Jump to: