Reserves Announced for All-Star Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
This piston love is ridiculous 15/6 isnt all star quality and i dont care how many wins u have, i agreed that chauncey and ben wallace, an rip is a maybe but no way for rasheed.

And don't forget that as a 7 footer, Rasheed's FG% has been 43.5% - not impressive. Heck, Chris Mihm has been putting up 14/8 on 52% FG for a while now - does that make him an all-star, too?

All-stars are about the team in terms of what you do to help your team succeed, but it's still an individual affair to a major extent. The Pistons have been dominant as T-E-A-M, but that doesn't mean each guy is an all-star.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Where's Sasha?
AmoebaD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject:

>543<

Von Wafer!!!

I am outraged...!

HehHeh...

You Can't Always Get What You Want
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
Melo and Paul both deserved to be there.

Let me also add that while the Pistons have been great collectively, individually some of those guys don't deserve to be there. How is 15/6.6 from Rasheed more worthy than some of the other guys who were snubbed?

Honestly, I'm sick of all this Detroit ass-kissing.

did melo get robbed? ehhhhh. no. wait ya turn youngsta. as many years as elton brand has been putting up numbers that were right with Tim duncan and KG. go check the stats. and he is just now getting in. yeah, melo and paul can wait.

and its not detroit favoritism. the D-town boys are ballin this year. you cant knock that. I knew they would be in the allstar game. all 4 of em. But it also shows you, billups isn't a MVP. you cant be the MVP with 3 other allstars on your team.

as for the wests lineup. thats a weird look. man everyone on our team can shoot a 18 footer. i mean EVERYONE. probably the most versatile unit you've ever seen.

my only problem may be, i think will be watching T.parker. He better show me some sweet passes or something. because i really dont want to watch a small guy make layups all night long. that wont be cute. unless he can score 60. I'll also say this. The west allstars should be the team they send to the olympics. Notice all the shooters and mobile bigs. just like the Euros and over seas guys. perfect match. kg, kobe, marion can play the lock down de. but i guess we cant have dirk, or T.P nor nash. for the olympics. but keep the rest of those guys. wait no yao either. and no gasol. okay, i quit.
Aloha
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject:

yeah Im not a FLip+4Horseman fan...

I ranked Chris Paul, Arenas, Redd = and thats why I have the first two on my fantasy team... (ahead of RIP)

As far as our west:
Melo was close.
I would have moved Dirk to C, KG, EB, CA ....
Gasol is doing good but not great...

So Avery Johnson is coach, does that mean Del Harris will be there...
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Glad to see Eltons on there...but I cant believe ARENAS is not an all star..

PPG 28.2
RPG 3.70
APG 5.9
EFF + 22.89
STLS 1.76

wow..and not happy to see 4 pistons on there
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Arenas got robbed big time

I think he should replace JO
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
omg brian cook snubbed!

cook = black dirk

^
JimRaynor55
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
This piston love is ridiculous 15/6 isnt all star quality and i dont care how many wins u have, i agreed that chauncey and ben wallace, an rip is a maybe but no way for rasheed.

The bandwagon butt-kissing and "smart" (translation: make a stupid, unconventional AS pick to stress TEAM performance) voting really went overboard this year. Let's take a closer look at the Pistons:

-Chauncey definately deserves to be there. He's extremely efficient (factor in the 3's), and is racking up a ton of assists.

-Detroit supporters keep bringing up Rip's near 0.5 FG%. Why isn't anyone mentioning the fact that his assists and rpg are so lackluster? Rip is far from an all-around player, and is basically a scorer. He DEFINATELY shouldn't be going over guys like Gilbert Arenas and Michael Redd.

-Rasheed's averaging 15/6. Even if you go by an efficiency-related stat like PER, he doesn't come out that great (at about 19 PER, he's at the "third option" level). All-Star my butt.

-Ben was basically handed the backup center spot by default, because there's so few quality centers out there. Even without his team's record, he would have probably made it. Nobody even considered Zydrunas Ilgauskas, who is averaging over 16 ppg on 51% shooting, and 1.83 bpg in LESS than 30 mpg. Ben owns Z on the boards, they're about tied in blocking%, and Z owns ben HARD in scoring. Going by PER and net PER, Z is clearly the better all-around player.

A strong case can be made that the Pistons only deserved 1 All-Star this season. Arenas was robbed.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject:

what in god's good name is ray allen doing there???

CP3 wuz robbed.
JimRaynor55
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Chris Paul has had an excellent season so far, and I gave him all my write-in votes. Both Paul and Allen have been playing at an All-Star level, and were both deserving to go. I think they picked Allen over Paul because he's the established star. What if Paul started sucking in the second half of the season? Then you would have picked a half-season wonder over a real star. Paul's got a long career ahead of him, and in the guard-thin West, he'll be considered for All-Star selection for years to come.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
what in god's good name is ray allen doing there???

CP3 wuz robbed.
, i dont know what the hell he is doing their, he is on a sucky team , his stats arent simply ridiculous too the point of melo, paul,and arenas. (I didnt check his stats so their is a chance i could be wrong im venturing too say he is around 24/4/4 low 40 % on both percentages. FActor in a losing team and what others are doing in the west he is a DEFINITE no . Im still outraged by the media'sbandwagoning on the pistons, and their record now is only 1.5 games better than the mavs!!!! So should we take the Entire mavs team too? Because outside of chauncey no one has All stat caliber numbers or is an all star player. Big Ben gets in because of the CEnter posistion and its short comings. Their probably (bleep) because tayshaun prince and his 14/4/2 werent enough for an all star bid, and u know their is a media guy complaing about that. Magic ,kenny and Chuck had like at least 3 pistions on their teams i think one had 5 and the others 4 a peice.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject:

kells1220 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Arenas got robbed big time

I think he should replace JO

JO is on the block or is soon headed their , bank on that. Their have been whispers hear and their since last season about him raising his level of player , and more injury's and no being able too raise to a tim duncan type level. Would anyone ever consider him in a purple and gold? I mean he wouldnt have to be the man here with kobe here already. But his injury problems are becoming a conceran i would think, shoulder , now a groun problem, breaking down alittle it seems and we know how fast big gus go down hill.
JimRaynor55
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
i dont know what the hell he is doing their, he is on a sucky team , his stats arent simply ridiculous too the point of melo, paul,and arenas. (I didnt check his stats so their is a chance i could be wrong im venturing too say he is around 24/4/4 low 40 % on both percentages. FActor in a losing team and what others are doing in the west he is a DEFINITE no .

Ray's stats are All-Star caliber. Team record should NOT be a serious consideration (and you seem to believe that when you said the Pistons didn't deserve all their selections). I think last season should have taught us that a great player surrounded by crap is going to lose no matter what. Hell, just look at our recent losing streak. Was it Kobe's fault, or was it his scrubby supporting cast?
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject:

This year Melo > Ray Allen
26 ppg is all-star material IMO

You think Melo would fit in the Triangle?

08 lineup:

Mike James (maybe Smush or Sasha get better)
Kobe
Melo
Odom
Bynum

Championship
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject:

My reserves:

West
G- Tony Parker
G- Chris Paul

F- Elton Brand
F- Kevin Garnett
F- Shawn Marion
F- Carmelo Anthony

C- Dirk Nowitzki

East

G- Gilbert Arenas
G- Chauncy Billups
G- Jason Kidd

F- Chris Bosh
F- Vince Carter
F- Dwight Howard

C-Ben Wallace

JO Replacement- Paul Pierce

Rasheed publicy stated he didn't want to play in the all-star game, so he could tell the league to replace him.
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Hamilton and Sheed shouldn't be on the list. The all-star is about the best players, not the best teams. 15 and 6? You have to be kidding me.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:
LOL wtf...no Melo? Isn't he like 3rd in 4th qtr scoring this season and isn't afraid of the ball in the last 2 min of every game. Melo should have gotten either Ray Allen's or Pau Gasol's spot.

Melo

25.8 ppg
5.3 rpg
2.6 apg
46.1 FG%

This guy is not an all star?

Dude his assists suck compared to his TO

hes a ball hog

i hate him
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Lamar Odom could have made it, but, hes a whimp isnt he?

isnt he?

(evil crazy laugh)
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

why is PP there. That is an outrage.
KingKoBE_8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject:

This is why I hate how the NBA has become too corporate. All they do is treat whoever they feel that will make their "business" better like Gods. And they will not try to tarnish players like LeBron James in the Dunk contest becauseif he loses than everyone will see that he just another player and not the next Jordan for whatever thats worth to those idiots.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Fans vote out of popularity, coaches vote out sentimentality. There will never be a true all-star game. Because the Pistons have the best record, I guess that means a guy averaging 15 pts 6.6 rebounds should be an all-star. Rasheed Wallace is a role player, a good one, and that's it.. nothing more.
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject:

KingKoBE_8 wrote:
This is why I hate how the NBA has become too corporate. All they do is treat whoever they feel that will make their "business" better like Gods. And they will not try to tarnish players like LeBron James in the Dunk contest becauseif he loses than everyone will see that he just another player and not the next Jordan for whatever thats worth to those idiots.

They asked LB23 the last 3 years, he declined every year. He declined this year saying he doesn't have the creativeness the usual contestants have.
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject:

What the hell is a Ray Allen and why has it been named as an All-Star reserve?
Wags_16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject:

I agree there too. Allen hasn't been that consistant this season.

boommic wrote:
They should have put melo in over ray allen. nuggets are leading their division yet don't have a single all star. that's jacked up.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: