Recent Rumor Mill Rumblings

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:12 am    Post subject: Recent Rumor Mill Rumblings

It's so funny how I'm starting to read reports again about DeMarcus Cousins and now they're throwing Jimmy Butler's name in the mix.

Of course that sounds great but I don't believe it's too realistic. We would basically deplete our roster bringing those two guys in.

Does anyone think that's actually possible?

I find it hard to believe that the Lakers are so willing to blow out their young core without giving them a chance to play with each other under the new regime of Luke Walton, but at the same time I understand this is a business.
On paper it sounds like an awesome pairing for the future, but who would we lose and have left.

My immediate guess is that Russel, Randle and Ingram would be gone and possibly Clarkson as well. Then we would be without a point guard.

I don't believe these rumors but at the same time it is fun to think about.
I do however believe the Lakers will target another player and possibly look to attain that player prior to the deadline if the young guns aren't working out as planned.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject:

I don't see them blowing up the team for 2 guys who aren't transcendent superstars.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are doing nothing like this for at least another year. The LAST thing we want to do is trade away a guy who ends out being better than the guy we got in return. It would be the kiss of death for both Jim and Mitch.

Having a guy like Ingram is a special situation. We absolutely NEED/HAVE/G*dDangBetterWell to develop this guy for a couple years and have an idea on his ceiling before he gift him to some other team.

This kid COULD be our next superstar, let's not screw that up!
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Lakers are doing nothing like this for at least another year. The LAST thing we want to do is trade away a guy who ends out being better than the guy we got in return. It would be the kiss of death for both Jim and Mitch.

Having a guy like Ingram is a special situation. We absolutely NEED/HAVE/G*dDangBetterWell to develop this guy for a couple years and have an idea on his ceiling before he gift him to some other team.

This kid COULD be our next superstar, let's not screw that up!

lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:46 am    Post subject:

Now Rudy Gay Rumors just before training camp

http://en.yibada.com/articles/162521/20160924/nba-rumors-3-reasons-why-lakers-are-trading-for-rudy-gay.htm

However I can honestly say it wouldn't be bad to have him on the team, he could definitely round out the roster. He might be considered a star player or a major contributor, but he's not the Superstar this team needs. Although I believe that we could find that in one of our young guys this season.

Gay IMO would fit the Andre Iguodola role for this team. An athletic guard/forward who can spread the floor provide some spark off the bench or even in a starting role and some much needed vet leadership. I don't think Deng is enough for this team, because it's obvious that Russell will have a BIG Eggo to start the season.

Trading for Gay and just giving up Young and Williams makes sense to me, but I don't know if that's the case for the Kings.
The roster because harder to predict with that amount of similar talent on the team. We would have three really decent players at the same position:

PG = Russell + Calderon + Huertas + Jacobs
SH = Clarkson
SF = Deng + Gay + Ingram + Brown + Wear + MWP
PF = Randle + Nance Jr. + Auguste + Robinson
C = Mozgov + Black + Zubac + Yi

When you look at this team currently, we're pretty redundant and somewhat unbalanced.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
Now Rudy Gay Rumors just before training camp

http://en.yibada.com/articles/162521/20160924/nba-rumors-3-reasons-why-lakers-are-trading-for-rudy-gay.htm

However I can honestly say it wouldn't be bad to have him on the team, he could definitely round out the roster. He might be considered a star player or a major contributor, but he's not the Superstar this team needs. Although I believe that we could find that in one of our young guys this season.

Gay IMO would fit the Andre Iguodola role for this team. An athletic guard/forward who can spread the floor provide some spark off the bench or even in a starting role and some much needed vet leadership. I don't think Deng is enough for this team, because it's obvious that Russell will have a BIG Eggo to start the season.

Trading for Gay and just giving up Young and Williams makes sense to me, but I don't know if that's the case for the Kings.
The roster because harder to predict with that amount of similar talent on the team. We would have three really decent players at the same position:

PG = Russell + Calderon + Huertas + Jacobs
SH = Clarkson
SF = Deng + Gay + Ingram + Brown + Wear + MWP
PF = Randle + Nance Jr. + Auguste + Robinson
C = Mozgov + Black + Zubac + Yi

When you look at this team currently, we're pretty redundant and somewhat unbalanced.

I think Ingram because of the weight should play some SG, So Gay's expiring for Williams and Nick Young might be worth it, if they see the same thing.

If they don't see Ingram playing a lot of 2 this year, then I don't like the idea. Also it should be noted it does give the lakers an additional roster spot. So if they see Nick Young lets say on the cut line... it could in theory be Gay for Williams in their eyes.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject:

I would rather have Lou Williams than Gay, especially considering if Gay opts in our cap space next offseason is screwed. Cousins is a cancer, I was a big WCS fan at Kentucky, but saw him adopting some of Cousin's bad habits last season, mocking the coach and general disrespect. There is no way in hell I want that influence on the Lakers young guns.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Clippers might blow up after this season. If CP3 leaves, then the door is wide open for Blake Griffin to follow suit. Rumor mill has it the Thunder and Lakers are interested.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:44 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Clippers might blow up after this season. If CP3 leaves, then the door is wide open for Blake Griffin to follow suit. Rumor mill has it the Thunder and Lakers are interested.

I tend to agree with you that Blake/Lakers would be interested in each other, assuming Blake's health is ok.

He's clearly bothered that the Lakers receive all the love and adoration in LA. I don't see him leaving LA to go to a dumpster like OKC, particularly when WB can be a FA again the next summer.

Of course this is contingent on Randle. If he plays well enough to avoid Blake as a FA, kudos. If not, I have Blake as one of the top FA targets in 2017 by the Lakers.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

I tend to agree with you that Blake/Lakers would be interested in each other, assuming Blake's health is ok.

He's clearly bothered that the Lakers receive all the love and adoration in LA. I don't see him leaving LA to go to a dumpster like OKC, particularly when WB can be a FA again the next summer.

Of course this is contingent on Randle. If he plays well enough to avoid Blake as a FA, kudos. If not, I have Blake as one of the top FA targets in 2017 by the Lakers.

That said, it's BG's personal dumpster; everyone there would adore him like no other if he went back there as a free agent to join WB who may choose to stay if the Thunder were to acquire a free agent of his caliber.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

That said, it's BG's personal dumpster; everyone there would adore him like no other if he went back there as a free agent to join WB who may choose to stay if the Thunder were to acquire a free agent of his caliber.

I think he quite enjoys LA. I don't see him downgrading his lifestyle that badly.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:

I think he quite enjoys LA. I don't see him downgrading his lifestyle that badly.

I don't know if he's staying in LA or not or even if he was to come to the Lakers, but if he did, that would make me a happy fan, because the Clippers always take our players from across the hall when we're done with them...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: