Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 338, 339, 340, 341, 342  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
damn Man. i knew dodgers should have gotten verlander just to keep him off another team.

Yeah, but Verlander didn't necessarily beat us.

We beat him once and then blew the other game he started.

We lost because of Kenley blowing game 2, Darvish imploding in both his starts and Kershaw not being able to hold big leads in game 5.

Props to the Astros, they did earn it. But we also played a big role in losing it.

He didnt beat us himself but having a starting rotation of kersh, ver, and darvish vs anyone else gives you great odds.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Real talk though, Kershaw is the biggest winner from this game. I think the heat given to him is gonna cool down a little bit while everyone focuses on Darvish's meltdown while he came and held the fort for the middle innings.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

We saw players we can rely on in pressure situations. Thats something to build on for next year.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
My friends from Houston texting me with trash talk. One said the Astros are the Golden State Warriors of MLB.

Uh yeah with a garbage rotation and pen.. if anything the Dodgers are the Warriors that just lost to the Cavs in 2016
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
rwongega wrote:
Some kind of heavy police presence in lots. Mounted, SWAT, etc

Be safe dude. I've seen some crazy (bleep) at dodger games!

Something happened but not sure what. Overheard someone say accident, another say someone on the floor.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

This hurts, but not nearly as much as when the Lakers lose in the playoffs. Baseball is only my 3rd favorite sport, behind football and basketball. At least the Lakers are showing signs of life and my 49ers just got Garoppolo.

After Game 7 vs Boston in 2010 I can never feel bad again as an L.A. native.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Has parity hit MLB? Last year a team that hasn’t won in over 100 years wins and this year one who has never won.

Possibly. However, both organization have been building through the farm system over the last 5 + years to finally get to that point.

I do feel baseball is setup well for parity though, compared to the NBA or NFL.

Baseball has the most parity of any of the four largest sports. And it’s not close.

How you figure?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

congrats on a thrilling season, dodgerbros

was fun to root for you

would've loved for LA to celebrate at the expense of texan rubes
cisternachyli
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
My friends from Houston texting me with trash talk. One said the Astros are the Golden State Warriors of MLB.

Yeah that fool doesn't know (bleep) about sports. Remind him that the Asstros lost 111 games in 2013.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
This hurts, but not nearly as much as when the Lakers lose in the playoffs. Baseball is only my 3rd favorite sport, behind football and basketball. At least the Lakers are showing signs of life and my 49ers just got Garoppolo.

The dodgers are right up there with the Lakers for me. You got to understand the Dodgers were like the Lakers in the 80's. They were always in the World Series and Gibsons home run was arguaby the greatest moment in LA sports history. At least we have Kobe to live off of for a while, the dodgers haven't sniffed a trophy in 29 years.. this one hurt.. you act like this was the Sparks or something.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Kobe>Lebron wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Uh yeah with a garbage rotation and pen.. if anything the Dodgers are the Warriors that just lost to the Cavs in 2016

Problem is Dodgers haven't won anything.....getting close isn't a consolation.
Starting to feel like what it felt to be a Braves fan in the 90's.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:57 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:

Well he has the right fan mentality for the Warriors
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Already seeing memes online showing Correa's proposal and saying that Correa's girlfriend got a ring before Kershaw did.

Ouch.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject:

HUGE MISTAKE going with Darvish!

He choked in the other game he started and single-handedly LOST this game!

Roberts should have went with Woods, it was completely unfair to all the players who worked so hard all year for the home-field advantage, to have their fates decided by a guy that pitched a handful of games for them.

The even bigger mistake will be to give this guy a HUGE long term contract.

They could have had Verlander but were unwilling to give up equal talent, instead they went "cheap" and got Darvish - well Dodgers you get what you pay for...!
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
damn Man. i knew dodgers should have gotten verlander just to keep him off another team.

they probably should've pickup up Morton for the same reason. guy was money tonight.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

cisternachyli wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Yeah that fool doesn't know (bleep) about sports. Remind him that the Asstros lost 111 games in 2013.

they were blatantly tanking, and Selig was good with it. Although without a salary cap, and that the win variation is nowhere near as close as other sports (being deliberately awful will still get you 1/3 win rate and you need to be truly transcendent to get >2/3 win rate), it's nowhere near as big a deal.

Sports Illustrated even did the following, and yeah look at the date

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/10464218_10154263320520431_6241616349984624771_n.jpg?w=1000

Last edited by Telleris on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Kobe>Lebron wrote:
slavavov wrote:

The dodgers are right up there with the Lakers for me. You got to understand the Dodgers were like the Lakers in the 80's. They were always in the World Series and Gibsons home run was arguaby the greatest moment in LA sports history. At least we have Kobe to live off of for a while, the dodgers haven't sniffed a trophy in 29 years.. this one hurt.. you act like this was the Sparks or something.

Make no mistake, it hurts and I feel really sad for them right now. I'm a millennial, so even though I'm well aware of how much the Dodgers mean to our city, I wasn't around when they were THE team here before Showtime became a dynasty. It's just that I don't like baseball nearly as much as basketball or football. But without a doubt, as someone who is a Santa Monica native, I think this one of the worst days in our city's history. This is right up there with the Lakers' Game 7 losses to the Celtics back in the day.

Plus, losing to a team from the South, especially Texas makes it 10x worse.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Theres still room for traditional baseball managing as we saw in this series. Overly relying on analytics blew up in our faces. Lets hope theres some middle ground next season and guys who are pitching good games are rewarded...
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Everyone was saying that there was no way Darvish would be as bad as he was in game 3, but he was actually worse giving up 5 runs this time. I was hoping he would look like the Darvish we saw against Arizona and Chicago.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

I am dead in inside.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Hindsight now but if Kershaw had pitched game 4 he would have started game 7 and Darvish wouldn’t have gotten another start in the series. So it would have been Kershaw, Wood, Hill and Kershaw. And 4 lefties in a row against the Astros (they have a losing record against lefties although I’m not sure how significant that is).

And this was a huge reason to put Kershaw in game 4. The team has its ace starting 2 of the final 4 games if it goes 7.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Hindsight now but if Kershaw had pitched game 4 he would have started game 7 and Darvish wouldn’t have gotten another start in the series. So it would have been Kershaw, Wood, Hill and Kershaw. And 4 lefties in a row against the Astros (they have a losing record against lefties although I’m not sure how significant that is).

And this was a huge reason to put Kershaw in game 4. The team has its ace starting 2 of the final 4 games if it goes 7.

I just don't think they wanted to tax Kershaw with his recent back DL history, and Wood did come up huge in Game 4. I don't think we can go back and say that that was the wrong decision. Ultimately, if Kershaw does his job in Game 5 (on full rest), we're up 3-2 going home. As it was, we still got it to a Game 7 at home, and had an opposing starting pitcher that was always likely to be wobbly, and, indeed, was (McCullers). I was in favor of starting Darvish but I was wrong, and even from starting Darvish, if Roberts pulls him earlier when it was obvious he had nothing, maybe they only get a couple of runs and maybe if our hitters hadn't come up small against a wobbly McCullers...

Just comes down to woulda, coulda, shoulda at this point. We didn't execute very well in this series, and that's why we lost. Their hitters also struck out far less than ours did, and their younger players handled Game 7 better than ours did. I mean, Bellinger made a key error on the second batter of the game and struck out every time up and left 6 runners on base. And Cody had been fantastic defensively before tonight.

Just wasn't our night. We picked a horrible time to play a terrible game, where we didn't even have a chance late. The Dodgers were so good this season that they almost always were right in games even if they lost them, including the entire postseason. It was like a perfect storm against us. Starting pitcher doesn't have it, a key error, a manager waiting too long to make a change, and complete impotence at the plate in the early innings when we could've put some pressure on them and gotten back into it. We had one final chance to make it interesting after Ethier's RBI single, with 2 on and a 5-1 game. A couple of hits in a row there (or a 3-run homer), and it obviously tightens up considerably. But Morton (that was his 1st inning) got out of that, and then he was just filthy in his final 3 innings. Dude was throwing 96-98 with a wicked breaking ball too.
jdm43390
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject:

wasted season. what the f*ck's the point of having home field if you're gonna play like (bleep) in Game 7 This was their best chance of winning it all. Ultimate let down smh
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

World Series. See you again after another 20-30 years.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

I just don't think they wanted to tax Kershaw with his recent back DL history, and Wood did come up huge in Game 4. I don't think we can go back and say that that was the wrong decision. Ultimately, if Kershaw does his job in Game 5 (on full rest), we're up 3-2 going home. As it was, we still got it to a Game 7 at home, and had an opposing starting pitcher that was always likely to be wobbly, and, indeed, was (McCullers). I was in favor of starting Darvish but I was wrong, and even from starting Darvish, if Roberts pulls him earlier when it was obvious he had nothing, maybe they only get a couple of runs and maybe if our hitters hadn't come up small against a wobbly McCullers..

At the time I think I would have gone with Kershaw. He didn’t throw that much in game 1 and in the past he has done well on 3 days rest if he only does it for a start or two. We all forgot about this after Wood pitched so well in game 4, but Wood probably wins game 5 if he pitches in that game.

I always felt the team was gambling with Darvish starting game 7. He is either really good or really bad. I thought he might step up tonight but it was still a gamble IMO. I’d strongly prefer a Kershaw on 3 days rest over that option, especially after what we saw in game 3 and with Darvish having issues with the baseball and possibly tipping pitches.

The Dodgers were down 2-1 and if there was a comeback it wasn’t likely going to be 3 wins in a row. At that point it looked like the team was either going to go down, or have to win a game 7.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 338, 339, 340, 341, 342  Next
Page 339 of 342
Jump to: