Colin Kaepernick - Update pg 21, settlement agreed to
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Please, he lost his job to Blaine Gabbert. Failing was being nice.

And (bleep) off with the insinuation that IDGAF about black people - I don't give a (bleep) about Colin Kaepernick, but you can take the rest of that sentence and shove it up your ass.

Your choice of words show who you really are, just like Kaep's "social justice schtick" shows who he really is.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Looks like things got real aggressive in here on a topic of Kaepernick working out for the Raiders.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Robblake wrote:
You can’t tell me if kap goes on to wins super bowl, it’ isn’t the greatest sports story If not top 3.

He got a workout from the Raiders, that is very far from making it on the opening season roster let alone playing in the postseason.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 4:12 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Robblake wrote:
You can’t tell me if kap goes on to wins super bowl, it’ isn’t the greatest sports story If not top 3.

He got a workout from the Raiders, that is very far from making it on the opening season roster let alone playing in the postseason.

You can underestimate Kaepernick if you choose, but do it at your own peril:

Quote:
10. If he were to pat you on the back, you would list it on your resume.

9. He once ran a marathon, because it was on his way.

8. Mosquitos refuse to bite him purely out of respect.

7. If he were to mispronounce your name, you would feel compelled to change it.

6. If opportunity knocks, and he's not home, opportunity waits.

5. His two cents is worth $37 in change.

4. Once, a rattlesnake bit him. After five days of excruciating pain, the snake finally died.

3. When he has a 50/50 shot, the odds are 80/20 in his favor.

2. He has won the lifetime achievement award, twice.

1. His words carry weight that would break a less interesting man's jaw.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 4:21 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Robblake wrote:

You can underestimate Kaepernick if you choose, but do it at your own peril:

Quote:
10. If he were to pat you on the back, you would list it on your resume.

9. He once ran a marathon, because it was on his way.

8. Mosquitos refuse to bite him purely out of respect.

7. If he were to mispronounce your name, you would feel compelled to change it.

6. If opportunity knocks, and he's not home, opportunity waits.

5. His two cents is worth $37 in change.

4. Once, a rattlesnake bit him. After five days of excruciating pain, the snake finally died.

3. When he has a 50/50 shot, the odds are 80/20 in his favor.

2. He has won the lifetime achievement award, twice.

1. His words carry weight that would break a less interesting man's jaw.

It's been so long but were most of these from the Chuck Norris internet days?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
It's been so long but were most of these from the Chuck Norris internet days?

Yup, I just got them from the most interesting man top 10. Kaepernick is the most interesting man right now...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Grifters gonna grift.

I'm curious. What does that mean?

I don't think he really believes in his social justice schtick. Seemed like a nice ploy to distract from his failing NFL career and keep him in the limelight, while giving him an easy excuse as to why no one was signing him. Worked wonders, even got him a settlement as idiotic NFL execs couldn't help but trip over themselves in avoiding workouts with him. (If I was their legal advisor, I would have worked him out, and written copious notes on why he is no longer satisfactory NFL talent, not just outright ignored him.)

And so - a few years later, wanting relevancy - he tries out for NFL teams he knows he has no chance of making, so he can once again spin the narrative that racist obstacles have been set before him preventing his return. Gets him back in the media and allows him to ride the victim train for a few more years.

His whole thing is a grift - basically a scam/ploy to enrich him, not to help others.

Your accusing a man of grifting who put his career on the line to highlight police brutality and inequality is asinine. That is so far from what Kap was doing that it borders on insanity. I don't know how to engage in that labeling without being insulting so I'll leave it alone.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue May 31, 2022 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:56 am    Post subject:

He put his career on the line by not learning how to read defenses and react to modern day offensive game plans. It took defensive coordinators one off season to create successful game plans against him. He lacked the ability to grow with the league. He was a mediocre quarterback and that is why no team found it worthwhile to put up with the show to sign him. Do you think that Tom Brady would be out of the league if he had the same schtick?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 8:05 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
He put his career on the line by not learning how to read defenses and react to modern day offensive game plans. It took defensive coordinators one off season to create successful game plans against him. He lacked the ability to grow with the league. He was a mediocre quarterback and that is why no team found it worthwhile to put up with the show to sign him. Do you think that Tom Brady would be out of the league if he had the same schtick?

Comparing Kaepernick to Tom Brady is a choice.

Comparing Kaepernick to RGIII, or Geno Smith is another choice....
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 8:23 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

I think Colin would be in the league if it weren't for his protesting. His value would have been diminished because of his play but he would have been playing somewhere.

I think because of Colin's protests some fans have blocked out his overall performances. He's no Tom, Patrick or Aaron but he's not a scrub.

I don't think Tom would have blackballed if he knelt. Neither would Aaron Rogers, Drew Breeze, or Patrick Mahomes to name a few.

I think what happened to him was unfair. Donald Trump changed the narrative. It wasn't about the flag it was about police brutality and racial inequality. The NFL has finally acknowledged that.

This entire post is voicing my opinions.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 6:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

This is just BS. Kaep may or may not have been a quality starting QB, but the idea that he could t get a backup or third string look at a time when people who never were as good as him were getting snapped up lends a lie to this. And yes, if Tom Brady is black and kneels, he might have been out too. But even if the top star who is also white would t get automatically essentially banned, that doesn’t change the fact that everyone knows Kaep was blackballed.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:48 am    Post subject:

Different cause but Enes similar situation?

Quote:
We talked with the 30-year-old center — who’s played 11 seasons in the NBA — while he was in D.C. this week, and he told us he’s unsure if he’ll be granted another opportunity to play in the Association again because of his outspokenness against the league and authoritarians across the globe. “They’re pushing me to retire at the age of 30, unfortunately,” Enes said. “I’m going to push through it. I’m still working out. I’m still practicing.”
“But, the one thing I can say is, the NBA and Adam Silver is definitely one of the most hypocritical organizations and one of the most hypocritical commissioners out there in the world.” – via TMZ Staff @ TMZ.com
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:10 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Do you think that Tom Brady would be out of the league if he had the same schtick?

These are tough hypotheticals. Brady is white, had every opportunity, came from money and privilege.

The facts are, CK led a team to a super bowl and without shady electrical was the better team. No one had ever argued that he wasn’t better than 1/3 of the QBS.

He was run out by the fans ina fans league. Owners saw the polls on him and blackballed him. IMHO if it’s today, he’s probably still playing.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:52 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Quote:
We talked with the 30-year-old center — who’s played 11 seasons in the NBA — while he was in D.C. this week, and he told us he’s unsure if he’ll be granted another opportunity to play in the Association again because of his outspokenness against the league and authoritarians across the globe. “They’re pushing me to retire at the age of 30, unfortunately,” Enes said. “I’m going to push through it. I’m still working out. I’m still practicing.”
“But, the one thing I can say is, the NBA and Adam Silver is definitely one of the most hypocritical organizations and one of the most hypocritical commissioners out there in the world.” – via TMZ Staff @ TMZ.com

The guy was an end of bench player before he started being outspoken. No NBA team owner is going to put up with that for somebody who barely contributes.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:08 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
governator wrote:

Quote:

The guy was an end of bench player before he started being outspoken. No NBA team owner is going to put up with that for somebody who barely contributes.

plus he was vocal about other players. Never good in a players league.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
governator wrote:

Quote:

Probably didn't help that he called out Lebron. On the hierarchy of star players with power making enemies with Lebron didn't help his cause.
Also according to this article, they didn't like each other before he started being outspoken.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/lebron-james-enes-freedom-lakers-celtics/1iint0awaw2vw110g48spdhtci
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
governator wrote:

Quote:

Kanter is a solid player. He has spoken out against China, which has effectively cause the blackballing. His team's games are blocked on Chinese TV.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:18 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
governator wrote:

Quote:

Kanter is a solid player. He has spoken out against China, which has effectively cause the blackballing. His team's games are blocked on Chinese TV.

Solid aptly describes Kanters play. Its unfortunate politics is so far-reaching. Kanter is the NBA's Colin Kaepernick.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26
Jump to: