Colin Kaepernick - Update pg 21, settlement agreed to
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2005
Posts: 10687

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Addressing reporters from his locker at the team's training facility Sunday, Kaepernick, who's sat for The Star Spangled Banner during the Niners' past two preseason games, said: "I'll continue to sit. I'm going to continue to stand with the people that are being oppressed. To me, this is something that has to change, and when there's significant change — and I feel like that flag represents what it's supposed to represent, and this country is representing people the way it's supposed to — I'll stand."


Sitting to Continue Until the Government Approved Killing Stops
_________________
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 44156
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, because a little respected QB playing in the NFL refusing to stand for the Anthem is going to do anything except bring him attention.

I support his choice to do whatever he wishes, but his self aggrandizement of a non-event is pure arrogance.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2005
Posts: 10687

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject:

^^^^^ One thing for sure is, summer is normally peak killing season for cops, yet this summer has seen a noticable decrease in killing of unarmed citizens. Heck, it's been almost a month since we've had a cop killing unarmed citizen thread. That's gotta be a record since the spotlight got shined on the killing spree. So for better or worse, things seem to at least finally be moving in the right direction. Or it could just be a setup for a rather bloody Autumn. Guess only time will tell.
_________________
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 33136

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
I'm a niners fan and I can't stand Kaep.. shut up and play football. We should have drop this guy forever ago. he's a head case. He has more talent that Russell Wilson.. he's right up there with Cam as far as talent is concerned.Too bad he has no brain. Makes terrible decisions on and off the field.


You sure about that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 49181
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject:


Thugnomoe wrote:

Quote:
I'm a niners fan and I can't stand Kaep.. shut up and play football. We should have drop this guy forever ago. he's a head case. He has more talent that Russell Wilson.. he's right up there with Cam as far as talent is concerned.Too bad he has no brain. Makes terrible decisions on and off the field.

I don't know Thug. He's only had one good season to my memory. Russel is proven. Cap as yet.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2009
Posts: 6506

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Thugnomoe wrote:

Quote:
I'm a niners fan and I can't stand Kaep.. shut up and play football. We should have drop this guy forever ago. he's a head case. He has more talent that Russell Wilson.. he's right up there with Cam as far as talent is concerned.Too bad he has no brain. Makes terrible decisions on and off the field.

I don't know Thug. He's only had one good season to my memory. Russel is proven. Cap as yet.

He's more physically gifted
_________________
"It was tough," Kobe Bryant said. "But when it got really tough for me, I just checked myself in."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 44156
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
^^^^^ One thing for sure is, summer is normally peak killing season for cops, yet this summer has seen a noticable decrease in killing of unarmed citizens. Heck, it's been almost a month since we've had a cop killing unarmed citizen thread. That's gotta be a record since the spotlight got shined on the killing spree. So for better or worse, things seem to at least finally be moving in the right direction. Or it could just be a setup for a rather bloody Autumn. Guess only time will tell.


We aren't through Labor Day yet . .
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 20510
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Yeah, because a little respected QB playing in the NFL refusing to stand for the Anthem is going to do anything except bring him attention.

I support his choice to do whatever he wishes, but his self aggrandizement of a non-event is pure arrogance.


Yep. Otherwise the headlines out of SF would be "When is Krap getting Kut", "Colin on trade block for pennies", "Can our team's embarrassment play another position", and "What to do with an albatross".
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 49181
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Thugnomoe wrote:

Quote:
I'm a niners fan and I can't stand Kaep.. shut up and play football. We should have drop this guy forever ago. he's a head case. He has more talent that Russell Wilson.. he's right up there with Cam as far as talent is concerned.Too bad he has no brain. Makes terrible decisions on and off the field.

I don't know Thug. He's only had one good season to my memory. Russel is proven. Cap as yet.

He's more physically gifted

Do you remember Fran Tarkenton?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 135017
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject:

No surprise, he has refused to play NFL quality QB for several years.
_________________
Cardinals magic number is 2020
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 43584

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject:

To me, whatever the issues he has with the police are irrelevant to respecting the flag. A lot of people including a lot of black people have died defending that flag and the freedoms it represents.

To me, it just screams "look at me" and is a childish and naive act to take...similar to what a teenager might do for instance when upset.

The guy is a clown and a bad NFL QB to boot.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 84902
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
To me, whatever the issues he has with the police are irrelevant to respecting the flag. A lot of people including a lot of black people have died defending that flag and the freedoms it represents.

To me, it just screams "look at me" and is a childish and naive act to take...similar to what a teenager might do for instance when upset.

The guy is a clown and a bad NFL QB to boot.


I tend to think this guy is looking for an issue to work with, but to your main point, the fact that a lot of people have died for this country doesn't change the fact that people have suffered at its hands as well, and the flag cannot be just used for one end of the spectrum and denied for the other.
_________________
I guess I just miss my friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2005
Posts: 10687

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kaepernick has been rehabbing offseason surgeries to his thumb, shoulder and knee and missed the first two preseason games with a tired arm.

Now it looks like his standing on the roster could be in jeopardy not because of his recent stance but rather his declining performance on the field.

FOX Sports NFL Insider Jay Glazer discussed Kaepernick's odds of being on the 49ers roster at season's end.

Quote:
"Regardless of politics or not, he has a very, very big uphill battle to make this team," Glazer said on FOX Sunday. "I'd be shocked if he's on the 49ers by the time this season ends. It has nothing to do with political views whatsoever. He lost a ton of weight this offseason, had three surgeries, couldn't work out, lost that double threat, that size-speed ratio. No political views, he just hasn't been effective. He's regressing as a player. I'd be shocked if he's on this roster by the end of this year. He may not be on it in the next two weeks."



Krappernicked
_________________
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 44156
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
To me, whatever the issues he has with the police are irrelevant to respecting the flag. A lot of people including a lot of black people have died defending that flag and the freedoms it represents.

To me, it just screams "look at me" and is a childish and naive act to take...similar to what a teenager might do for instance when upset.

The guy is a clown and a bad NFL QB to boot.


I tend to think this guy is looking for an issue to work with, but to your main point, the fact that a lot of people have died for this country doesn't change the fact that people have suffered at its hands as well, and the flag cannot be just used for one end of the spectrum and denied for the other.


This is a guy who is losing his relevance and thus feels the need to desperately find a new way to get some. As rwongega pointed out, this is a convenient opportunity to switch the discussion of Colin Kaepernick from the questionable QB who is overpaid to Colin Kaepernick the "social activist". He doesn't exactly have a long, in-depth record of speaking out on social issues, so suddenly deciding to become a social dissident in the middle of a pre-season that sees him in a diminishing role doesn't really ring all that sincere.

While I'm steadfastly on the side of those who aggressively pursue law enforcement reform, I see corrupt law enforcement and the bureaucracy that supports it as being one that represents a very narrow portion of what it is to be an American and what the flag represents. I fully support him in his ability to make whatever statement he wishes - as the flag he has chosen to shun represents. The flag represents SO much more than law enforcement and the spirit of the flag has nothing to do with the problems that plague us in that regard.

I'd have much more respect for him and his "message" if he were actively involved in trying to make a difference in the issue rather than exploiting the issue to call attention to himself. Maybe he's made behind the scenes donations to the victims of the shootings he is 'protesting" that I don't know about, but I'm guessing that the extent of his protest and support of the cause lies in calling attention to himself rather than actually addressing the issue in any meaningful and tangible manner.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 20026

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Good for Kap. Not going to debate what's the right way to do it, but we need even bigger voices to take a stand. There are other agendas being carried out with so much effort, and it's sickening. Yet, this issue manages to get swept under the rug as usual.
_________________
"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."-The Greatest
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 49181
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject:

I don't believe Kaepernick's speaking out on social issues has anything to do with his declining football skills.

It's a era where Black athletes are speaking out. Michael Jordan, Dwayne Wade LeBron James, to name a few. It's a new thing. They didn't speak out in the past. Black athletes feel a need to have their voices heard. Colin joined in.

Why is this not taken into consideration by some?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 20510
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I don't believe Kaepernick's speaking out on social issues has anything to do with his declining football skills.

It's a era where Black athletes are speaking out. Michael Jordan, Dwayne Wade LeBron James, to name a few. It's a new thing. They didn't speak out in the past. Black athletes feel a need to have their voices heard. He joined in.


The three you listed started speaking out when they were from a high respectable position where others would respect their views. Krapernick is the sullen malcontent who tried to get himself traded and has spent the entire offseason pouting in the exact manner he was showing when the cameras saw him sitting on the bench. When his team is excelling, you don't see him celebrate with his teammates as a good teammate would. You see him give the same pouty plop down on the bench. Just happened that he did the same thing during the anthem. And when called out on it, he or his agent helped give him the perfect excuse.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 49181
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't believe Kaepernick's speaking out on social issues has anything to do with his declining football skills.

It's a era where Black athletes are speaking out. Michael Jordan, Dwayne Wade LeBron James, to name a few. It's a new thing. They didn't speak out in the past. Black athletes feel a need to have their voices heard. He joined in.


The three you listed started speaking out when they were from a high respectable position where others would respect their views. Krapernick is the sullen malcontent who tried to get himself traded and has spent the entire offseason pouting in the exact manner he was showing when the cameras saw him sitting on the bench. When his team is excelling, you don't see him celebrate with his teammates as a good teammate would. You see him give the same pouty plop down on the bench. Just happened that he did the same thing during the anthem. And when called out on it, he or his agent helped give him the perfect excuse.


If you think his speaking out has anything to do with his trying to be traded or anything related to the game it's an opinion I don't agree with. His declining game is enough to accomplish that .

I don't believe in disrespecting the flag.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 20510
Location: UCLA -> NY

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't believe Kaepernick's speaking out on social issues has anything to do with his declining football skills.

It's a era where Black athletes are speaking out. Michael Jordan, Dwayne Wade LeBron James, to name a few. It's a new thing. They didn't speak out in the past. Black athletes feel a need to have their voices heard. He joined in.


The three you listed started speaking out when they were from a high respectable position where others would respect their views. Krapernick is the sullen malcontent who tried to get himself traded and has spent the entire offseason pouting in the exact manner he was showing when the cameras saw him sitting on the bench. When his team is excelling, you don't see him celebrate with his teammates as a good teammate would. You see him give the same pouty plop down on the bench. Just happened that he did the same thing during the anthem. And when called out on it, he or his agent helped give him the perfect excuse.


If you think his speaking out has anything to do with his trying to be traded or anything related to the game it's an opinion I don't agree with. His declining game is enough to accomplish that .

I don't believe in disrespecting the flag.


His speaking out had nothing to do with his malcontent. It's just the cover he's using to avoid further backlash. His character throughout his career has suggested he's not the kind of person to take up anything like this.
_________________
http://media.giphy.com/media/zNyBPu5hEFpu/giphy.gif
http://bartsblackboard.com/files/2009/11/The-Simpsons-05x18-Burns-Heir.jpg

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 44156
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:09 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:
rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't believe Kaepernick's speaking out on social issues has anything to do with his declining football skills.

It's a era where Black athletes are speaking out. Michael Jordan, Dwayne Wade LeBron James, to name a few. It's a new thing. They didn't speak out in the past. Black athletes feel a need to have their voices heard. He joined in.


The three you listed started speaking out when they were from a high respectable position where others would respect their views. Krapernick is the sullen malcontent who tried to get himself traded and has spent the entire offseason pouting in the exact manner he was showing when the cameras saw him sitting on the bench. When his team is excelling, you don't see him celebrate with his teammates as a good teammate would. You see him give the same pouty plop down on the bench. Just happened that he did the same thing during the anthem. And when called out on it, he or his agent helped give him the perfect excuse.


If you think his speaking out has anything to do with his trying to be traded or anything related to the game it's an opinion I don't agree with. His declining game is enough to accomplish that .

I don't believe in disrespecting the flag.


His speaking out had nothing to do with his malcontent. It's just the cover he's using to avoid further backlash. His character throughout his career has suggested he's not the kind of person to take up anything like this.

_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 49181
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:
rwongega wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't believe Kaepernick's speaking out on social issues has anything to do with his declining football skills.

It's a era where Black athletes are speaking out. Michael Jordan, Dwayne Wade LeBron James, to name a few. It's a new thing. They didn't speak out in the past. Black athletes feel a need to have their voices heard. He joined in.


The three you listed started speaking out when they were from a high respectable position where others would respect their views. Krapernick is the sullen malcontent who tried to get himself traded and has spent the entire offseason pouting in the exact manner he was showing when the cameras saw him sitting on the bench. When his team is excelling, you don't see him celebrate with his teammates as a good teammate would. You see him give the same pouty plop down on the bench. Just happened that he did the same thing during the anthem. And when called out on it, he or his agent helped give him the perfect excuse.


If you think his speaking out has anything to do with his trying to be traded or anything related to the game it's an opinion I don't agree with. His declining game is enough to accomplish that .

I don't believe in disrespecting the flag.


His speaking out had nothing to do with his malcontent. It's just the cover he's using to avoid further backlash. His character throughout his career has suggested he's not the kind of person to take up anything like this.

We could take up a lot of page space going back and forth. I have an opinion that's different than yours. I'm not going to try to change your mind and I don't think you're going to change mine. So let's agree to disagree.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 43584

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I don't believe Kaepernick's speaking out on social issues has anything to do with his declining football skills.

It's a era where Black athletes are speaking out. Michael Jordan, Dwayne Wade LeBron James, to name a few. It's a new thing. They didn't speak out in the past. Black athletes feel a need to have their voices heard. Colin joined in.

Why is this not taken into consideration by some?


Dwayne Wade's cousin was killed in Chicago this week. it is crazy times we are living in but I would like to see more speaking out like he did after it happened on the continuous senseless gun violence that is so commonplace in that city and too many others.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 43584

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
To me, whatever the issues he has with the police are irrelevant to respecting the flag. A lot of people including a lot of black people have died defending that flag and the freedoms it represents.

To me, it just screams "look at me" and is a childish and naive act to take...similar to what a teenager might do for instance when upset.

The guy is a clown and a bad NFL QB to boot.


I tend to think this guy is looking for an issue to work with, but to your main point, the fact that a lot of people have died for this country doesn't change the fact that people have suffered at its hands as well, and the flag cannot be just used for one end of the spectrum and denied for the other.


In general, I guess I still believe the USA is for the most part good for the world as far as the values our country represents.

When I am in another country (or even this one) I am someone who respects cultural traditions or beliefs even if they aren't necessarily my own. For instance, having dinner at someone's house and them saying grace which my family does not or taking off my shoes when going to my friends house where that is the tradition.

I could make a statement and leave the room when they say grace or leave my shoes on because that is not my custom....but to me, that would be classless and rude. If Kaepernick is as interested in social change as he says he is, I would be curious how much of the $30 million he has made for being a very mediocre NFL QB that he has donated to such causes.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 49181
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't believe Kaepernick's speaking out on social issues has anything to do with his declining football skills.

It's a era where Black athletes are speaking out. Michael Jordan, Dwayne Wade LeBron James, to name a few. It's a new thing. They didn't speak out in the past. Black athletes feel a need to have their voices heard. Colin joined in.

Why is this not taken into consideration by some?


Dwayne Wade's cousin was killed in Chicago this week. it is crazy times we are living in but I would like to see more speaking out like he did after it happened on the continuous senseless gun violence that is so commonplace in that city and too many others.

Athletes are high profile. Their voices carry more weight than the average Joe. We need more Kareem Abdul Jabbar's, Jim Brown's and the likes to step up.

You make a great point in how much money he's donated to social issues. To date I don't know any who have other than Michael Jordan.

Good read
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 09 Apr 2006
Posts: 13039
Location: Morgantown, WV

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:00 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
Addressing reporters from his locker at the team's training facility Sunday, Kaepernick, who's sat for The Star Spangled Banner during the Niners' past two preseason games, said: "I'll continue to sit. I'm going to continue to stand with the people that are being oppressed. To me, this is something that has to change, and when there's significant change — and I feel like that flag represents what it's supposed to represent, and this country is representing people the way it's supposed to — I'll stand."


Sitting to Continue Until the Government Approved Killing Stops


Yes because sitting is going to have any impact. Is Kaepernick donating any of his salary to help the people he feel is oppressed? Is he out getting involved in any movements to help the people he believes are oppressed? How about he is actually gets out and do something instead of making a douche out of himself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 3 of 25
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB