Bulls want a big for duhon
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Bulls want a big for duhon

the bulls want a big for duhon would you trade mihm for duhon. I think i might duhon is a very good defender and smart ball player. The way i see it if we could get a mihm and someone for duhon and maybe nicoini or deng than it would be a deal i would have to look at. even just straight up i likw duhons game
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject:

wow

no, we need bigs. our problem is or bigs.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject:

trade Divac? Slava?
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject:

I like Duhon.

However his contract is up to 2008. Also, it's not smart to trade big for small on a team that already has very questionable starting bigs
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject:

Good God NO!

You don't trade a starting 7' center who is finally reaching consistency for an undersized 2nd year point guard. And what would our starting line-up be then ... Smush, Duhon, Kobe, Odom and Kwame??????? Mihm doesn't go unless it's for a major impact player or 2/3 promising youngsters.

We've all just got to stop all this constant screaming for a trade every time anyone is rumored to be available.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject:

duhon was available at last season's draft... but we chose vujacic... i was crazy then, and i'm more than crazy now...
and we chose kareem rush and not tayshaun prince... we didn't take raja bell and sharunas jasikievicius two years ago when they were available... and then mckie and not sprewell... and kwame...
i don't know and i don't care if it's mitch's or someone else's fault... i know that these are big mistakes...
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject:

Nah
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject:

Here's the thing, people. We're not exactly in a position to be stuck up and picky. We have a team brimming over with untradeable scrubs. A move HAS to be made, otherwise, this team is going down down down like the Freefall at Six Flags. You're Mitch or Jimmy and the phone rings offering up Chris Duhon for Mihm or Cookie, you don't seriously consider that??
Ndn Guy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject:

yeah, i think we can give them Kwame for Duhon. Mihm is worth more than him.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject:

Ndn Guy wrote:

So you think they would take Kwame?? I don't think so. Plus, they'd have to throw in another player to match salaries.

It's matter of understanding who has the advantage. The Bulls know they have a nice upstart in Duhon, and they're willing to deal him to get bigger. And why not??? They already have Hinrich, Gorden, and Deng.

The Lakers would have no leverage to say they will only give up an overpaid scrub like Kwame and hear anything but a dialtone.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject:

Ndn Guy wrote:

As soon as Ronny is ready to go (I know he has played an NBA game yet,.. but could be be worse then what Brown has brought to the table???), ship Brown out!!

I like Duhon... I think he would be a nice fit.. plus that allows Smush to come off the bench (and we can send Sasha to the Flyers). Also allows the Lakers to stick Odom in the post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject:

No way. I think Duhon would be a solid pickup, but we need to keep any half way respectable big we have. Mihm is having his best season so far and is worth more than Duhon IMHO.

Jake Speed, 1986
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Ndn Guy wrote:

So you think they would take Kwame?? I don't think so. Plus, they'd have to throw in another player to match salaries.

It's matter of understanding who has the advantage. The Bulls know they have a nice upstart in Duhon, and they're willing to deal him to get bigger. And why not??? They already have Hinrich, Gorden, and Deng.

The Lakers would have no leverage to say they will only give up an overpaid scrub like Kwame and hear anything but a dialtone.

If the Lakers took on another contract - the Bulls might do it.

Maybe Tim Thomas (useless to Chicago) and Duhon for Kwame and Vujacic?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject:

TEEGUNN wrote:
No way. I think Duhon would be a solid pickup, but we need to keep any half way respectable big we have. Mihm is having his best season so far and is worth more than Duhon IMHO.

I wouldn't deal Mihm either.

Bynum is the 2nd most untouchable player on the team.

But I would consider a deal that sent out Kwame. Stopping the ball at 1 is more valuable that what Kwame brings to this team.
Ndn Guy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Ndn Guy wrote:

The advantage of Kwame is that his contract is over next year and they can save money for the cap. They know no one is going to give them a productive big if there still in the hunt, and there's no big out there that's on a team not still in the hunt right now.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Here's the thing, people. We're not exactly in a position to be stuck up and picky. We have a team brimming over with untradeable scrubs. A move HAS to be made, otherwise, this team is going down down down like the Freefall at Six Flags. You're Mitch or Jimmy and the phone rings offering up Chris Duhon for Mihm or Cookie, you don't seriously consider that??

Sure, but you don't make a trade for the sake of making a trade to satisfy some Laker fans.

Mihm has been on the rise the last couple of months. He's become a very integral part of our big man rotation. You don't trade that away. Essentially, we're going to solve some problems on the team by opening up other problems by trading Mihm.

As for Cook, he's our best shooting big. I think Phil values that quite a bit especially with Kwame not having a midrange game. Cookie really helps Kobe out a lot in that regard as was shown in last night's game. I'd only consider trading Cook as long as Turiaf can fill up the backup PF duties. Otherwise, it's a tough choice giving up Cook.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Ndn Guy wrote:

I would do that deal in a minute. But here's a question...Timmy's contract (about 14 mil) expires this year. Does that help us at all?? Plus we'd have to give them something else to meet the +-25%.
Ndn Guy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject:

maybe Slava's or George's contract could fill the 25%
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject:

I would not trade Mihm for Duhon. I like Duhon, but not for Mihm. He is one of our few big guys who can actually score in the low post.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Ndn Guy wrote:

I would do that deal in a minute. But here's a question...Timmy's contract (about 14 mil) expires this year. Does that help us at all?? Plus we'd have to give them something else to meet the +-25%.

That's true.

Thomas + Duhon = 16.7 million approximately

Kwame + Vujacic = 8.5 million approximately.

I guess we would have to throw in George to make salaries work.

To tell you the truth, I would do that deal even for Kwame, George and Vujacic.

You deal 3 bench players (well I think Kwame should be bench player) for a starting guard and a bench player.

Worth it IMO
Ndn Guy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject:

yep it works here's the breakdown

Chicago Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Tim Thomas
6-10 SF from Villanova
4.3 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 10.3 minutes

Chris Duhon
6-1 PG from Duke
9.3 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 5.5 apg in 31.7 minutes

Incoming

Kwame Brown
6-11 C from Glynn Academy (HS)
6.0 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 0.9 apg in 25.8 minutes

Devean George
6-8 SF from Augsburg-MN
6.6 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 22.3 minutes

Sasha Vujacic
6-7 SG from Slovenia (Foreign)
4.1 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.7 apg in 19.2 minutes
Change in team outlook: +3.1 ppg, +7.4 rpg, and -2.6 apg.

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Kwame Brown
6-11 C from Glynn Academy (HS)
6.0 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 0.9 apg in 25.8 minutes

Devean George
6-8 SF from Augsburg-MN
6.6 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 1.0 apg in 22.3 minutes

Sasha Vujacic
6-7 SG from Slovenia (Foreign)
4.1 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.7 apg in 19.2 minutes

Incoming

Tim Thomas
6-10 SF from Villanova
4.3 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 0.7 apg in 10.3 minutes

Chris Duhon
6-1 PG from Duke
9.3 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 5.5 apg in 31.7 minutes
Change in team outlook: -3.1 ppg, -7.4 rpg, and +2.6 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Chicago and L.A. Lakers being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Chicago and L.A. Lakers had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject:

Not only Mihm is overkill for Chris Duhon, it would rob us of our only complete big. Until Kwame learns to play team defense, the basket will be exposed whenever someone gets by a perimeter defender. That seems to be happening a lot...

Kwame for Duhon? No way would Chitown take that trade.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject:

I have to admit I didn't see a lot of Kwame in action before we traded for him, but was he actually this bad in Washington? Was he fumbling away passes and bricking layups? At this point, I don't think any GM in their right mind would trade for Kwame.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kwame for Duhon? No way would Chitown take that trade

Really?

Well they need someone at C next to Tyson.

Tyson-Kwame combo could match the Tyson-Curry combo they had last season in terms of size and athleticism.

While Brown brings very little offensively - Skiles is a big defense guy. He would know how to use Kwame's size at C.

And why Kwame looks a lot weaker defensively to us, is that he doesn't have a great shotblocker next to him. If the Lakers actually got smarter on the X's and O's - they would never play Kwame and Cook together. Kwame + Mihm, Kwame + Bynum and even Kwame + Odom is acceptable.

Tyson is a very good shotblocker. I think they would be a hell of a force defensively. Most important - they each bring what the other lacks. Kwame - shotblocking, consistent rebounding, Tyson - Size at C
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject:

hey i agree that mihm is our only big. But if we could get something in return for him i would do it. maybe add deng or something in the deal. Yes duhon's contract runs to 2008 but we are not going anywhere this year. We will still need a point guard in 2008 and a capable point for 3mil is about as cheap as you are going to get. I just think if we are basically giving up till 2007 or 2008 we might as well get a syoung as we can. Mihm will probably not be in the plans in 2008 while duhon could be in the long run. Assuming bynum pans out mihm will cost too much when his contract is up. So if we could get duhon and maybe another player or a pick i would do it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: