OFFICIAL IVICA ZUBAC THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 286, 287, 288, 289, 290  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

MJST DLO isn’t 21 like Ball or Ingram. He turns 23 in a few days. Ingram will probably be just as good as DLO soon. Ball should be better than all of them. But I do wish DLO was still here, so that’s not the issue. I’m just saying he has a couple years head start on our dudes.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

I feel like the Laker FO put Zu in a good situation. Now he knows he'll get to play and show his stuff for a new contract and he doesn't even have to change residences. Same thing with not holding Julius hostage as an RFA. I know they're not running a charity, but still I think there's something to be said for respecting players' careers and building goodwill.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

I don't miss DLO at all, dude was a punk. I'm glad he's doing well, but I'm also glad he isn't a Laker anymore.

Zubac will be a free agent this summer and i don't think we were going to re-sign him anyway. Hopefully Muscala can provide shooting because we need it.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

I hate the fact that he's gone and miss him already (never thought I would've said that three months ago), but this thread should be moved to the General NBA section like all of the previous, official player threads of former Lakers.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
MJST DLO isn’t 21 like Ball or Ingram. He turns 23 in a few days. Ingram will probably be just as good as DLO soon. Ball should be better than all of them. But I do wish DLO was still here, so that’s not the issue. I’m just saying he has a couple years head start on our dudes.

based on what? DLo is 22 years old, and Ball's offensive repertoire is not even in the same stratosphere as Russell's. Russell is about 1.5 years older than Ball, and I currently do not see a world where Ball is as good as Russell is currently by the end of next season. I do not think it is a stretch to say Russell may be more of an offensive weapon today that Ball will be in his career.
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

DLO has some nice skills on the court but recording your teammate behind his back got him traded. Who knows if we get LeBron if he's still here. Noone wants to be a teammate of a player you can't trust
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

based on what? DLo is 22 years old, and Ball's offensive repertoire is not even in the same stratosphere as Russell's. Russell is about 1.5 years older than Ball, and I currently do not see a world where Ball is as good as Russell is currently by the end of next season. I do not think it is a stretch to say Russell may be more of an offensive weapon today that Ball will be in his career.

Russels in his 4th year. Lonzo was a better defender as a rookie than DLO is now. Lonzos a better overall player in his second year than DLO was in his final year as a Laker.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Russels in his 4th year. Lonzo was a better defender as a rookie than DLO is now. Lonzos a better overall player in his second year than DLO was in his final year as a Laker.

it would be a subjective valuation of defense, but he clearly is not the offensive player DLo was his last year with the Lakers.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

it would be a subjective valuation of defense, but he clearly is not the offensive player DLo was his last year with the Lakers.

It is quite objective to say Lonzo was a better defender last year than Russel is this year.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
I feel like the Laker FO put Zu in a good situation. Now he knows he'll get to play and show his stuff for a new contract and he doesn't even have to change residences. Same thing with not holding Julius hostage as an RFA. I know they're not running a charity, but still I think there's something to be said for respecting players' careers and building goodwill.

Great post!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

DLO has some nice skills on the court but recording your teammate behind his back got him traded. Who knows if we get LeBron if he's still here. Noone wants to be a teammate of a player you can't trust

He didn’t record Young behind his back, Nick was cool with him doing it. Facts sometimes matter.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

It is quite objective to say Lonzo was a better defender last year than Russel is this year.

https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/1094369916654899207?s=21

Indeed. That ship has sailed a long time ago and you still have a few cats willing to die on that hill. Perplexing to say the least.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

When I say Ball has potential to be better than all our young drafted players I meant overall. He will never be the scorer DLO is or BI will become, but hopefully one day his game will be similar to Lebron and Magic. Making the right basketball plays, be disruptive on defense, control the tempo of the game. He will never be Lebron or Magic, but he should be comparable to Ben Simmons when it’s all said and done, who is a trasendent talent himself.

Last edited by AFireInside619 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

Zubac in his first game gave the Clippers something they have been lacking, a rim protector. Good move by Frank.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

jonnybravo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/1094369916654899207?s=21

Indeed. That ship has sailed a long time ago and you still have a few cats willing to die on that hill. Perplexing to say the least.

The Zo hate is too real with some
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Zubac in his first game gave the Clippers something they have been lacking, a rim protector. Good move by Frank.

I agree. I’ll miss Zu. Thanks for recognizing Frank when people automatically give credit to West.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject:

Zo is the best defensive and rebounding PG in the game. Its unfair to even compare Zo to Dlo as Zo is LIGHTYEARS better defensively.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

you misunderstood my statement, I am saying the value of being a superior offensive player compared to being a superior defensive player is subjective in ones evaluation of an "overall" player.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Zo is the best defensive and rebounding PG in the game. Its unfair to even compare Zo to Dlo as Zo is LIGHTYEARS better defensively.

this is a false statement....he is not as good of a rebounder as Westbrook or Simmons.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Lebron, that wanted all his teammates traded? Smh
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject:

DLo had BScott so there is that.

It would have been a sweet backcourt. DLO's has adequate defense now and Ball was improving his offense. What a damn shame.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Zubac would have minimized Embiid's effectiveness at the rim today.
ZenMaster2323
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:

I doubt that, honestly. But still nice to have a 3rd body we can throw at him.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Zubac would have been the first body. Chandler would have been the 3rd.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:

Like the other times Embiid player us. 🙄
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 286, 287, 288, 289, 290  Next
Page 287 of 290
Jump to: