OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1877, 1878, 1879 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
am i the only noticed BI's not putting up his usual numbers since Zion started playing?

That's kinda what we've been talking about boss lol..

It was coincidental from what I understand. His knee has apparently really been bothering him. They said it was feeling a lot better today and he was able to prep better before the game. Back to that killa. Get them boards back up though Tiny! The assists just keep rising.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
am i the only noticed BI's not putting up his usual numbers since Zion started playing?

That's kinda what we've been talking about boss lol..

It was coincidental from what I understand. His knee has apparently really been bothering him. They said it was feeling a lot better today and he was able to prep better before the game. Back to that killa. Get them boards back up though Tiny! The assists just keep rising.

Yea I was thinking the boards are going to dip with Zion and Favors in the line-up. Nice to see the efficiency back though.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:42 am    Post subject:

Looked just fine playing alongside Zion last night.
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Tonight the ASG reserves will be announced.

Believe!
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject:

He's an All-Star, per Chris Haynes. Nice to see him rewarded for his hard work, the substantial improvement he's made, and a hell of a season so far. #slenderman #tinydog #comebacktothelakers
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject:

First of many
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Byron and Luke what terrible player development this mom and pops shop was running here
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Congrats All Star!

That gave me a little something to smile about
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject:

tj24 wrote:
First of many
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Our Tayshaun Prince, our Dante Exum, the guy "the Pacers don't even trade for Myles Turner" is an all-star in his first season away from LA at the age of 22. Took him long enough SMH.

I'm proud of him because he's more than earned it, but I'm also a little disappointed that Booker isn't in there. The selection process needs to change.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject:

BI and Zion gonna be a problem for decades. Congrats! Obviously NO maxes Brandon this summer. He'll probably take it. New Orleans is more his kinda town than LA.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Byron and Luke what terrible player development this mom and pops shop was running here

I hate Luke so much. Having said that, BI was improving every year he was here in spite of poor coaching, and this was just the natural progression of a young player's development curve - specifically one who came into the NBA physically underdeveloped and lacking a lot of the skills he has now. Though the shooting certainly has been the one thing that came out of nowhere this season. It's almost unprecedented.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Booker deserved it over Westbrook, not BI. That was purely a reputation selection.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
StatMamba
@statmuse
Brandon Ingram is the only player averaging 25+ PPG on 40+ 3P% this season (min 1200 mins).
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Quote:
StatMamba
@statmuse
Brandon Ingram is the only player averaging 25+ PPG on 40+ 3P% this season (min 1200 mins).

In before somebody says but but but it’s on low volume
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject:

BI an all star while PG13 isn’t? I’ll take it!!!
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject:

The Kingston Killa’!!! Never doubted the kid once. Proud as hell. This is the kinda positivity I needed after such a troubling weekend and week since.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:36 am    Post subject:

So proud of him. He’s my new Kobe

Haters hate but love always reign supreme!
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:11 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:

For me, one of the reasons why I became a fan of Ingram early was actually how similar his style of play was to Bryant.

Obviously the talent and athleticism (and body type) were all different, but who else is the league today has that style of play? Brandon prefers midrange ISO opportunities and likes to take smaller defenders in the post, where he has his fade-away. He’s not a point, but has enough handles and versatility to handle the rock and play the one. He certainly would be the Initiator for teams with a point guard deficiency problem when called upon to do so. He is a (more than capable under the right circumstances) defender as well.

A true throwback. Looking at his style of play in itself, it’s really the closest to Bryant out of any star in the league today. People liked Bryant for many reasons beyond just style of play, but if you really enjoyed and just tried to play like Bryant, then I don’t see any reason why you wouldn’t like Brandon Ingram. As someone who practically grew up on KOBE and emulated everything about him, I appreciate Brandon’s style of play. It’s funny how some of the criticism on Ingram was also used on the great Bryant (“bad fit”, “not efficient”, “ball stopper”, he’s not great because analytics say blah blah blah).

although the unwarranted hate for Ingram here is mostly due to different agendas (I.e. people who liked certain players on the Lakers back then, which triggered an immense amount of unreasonable insecurity issues)

Congrats to Brandon Ingram. The last All Star game that I actually watched was in 2016. Never felt compelled to watch another one since, but will be watching this one👍
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:11 am    Post subject:

Mege wrote:
BI's going to be an All Star next year.

It has happened. (captioned quote date: 7/15/2019).
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

j-dawg wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

For me, one of the reasons why I became a fan of Ingram early was actually how similar his style of play was to Bryant.

Obviously the talent and athleticism (and body type) were all different, but who else is the league today has that style of play? Brandon prefers midrange ISO opportunities and likes to take smaller defenders in the post, where he has his fade-away. He’s not a point, but has enough handles and versatility to handle the rock and play the one. He certainly would be the Initiator for teams with a point guard deficiency problem when called upon to do so. He is a (more than capable under the right circumstances) defender as well.

A true throwback. Looking at his style of play in itself, it’s really the closest to Bryant out of any star in the league today. People liked Bryant for many reasons beyond just style of play, but if you really enjoyed and just tried to play like Bryant, then I don’t see any reason why you wouldn’t like Brandon Ingram. As someone who practically grew up on KOBE and emulated everything about him, I appreciate Brandon’s style of play. It’s funny how some of the criticism on Ingram was also used on the great Bryant (“bad fit”, “not efficient”, “ball stopper”, he’s not great because analytics say blah blah blah).

although the unwarranted hate for Ingram here is mostly due to different agendas (I.e. people who liked certain players on the Lakers back then, which triggered an immense amount of unreasonable insecurity issues)

Congrats to Brandon Ingram. The last All Star game that I actually watched was in 2016. Never felt compelled to watch another one since, but will be watching this one👍

Great post. Love BI because his game is eerily reminiscent of Kobe's. If the Pels make the playoffs, I think people will realize the mid-range isn't dead and has immense value in a 7 game series. Analytics will never account for fatigue when the game is on the line.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:00 am    Post subject:

Proud of the kid. Not even a little bit surprised.
Only Laker jersey I bought since Kobe.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
j-dawg wrote:
BigBoi wrote:

Great post. Love BI because his game is eerily reminiscent of Kobe's. If the Pels make the playoffs, I think people will realize the mid-range isn't dead and has immense value in a 7 game series. Analytics will never account for fatigue when the game is on the line.

Analytics love him now because of his improved 3 point shot, shooting 40% from 3 on 6 attempts per game, he has also improved his freethrow shooting 85% from the line on 6 attempts per game as well. Those are ridiculous numbers for someone haters said will never be a good shooter or avg 20 ppg, he is a poor man’s Lamar Odom now he is an All star! Lamar never made the all star team.

As far as the fit issues go, listen if BI could play some of his best basketball next to Julius Randle, I don’t see any reason why he couldn’t fit next to Zion and continue his stellar play. Zion is similar to Randle in a lot of ways, only difference is Zion is much better than Randle. BI would fit just fine, seems like they’re starting to figure it out.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject:

People who think BI can't do well playing against Zion are really underestimating how good and multifaceted Zion is. And also underestimating the value of a little patience. By little I mean at least a full two years of Zion's growth.

They should just keep on.
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Not bad for a guy who was once the worse starter in the league
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1877, 1878, 1879 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1878 of 1885
Jump to: