OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1849, 1850, 1851 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
For anyone wishing we included kuz instead of BI, I don't think we had the option.

Brandon's gonna get paid next year, so he would have been akin to a 1 year rental anyway. He needs to keep working on his 3 ball. I think zion and he are gonna be a good young tandem.

Man, seems like lonzo isn't a bust but he's not going to live up to expectations. Maybe we can bring him back as a role player? I don't think he'll ever be "the guy".

Agree, there is no way that this cheap ass version of the Lakers would pay to keep a young talent.

Incorrect. They were trying to have a max slot for Kawhi and AD.

F*** Kawhi, hold onto your own stud (a very young one at that) and go over the cap to max him out. If it doesn’t pan out you can always trade the max contract. Enough of these excuses, our front office just didn’t think highly of BI which says a lot about our scouting department than anything else. Cos ordinary fans could see BI being this good, we were yelling at the top of our lungs that BI should be the one that we should keep but y’all didn’t listen if anything we got ridiculed for having a non popular opinion

And so your plan is no AD (bc Pels wanted him) AND no Kawhi. Ok.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
For anyone wishing we included kuz instead of BI, I don't think we had the option.

Brandon's gonna get paid next year, so he would have been akin to a 1 year rental anyway. He needs to keep working on his 3 ball. I think zion and he are gonna be a good young tandem.

Man, seems like lonzo isn't a bust but he's not going to live up to expectations. Maybe we can bring him back as a role player? I don't think he'll ever be "the guy".

Agree, there is no way that this cheap ass version of the Lakers would pay to keep a young talent.

F*** Kawhi, hold onto your own stud (a very young one at that) and go over the cap to max him out. If it doesn’t pan out you can always trade the max contract. Enough of these excuses, our front office just didn’t think highly of BI which says a lot about our scouting department than anything else. Cos ordinary fans could see BI being this good, we were yelling at the top of our lungs that BI should be the one that we should keep but y’all didn’t listen if anything we got ridiculed for having a non popular opinion

No my plan is Kuzma shouldn’t be a deal breaker. The Pels asked for Kuzma and not BI, that was the report. BI had an health scare our front office would’ve capitalised on that if they thought highly of BI and wanted to keep him. We would still have AD and would’ve kept BI. How would the math work? Well how were we able to clear cap space enough to go after Kawhi?

That’s Rob’s job, if our front office really wanted to trade for AD and still keep BI, they would have. They kept who they thought highly of and wanted to keep, end of story.

Last edited by BigBoi on Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
This is why I said that I’m not sure BI and Pels are a long term fit. Not extending him is obviously a bad start for them and starting off 1-7 is yikes.

You keep trying to correlate a team record with one single individual.. It's an absurd thing to do. Would you have done it with AD when he was on the Pels? Would you have done it with Bron when he was losing last season? Would you have said Bron just doesn't fit here? Of course you wouldn't.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

FWIW,.. I’m not sure BI is able to reach the levels he’s at right now playing beside of Bron. Bron loves to TALK about changing how he plays to last longer,.. but the fact is he never does. He’s a GOAT level player and for better or worse,.. he is an offense unto himself and simply would not be able to play off the ball enough to get BI AND AD what they need in regards to touches.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
FWIW,.. I’m not sure BI is able to reach the levels he’s at right now playing beside of Bron. Bron loves to TALK about changing how he plays to last longer,.. but the fact is he never does. He’s a GOAT level player and for better or worse,.. he is an offense unto himself and simply would not be able to play off the ball enough to get BI AND AD what they need in regards to touches.

But BI has gotten so much better off ball this season, he is 8th in the entire league in catch and shoot points at a ridiculous 70% eFG he would even be better with AD and Bron, imagine BI getting wide open looks and 1 on 1 coverage lol bbq chicken 🍗
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

No my plan is Kuzma shouldn’t be a deal breaker. The Pels asked for Kuzma and not BI, that was the report. BI had an health scare our front office would’ve capitalised on that if they thought highly of BI and wanted to keep him. We would still have AD and would’ve kept BI. How would the math work? Well how were we able to clear cap space enough to go after Kawhi?

That’s Rob’s job, if our front office really wanted to trade for AD and still keep BI, they would have. They kept who they thought highly of and wanted to keep, end of story.

No the math didn’t work. And Kuz’ wasn’t a deal breaker. Pels didn’t want him. And rightfully so. It’s not rational. They went after AD and Kawhi and most teams would have also. Just run the math. It’s literally impossible to have AD BI and a max slot. You can thank Mr Deng for that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
This is why I said that I’m not sure BI and Pels are a long term fit. Not extending him is obviously a bad start for them and starting off 1-7 is yikes.

You keep trying to correlate a team record with one single individual.. It's an absurd thing to do. Would you have done it with AD when he was on the Pels? Would you have done it with Bron when he was losing last season? Would you have said Bron just doesn't fit here? Of course you wouldn't.

Not sure what you’re saying here. I’m saying they didn’t extend him and the team sucks. Is that something that makes BI want to stay on that team long term?
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

No the math didn’t work. And Kuz’ wasn’t a deal breaker. Pels didn’t want him. And rightfully so. It’s not rational. They went after AD and Kawhi and most teams would have also. Just run the math. It’s literally impossible to have AD BI and a max slot. You can thank Mr Deng for that.

Read my post again.

If we have AD, Lebron and BI there would be no point of having another max slot. BI would be our 3rd superstar. And you could go over the cap to sign him because we would have his bird rights.

The lakers kept who they wanted to keep and that’s Kuzma.

Last edited by BigBoi on Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Read my post again.

If we have AD, Lebron and BI there would be no point of having another max slot. BI would be our 3rd superstars. And you could go over the cap to sign him because we would have his bird rights.

How do you get AD when BI was Griffin’s likely 1st or 2nd choice? Kuz is just someone you’re directing your frustration at. He was nowhere near the Pels top choice. You wouldn’t trade AD for him and neither would the Pels.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Read my post again.

If we have AD, Lebron and BI there would be no point of having another max slot. BI would be our 3rd superstars. And you could go over the cap to sign him because we would have his bird rights.

How do you get AD when BI was Griffin’s likely 1st or 2nd choice? Kuz is just someone you’re directing your frustration at. He was nowhere near the Pels top choice. You wouldn’t trade AD for him and neither would the Pels.

I’m not directing any frustrations at Kuz, my opinion of him have never wavered. He is not a good basketball player, I don’t hate him anymore than I did before. He’s always been a selfish low IQ chucker, terrible 3 point shooter tho he had a reputation of being a shooter, and doesn’t fit with Lebron because he doesn’t play defense. Thank god he doesn’t start next to Lebron at the forward spot anymore, our defense has gotten exponentially better as a result
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Not sure what you’re saying here. I’m saying they didn’t extend him and the team sucks. Is that something that makes BI want to stay on that team long term?

You said this in the Kuzma thread..

"Yeah. That was the environment. Heck look at the YUTES on the Pels. 1-7. They had some bad habits instilled in them that will take some time. Luckily for Kuz he’s in the 7-1 team and has vets who can hopefully teach him right."

So it seemed to me that you're placing a heavy emphasis on the record of our ex yutes when it's not really their fault. My apologies if that isn't your intent.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

"Yeah. That was the environment. Heck look at the YUTES on the Pels. 1-7. They had some bad habits instilled in them that will take some time. Luckily for Kuz he’s in the 7-1 team and has vets who can hopefully teach him right."

So it seemed to me that you're placing a heavy emphasis on the record of our ex yutes when it's not really their fault. My apologies if that isn't your intent.

Of course they bear some responsibility as they were the principal trade pieces just like AD is responsible for the Lakers start. It’s certainly poor coaching on the Pels but I’m genuinely shocked they are 1-7.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Yea I don't agree.. The bigs haven't showed up, and their best big is injured. I don't believe their record last season should reflect negatively on AD. I'm consistent in that. How much better can Ingram play? He's clearly not the problem. So yea, the 1-7 has very little to do with them.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Yea I don't agree.. The bigs haven't showed up, and their best big is injured. I don't believe their record last season should reflect negatively on AD. I'm consistent in that. How much better can Ingram play? He's clearly not the problem. So yea, the 1-7 has very little to do with them.

I’m talking about the whole trade group. Lonzo. Hart. Of course BI is one of the Brighter spots.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:50 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I’m talking about the whole trade group. Lonzo. Hart. Of course BI is one of the Brighter spots.

Well yea, hurts to say but I'm a little disappointed in Ball's game overall. Hart has actually been pretty solid.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Of course they bear some responsibility as they were the principal trade pieces just like AD is responsible for the Lakers start. It’s certainly poor coaching on the Pels but I’m genuinely shocked they are 1-7.

While Kuzma has no responsibility for the Laker’s record, he has had no impact. And can we stop with the talk that Kawhi was some sort of plan for the FO? He wasn’t, he had no interest in coming here and played the FO. That often happens in business, the inexperienced get fleeced.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

While Kuzma has no responsibility for the Laker’s record, he has had no impact. And can we stop with the talk that Kawhi was some sort of plan for the FO? He wasn’t, he had no interest in coming here and played the FO. That often happens in business, the inexperienced get fleeced.

Lol. He was the plan. Do you understand what a plan/goal is? (Even if it didn’t come to fruition?).
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lol. He was the plan. Do you understand what a plan/goal is? (Even if it didn’t come to fruition?).

Lol.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Brandon finally getting the props he deserves from national media, he’s in pretty good company here

https://twitter.com/playboy_laker/status/1194013830520508416?s=21
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You're great at analyzing predictions after they occurred.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

But BI has gotten so much better off ball this season, he is 8th in the entire league in catch and shoot points at a ridiculous 70% eFG he would even be better with AD and Bron, imagine BI getting wide open looks and 1 on 1 coverage lol bbq chicken 🍗

He’s playing well but he’s hot and the shooting efficiency is not sustainable for him or anyone really.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Is he injured? Out tonight.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Is he injured? Out tonight.

It isn’t clear. He was supposed to play. Participated in practice and pregame. Then his knee started hurting. Late scratch. MRI coming.

Last edited by ringfinger on Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

double post
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

He’s playing well but he’s hot and the shooting efficiency is not sustainable for him or anyone really.

Not sustainable but he shot at a high FG% last season?? Especially towards the end of last season..

Your analysis of Ingram is off..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1849, 1850, 1851 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1850 of 1885
Jump to: