OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1508, 1509, 1510 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Whether you're a fan of Ingram's game or not, you always hope he plays well, just like every other Laker.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Whether you're a fan of Ingram's game or not, you always hope he plays well, just like every other Laker.

One would hope!
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Lonzo thread- ignore the offensive struggles in the halfcourt, it's all about his defensive impact
Ingram thread - ignore his defense, he doesn't fit on offense
Kuzma thread - he's limited defensively and on the glass, but who cares he drops buckets

Isn't it sad that with 2 #2 picks we couldn't get a 2 way balanced player?

Kinda the main reason why I'm agitated with our picks. We couldnt get ONE player that knows what he's going on both ends? And for the record, we whiffed on DLO too

Bla bla bla advanced talks, advanced statistics.... just play the damn game and play it well

Well, I like DLO, but at the least we got something tangible for him (cap space, 1 year of Brook, and pick that became Kuz).

I'm hoping our remaining #2 guys can grow up quickly. But to be honest, they've been a bit underwhelming so far.

I disagree that BI had been underwhelming, he is exactly where he should be at this stage in his development. His only hinderance right now are injuries. When you compare him to guys his age or guys that have been truly underwhelming when they were his age, you’d appreciate more what BI is and what he is developing into. He’s no Mudiay, Okafor, Josh Jackson or Oubre, Dragen Bender or Jaylen Brown, Thon Maker??? etc BI is putting together a nice 3rd season after making a jump in his sophomore season and he’s only going to get better. Underwhelming isnt the right adjective to use to describe him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Lonzo thread- ignore the offensive struggles in the halfcourt, it's all about his defensive impact
Kuzma thread - he's limited defensively and on the glass, but who cares he drops buckets

Kinda the main reason why I'm agitated with our picks. We couldnt get ONE player that knows what he's going on both ends? And for the record, we whiffed on DLO too

Bla bla bla advanced talks, advanced statistics.... just play the damn game and play it well

Well, I like DLO, but at the least we got something tangible for him (cap space, 1 year of Brook, and pick that became Kuz).

I'm hoping our remaining #2 guys can grow up quickly. But to be honest, they've been a bit underwhelming so far.

I disagree that BI had been underwhelming, he is exactly where he should be at this stage in his development. His only hinderance right now are injuries. When you compare him to guys his age or guys that have been truly underwhelming when they were his age, you’d appreciate more what BI is and what he is developing into. He’s no Mudiay, Okafor, Josh Jackson or Oubre, Dragen Bender or Jaylen Brown, Thon Maker??? etc BI is putting together a nice 3rd season after making a jump in his sophomore season and he’s only going to get better. Underwhelming isnt the right adjective to use to describe him.

He's way safe from being a bust and if anyone calls him that it's straight trolling.

But he's not overwhelming either.

So what exactly is the right adjective?

"Whelming?"
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

VicxLakers, where was this "patience" with some of our other young players in the past?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
VicxLakers, where was this "patience" with some of our other young players in the past?

go on...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

go on...

Well considering you never post more than an emoji or a few words...hard to say anything.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

go on...

Well considering you never post more than an emoji or a few words...hard to say anything.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

go on...

It's usually a
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

I hope he comes back and plays well. He's already missed a third of the season.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Unless youre a certain couple of posters here...

Then Ingram should suck a** every night! but somehow be enough to trade for kawhi/AD
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

go on...

It's usually a

not very talkative this am
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

He's way safe from being a bust and if anyone calls him that it's straight trolling.

Ingram has been one of the worst players in the league the past few years looking at RPM and BPM. Currently, he's tied with Dwayne Wade at -2.56 in RPM. How is it trolling to call him a bust? It's his 3rd year in the league.

Last edited by Threatt_Level on Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ingram has been one of the worst players in the league the past few years looking at RPM and BPM. Currently, he's tied with Dwayne Wade at -2.56 in RPM. How is it trolling to call him a bust?

At least you’re an unbiased troll
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ingram has been one of the worst players in the league the past few years looking at RPM and BPM. Currently, he's tied with Dwayne Wade at -2.56 in RPM. How is it trolling to call him a bust? It's his 3rd year in the league.

What's the point of watching the game if you're gonna rely on a calculator?
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
kikanga wrote:
epak wrote:
Look at these guys.
No one said the team is better without BI.
He plays over 30 mins. You can't just replace that.

What we're saying is we'd like to see how he does off the bench.
Not sure why that's so hard to understand.

The top lineup in your signature was our starting lineup tonight. It did not look very good.
But you're right. Very few people said we're better off without Ingram altogether.

Got em.

LOL. And it still has the better net rating than with BI replacing Hart.
Sure "got me!"

Yeah I know, that’s why I said “Got Em.”
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

They’ve been more then a bit underwhelming to me. Imagine if we had the version of Lonzo and Ingram that was sold to us during the draft? We’d have Lebron, two great 2nd and 3rd best player types who would turn into #3 and #4 after signing a second max.

But oh well
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You don't have to rely on a calculator to see Ingram hasn't exactly set the NBA on fire, his advanced stats are horrendous and the eye test backs that up.

He's still young though so I'm not going write him off, people just expected more than they're getting right now from him.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

They’ve been more then a bit underwhelming to me. Imagine if we had the version of Lonzo and Ingram that was sold to us during the draft? We’d have Lebron, two great 2nd and 3rd best player types who would turn into #3 and #4 after signing a second max.

But oh well

Yeup.. All 3 #2 picks underwhelmed in the most important aspect of the game, shooting. Shooting coach is a seminal part of an organization.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You don't have to rely on a calculator to see Ingram hasn't exactly set the NBA on fire, his advanced stats are horrendous and the eye test backs that up.

He's still young though so I'm not going write him off, people just expected more than they're getting right now from him.

How is there a advanced stat for someone who hasn’t played this year due to suspension and injury? He has barely had any time to adjust to his new teammates, I have no idea how you guys get the notion that there a a advanced stat and eye test when BI has been dealing with stuff... I think you guys just don’t like him as a basketball player but at least that’s more acceptable then making up calculations for someone who hasn’t played enough to prove his worth.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully he comes back and does well. The Lakers need to make the playoffs and it will add to his trade value if they decide to trade him.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So...

Ingram is a bust
Wade is a HOF bust

Everybody is a bust
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PengShow wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

How is there a advanced stat for someone who hasn’t played this year due to suspension and injury? He has barely had any time to adjust to his new teammates, I have no idea how you guys get the notion that there a a advanced stat and eye test when BI has been dealing with stuff... I think you guys just don’t like him as a basketball player but at least that’s more acceptable then making up calculations for someone who hasn’t played enough to prove his worth.

Also you can just watch him play and see for yourself that he's not one of the worst players in the NBA according to whatever advanced stat people use. Advanced stats told us Derrick Rose was one of the worst players in the NBA the past few years when in reality all he needed was an opportunity and a system that empowers him.

According to PER, Boban is the best player in the league.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject:

3 #2 picks, 3 fails

Smh
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1508, 1509, 1510 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1509 of 1885
Jump to: