OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1857, 1858, 1859 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Not going to lie. Was secretly hoping BI’s blood clot issue scared the Pels into not wanting him. Imagine him on this team.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Not going to lie. Was secretly hoping BI’s blood clot issue scared the Pels into not wanting him. Imagine him on this team.

I knew he was the moving piece. I was hoping they were scared of Lavar Ball while we get to keep Lonzo.
perry731
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:11 am    Post subject:

Howcome BI an Randle's STATs can't translate into WINs for a team? If just looking at the Stat lines, they seem to be a good player but Plus/Minus is terrible.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah I honestly was hoping the same and that the whole Kuz love would be enough. Too bad.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
He has to. I saw him moving the ball, he would have had at least 6 assists tonight with better finishers.

On a night when Jrue isn't showing up, he has no choice but to be really aggressive. Holiday put up 18 shots.. Ingram shot 17..

Pels won't win anything if those guys don't put up that kind of volume..

Understood. I actually missed the game but I can definitely see that. BI racks up so many hockey assists and directs teammates where to get the ball and sCrifices assists all the time. So I could definitely see that being the case.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

perry731 wrote:
Howcome BI an Randle's STATs can't translate into WINs for a team? If just looking at the Stat lines, they seem to be a good player but Plus/Minus is terrible.

Good teams get wins.. bad ones don't.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

perry731 wrote:

If you are just looking at stat lines then you are know little about a 5-man game.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
He has to. I saw him moving the ball, he would have had at least 6 assists tonight with better finishers.

On a night when Jrue isn't showing up, he has no choice but to be really aggressive. Holiday put up 18 shots.. Ingram shot 17..

Understood. I actually missed the game but I can definitely see that. BI racks up so many hockey assists and directs teammates where to get the ball and sCrifices assists all the time. So I could definitely see that being the case.

Ingram is in the top 25 in secondary assists (0.8), but nobody averages more than 1.2 per game.

BI averages 7.1 potential assists per game. Must admit, I don't know how a player would go about "sacrificing" an assist.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Ingram is in the top 25 in secondary assists (0.8), but nobody averages more than 1.2 per game.

BI averages 7.1 potential assists per game. Must admit, I don't know how a player would go about "sacrificing" an assist.

Just as I said,.. he finds a guy who’s open and yells for them to swing it to find an even better shot. “Sacrifice” probably wasn’t the best choice of words.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Just as I said,.. he finds a guy who’s open and yells for them to swing it to find an even better shot. “Sacrifice” probably wasn’t the best choice of words.

Kobe also had a ton of hockey assists as well.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Indeed. I believe the recent Warriors teams, Clippers (CP3 era), and Spurs (2012-14) were the best at racking up secondary/hockey assists this decade.

Ball finds energy!
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Well that’s who I first thought of but I dare not mention his name beside of BI. The haters would come out In droves.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

perry731 wrote:

I've seen very few games, but a quick glance at the Pelicans forums tells me BI isn't the problem (they are very high on him and want to max him immediately). Even if he was, his efficiency and numbers would contradict it (25-7-4 on 50/40/84 splits).

Seems to me it's a combination of poor defense, questionable coaching/rotations, and injuries (they have a rookie starting at center). Either way, they've played below expectations. The question is if BI can raise his game to a higher level and get them some wins.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

Pelicans are 6-20....

Without BI, I'm pretty sure their record would be the same or even better....

Now, it's not all on BI, however, having a great stat season on a crappy team shouldn't be relevant imo....
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
Pelicans are 6-20....

Now, it's not all on BI, however, having a great stat season on a crappy team shouldn't be relevant imo....

SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

He needs to learn to stop playing like a complete idiot in regards to fouls.. He plays like he's brain dead when it comes to getting in foul trouble..
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject:

A team with Reddick, Ingram, Lonzo, Hart, Holliday, favors should be better than 6-21
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
A team with Reddick, Ingram, Lonzo, Hart, Holliday, favors should be better than 6-21

That team hasn't had Favors, their best interior defender, and their second best player Zion.

Most teams that lose their starting center and power forward aren't going to have a great record.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
Pelicans are 6-20....

So you think they be 0-26?
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
defense wrote:

That team hasn't had Favors, their best interior defender, and their second best player Zion.

Most teams that lose their starting center and power forward aren't going to have a great record.

Favors really?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
defense wrote:

Favors really?

Doesn't seem that you're familiar with their roster. He's their best interior defender. Certainly the only competent one at present. You should know that boss. =)

So yes, not having your starting C, and PF will hurt your record.

What would the Lakers look like with AD, and Howard/McGee out of the lineup? What would most teams look like under those conditions?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
defense wrote:

Plus Holiday hasn’t been healthy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
Pelicans are 6-20....

According by your logic, taking out the team's best player will improve their record, so maybe 26-0?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject:

I like BI. Seems like a good guy and hard worker. Glad he's having individual success and is going to get paid very well very soon. They suck now, but Pels will be pretty good in a few years with a healthy Zion and BI leading the way.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:
Pelicans are 6-20....

According by your logic, taking out the team's best player will improve their record, so maybe 26-0?

Maybe like them nets and kyrie
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1857, 1858, 1859 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1858 of 1885
Jump to: