OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1847, 1848, 1849 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Think about it if your the Pels. Are you asking for BI or Kuz? Griffin waxed poetically about BI when he was on TV covering the NBA.

I don't get the manufactured drama about the Lakers "choosing" Kuz over BI when it's clear that: 1) Pels valued BI more; 2) Lakers wanted to preserve a max cap slot for Kawhi.

Do I wish we had BI on this team? Hell yeah.

Am I glad we have AD/Kuz no this team? Hell yeah.

So, hell yeah.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Think about it if your the Pels. Are you asking for BI or Kuz? Griffin waxed poetically about BI when he was on TV covering the NBA.

I don't get the manufactured drama about the Lakers "choosing" Kuz over BI when it's clear that: 1) Pels valued BI more; 2) Lakers wanted to preserve a max cap slot for Kawhi.

So, hell yeah.

I thought Zo would be the best fit for this team today with Bron and Zo. That said, looking at the window past Bron, I wanted Ingram and AD together and hopefully a 3rd piece long term. Ingram would give that team a guy who can create with the ball in his hands. That's not AD's thing imo. He plays better off of someone. I still don't think the Lakers are using AD right at the moment, but that's a different subject.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject:

I would agree that an AD/Ingram pairing is more dynamic than AD/Ball..

PnR with those two would be a nightmare.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

I disagree.

You want Ball, so that the pairing is still LeBron and AD, just Lonzo facilitating to better, open shots.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
In our haste to get to the end game, guys like D'Lo, Randle, Zubac were quickly tossed away.

Yep. We got great value on our return for Ingram. No problem there. I’ll even buy into dumping Russell for cap space but they did it earlier than they needed to and then failed to get the guy. That is terrible return and an unforced error.

I'm not saying I don't agree that we managed assets horribly and dumping Dlo at that time was asinine at best, but it does help me sleep at night knowing that we ultimately would've had to fork over $27/M a year to him anyway. As good as all the youngins are playing and can still be, we could not have afforded them all anyway (meaning in addition to the Lebron/AD core we have now). Having said that, I'll accept that even if we did re-sign them, the deals would've been highly movable.

But it's not Jules or Dlo or even BI that gets me. The thing that still hurts is losing nearly all the cheaper guys or the ones with multiple years left on their rookie deal. How good would Josh Hart be on this Laker team right now? He's not someone you risk blowing the AD trade over, but was David Griffin really gonna turn down that pick-heavy deal if you insisted on keeping him? I get why a Moe Wagner had to be let go to make the Kawhi push, but look at him now - he looks like a serviceable big off the bench for the Wizards and someone who could play a valuable role for us stretching the floor. Don't even get me started on the senseless moves that sent out Zu and Thomas Bryant. Hell, even LNJ would be nice on a contending team.

You could conceivably have a bench unit of Zu/Wagner/Kuz/Hart/Caruso, and (bleep) that would be fun.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject:

We already saw the fit between Lebron and BI, and it wasn't ideal. You're definitely not getting the current version of BI if he's still on the Lakers, so Zo all the way if we actually had a choice of one to keep, which we didn't
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
poll after poll on LG claimed Ball was the better player, and some even suggested Kuzma was as good as if not better than BI. Ingram was clearly always the superior talent in my opinion, and if anyone was close to Ingram it was Dlo.

I am not so much complaining about anything...what is done is done, and we are in a very strong position to win now. That said, history suggests we will regret trading a player like Ingram, a young versatile wing with size that has proven capable of being a primary scorer. I like our current roster....I think it is far better than we deserve with some of the organizational problems in recent history. Still, I would be far more emotionally invested if it was still Dlo, Randle, Ingram, Ball, etc. etc.

Serious question, do you think that hypothetical all youngster roster ever truly contends for a title?
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

If there was a guarantee that we were not going to get Kawhi we part with Kuz over BI or Ball. No discussion there.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

So, hell yeah.

Agreed. Though it's possible the Pels and Lakers valued Kuzma's contract over BI's. So happy to see BI beginning to thrive, though. He seems more at home in a smaller southern market. Less distraction and hype. I'm watching a lot of Pelicans games.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:05 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I disagree.

You want Ball, so that the pairing is still LeBron and AD, just Lonzo facilitating to better, open shots.

I'd prefer Ingram, Zo is like high octane fuel to a performance engine. Where as Ingram is an integral part of the high performance engine. At present, it's easier to replace what Zo does.

Also I was saying a combination of AD/Ingram is more dynamic than AD/Ball.. That was the comparison.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:09 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
We already saw the fit between Lebron and BI, and it wasn't ideal. You're definitely not getting the current version of BI if he's still on the Lakers, so Zo all the way if we actually had a choice of one to keep, which we didn't

Thing is we actually saw this exact same version of Ingram before he was sidelined last season. Some of you are forgetting that.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I disagree.

I think he means long-term. Bi is your dynamic perimeter creator and has only began to scratch the surface. But I agree if it’s still bron/AD,.. so is a terrific fit.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I disagree.

I'd prefer Ingram, Zo is like high octane fuel to a performance engine. Where as Ingram is an integral part of the high performance engine. At present, it's easier to replace what Zo does.

Also I was saying a combination of AD/Ingram is more dynamic than AD/Ball.. That was the comparison.

I used to think Zo too, but having 3 25ppg level scorers in LBJ/AD/BI would have been awesome. Plus, BI would be that wing defender.

We can all dream a little, no?
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Thing is we actually saw this exact same version of Ingram before he was
sidelined last season. Some of you are forgetting that.

LeBron and BI averaged a combined 56.3 over their last 6 games together, but the Lakers went 2-4 and would've been 1-5 without a late comeback vs Houston. Adding another ball-dominant player would make it harder for all to coexist in the same lineup.

There have been just four NBA teams in the last 30 years who had three guys averaging 20+, and the most recent had perhaps the two best off-ball players in NBA history. We do not have that type of player. Last two times LeBron joined two guys who scored 20+ per game, one of them failed to reach that average each year they were together (Bosh, Love).

1991 Warriors - 44-38, lost in 2nd rd (Chris Mullin 25.7, Mitch Richmond 23.9, Tim Hardaway 22.9)

2008 Warriors - 48-34, no playoffs (Baron Davis 21.8, Monta Ellis 20.2, Stephen Jackson 20.1)

2017 Warriors - 67-15, won title (Curry 25.3, Durant 25.1, Klay 22.3)

2018 Warriors - 58-24, won title (Curry 26.4, Durant 26.4, Klay 20.0)
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Thing is we actually saw this exact same version of Ingram before he was
sidelined last season. Some of you are forgetting that.

LeBron and BI averaged a combined 56.3 over their last 6 games together, but the Lakers went 2-4 and would've been 1-5 without a late comeback vs Houston. Adding another ball-dominant player would make it harder for all to coexist in the same lineup.

There have been just four NBA teams in the last 30 years who had three guys averaging 20+, and the most recent had perhaps the two best off-ball players in NBA history. We do not have that type of player. Last two times LeBron joined two guys who scored 20+ per game, one of them failed to reach that average each year they were together (Bosh, Love).

1991 Warriors - 44-38, lost in 2nd rd (Chris Mullin 25.7, Mitch Richmond 23.9, Tim Hardaway 22.9)

2008 Warriors - 48-34, no playoffs (Baron Davis 21.8, Monta Ellis 20.2, Stephen Jackson 20.1)

2017 Warriors - 67-15, won title (Curry 25.3, Durant 25.1, Klay 22.3)

2018 Warriors - 58-24, won title (Curry 26.4, Durant 26.4, Klay 20.0)

Ingram doesn't have to be ball dominant to be effective, nor does AD.. In addition Bron and Ingram are playmakers.

Edit: Not a single individual on that list is as good as Bron.. and the only one on par with AD is Durant.

Last edited by SocalDevin on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I disagree.

I used to think Zo too, but having 3 25ppg level scorers in LBJ/AD/BI would have been awesome. Plus, BI would be that wing defender.

Yea no harm in dreaming lol.. I'd feel comfortable in saying a 3 peat would be in the realm of possibility with those 3. Especially with the way Bron is playing at present.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I disagree.

I was all in on Zo too but I'm beginning to think his bouts of passivity are just who he is.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

So, hell yeah.

If the Lakers had given up Kuzma instead of Ingram then the FO wouldn’t be able to gaze lovingly at the night sky looking for a third star.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

But that was drunk on the bench Lebron
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject:

BI bombing away like 05-06 Kobe right now
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:

HAha. I only saw the boxscore, but I had exactly the same thought.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

He really has no choice.. the team looks awful. And Zo is just way too passive.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
mookielala wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Man I didn’t think this Pels team would be this bad. They are atrocious.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
mookielala wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Man I didn’t think this Pels team would be this bad. They are atrocious.

Yea they look terrible..
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject:

How long before Gentry gets canned?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1847, 1848, 1849 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1848 of 1885
Jump to: