OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1805, 1806, 1807 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Bi damn near elite percentages from mid range. He was also top 10 as an iso scorer. He became a terrific cutter late in the season.

And for those who say LBj will have the ball most of the time, I’ve got to disagree. Bi had become much heavier ball handling (bron was often grading him to run the offense through)

If Lonzo is still around and they get another max or near max FA his touches will drastically decrease and Brons won’t. I also think Bron packed it in pretty early on so I’m not sure that’s indicative of how things will be next year.

You say that, but why would his touches decrease so much when he’s shooting an elite percentage for mid and top 10 as a isolation scorer. If anything I’d expect lebrons touches to begin lowering. You act as if a BI wasn’t in the same situation this year playing third option behind BI/Kuz and third or fourth ballhandler behind bron, lonzo& rondo.

Aren’t you one of the people who was calling for him to go to the bench for Josh Hart? Forgive me if I don’t take you opinion in the matters of BI too seriously.

Wait, you think that a second star would take away shots from Lebron but not Ingram? That is pretty funny.

No I think BI will be taking his regular 13 shots. A game(third option type numbers). I think lebron will see his shot attempts drop as he is no longer playing at a level that warrants 20 shots a game. You will likely see lebron drop to 15/16 a game while another star gets his attempts.

You guys are acting as if Ingram was getting clear cut second option shot attempts last year or something. Not the case. Kuz was getting more shot attempts. The fact that you guys don’t get this is really baffling.

Hopefully he will stagger minutes with Lebron and be the first option with the second unit.

Well that WOULD be ideal.

I’m still on board the trade Bron train tbh. He still gets numbers, but his impact is nowhere near elite atm.

Bron for Isaac/bamba
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
Bi damn near elite percentages from mid range. He was also top 10 as an iso scorer. He became a terrific cutter late in the season.

And for those who say LBj will have the ball most of the time, I’ve got to disagree. Bi had become much heavier ball handling (bron was often grading him to run the offense through)

If Lonzo is still around and they get another max or near max FA his touches will drastically decrease and Brons won’t. I also think Bron packed it in pretty early on so I’m not sure that’s indicative of how things will be next year.

You say that, but why would his touches decrease so much when he’s shooting an elite percentage for mid and top 10 as a isolation scorer. If anything I’d expect lebrons touches to begin lowering. You act as if a BI wasn’t in the same situation this year playing third option behind BI/Kuz and third or fourth ballhandler behind bron, lonzo& rondo.

Aren’t you one of the people who was calling for him to go to the bench for Josh Hart? Forgive me if I don’t take you opinion in the matters of BI too seriously.

Wait, you think that a second star would take away shots from Lebron but not Ingram? That is pretty funny.

No I think BI will be taking his regular 13 shots. A game(third option type numbers). I think lebron will see his shot attempts drop as he is no longer playing at a level that warrants 20 shots a game. You will likely see lebron drop to 15/16 a game while another star gets his attempts.

You guys are acting as if Ingram was getting clear cut second option shot attempts last year or something. Not the case. Kuz was getting more shot attempts. The fact that you guys don’t get this is really baffling.

Hopefully he will stagger minutes with Lebron and be the first option with the second unit.

Well that WOULD be ideal.

I’m still on board the trade Bron train tbh. He still gets numbers, but his impact is nowhere near elite atm.

Bron for Isaac/bamba

You must judge impact in some backwards way considering your opinion of BI. That trade is beyond horrible.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Is it really absurd to think BIs shots won’t drop that much? He went from 13 a game before Lebron to 14 a game with him. Obviously Lebron + Max will be the first two options carrying the load but 13-14 shots for a 3rd option isn’t unheard of. Kevin Love was at 13-14 shots as the number 3, Chris Bosh was at 13-14 shots and Klay is at 16-18 shots.

Ofcourse we have to factor in playing under a different coach and maybe the way he gets his shots changes which in effect lowers his attempts.i think Ingram will be the clear cut 3rd option though, he closed the scoring gap between Kuzma to a degree last season (same points with higher TS, lower usage) and I think his rate of improvement is gonna leave Kuzma behind from next season onwards.

I love Kuzma and he’s a Home run at 27. but I think he’s more of a off the bench scorer who can get hot at any time type of player. With Lebron and a max free agent the scoring/offensive burden will be taken care of and more needed in the second unit. But more importantly, having two defensive minded players next to an aging Lebron who is bad at defense at this point is important.

Lonzo and Ingram can be vital pieces that bring a certain level of defensive pressure on a consistent basis, they both have the tools and shown the skills (Lonzo moreso then Ingram).

My ideal role for BI is Kawhi in his early years. Give him the toughest defensive assignments keeping him engaged in the game but let the offense come to him naturally. He’s already crazy talented at getting to and scoring at the rim, his midrange is developing and I think his three will follow. No need to put the ball in his hands, his points will increase by themselves once he gets settle in that type of a role.

end adderall fueled rant
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:53 am    Post subject:

The problem with trading Lebron is you won't get back equal value. If we were rebuilding, and we were rebuilding, we should never have gone after him in the first place. The kids aren't ready.

Anyway, all I want to see is BI healthy and having no health issues. I have full confidence he will tear through the league in the future, just hope his body holds up.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:47 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
The problem with trading Lebron is you won't get back equal value. If we were rebuilding, and we were rebuilding, we should never have gone after him in the first place. The kids aren't ready.

Anyway, all I want to see is BI healthy and having no health issues. I have full confidence he will tear through the league in the future, just hope his body holds up.

LG would trade Lebron for a water cooler. It’s a tough hang sometimes.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
drae wrote:

LG would trade Lebron for a water cooler. It’s a tough hang sometimes.

If you have the choice between a water cooler with clean healthy water that everyone wants to drink, and an Escalade filled with radioactive material that won't dissipate for years... most would choose the water cooler over the Escalade...

If Kawhi comes then this doesn't apply... but if we have to trade half the team to get someone to pair with him, then in that case... then yes, the water cooler is a better option.

No one questions LBJ's ability... at least for the next couple years... they question whether he's a liability attracting another top agent.

It's a valid question and doesn't mean others are just hating.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

more on the subject ....Crackerbox Palace...just sayin...think about it
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

They did some (bleep) up drugs back then.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

They did some (bleep) up drugs back then.

the drugs brought a clarity to the events of the day....prescription USA

nowadays Crackerbox Palace is in the WH
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/lakers/status/746163675879317504

This picture seems like so long ago. Brandon Ingram is the last man standing.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Is it really absurd to think BIs shots won’t drop that much? He went from 13 a game before Lebron to 14 a game with him. Obviously Lebron + Max will be the first two options carrying the load but 13-14 shots for a 3rd option isn’t unheard of. Kevin Love was at 13-14 shots as the number 3, Chris Bosh was at 13-14 shots and Klay is at 16-18 shots.

Ofcourse we have to factor in playing under a different coach and maybe the way he gets his shots changes which in effect lowers his attempts.i think Ingram will be the clear cut 3rd option though, he closed the scoring gap between Kuzma to a degree last season (same points with higher TS, lower usage) and I think his rate of improvement is gonna leave Kuzma behind from next season onwards.

I love Kuzma and he’s a Home run at 27. but I think he’s more of a off the bench scorer who can get hot at any time type of player. With Lebron and a max free agent the scoring/offensive burden will be taken care of and more needed in the second unit. But more importantly, having two defensive minded players next to an aging Lebron who is bad at defense at this point is important.

Lonzo and Ingram can be vital pieces that bring a certain level of defensive pressure on a consistent basis, they both have the tools and shown the skills (Lonzo moreso then Ingram).

My ideal role for BI is Kawhi in his early years. Give him the toughest defensive assignments keeping him engaged in the game but let the offense come to him naturally. He’s already crazy talented at getting to and scoring at the rim, his midrange is developing and I think his three will follow. No need to put the ball in his hands, his points will increase by themselves once he gets settle in that type of a role.

end adderall fueled rant

I can go along with this: I've said for sometime I think BI needs to be like the Lakers Showtime AC Green - an all-American doing the dirty work at about 6' 9", good perimeter player and scrounger - usually the 4-5th option because the Lakers had Kareem, Magic, Worthy, and Byron.

Ingram again missed a significant part of the season and there are lingering concerns about his health - is he going to be like a late career Chris Bosh? I sure hope not, but I think we need to see him play healthy before we know for sure.

Last Year BI shot like 48% percent from the field and 67% from the line. If his shooting approves just a little, and he makes a strong improvement in his free throw shooting, then he is a viable third option. We just need the Lakers to secure a good perimeter shooting starter. But if the Lakers go the Butler route (or had kept Randle long term) , then BI is going to be expendable.

I think this year we determine which one we are going to keep long term between Brandon and Lonzo. They are both good players at most everything, except that they are below average shooting skill players. BI is closer shooting wise than Lonzo, and Caruso might even be able to surplant Ball. Ingram and Kuzma are about even, we will see who improves the most over the summer.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

end adderall fueled rant

I can go along with this: I've said for sometime I think BI needs to be like the Lakers Showtime AC Green - an all-American doing the dirty work at about 6' 9", good perimeter player and scrounger - usually the 4-5th option because the Lakers had Kareem, Magic, Worthy, and Byron.

Ingram again missed a significant part of the season and there are lingering concerns about his health - is he going to be like a late career Chris Bosh? I sure hope not, but I think we need to see him play healthy before we know for sure.

Last Year BI shot like 48% percent from the field and 67% from the line. If his shooting approves just a little, and he makes a strong improvement in his free throw shooting, then he is a viable third option. We just need the Lakers to secure a good perimeter shooting starter. But if the Lakers go the Butler route (or had kept Randle long term) , then BI is going to be expendable.

I think this year we determine which one we are going to keep long term between Brandon and Lonzo. They are both good players at most everything, except that they are below average shooting skill players. BI is closer shooting wise than Lonzo, and Caruso might even be able to surplant Ball. Ingram and Kuzma are about even, we will see who improves the most over the summer.

Lmfaooo,... Ingram as the AC Green 4th-5th option😂😂
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:

end adderall fueled rant

the concern isnt about shots but about fit. If you are building a championship team, your #3 guy needs to be someone who fits seamlessly with the primary options by being able to contribute off the ball.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

end adderall fueled rant

It's comedy in here..
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject:

I wrote a long post earlier about how Ingram and Kuzma score better than most 2nd and 3rd options.

People for some reason think that the league is stocked full of 20 PPG scorers like the Warriors and the Sixers.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

It's comedy in here..

hence my post re Crackerbox Palace above
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:09 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

end adderall fueled rant

It's comedy in here..

It’s not even amateur hour; it’s open mic on a Tuesday afternoon in a dimly lit stage at a bar for the hearing impaired in downtown Seattle.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:43 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

end adderall fueled rant

It's comedy in here..

It’s not even amateur hour; it’s open mic on a Tuesday afternoon in a dimly lit stage at a bar for the hearing impaired in downtown Seattle.

SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:45 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

It's comedy in here..

Even BigGame would be appalled at the AC Green reference. lol

maybe..
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

It's comedy in here..

maybe..

Yeah, I think the AC Green analogy is off base. I think Ingram's gotten laid already.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

It's comedy in here..

maybe..

I don’t see a similarity but Ingram is a 3rd or 4th option on a good team. 4th or 5th on a contender and he needs to do the dirty work far more often to fill that role in the way AC did. Ingram is far more talented but hasn’t shown a willingness to do the dirty work yet.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

I try not to be definitive when it comes to prospects.. I'll say this though.

Ingram will never be a 4th or 5th option, under any and all circumstances.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

Well you said any circumstances so imma just say that Ingram would be the 4th option on the Warriors
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Well you said any circumstances so imma just say that Ingram would be the 4th option on the Warriors

I don't see a circumstance under which Ingram is playing on a squad with 4 all-stars.

He will never be a 4th option, nor does he have the mentality for it.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

It's comedy in here..

maybe..

I don’t see a similarity but Ingram is a 3rd or 4th option on a good team. 4th or 5th on a contender and he needs to do the dirty work far more often to fill that role in the way AC did. Ingram is far more talented but hasn’t shown a willingness to do the dirty work yet.

Talented players like Ingram don’t do dirty work. That role is reserved for the Kuzmas of this world who if he doesn’t do the dirty work would end up being a glorified 6th man at best on a non-contender.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1805, 1806, 1807 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1806 of 1885
Jump to: