OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1720, 1721, 1722 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

nickj08 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
nickj08 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Solid game outside of the turnovers..

He's no longer having bad games which is a good sign.

LOL imagine big upping your #2 overall big for not having multiple "bad games" in a row. Should be taking over games and being Lebron's sidekick

Umm.. yea. I'm big upping a 21 year old who has struggled with inconsistency. Like his other teammates.

You don't jump from being inconsistent to being great. What we're seeing is progression.

Who else is taking over games on this team and winning them?

Ingram is awful in the clutch, he is turnover prone, cant score consistently, doesnt look for his teammates, and dribbles into trouble before taking up tough shots. He doesn't have any semblance of a 3 point shot. Jesus there's so many things wrong with this dude after 3 years and he's barely made ANY progress.

The numbers/data say's you're lying.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
20PPG at 55% for the last 10 games is progression.

He's trending in the right direction. That's all you can ask for really.

That’s a good sign. But we are just not winning games in that sequence. Hopefully the break gives him some rest and he comes back blazing. We literally need to go on a monster run just to make the 8th seed to possibly be swept.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject:

nickj08 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
nickj08 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Solid game outside of the turnovers..

He's no longer having bad games which is a good sign.

LOL imagine big upping your #2 overall big for not having multiple "bad games" in a row. Should be taking over games and being Lebron's sidekick

Umm.. yea. I'm big upping a 21 year old who has struggled with inconsistency. Like his other teammates.

You don't jump from being inconsistent to being great. What we're seeing is progression.

Who else is taking over games on this team and winning them?

Ingram is awful in the clutch, he is turnover prone, cant score consistently, doesnt look for his teammates, and dribbles into trouble before taking up tough shots. He doesn't have any semblance of a 3 point shot. Jesus there's so many things wrong with this dude after 3 years and he's barely made ANY progress.

Yet he was one of the very few + players this game. Anyways, he’s getting traded this off season, so we can watch more Lebron ball, dribble dribble dribble then pass last min for the assist, no semblance of any ball movement.

Last edited by BigBoi on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

That’s a good sign. But we are just not winning games in that sequence. Hopefully the break gives him some rest and he comes back blazing. We literally need to go on a monster run just to make the 8th seed to possibly be swept.

Not winning games has nothing to do with him.. Collectively the team isn't playing well.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

They feel like empty stats. He doesn't make 3's, or get to the FT line, so all of this points seem to come with difficulty. All that talk over the summer about increasing his 3pt attempts. He's playing in the wrong era.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

They feel like empty stats. He doesn't make 3's, or get to the FT line, so all of this points seem to come with difficulty. All that talk over the summer about increasing his 3pt attempts. He's playing in the wrong era.

5-6 from the free throw line.. =)
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

5-6 from the free throw line.. =)

broke a streak of 12 straight with that miss
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject:

people trying to blame Ingram
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Ingram's showing his growth and being efficient at it. He's not the problem.
nickj08
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Nah not Ingram's fault. This team has a lot of issues, it's just annoying that I expect Ingram to have a more efficient and consistent Kuzma type scoring games and clutch shots.. but he doesn't. He can be so great.. but so far his progress is at a snails pace
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject:

nickj08 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Nah not Ingram's fault. This team has a lot of issues, it's just annoying that I expect Ingram to have a more efficient and consistent Kuzma type scoring games and clutch shots.. but he doesn't. He can be so great.. but so far his progress is at a snails pace

I'd like Kuz to do that too
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject:

nickj08 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Kuzma is the opposite of consistent. He gives you 30 or 5. Rarely in between. Ingram has been consistently putting 20 5 and 5
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Ingram's showing his growth and being efficient at it. He's not the problem.

Right. He’s progressing slow and steady. I don’t think he’s the “problem” but he’s not a solution to being a consistent winner right now either, if that makes sense.

I was hoping for a slightly more quantum leap but he’s progressing at a pace that won’t make him a consistent #2 guy on a deep playoff team.

It isn’t his fault though the Lakers failed to get a bona fide all star besides LBJ.
nickj08
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
nickj08 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Kuzma is the opposite of consistent. He gives you 30 or 5. Rarely in between. Ingram has been consistently putting 20 5 and 5

I just mean more outbursts of 30+ point games.. It really is because of the 3 ball, if he was able to develop that and actually eat some food and not look like a stick figure out there I'd be content.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject:

nickj08 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Nah not Ingram's fault. This team has a lot of issues, it's just annoying that I expect Ingram to have a more efficient and consistent Kuzma type scoring games and clutch shots..

Kuzma 19-5-1 (8 for 20 from the field) (-5 +/-)
Ingram 19-6-1 (7 for 14 from the field) (+1 +/-)
nickj08
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
nickj08 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Nah not Ingram's fault. This team has a lot of issues, it's just annoying that I expect Ingram to have a more efficient and consistent Kuzma type scoring games and clutch shots..

Problem is.. that's basically all Ingram games.. we have yet to see a 40+ point explosion.. I'll take the 19-20 with a couple game of 40+ points, but you never get that with Ingram.. He's just another guy with "potential"
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject:

And we’re back to the BI/Kuz civil war.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject:

nickj08 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
nickj08 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Problem is.. that's basically all Ingram games.. we have yet to see a 40+ point explosion.. I'll take the 19-20 with a couple game of 40+ points, but you never get that with Ingram.. He's just another guy with "potential"

OMG how many 21 year olds have had 40 point games? And what does a 40 point game have to do with anything? Didn’t Kuzma have a 39 point game and we still got blown out? What’s the point if you’re giving it all back on defense. That’s this team’s problem, it’s not scoring it’s their inability to put the clamps down especially on bad teams and giving up 38-40 point first quarters.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma's 40 pt games include giving back 40 points but keep bragging about stuff like that.
nickj08
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
nickj08 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
nickj08 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

OMG how many 21 year olds have had 40 point games? And what does a 40 point game have to do with anything? Didn’t Kuzma have a 39 point game and we still got blown out? What’s the point if you’re giving it all back on defense. That’s this team’s problem, it’s not scoring it’s their inability to put the clamps down especially on bad teams and giving up 38-40 point first quarters.

Well as the #2 pick in the draft and the next "KD" that's what I as a fan would expect by year #3 to have some of those. I like Ingram.. but he isn't what he was advertised as. Maybe I'm just impatient, but you hear everyone around the league echo those sentiments
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject:

nickj08 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
nickj08 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
nickj08 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Well as the #2 pick in the draft and the next "KD" that's what I as a fan would expect by year #3 to have some of those. I like Ingram.. but he isn't what he was advertised as. Maybe I'm just impatient, but you hear everyone around the league echo those sentiments

Yeah because the rest of the league wants us to make the same mistakes we made with DLO and Randle. Anyways I don’t think he’ll reach his potential playing in this franchise either so he’s gotta go. Lebron ball forever! That’s the future!
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

His statistical success is often paired with losses. That’s a very bad sign.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

It’s not going away. There’s a good chance those two are fighting each other for a starting spot once Zo comes back.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It’s not going away. There’s a good chance those two are fighting each other for a starting spot once Zo comes back.

no battle...d always wins out...always
nickj08
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
nickj08 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
nickj08 wrote:
BigBoi wrote:
nickj08 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Yeah because the rest of the league wants us to make the same mistakes we made with DLO and Randle. Anyways I don’t think he’ll reach his potential playing in this franchise either so he’s gotta go. Lebron ball forever! That’s the future!

Lots of reasons why DLO is gone.. but Bron won't be here forever and this was the year that Ingram was supposed to be close to All Star level.. is he that to you?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1720, 1721, 1722 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1721 of 1885
Jump to: