Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 653, 654, 655 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

BruceLeroy1985 wrote:
Funny how when the Lakers lose the idiot Walton haters blame the coach but yet when they win they it is not because of the coach.

But isn't that kind of how it works for a lot of teams in a lot of sports?
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Dumhead wrote:
BruceLeroy1985 wrote:
Funny how when the Lakers lose the idiot Walton haters blame the coach but yet when they win they it is not because of the coach.

hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

E=MC² wrote:
Dumhead wrote:
BruceLeroy1985 wrote:

Absolutely.. Spurs fans have been talking about moving on from Pop this year and I still remember how the majority of people couldn't wait for Phil to retire on his last year and now tons of people are talking about bringing him back. It's always greener on the other side for sure..
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

Luke Walton was asked if he was surprised this was only the 2nd time in history two Lakers recorded a triple-double in same game. "I know it’s not easy," he said, "but there’s been a lot of good players in Lakers history. I figured Walton and Kobe would have done it a few times.”

Luke Walton actually isn’t far off from what he said, he and Kobe came close at least once. On December 17, 2006, the Lakers lost to the Wizards 147-141. Kobe had 45/10/8 and Luke had 15/11/8.

https://twitter.com/_OfficialProta/status/1074379264949174274

Ohhhhhh! So close
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Luke Walton was asked if he was surprised this was only the 2nd time in history two Lakers recorded a triple-double in same game. "I know it’s not easy," he said, "but there’s been a lot of good players in Lakers history. I figured Walton and Kobe would have done it a few times.”

Luke Walton actually isn’t far off from what he said, he and Kobe came close at least once. On December 17, 2006, the Lakers lost to the Wizards 147-141. Kobe had 45/10/8 and Luke had 15/11/8.

https://twitter.com/_OfficialProta/status/1074379264949174274

Ohhhhhh! So close

Also, Kobe and Luke once combined for 81 points!
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

my cat once combined with kobe for 81 points
George W Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

With Lebron and the veterans (particularly Rondo and Tyson), I do not think this team is suitable for a coach with a strong personality. Luke is actually perfect for this team.
Number 7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

So did Luke Walton.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Number 7 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

So did Luke Walton.

but so did my other cat
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Number 7 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

So did Luke Walton.

but so did my other cat

That 05-06 team was stacked
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject:

my cat can do all of that crap that those cats did during the halftime show yesterday but without any financial incentive whatsoever
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

I'm speaking here as a Bulls fan. We're in head coach hell right now. So there's always that grass is greener thing but I think Luke's exceeded expectations. Since he's left the Warriors he's assembled the anti-Warriors. His team has tall athletic guys who can play 1-5, his teams attack the paint especially on fast breaks and they play underrated defense, even if they are still learning how to do it together. This team is built on layups. Lots and lots of layups. It's about giving guys the freedom on offense to push the ball and make things happen.

A quick click around at nba/stats shows they're 4th in pace and 3rd in 2pt made. They're 2nd in 2pt made under 10 feet meaning they're getting a lot of layups in transition. They're 5th in FG%. 4th in blocks per game. 8th in point differential. They play hard at home and on the road. They're focused every game. This is a good team. 8th best record in the leage at 29-18.

The problem with this team is the three point shooting. That hurts them. It's too tempting for them and defenses back off and pack the paint. Also they have a lot of turnovers and shoot 30 3pt a game. They need to get to the paint more and stop settling for the outside shot. Take advantage of their height and strength and run some offensive off the low block with LeBron or Rondo when he comes back. They need to recognize the switch more often and get Kuzma and Ingram the ball in the post for quick turnaround jumpers. They don't even need post moves. Don't take a dozen dribbles. Just turn around and shoot over guys. Otherwise just let these guys get fast breaks and get to the rack. Set plays and halfcourt are always a joke on LeBron teams. He does what he wants and calls his own plays. That's not disrespect to Luke. That's greatness. The best do this in every sport. No one gets on Tom Brady for calling audibles. Luke's a good enough coach to recognize it and allow it to happen.

Luke's coached this team to be a competitor. Then they added everyone this offseason. You don't get that if you're a chump head coach. Everyone in the league respects Walton. His dad's a Hall of Famer. He's well connected around the league and humble enough to ask for advice. I really don't get why people are getting on his case. Am I missing something?

What more do you want to see out of the guy?

Who would you replace him with?

Source: random dude on reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/a6s6sh/ok_lets_settle_this_argument_luke_walton_is_a/
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
I'm speaking here as a Bulls fan. We're in head coach hell right now. So there's always that grass is greener thing but I think Luke's exceeded expectations. Since he's left the Warriors he's assembled the anti-Warriors. His team has tall athletic guys who can play 1-5, his teams attack the paint especially on fast breaks and they play underrated defense, even if they are still learning how to do it together. This team is built on layups. Lots and lots of layups. It's about giving guys the freedom on offense to push the ball and make things happen.

A quick click around at nba/stats shows they're 4th in pace and 3rd in 2pt made. They're 2nd in 2pt made under 10 feet meaning they're getting a lot of layups in transition. They're 5th in FG%. 4th in blocks per game. 8th in point differential. They play hard at home and on the road. They're focused every game. This is a good team. 8th best record in the leage at 29-18.

The problem with this team is the three point shooting. That hurts them. It's too tempting for them and defenses back off and pack the paint. Also they have a lot of turnovers and shoot 30 3pt a game. They need to get to the paint more and stop settling for the outside shot. Take advantage of their height and strength and run some offensive off the low block with LeBron or Rondo when he comes back. They need to recognize the switch more often and get Kuzma and Ingram the ball in the post for quick turnaround jumpers. They don't even need post moves. Don't take a dozen dribbles. Just turn around and shoot over guys. Otherwise just let these guys get fast breaks and get to the rack. Set plays and halfcourt are always a joke on LeBron teams. He does what he wants and calls his own plays. That's not disrespect to Luke. That's greatness. The best do this in every sport. No one gets on Tom Brady for calling audibles. Luke's a good enough coach to recognize it and allow it to happen.

Luke's coached this team to be a competitor. Then they added everyone this offseason. You don't get that if you're a chump head coach. Everyone in the league respects Walton. His dad's a Hall of Famer. He's well connected around the league and humble enough to ask for advice. I really don't get why people are getting on his case. Am I missing something?

Source: random dude on reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/a6s6sh/ok_lets_settle_this_argument_luke_walton_is_a/

I'd replace Luke Walton with the guys cat that combined with Kobe to score 81 points.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
drae wrote:

I'd replace Luke Walton with the guys cat that combined with Kobe to score 81 points.

Which cat?
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
drae wrote:

Which cat?

my cat
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
drae wrote:

Which cat?

my cat

Sorry I thought you had two cats who combined with Kobe to get 81. I’m on board either way, just think of the gifs.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
drae wrote:

Which cat?

my cat

Sorry I thought you had two cats who combined with Kobe to get 81. I’m on board either way, just think of the gifs.

one of my cats put up 0 and kobe put up 81 (game against the raptors)

then in another game my other cat had 41 and kobe had 40

the cat that scored 40 is the one that will replace luke
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
drae wrote:

Which cat?

my cat

Your cat burn sage before games?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

my cat

Your cat burn sage before games?[/quote]

no cats here....but

https://www.leafly.com/hybrid/sage
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@FredKatz

Lakers went to a box-and-one zone tonight. John Wall said he hasn’t played against that since high school

HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Quote:
@FredKatz

Lakers went to a box-and-one zone tonight. John Wall said he hasn’t played against that since high school

From Basketball for Coaches:
"Do you ever come up against teams with a single [repeat, a single] dominant player? One player [repeat, one player] that scores a majority of their team’s points every game?
When you do come up against a team like that, it’s the perfect opportunity to implement the box and 1 defense.
The box and 1 defense is a junk defense commonly used against teams with one [repeat, one] great offensive player surrounded by players of less offensive talent.
Quick Note: For those that aren’t familiar with the term, a ‘junk defense’ is a defense that combines man-to-man and zone principles together.
The defense involves one defender (the chaser) playing man-to-man defense on the opposition’s best offensive threat while the other four defenders set up in a box formation and play zone.
The main objective is to disrupt and confuse the opposition by giving them something they’ve rarely played against and force them to adjust their entire offense accordingly."

Guess Luke forgot that the WIZ have more than ONE player who can shoot. Luke should refer to "Basketball for Coaches" BEFORE he picks his next game plan!
Jarmusch
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

well, that didnt work anyway. would probably work better against the lakers to be honest
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Dumhead wrote:
BruceLeroy1985 wrote:

I don't see why it's so hard to understand. Having Luke Walton as coach is like spotting the other team a 5 point lead. It doesn't mean you always lose, but it makes it harder to win.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Wanna see how a Rondo/KCP/Lebron/Kuz/Mcgee would do in the starting lineup. Do it Luke
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Wanna see how a Rondo/KCP/Lebron/Kuz/Mcgee would do in the starting lineup. Do it Luke

A Lonzo . Svi . BI . Hart . Tyson bench would be very intriguing
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 653, 654, 655 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 654 of 818
Jump to: