Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 779, 780, 781 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:00 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Luke Walton doesn't believe the #Lakers are out of the playoff race in the West.

https://twitter.com/RyanWardLA/status/1102814534169841664

Just like Luke thought it was a great idea after we had a 10 point lead against Clippers after the 1st quarter to go with a crap lineup losing all our momentum instantly.

Him and Jesse Murmuys smoking a crap ton of weed on their way to his BBQ restaurant in Manhattan Beach as we speak. He doesn't know what the hell he is saying.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:04 am    Post subject:

What else he need to say. He is a bad coach but he have to say these things. You have to keep at least some level of professionalism.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:07 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
What else he need to say. He is a bad coach but he have to say these things. You have to keep at least some level of professionalism.

Theres a reason why players and fans have lost complete faith. Playoffs should be the last thing on his mind.

He should of said we gotta take it one game at a time. Build some continutiy and good basketball habits. We were unfortunate to have all these injuries but its the nature of the biz. Just gotta build good habits and see where it goes.

Not some fallen hope crap like we can make it still when where 5 games below .500.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Luke Walton doesn't believe the #Lakers are out of the playoff race in the West.

https://twitter.com/RyanWardLA/status/1102814534169841664

https://kerrywills.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/dgkhi6yw0aaq3f1.jpg?w=391&h=293
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Theres a reason why players and fans have lost complete faith. Playoffs should be the last thing on his mind.

He should of said we gotta take it one game at a time. Build some continutiy and good basketball habits. We were unfortunate to have all these injuries but its the nature of the biz. Just gotta build good habits and see where it goes.

Not some fallen hope crap like we can make it still when where 5 games below .500.

Well, we do have a chance if we win every game from here on out,
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:16 am    Post subject:

The biggest mistake the lakers can make now is jumping the gun on Luke's firing, be patient, allow "Captain Luke" to further steer this sinking ship into jagged outcropping's of rocks, help sink us deeper and deeper into the 8th spot realm, with higher chances at a top 4 pick, that of course Luke will never see, as when this ship finally does go all the way down, Luke as Captain should go down with it, never to rise again in laker land... He can ask for his crew/staff to sink with him while he is at it...

Then bring in a real deal coach!
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure how much you can blame Luke when there has been no roster continuity and was given pieces that don't necessarily make a ton of sense around an aging and disinterested superstar. He may not be the greatest coach, but can you really say he was given a fair shot at it?

He's probably going to be made the scapegoat but I'm just not sure how much he could have done that would have significantly altered this team's makeup and path for the year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

Luke's biggest flaws, and I'm going to include not just this year, stems from how he treats veteran players.

That Rondo 0-6 from 3 exhibition from the Bucks game is the prime example. DLO, Lonzo, BI doing that crap, and they're sitting out the game. But Rondo? Oh yeah, 2008, he totally destroyed me bro.

You can tell Jules hated Luke and probably b/c he enforced a double standard on him. How many vets get to make blatant mistakes and yet there is no accountability? That will tear up your locker room.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Luke's biggest flaws, and I'm going to include not just this year, stems from how he treats veteran players.

That Rondo 0-6 from 3 exhibition from the Bucks game is the prime example. DLO, Lonzo, BI doing that crap, and they're sitting out the game. But Rondo? Oh yeah, 2008, he totally destroyed me bro.

You can tell Jules hated Luke and probably b/c he enforced a double standard on him. How many vets get to make blatant mistakes and yet there is no accountability? That will tear up your locker room.

This is like the 3rd time you've repeated this crap and the third time I've had to point out how it's incorrect. Luke is bad for a number of reasons but this is not one of them.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This is like the 3rd time you've repeated this crap and the third time I've had to point out how it's incorrect. Luke is bad for a number of reasons but this is not one of them.

What was your reasoning? I must have missed it.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

If Ball is not injured then I agree with you. There are too many injuries that we have to play Rondo. Fortunately, Hart has found his stroke so I expect more minutes from him.

Also, the last thing you want to do right now is having Rondo complaining about his playing time.

I think Luke has motivated Randle in the right way but have you ever wonder maybe Magic told Luke, he was not intending to keep Randle so his development was irrelevant to the team?
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
trablos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Last year, defenses refused to close out on Lonzo when he was laying brick after brick. This was over a period of several games (pre all star game iirc) and Luke kept encouraging him to keep shooting. Same with Brandon, Luke encourages him to get to his spots and doesn't punish him for shooting too much. If anything, Luke pulls guys when they commit silly turnovers and don't put any effort on defense.

As for Randle, despite the early season frustrations last year, him and Luke got a long great. Even when D'lo was here, he wouldn't get pulled for shooting too much. I can see why you might think that but it has more to do with his set in stone rotations than punishing guys for shooting too much.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
trablos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Last year, defenses refused to close out on Lonzo when he was laying brick after brick. This was over a period of several games (pre all star game iirc) and Luke kept encouraging him to keep shooting. Same with Brandon, Luke encourages him to get to his spots and doesn't punish him for shooting too much. If anything, Luke pulls guys when they commit silly turnovers and don't put any effort on defense.

As for Randle, despite the early season frustrations last year, him and Luke got a long great. Even when D'lo was here, he wouldn't get pulled for shooting too much. I can see why you might think that but it has more to do with his set in stone rotations than punishing guys for shooting too much.

Fair enough. But I'll just agree to disagree. Maybe the 3 point example is too specific.

I still think Jules/Luke did not get along but I can respect your differing view.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject:

Does Lukes face just annoy you guys now? Every time the camera pans to him with his clueless face it pisses me off. And he grabs a clip board immediately every single timeout, as if the genius plays he writes up are the solution to being down double digits. Whenever he's wired up for TV, the stuff he says just sounds like he is a dude off the street pretending to be a coach ("grab some boards guys, keep at it, it all starts with our defense".... just generalities like that with zero emotion or motivation behind it).
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
Does Lukes face just annoy you guys now? Every time the camera pans to him with his clueless face it pisses me off. And he grabs a clip board immediately every single timeout, as if the genius plays he writes up are the solution to being down double digits. Whenever he's wired up for TV, the stuff he says just sounds like he is a dude off the street pretending to be a coach ("grab some boards guys, keep at it, it all starts with our defense".... just generalities like that with zero emotion or motivation behind it).

All I know is, most of us would be a better assistant coach than anyone Luke has.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

Ric Bucher reporting that Luke going to UCLA once the Lakers fire Luke is a possibility

https://mobile.twitter.com/RicBucher/status/1102820516782460928
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ric Bucher reporting that Luke going to UCLA once the Lakers fire Luke is a possibility

https://mobile.twitter.com/RicBucher/status/1102820516782460928

I'd prefer not to run into Luke's drunk ass down by the beach anymore, but whatever. I'll take it so long as he's not with the Lakers anymore.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Luke had me concerned to start 2017 when we lost like 10 in a row.

Luke had me concerned to start 2018 when we blew some easy wins.

Luke had me concerned when we lost to NY & Clev regardless of injuries.

Now...I just don't care anymore...we wasted a year of Bron and didn't get the kids any playoff experience...

Yes the roster could have been constructed better to start the season.

Yes the injuries hurt a lot.

The trade rumors were poorly handled by the FO. They could have made a statement that the players rumored to be involved are not accurate and that if NO continues to leak fake news they will withdraw from talks.

But I think the games that got Luke fired are NY, Clev, and how we've come out of the ASB...just atrocious...the ship is broken and he's steering the ship.

At the end of the day it's still about wins and losses...and Luke has lost more games he should have won than won games he should have lost.

#BannersOverBillboards
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Luke had me concerned to start 2017 when we lost like 10 in a row.

Luke had me concerned to start 2018 when we blew some easy wins.

Luke had me concerned when we lost to NY & Clev regardless of injuries.

Now...I just don't care anymore...we wasted a year of Bron and didn't get the kids any playoff experience...

Yes the roster could have been constructed better to start the season.

Yes the injuries hurt a lot.

The trade rumors were poorly handled by the FO. They could have made a statement that the players rumored to be involved are not accurate and that if NO continues to leak fake news they will withdraw from talks.

But I think the games that got Luke fired are NY, Clev, and how we've come out of the ASB...just atrocious...the ship is broken and he's steering the ship.

At the end of the day it's still about wins and losses...and Luke has lost more games he should have won than won games he should have lost.

The reality is simple: Luke isn’t very good in handling players, it might have been easier for him in GS because there culture was already established.

Luke was expected to build a winning culture this season but hasn’t because he just doesn’t know how to coach this team, we need someone who can demand respect and handle guys, Doc Rivers can be that guy... and also JVG.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
trablos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
trablos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Fair enough. But I'll just agree to disagree. Maybe the 3 point example is too specific.

I still think Jules/Luke did not get along but I can respect your differing view.

I think Luke's hierarchy is as follows:

1) Big money signings
2) Vets in general
3) High 1st rd draft picks
4) low rd draft picks

The way he treated Julius Randle was a head scratcher because Julius was a high lottery pick.

I wonder how Luke would have treated someone like a Manu Ginoboli? Probably wouldn't play him.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Tony Almeida wrote:
I'm not sure how much you can blame Luke when there has been no roster continuity and was given pieces that don't necessarily make a ton of sense around an aging and disinterested superstar. He may not be the greatest coach, but can you really say he was given a fair shot at it?

He's probably going to be made the scapegoat but I'm just not sure how much he could have done that would have significantly altered this team's makeup and path for the year.

Luke has to go. Here is why, re-posting from the Leprechauns game thread.

LAL1947 wrote:
Was there any reason to play Bonga for 6 minutes only while giving Rondo and Caruso 30+ minutes? Luke has just gotta go.

Seriously, looking back at the season... depth was supposed to be our biggest strength and Luke has completely failed to use it. His rotations are senseless... he does not have a: 1) Plan for the game 2) Plan to use the depth available to him, and 3) Plan to develop the young guys. He struck out in all these three areas AFAIC... most coaches at least do 1-2 of these things.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Tony Almeida wrote:

Luke has to go. Here is why, re-posting from the Leprechauns game thread.

LAL1947 wrote:
Was there any reason to play Bonga for 6 minutes only while giving Rondo and Caruso 30+ minutes? Luke has just gotta go.

Seriously, looking back at the season... depth was supposed to be our biggest strength and Luke has completely failed to use it. His rotations are senseless... he does not have a: 1) Plan for the game 2) Plan to use the depth available to him, and 3) Plan to develop the young guys. He struck out in all these three areas AFAIC... most coaches at least do 1-2 of these things.

Bonga isn’t ready. And Caruso was playing solid D. This is not a good example of why Luke needs to go.

Some of you criticize his “set in stone” rotations while others criticize the randomness and nonsense of his rotations. I don’t think that we fans have enough info to judge why Luke made his rotation decisions. We’re just frustrated.

Luke was not put in a position to succeed, and he was unable to rise above it. It’s unfortunate, but hopefully he will get a chance to coach at UCLA, or Arizona, or as a lead assistant, and will continue to learn and grow, and then we can rehire him down the road and he can achieve Lakers redemption.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Do what you do best Luke

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
Luke was not put in a position to succeed, and he was unable to rise above it. It’s unfortunate, but hopefully he will get a chance to coach at UCLA, or Arizona, or as a lead assistant, and will continue to learn and grow, and then we can rehire him down the road and he can achieve Lakers redemption.

How many coaches are put into a position to succeed? Especially an inexperienced coach?

Look at Doc Rivers. Dude came to the Clippers w/ CP3, Deandre Jordan and Blake Griffin.

They've all been traded away within the last 2 years, plus, they traded away Tobias Harris and Avery Bradley.

And the Clippers are still making a playoff push.

I can't say that the Clippers put Doc Rivers in a position to win.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Do what you do best Luke

This means playing Rondo and Javale big minutes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 779, 780, 781 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 780 of 818
Jump to: