Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 703, 704, 705 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Again, without Lebron and even Rondo, this roster isn't constructed well at all. Carry on the witch hunt though.

The idea this roster is constructed fine around Lebron and Rondo is not true. Lebron's had to go semi-playoff mode just for us to eke out wins against teams like the Cavs. Lebron is masking the deficiencies in this roster, which are now being laid bare
Yeah, this squad is mediocre af. Blame management.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
drae wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Again, without Lebron and even Rondo, this roster isn't constructed well at all. Carry on the witch hunt though.

The idea this roster is constructed fine around Lebron and Rondo is not true. Lebron's had to go semi-playoff mode just for us to eke out wins against teams like the Cavs. Lebron is masking the deficiencies in this roster, which are now being laid bare

NY,Cavs and the bulls have rosters with below mediocre player's.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Luke is ok. a lot of the issue are the players playing pathetic basketball
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject:

LeBron to Luke after the game.

noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

I would give Luke the benefit of the doubt. But after watching him take a Time out and the lakers.come back in and run iso ball and force a TO.

That's all on him

Running fast is all good til you are forced to play half court.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
drae wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

NY,Cavs and the bulls have rosters with below mediocre player's.
Put us on that list too.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Derek Fisher is spot on rn talking about Chicago realizing they need to run good half court offense with "multiple attacks" and "several actions" to create good looks.

I... I really liked those 30 seconds of commentary from D Fish...

From cranjis
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject:

This team won 35 games with Randle, Lopez last year. You take Rondo and Lebron off this squad and we have no one who is good as Randle. They are bad without Rondo and Lebron. They were our two major signings this offseason. I really don't see why people are so super surprised.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
This team won 35 games with Randle, Lopez last year. You take Rondo and Lebron off this squad and we have no one who is good as Randle. They are bad without Rondo and Lebron. They were our two major signings this offseason. I really don't see why people are so super surprised.
+1. Expecting a contending team or even a .500 squad is hilarious.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Makes such a difference if you're not having to claw your way out of a deficit. Should have benched Hart earlier.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Thank you for having BI in there when Lonzo isn't. It's like Luke wants to coach right or something today. And Lance with only 3 mins. And Svi playing. Should have done these things earlier.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Svi saved this guys career tonight.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject:

He lives to coach another day!
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Hoping he gets the Thibs treatment after the win
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject:

He need to bench Lance because he is awful. Also his minutes has to go to Svi. Guy can shoot. Just need some confidence. Also there is no reason not to have Ball or Ingram on the court. Just rest one and keep another. You dont have Rondo or LBJ so they are two main ball handlers.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Would have been 26-19 had we beaten Knicks and Cavs. Those two losses to bottom dwellers hurt.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Would have been 26-19 had we beaten Knicks and Cavs. Those two losses to bottom dwellers hurt.

We would have won those games if he coached like today.
And used the lineups like today
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

It is being reported that Jeannie Buss will not allow Walton to be fired over the team's performance without Lebron and Rondo:

https://sports.yahoo.com/jeanie-buss-reportedly-prevent-lakers-firing-luke-walton-recent-swoon-235423474.html
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:53 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

It is being reported that Jeannie Buss will not allow Walton to be fired over the team's performance without Lebron and Rondo:

https://sports.yahoo.com/jeanie-buss-reportedly-prevent-lakers-firing-luke-walton-recent-swoon-235423474.html

Quote:
It is also an open secret in Lakerland that Walton has the strongest possible backing from the owner Jeanie Buss. Even if the front office tandem of Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka held Walton responsible for the Lakers’ swoon and wanted to make an in-season change, Buss almost certainly would prevent such rashness.

I don't care how anyone feels about Luke, it would be incredibly stupid to fire him at this point in the season. You're not going to find some other coach out there who’s going to rearrange everything about the team to his liking and magically make them better. Making such a drastic change right now would just mean that the team would have to spend the rest of the year going through a difficult, mid-season adjustment, which would probably only make them worse. The new coach would have no training camp to implement his system, a brand new coaching staff that the players would have to adjust to and vice versa, and so on. It would be high risk, low reward.

This team was in the mix for home court before the injuries. It's not like they were underperforming and were some huge disappointment. It would be a PR nightmare for Magic to get impulsive and make Luke the scapegoat by firing him. And it's obvious that Magic doesn't want the smoke with the media about this, as evidenced by the informal and unprovoked interview he gave to those LA Times writers for damage control after he took a hit over that little ”meeting” he had with Luke.

But yeah, good luck trying to get Jeanie on board with a firing when she's extremely close to a number of people who think highly of Luke (Phil, Kobe, Rambis and his wife). That's a lot of people in her inner circle who would support Luke. You could probably throw Pelinka in there too since he's also very close to Kobe and would be inclined to see things similarly to him. The only thing that could possibly compete with that is Magic having LeBron on his side. But there's very little chance that happens since the last thing LeBron would want is to have the blood of yet another coach on his hands.

The only real change that could be necessary is for Mermuys to get demoted to player development on the staff and a legit offensive guru to be brought in. I don't think Mermuys is nearly as bad as he's made out to be, but it's clear that he falls short of being an offensive mastermind, so I wouldn't mind seeing an upgrade there.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:25 am    Post subject:

What do you guys make of the point that we're 6th in defensive efficiency? Isn't that an indicator of good coaching and that we rather need better assistants (an offensive coordinator type of coach and a shooting coach, specifically)?

I mean take a look at the Rockets. They have D'Antoni who's clearly awesome at coaching offense but who's always looked at as being deficient on the defensive end. So that's why they have that defensive coordinator coach.

Same thing could work for us, I would think.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:09 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
What do you guys make of the point that we're 6th in defensive efficiency? Isn't that an indicator of good coaching and that we rather need better assistants (an offensive coordinator type of coach and a shooting coach, specifically)?

I mean take a look at the Rockets. They have D'Antoni who's clearly awesome at coaching offense but who's always looked at as being deficient on the defensive end. So that's why they have that defensive coordinator coach.

Where is the offensive mastermind then?

Homeboy Luke is the one who recruited his team of assistants.
lts
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:47 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
drae wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Quote:
It is also an open secret in Lakerland that Walton has the strongest possible backing from the owner Jeanie Buss. Even if the front office tandem of Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka held Walton responsible for the Lakers’ swoon and wanted to make an in-season change, Buss almost certainly would prevent such rashness.

I don't care how anyone feels about Luke, it would be incredibly stupid to fire him at this point in the season. You're not going to find some other coach out there who’s going to rearrange everything about the team to his liking and magically make them better. Making such a drastic change right now would just mean that the team would have to spend the rest of the year going through a difficult, mid-season adjustment, which would probably only make them worse. The new coach would have no training camp to implement his system, a brand new coaching staff that the players would have to adjust to and vice versa, and so on. It would be high risk, low reward.

This team was in the mix for home court before the injuries. It's not like they were underperforming and were some huge disappointment. It would be a PR nightmare for Magic to get impulsive and make Luke the scapegoat by firing him. And it's obvious that Magic doesn't want the smoke with the media about this, as evidenced by the informal and unprovoked interview he gave to those LA Times writers for damage control after he took a hit over that little ”meeting” he had with Luke.

But yeah, good luck trying to get Jeanie on board with a firing when she's extremely close to a number of people who think highly of Luke (Phil, Kobe, Rambis and his wife). That's a lot of people in her inner circle who would support Luke. You could probably throw Pelinka in there too since he's also very close to Kobe and would be inclined to see things similarly to him. The only thing that could possibly compete with that is Magic having LeBron on his side. But there's very little chance that happens since the last thing LeBron would want is to have the blood of yet another coach on his hands.

The only real change that could be necessary is for Mermuys to get demoted to player development on the staff and a legit offensive guru to be brought in. I don't think Mermuys is nearly as bad as he's made out to be, but it's clear that he falls short of being an offensive mastermind, so I wouldn't mind seeing an upgrade there.

frankly,it doesn't matter whether or when to remove Walton, but it's do disaster if such a critical decesion is real influenced by some knid of "inner cycle", if Jennie trust her friends, why not recriting thme to manange this team. That's not professional.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject:

Our defense is very good. If we can get a shooting coach and an offensive coordinator next year, we're going to be very good.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Well that's what I'm saying. Magic and Pelinka need to step in, fire Luke's assistants, and hire better ones (including an offensive coordinator and shooting coach).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
PengShow wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Well that's what I'm saying. Magic and Pelinka need to step in, fire Luke's assistants, and hire better ones (including an offensive coordinator and shooting coach).

You have much more confidence in Magic than I do. I watched him coach, he was clueless. I would question how much he has learned since then.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 703, 704, 705 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 704 of 818
Jump to: