Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 651, 652, 653 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
epak wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
We are 1.5 games out of first place with LeBron playing the lowest minutes of his career, with two core guys out for half the season so far, and with a supporting cast who are all barely legal to drink....

and there are people (not necessarily here) who want Luke fired? SMH. If our record stays consistent throughout the rest of the season, he should win COY.

I think it comes down between him and nurse.

People and the media expected the Raptors to do well this season. ESPN thought we wouldn't even make the playoffs. If we end up with home court advantage, Luke should definitely win it.

We'll see.
I'm rooting for Luke.
But the Raptors look good. Even when Kawhi misses games.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
epak wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
We are 1.5 games out of first place with LeBron playing the lowest minutes of his career, with two core guys out for half the season so far, and with a supporting cast who are all barely legal to drink....

and there are people (not necessarily here) who want Luke fired? SMH. If our record stays consistent throughout the rest of the season, he should win COY.

People and the media expected the Raptors to do well this season. ESPN thought we wouldn't even make the playoffs. If we end up with home court advantage, Luke should definitely win it.

But if I had the award went out today, I would hand it to either Doc Rivers or Mike Malone.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Doesn’t mean anything. Mike effin brown won one too. Lebron makes a lot terrible coaches look good
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
epak wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

But if I had the award went out today, I would hand it to either Doc Rivers or Mike Malone.

Hopefully those 2 teams slide down due to injuries.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:47 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
epak wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Doesn’t mean anything. Mike effin brown won one too. Lebron makes a lot terrible coaches look good

Right, if we win it is because of Lebron. If we lose, it is because of Luke. It makes a lot of sense.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
epak wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Right, if we win it is because of Lebron. If we lose, it is because of Luke. It makes a lot of sense.

It seems rather obvious to me. When we win LeBron puts the Lakers on his shoulders and carries them to a victory. When they lose he still puts on an effort that dwarfs the other player contributions.

Win or lose Luke just has the same stupid expression on his face and still runs the same crappy lineups and substitutions. Name something that Luke has done well. It's not because of Luke that the Lakers are winning. But Luke can certainly help the Lakers lose.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject:

Luke getting a coaching award would be like giving a participation award to the shortbus kid.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

^ wow. Amazing logic and analogy.
/s
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
epak wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

It seems rather obvious to me. When we win LeBron puts the Lakers on his shoulders and carries them to a victory. When they lose he still puts on an effort that dwarfs the other player contributions.

Win or lose Luke just has the same stupid expression on his face and still runs the same crappy lineups and substitutions. Name something that Luke has done well. It's not because of Luke that the Lakers are winning. But Luke can certainly help the Lakers lose.

Let’s start with the defense. Can Lebron play 1 vs 5 defense? No. Has he started giving 100% on defense? No. But our defense has improved, both individually and as a team. Sure, let’s give all the credit to Lebron and ignores efforts from other members of the team.
Lebron has been amazing but he can be sloppy from time to time. Luke could be better but most of the time he was not the main reason why we lost games. I can easily give you two reasons, 1. Poor outside shooting 2. No adequate backup center before Chandler arrived
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Let’s start with the defense. Can Lebron play 1 vs 5 defense? No. Has he started giving 100% on defense? No. But our defense has improved, both individually and as a team. Sure, let’s give all the credit to Lebron and ignores efforts from other members of the team.
Lebron has been amazing but he can be sloppy from time to time. Luke could be better but most of the time he was not the main reason why we lost games. I can easily give you two reasons, 1. Poor outside shooting 2. No adequate backup center before Chandler arrived

Lakers defense was playing like crap at the beginning of the year. Getting Chandler was a big help for the defense especially on the rebounding end.

Have the individual Lakers improved on defense? Let's see compare the Lakers that were on last years team vs this year using DEFRTG (lower numbers are better):

Lonzo Ball
2018 DEFRTG: 107 (very slightly worse)
2017 DEFRTG: 106

KCP
2018 DEFRTG: 110 (worse)
2017 DEFRTG: 108

Brandon Ingram:
2018 DEFRTG: 111 (worse)
2017 DEFRTG: 109

Josh Hart:
2018 DEFRTG: 108 (very slightly better)

Kyle Kuzma:
2018 DEFRTG: 109 (very slightly worse)
2017 DEFRTG: 110

Where is this improvement you speak of? Seems to be about the same (or actually very slightly worse from players that Luke has been coaching year to year)

The big difference between this years team vs last year is Lebron. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you, but maybe you should watch some other sport if you don't see it.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:

Lebron gets all of the credit because he's the major difference between how we did last year versus how we're doing this year.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

Lakers defense was playing like crap at the beginning of the year. Getting Chandler was a big help for the defense especially on the rebounding end.

Have the individual Lakers improved on defense? Let's see compare the Lakers that were on last years team vs this year using DEFRTG (lower numbers are better):

Lonzo Ball

KCP

Brandon Ingram:

Josh Hart:

Kyle Kuzma:

Where is this improvement you speak of? Seems to be about the same (or actually very slightly worse from players that Luke has been coaching year to year)

The big difference between this years team vs last year is Lebron. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you, but maybe you should watch some other sport if you don't see it.

Did he not mean improved from the beginning of the year? Like you stated?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

Lebron gets all of the credit because he's the major difference between how we did last year versus how we're doing this year.

Our record says so too.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

Lonzo Ball

KCP

Brandon Ingram:

Josh Hart:

Kyle Kuzma:

Did he not mean improved from the beginning of the year? Like you stated?

I'm just isolating out some of the effect of Luke Walton vs the effect of Lebron James. Poster above seems to think Luke Walton is somehow the cause of the Lakers turnaround. I'm showing that essentially the Lakers are playing about the same (or even slightly worse) except now that the Lakers have Lebron their record is better.

Lebron ON/OFF court stats:

ON: MP 943, ORTG 115.3 DRTG 109.3, NET +6.0
OFF: MP 359, ORTG 111.3 DRTG 112.2, NET -0.9
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
epak wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

Sure he has crappy lineups and subs. But this fast pace offense, great defense of late, limiting LeBron's minutes should all be credited to Luke.

Even bringing a team like last year to 35 wins where we had no all-stars and where BI/Zo were injured for a good amount of games proves that Luke is more than a competent coach.
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Phil Jackson spotted at Lakers facility.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject:

PartyMan wrote:

Means little. Lebron has no time for Phil Jackson. Not since Jackson disrespected Lebron's business partners a couple of years ago.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:

Sure he has crappy lineups and subs. But this fast pace offense, great defense of late, limiting LeBron's minutes should all be credited to Luke.

Even bringing a team like last year to 35 wins where we had no all-stars and where BI/Zo were injured for a good amount of games proves that Luke is more than a competent coach.

His teams have routinely overachieved on defense. I mentioned this before but the '16-17 roster was solid defensively until we started blatantly tanking. The '17-'18 roster was quite good defensively. Now we're Top-10 with LeBron not even trying.

He deserves credit for that. Just get him an Alvin Gentry on offense
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
PartyMan wrote:

Means little. Lebron has no time for Phil Jackson. Not since Jackson disrespected Lebron's business partners a couple of years ago.

I know it means nothing. I bet he burned some sage in the locker room though.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
PartyMan wrote:

If Lance can dance after blowing kisses in Lebron's ear, I think Lebron can get over whatever beef he might have had with the winningest coach of all time.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
drae wrote:
PartyMan wrote:

If Lance can dance after blowing kisses in Lebron's ear, I think Lebron can get over whatever beef he might have had with the winningest coach of all time.

Who would be 74 years next year, long past his prime, and who's knowledge of basketball tactics would likely be outdated.

I wouldn't even entertain the idea of Phil as coach. There's no point living in the past, and Jackson is the past
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
drae wrote:
PartyMan wrote:

Who would be 74 years next year, long past his prime, and who's knowledge of basketball tactics would likely be outdated.

I wouldn't even entertain the idea of Phil as coach. There's no point living in the past, and Jackson is the past

Don't get me wrong. Phil is well past his NBA head coaching days. If anything, Phil should be brought in as a consultant.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
drae wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
drae wrote:
PartyMan wrote:

Don't get me wrong. Phil is well past his NBA head coaching days. If anything, Phil should be brought in as a consultant.

Luke regularly consults with him They have a close relationship.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
drae wrote:
PartyMan wrote:

Why should he? Phil isn’t part of Lebron’s world.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Knowing media will run with this and make this an unnecessary distraction to this team, Jeanie buss and magic should not have allowed Phil Jackson to visit the facility for any reason. I can’t think of a reason for this visit other than Phil being Phil trying to grab some media attention. As much as I wish Luke be gone, I’d pick him over Phil Jackson any day.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 651, 652, 653 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 652 of 818
Jump to: