For Those Who Missed It...Andrew Bynum #17 vs New York Knicks 16 PT EFFORT VIDEO + Rebound/Dunk Footage Inside! [Videos Inside]

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers Multimedia Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: For Those Who Missed It...Andrew Bynum #17 vs New York Knicks 16 PT EFFORT VIDEO + Rebound/Dunk Footage Inside! [Videos Inside]

K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject:

Thanx Masta
That Andrew dunk reminds me a lot of Shaq (during the Golden Days)
kobeodom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject:

sticky!
pawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject:

Thanks for this!
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject:

Thank you so much. Bynum is lookin' good in these video clips.
LongtimeLakerLover
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject:

That rocked, dude. Right on.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject:

Anyone that says the Lakers shouldn't have drafted Bynum needs to watch that video....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
qreus-76
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject:

I've been waiting for this. thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
El Ocho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject:

ok did anyone enjoy the dunk at the end by the little man? lol. i wish we could have drafted him instead of wafer. oh well.

Bynum looks like the real thing. give him 3 years.
LakerLegend
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject:

Thanks!
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject:

El Ocho wrote:
ok did anyone enjoy the dunk at the end by the little man? lol. i wish we could have drafted him instead of wafer. oh well.

The little man (wasn't that Nate Robinson?) was taken way earlier than Wafer. Some say he was taken too high.

HOT DAMN, Bynum looks like he's got potential to be a Duncan in Shaq's body.... Doesn't have Shaq's explosiveness at that age, but dude is looking fundamentally sound. I think he'll be ready to start in two years, and he may be a decent rotation player for us next year.

If there's one thing I'm giddy about, it's this kid. I hope we keep resisting the urge to throw this guy's potential away for a quick-fix player who can help us merely get to the playoffs this year.
dgrynch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject:

Thank you MasTaFUsion from all of us in The Lounge!!
glassbullet31
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject:

im real impressed with the footwork on some of the low post moves... reminds me a little of olajuwon.
koolruningz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Considering i have only seen one Laker game this season (an ugly loss in Philly) that site is a god send. I listen to every game but you cant beat seeing it for yourself, thanks.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
El Ocho wrote:

The little man (wasn't that Nate Robinson?) was taken way earlier than Wafer. Some say he was taken too high.

HOT DAMN, Bynum looks like he's got potential to be a Duncan in Shaq's body.... Doesn't have Shaq's explosiveness at that age, but dude is looking fundamentally sound. I think he'll be ready to start in two years, and he may be a decent rotation player for us next year.

If there's one thing I'm giddy about, it's this kid. I hope we keep resisting the urge to throw this guy's potential away for a quick-fix player who can help us merely get to the playoffs this year.

The improvement in footwork

Incredible how much he's improved, Pokoy. If you've seen clips of him in highschool and then now once again - you would think it had been 3 years.

But it's actually been just half a year of him being in the pro's.

The thing that sold me on this kid was when I saw how much lighter he can gotten in SPL. He worked his tail off to lose all that baby fat. He also wanted to be drafted by the Lakers - and that's ussually indicative of a player that has a vision/goal for himself.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject:

thanks so much! during the game, i was on a flight back to LA from NY, and it killed me that i missed bynum's performance.

wolf,

i agree about the kid's improvement. it's unbelievable. when i saw him in the SPL, you saw a gawky kid that depended strictly on his length. to see him catch, bump his defender and then go up strong is amazing! he already looks like a different player. his shooting touch is better. his footwork is better. at this rate, he should be a solid contributor off the bench by next season.
koolruningz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject:

One thing that shocked me is how huge Kwame is. I've only seen him in photos and its hard to gauge, but he dwarfed Curry in that video. If only he had Bynum's instincts and desire we'd be set at PF and center for a long while.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
pokoy wrote:
El Ocho wrote:

The improvement in footwork

Incredible how much he's improved, Pokoy. If you've seen clips of him in highschool and then now once again - you would think it had been 3 years.

But it's actually been just half a year of him being in the pro's.

The thing that sold me on this kid was when I saw how much lighter he can gotten in SPL. He worked his tail off to lose all that baby fat. He also wanted to be drafted by the Lakers - and that's ussually indicative of a player that has a vision/goal for himself.

Notice the up-fake in the post, step-through layup on Curry? A patented Hakeem Olajuwon move. The tap-it-to-yourself offensive rebound, to jumphook? Kareem.

The most odd thing I saw, was when he got the last and-1. He pointed at one of the players and talked some trash. For such a quiet and soft spoken guy, he's got a mean streak when on the court. I really didn't see that in him when we drafted him. I saw this very talented kid, who was just that, a kid on the court. Seemed to just "play" the game. I never saw him as a player that would "talk".

This is AT LEAST the 3rd time I've noticed this mean streak. First game of the season, versus Denver, he swatted someone, and as soon he swatted it, you could hear him scream "GET OUTTA HERE B----!!!" Then the Shaq game, where Bynum went RIGHT BACK AT HIM, dunked and gave him a shove to let him know that he's not your typical 7ft stiff. Then that finger point and trash talking to the Knick.

I absolutely LOVE this kid's game. He's got a thirst to score, loves to help his guys out on Defense, likes to make nice passes, a HUNGER to learn and just absorb all his teachings like a sponge, and loves to "go at" star players. The last Lakers rookie like that...Kobe Bryant. Bynum has star written all over him.

Just unbelieveable.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Also, one thing I think that is VERY unnoticed about Bynum's game, is his court-vision. He passes out of double-teams VERY well. Especially well for an 18 yr old ROOKIE C. Remember the "drop pass" out of the post to a cutting Bryant on the baseline earlier this year, against Denver I think it was?

His passing is just so underrated. In that Knicks highlight where he passes to a WIDE OPEN Sasha underneath the basket, I remember watching the game and thinking to myself, "Wait a couple seconds Bynum, just a couple more and Sasha WILL be open." I never thought he'd ACTUALLY try that pass. Let's be honest here, most of our guys on this team wouldn't have been able to read the D and have the "awareness" to notice that Sasha was open as quickly as Bynum did. Kobe, LO, Sasha and Luke. Maybe DG, as well.

Bynum just does everything well. As soon as he gets his conditioning down...LOOK OUT!!
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject:

The only glaring weakness in Bynum's game is his running up and down the court as well as his man defense.

Not that he's a bad man defender or matador but he's foul prone when playing defense and still doesn't know how to consistently man up.

But considering it took Bryant 3 years to become a good defender, and Shaq still isn't a good defender - I would say I can give Bynum a couple of years to develop that.

Everything else though - looks like it has a ton of upside.

Hands
Shotblocking
Rebounding
Court vision
Low post footwork

^
All impressive and significant improvement made.

And I agree MB - the guy has a great demeanor on the court.
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Bynum looks good so far...2 rebounds, 2 blocks vs Dallas
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject:

^
Those numbers aren't idicative of it, but it's my belief that had he played in the 2nd half for 6 minutes or so - the Lakers wouldn't have allowed more than 90 points.

Why?

How many baskets were scored just because Howard could get inside and shoot with ease?

Bynum puts a hand in his face there.

You know you're pathetic defensively inside when KVH is scoring on you from there.
orido86
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject:

tnx
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject:

np
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers Multimedia All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: