Kobe and the triangle offense
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravelo
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Kobe and the triangle offense

I don't think Kobe is a good fit for the triangle offense! Everyone always claims that the rest of the Lakers just stand around and watch Kobe when he gets the ball but what are they supposed to do? How many times does Kobe actually look for an open man when he gets the ball? HE DOESN'T! He tries to dribble through 2-3 defenders....he is always looking for HIS shot! The triangle is supposed to be effective when guys are cutting and whenever Kobe posts up he never hits the cutters! How many times have we seen the ball stop moving once Kobe gets it? 99.9% of the time!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I think Kobe is the best one on one player in the game but there are always 10 guys on the floor during game time!!! Four of which are Kobe's "teammates" but Kobe doesn't seem to care too much about them nor anyone else on the floor for that matter....When Kobe is on the floor it's all about KOBE BRYANT! It has sickened me to see what Kobe Bryant has done to the Laker organization!!!! I'm done!

Yes, you are. Bye, troll. - JD
junebug
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe and the triangle offense

ravelo wrote:
I don't think Kobe is a good fit for the triangle offense! Everyone always claims that the rest of the Lakers just stand around and watch Kobe when he gets the ball but what are they supposed to do? How many times does Kobe actually look for an open man when he gets the ball? HE DOESN'T! He tries to dribble through 2-3 defenders....he is always looking for HIS shot! The triangle is supposed to be effective when guys are cutting and whenever Kobe posts up he never hits the cutters! How many times have we seen the ball stop moving once Kobe gets it? 99.9% of the time!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I think Kobe is the best one on one player in the game but there are always 10 guys on the floor during game time!!! Four of which are Kobe's "teammates" but Kobe doesn't seem to care too much about them nor anyone else on the floor for that matter....When Kobe is on the floor it's all about KOBE BRYANT! It has sickened me to see what Kobe Bryant has done to the Laker organization!!!! I'm done!

If you didn't see Kobe pass, You were blind.
LoveLA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject:

why pass? they put up a bunch of air ball anyway.
If i'm Kobe, i'll shoot every time .
ravelo
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe and the triangle offense

quote]If you didn't see Kobe pass, You were blind. [/quote]

When did he pass?? Tell me when...Give me an actual play and tell me who he passed to....HAHAHAHA....YOU CAN'T!! You call me blind?? Do you not see what I said?? The ball stops moving 99.9% of the time when Kobe gets the ball!! That means that .01% of the time he does pass! I'll give you that. Come on man....Observe the game the right way and stop jocking on Kobe's *$&% and you would agree!!
junebug
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe and the triangle offense

ravelo wrote:
Quote:
If you didn't see Kobe pass, You were blind.

When did he pass?? Tell me when...Give me an actual play and tell me who he passed to....HAHAHAHA....YOU CAN'T!! You call me blind?? Do you not see what I said?? The ball stops moving 99.9% of the time when Kobe gets the ball!! That means that .01% of the time he does pass! I'll give you that. Come on man....Observe the game the right way and stop jocking on Kobe's *$&% and you would agree!!

You are hillarious.

Last edited by junebug on Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject:

Kobe didn't score this well in the Rudy three offense so the tri seems to be working just fine for Kobe.
ravelo
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
You are hillarious.

Thanks!
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject:

Near the end of the 2nd quarter, he drove the left lane, was shut off and passed around Smushes man to Smush in the corner for 3.

But, Kobe's passing skills are average. They get picked off a lot (teams play the passing lanes), and tend to be a little off the mark when he's being harrassed.

Kobe is best as a scorer not a passer.
ravelo
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Near the end of the 2nd quarter, he drove the left lane, was shut off and passed around Smushes man to Smush in the corner for 3.

But, Kobe's passing skills are average. They get picked off a lot (teams play the passing lanes), and tend to be a little off the mark when he's being harrassed.

Your right! That 0.01% is when he absolutely cannot get a shot off!! But...would you agree with me that Kobe is not a good fit for the triangle??
k083
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject:

The triangle needs a scorer, and Kobe provides scoring... The whole point of basketball to have the ball in the hands of the player with the best chance to score, and that player is Kobe Bryant 70% of the time.
B-Scott
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject:

actually sasha and George have had multipe oppurtunities from the 3 point line. Everytime the Lakers get in position to come back. They will be down by 6 or 7 points,Kobe will get double teamed,kick out to WIDE OPEN Sasha or George,and they Brick.

Had they made those big shots,Lakers would be within 3 points,and back in the game. Instead they CLANK,NO gets the rebound,Lakers down by 9 again.

The Chicago Bulls had guys who could shoot Bj armsrong John paxon Steve kerr,Toni Kukok. So if you doubled MJ,they would make you pay.Results- MJ had more 1 on 1 chances
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject:

ravelo wrote:
Quote:

Your right! That 0.01% is when he absolutely cannot get a shot off!! But...would you agree with me that Kobe is not a good fit for the triangle??

Kobe doesn't have the elite passing skills - like Nash might - to get this team to score reliably through passing because they shoot %30, haven't figured out where to get their shots, and aren't a big enough threat to keep the defense honest.
The Facilitator is never the Focus in the Triangle because the triangle works by passes creating open shots for scorers. Unless Kobe can pass to himself, it will never happen with this team. And, teams have to defend the ball and the focus of the offense. If the ball is always in the hands of the focus, then D becomes really simplistic.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject:

Tex Winter would disagree with you. He has made it clear that other than Pippen, Kobe has been his best student.

You talk about cutting.. these guys rarely do.. They are always on the perimeter.. Kobe passes plenty of times.. He can't make the shots for them.. These guys can't hit a shot to save their lives from the perimeter.. We don't have a good presence inside either with Kwame not being able to catch a fricking pass or hit a layup.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe and the triangle offense

ravelo wrote:
quote]If you didn't see Kobe pass, You were blind.

When did he pass?? Tell me when...Give me an actual play and tell me who he passed to....HAHAHAHA....YOU CAN'T!! You call me blind?? Do you not see what I said?? The ball stops moving 99.9% of the time when Kobe gets the ball!! That means that .01% of the time he does pass! I'll give you that. Come on man....Observe the game the right way and stop jocking on Kobe's *$&% and you would agree!![/quote]

Actually during the game last night, Stu made mention of the fact that if Kobe's teammates could hit their wide open looks, Kobe would have had 15 assists. In fact Kobe had 5 assists for the game. So he was most definitely passing
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject:

^ agreed.. your best scorer can't also be the main facilitator in this offense.
ravelo
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject:

Oh so Kobe never bricks??? Last time I checked Kobe was only shooting 45% which means 55% of the time he bricks also! Actually, Lamar, Mihm, Smush, Cook, and Kwame all shoot at a higher percentage but he doesn't look for them!!!!
junebug
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject:

ravelo wrote:
Oh so Kobe never bricks??? Last time I checked Kobe was only shooting 45% which means 55% of the time he bricks also! Actually, Lamar, Mihm, Smush, Cook, and Kwame all shoot at a higher percentage but he doesn't look for them!!!!

When did people say Kobe never miss the shoot? :roll:
k083
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject:

ravelo wrote:

Did anyone say Kobe never misses? 45% is not a bad percentage for a modern wing scorer.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject:

Kobe shoots 45% with two, three guys on him.. If you actually WATCHED a game or two, you would see how many WIDE OPEN bricks the other guys lay.

Lamar is passive with or without Kobe.

They don't look for Kwame because of his inability to catch a pass.

And if you watch the game, Kobe is the one always looking for Cook and George.

I do agree that Mihm needs to be involved more.. Kobe should look for him.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject:

tex winter says that kobe deeply understands his system... ravelo thinks that kobe doesn't fit... who do you think better knows the triangle and kobe: tex winter or ravelo?...
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject:

Kobe rates in the top ten of shooting guards in assists. In fact, he's #8. He's nearly an assist a game better than Ray Allen and Rip Hamilton. Nobody seems to complain about them. SGs are primarily scorers. Kobe scores more than any other SG, or any other player for that matter.
k083
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject:

8750 wrote:
tex winter says that kobe deeply understands his system... ravelo thinks that kobe doesn't fit... who do you think better knows the triangle and kobe: tex winter or ravelo?...

Obviously ravelo... he sounds so confident.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe and the triangle offense

ravelo wrote:

Thanks for proving your ignorance troll. Tex Winter, the mastermind behind the triangle, has said NUMEROUS times that Kobe is the ULTIMATE triangle player. Maybe the fact that KOBE is having teh greatest scoring season WITHIN the triangle should prove something to you.

Nah, ignorance is bliss.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject:

It's funny... Kobe is having to guide his teammates on the triangle almost every trip down the court, where to go, etc. He is having to be the facilitator, the main scorer, a coach at the same time. Tex Winter has commented how Lamar seems to be a very slow learner.. nevermind the other teammates who have even less ability than him.

This is the same guy who during the playoffs during the threepeat watched game tape after game tape finding areas in which his other VETERAN players can take advantage of in the triangle.. Kobe knows the triangle and plays in it just fine.. in fact, he plays better in the triangle than an offense like last year when it was set plays and isos all over the place.
dries
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject:

Kobe's doing just fine
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: