Arrange a Lineup with Our Squad
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobeodom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Arrange a Lineup with Our Squad

Our team right now is terrible, but the way we play is partly because Phil is putting crap in our rotations (like Walton). So I was wondering, with our lineup right now, assuming everyone could play, what lineup would you like to see?

Here's my eight-player roster. Each player has an offensive role, a projected amount of minutes he would need on-court to make an impact, and projected stats, that assume he play the amount of estimated minutes on his role on offense.

Sasha Vujacic
Position: Starting PG
Role: Catch-and Shoot Role Player
Minutes: 25-30
Projected Stats: 10-4-2

Kobe Bryant
Position: Starting SG
Role: Wing Attacker
Minutes: 40-45
Projected Stats: 38-4-4

Lamar Odom
Position: Starting SF
Role: Initiator
Minutes: 35-40
Projected Stats: 14-8-6

Ronny Turiaf
Position: Starting PF
Role: Banger
Projected Stats: 10-6-2

Chris Mihm
Position: Starting C
Role: Go-To Post Role Player
Projected Stats: 12-8-2

Smush Parker
Position: Backup PG/SG
Role: Scoring Spark Off the Bench
Minutes: 15-20
Projected Stats: 8-2-2

Devean George
Position: Backup SF/PF
Role: Wing Attacker
Minutes: 20-25
Projected Stats: 8-4-2

Brian Cook
Position: Backup C
Role: Catch-and-Shoot Role Player
Minutes: 10-15
Projected Stats: 6-4-2

Lineup:
Vujacic/Parker
Bryant/Parker
Odom/George
Turiaf/George
Mihm/Cook

I made this fairly fast, and there are lots of flaws or unreasonable statistics. Although, I think if we could follow this format of a lineup, we could win more games than we currently are. What do you think?
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Unworkable.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject:

At least yours is reasonable. I'm glad you didn't put Bynum because he is only good in spurts. He is only 18 years old after all.
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject:

i like it...but id like bynum to back up at center a lil more...that kid has a lot of size in the middle and plays good D
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject:

George/Parker
Kobe/Vujacic
Odom/Parker.... When Parker is in for Odom,George shifts over to the 3....
kwame/Cook/Turiaf
Mihm/Bynum/Kwame

For about 24 minutes of the game I would have George at the 1.......I would go with a "match up zone"Mostly at the start and end of the halves.....he is long,and I believe can harrass the opposing 1's.....At least for half the game......I cant see it hurt more than what has been taking place,plus George could actually get us 15 or so in 33 to 36 minutes,(and if left open while teams triple Kobe,he can can most of his open shots)board well,and play sound "D",along with giving us lots of those intangibles that do not show up in the box score.....But will he even still be here two weeks from now......?

Parker can back up both George and Odom,play about 24 to 27 minutes a game,be a spark off of the bench,and hopefully continue to grow and become more consistant with time.........

Odom must be more aggressive on "O" and the Lakers should call about 3 to 4 iso's for him a game.....get him those shots.....make teams think of him more.......This too can help open things up for Kobe.......

Sasha can back Kobe up for 6 to 8 minutes a game.....possibly getting a few more behind George at times.......he has made great strides this season from last......and must continue to do so........

Kwame must play 30 to 33 minutes.....play the "D" he is capable of,and take 10 to 12 shots,become more offensive minded,he can score 12 to 16 per night with 8 to 10 boards with a regular 30 to 33 minutes,no more in and out for spurts......Plus the Lakers should feed him the ball,let him go at it,at least give it a shot,if no good,then no pay in 07' from the Lakers........He seems to have talent,but it's locked away,you can see this,but he needs to find a way to hang onto the ball,can he? Time will tell......

Mihm:...... Play him 30 to 33 minutes.....very nice strides this season......Hopefully the shoulder wil not slow him down too much,and he gets back sooner than later........His better play may cost us from keeping him beyond next season........but we shall see,perhaps still worth keeping then for a fair contract......But I think others will come knocking with better offers......

Turiaf & Cook....... Pick and choose,depending on situations,two different styles.....PJAX can choose who he needs with certain situations.....With Kwame and Mihm getting 30 to 33 minutes each,there will be about 30 to 36 minutes for Turiaf,Cook,and Bynum to share.........

Bynum should get 6 to 9 minutes a night,gain experience and confidence.......I think he will be a good scorer,but a great defender,shot block/intimidator,and excellent rebounder.......keep him unless Lebron is offered for him........I think he is a true center two years from now,and a good back-up next season.......

And Kobe..............Just put it into Strike mode......Just be Kobe....
CorkyTomjanovich
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject:

I would like to see-

Sasha
Kobe
Odom
Mihm
Bynum

At one point as I think it would be our best defensive squad.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Bynum is good in spurts. But I don't think he's ready for 20-30 minutes yet. I don't care what I've seen. Yes he has done some great things. But he's only 18, and I won't expect much out of him for at until at least 2008.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject:

pg: odom
sg: george
sf: kobe
pf: cook
c: mihm
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:

odom guards nash,parker,chris paul?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
da ocho wrote:

odom is our pg right now and doesn't guard those guys. kobe and george could do their best. who do you suggest?
baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
da ocho wrote:

you might as well put george on them, he has to do better than smush who just gambles, kobe get the shooting guard, and odom guard the small forward. Then run that lineup on offense, don't know how the other team defends that. Might be good in spurts.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Kobe/smush
George/sasha
Odom/luke
Kwame/cook
Mihm/bynum
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:

Speedy PG blitzes past Odom or George; meanwhile a gust of wind blows Cook down, leaving Mihm to collect the foul. Kobe spikes ball into the stands collecting the technical, while Von Wafer sits on the sidelines, licking his chops in hopes that Mr. 81 soon gets another T. Behind the scenes Mitch Kupchak is busy scouting his next prospect, an ugly Euro guy who bears a striking resemblance to Slava.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Vlade wrote:
da ocho wrote:

Speedy PG blitzes past Odom or George; meanwhile a gust of wind blows Cook down, leaving Mihm to collect the foul. Kobe spikes ball into the stands collecting the technical, while Von Wafer sits on the sidelines, licking his chops in hopes that Mr. 81 soon gets another T. Behind the scenes Mitch Kupchak is busy scouting his next prospect, an ugly Euro guy who bears a striking resemblance to Slava.

...so smush tries it instead. he gambles on the steal and doesn't get it, so the quicker guard gets by him anyway. so instead phil tries to insert sasha into the lineup to guard the smaller guards and they blow by him anyway. except this time sasha hacks them on the way letting them get to the line and make every free throw. on offense, sasha misses open shot after open shot.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
Vlade wrote:
da ocho wrote:

...so smush tries it instead. he gambles on the steal and doesn't get it, so the quicker guard gets by him anyway. so instead phil tries to insert sasha into the lineup to guard the smaller guards and they blow by him anyway. except this time sasha hacks them on the way letting them get to the line and make every free throw. on offense, sasha misses open shot after open shot.

damn, between the two of you, it feels like i'm watching yesterday's game all over again.

the only part you forgot is:

"sasha is staying close to his man, trying to prevent him from getting the ball. his man brushes past sasha to get open, and sasha flies to the floor, slides all the way to the bench, trying to draw the offensive foul. he then gets up, looking like he's about to cry, upset at the ref that he didn't see that terrible "offensive foul."

sometimes things are so bad all you can do is laugh.

seriously though, trying to patch together a SOLID line-up out of this squad ain't happening.

i'd stick with the starters as they are.
loyola66
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject:

smush/sasha
kobe/b cook
odom/devean
turiaf/brown
mihm/bynum
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject:

:roll:

I love Turiaf from all I've heard and from the SPL.

But the guy hasn't played an NBA minute.

There might just be a reason he wasn't a lotto pick last summer.

How about seeing him on NBA hardwood before we pencil him in as a starter?
stojan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject:

gotta agree theres no way u people seriously believe turiaf will start for the lakers anytime soon or even get any significnat minutes.

i personally think hell be a good role player from the bench and thats about it, the hype and attention surronding him has probably led a few of u to think he is good player but seriously just to see him play after what his gone through is good enough for me.

"I don't have the first clue who he is talking about, because all I worry about is Jerome."
Nahtanoj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject:

Mihm/Kwame/Bynum
Kwame/Odom/Cook
Odom/George/Walton
K o b e B r y a n t
Parker/Vujacic/McKie

Last edited by Nahtanoj on Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject:

Sasha/Smush
Kobe/Smush
George/Cook
Odom/Turiaf
Mihm/Bynum
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject:

CorkyTomjanovich wrote:
I would like to see-

Sasha
Kobe
Odom
Mihm
Bynum

At one point as I think it would be our best defensive squad.

I was thinking the same thing. On Offense put Bunum on the low post and Mihm on the high post. I don't lnow how dependable Mihms midrange is but if MIhm misses, Bynum should have a good chance of getting the rebound since it looks like he is not soft in the paint.Mihm following his shot and crashings boards wouldn't hurt either. Mihm is pretty soft under the basket, He may be better if he has a running start to the hoop. It should be worth a try for a couple of games. Kwame can come in to relieve Bynum or Mihm.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject:

kobeodom's lineup is as good as any, right now... Ever since the end of the 80's Showtime Era, I've felt that the Lakers were like a bunch of hired mercenaries, brought together, in a "patchwork" fashion... It's a sign of the times...

The Lakers have been forced to get whatever players they can, and do the best, with what they got... Whatever evil Shaq caused, it was balanced by the way he helped us win those 3 championships... Now, we can see just how lucky we were in getting the big oaf.... Back in the day, we were also very lucky in having Harper, Fisher, and Shaw... We have to find players that will bring us those elements, factors, or needs, whatever you want to call them, that we lost - after the "3 Peat Era" ended. We need to find the formula/combination that works.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject:

kobe_somebody_odom wrote:
Sasha/Smush
Kobe/Smush
George/Cook
Odom/Turiaf
Mihm/Bynum

Cook at SF?

He has enough problems guarding PFs.
Nahtanoj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject:

He has problems just guarding period.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject:

I like

Kwame
George
Sasha
Kobe
Smush

Should work as George defends the PF better then Cook.

Thus assuming Odom and Mihm are injured.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: