There is almost NO way we can get a second option without giving up LO...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Possibility of obtaining a 2nd option WHILE keeping Lamar?
Very possible...teams will take our trade bait for a good player...
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
No way in HECK!!! LO MUST go!!!
53%
 53%  [ 32 ]
We don't need a 2nd option...keep LO at all cost...
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Just keep LO and hope for a B Diddy/VC type miracle...
20%
 20%  [ 12 ]
I'd take Danny Granger over LO any day!
11%
 11%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 60

THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject:

kells1220, see, that makes sense to me as well. Stop demanding any one player outside of Kobe be that kind of responsible. The tri needs 5 guys who can execute at the proper time to beggin with...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject:

RG - T-Mac ring a bell?

You asked me which RFA - Well T-Mac jumped ship and forced his way out of the Raptors.

So act like you know what the (bleep) you are talking about with the CBA, all FA's re-signing etc but you don't.

There is noway you can predict the future thoughts of FA's

We are the franchise that got Shaq to jump ship. We are the franchise that got Karl Malone and Gary Payton to come here for a combined 6 million.

I'll take my chances with the other FA's considering LA's market and how much these guys will make in endorsements too (Also LA will offer the max only a year less)

Whether you like it or not - you better deal with the facts. The Lakers have a capplan. Accept it and move on or be miserable and sulk - it's up to you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject:

At the rate Mihm and Bynum have been improving, it is quite possible that the Lakers will get a second option without giving up Lamar Odom. Mihm and Bynum have the potentilal to become the second option without any trades.
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject:

So are you saying that the Lakers don't need to make any changes to their roster, angel? If Lakers have to count on Mihm or Drew to be their "second option", I don't think the Lakers will be sucessful. The Lakers need shooters.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject:

kells1220 wrote:
So are you saying that the Lakers don't need to make any changes to their roster, angel? If Lakers have to count on Mihm or Drew to be their "second option", I don't think the Lakers will be sucessful. The Lakers need shooters.

No.

He said that the Lakers might not need to find a 2nd option. Not that they don't anything else at all.

Shooting "1" is still a big need on this team.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject:

K, I miss interpreted. Thanks
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
What's worse is the idiots who moan about Odom being worthless, yet they expect Odom to get high value from other teams. At least stay consistent you whiny (bleep).

Well of course we could think that Odom is not the right fit for this team, but other teams can be fooled as well as anyone who thinks Odom is going to start playing some quality ball. His "potential" will never die.
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
RG - T-Mac ring a bell?

You asked me which RFA - Well T-Mac jumped ship and forced his way out of the Raptors.

No he didn't, you just made that up. The Raptors didn't want to pay him, Orlando did.

Quote:
So act like you know what the (bleep) you are talking about with the CBA, all FA's re-signing etc but you don't.

Then why are you BS'ing everyone into thinking that the 2007 FA market is the Lakers' best bet when 1) real good impact players nearly always go to the highest bidder (Raptors in Bosh's case, Cavs in LeBron's case, etc.) and 2) Kupchak has one of the worst track records in the league in FA pickups (George, Vlade, and McKie for the MLE, Payton/Malone falling into his lap).

Quote:
We are the franchise that got Shaq to jump ship.

Actually no, the Lakers were willing to scrap the team and offer him more than Orlando was willing to. And the Lakers had Jerry West then. They have Mitch Kupchak now. Yeah, slightly different track records there.

Quote:
We are the franchise that got Karl Malone and Gary Payton to come here for a combined 6 million.

Right, so we might as well hope for a miracle then.

Btw, both Payton and Malone came because of Shaq and Kobe. They wouldn't have come to Mihm and Kobe.

Quote:
I'll take my chances with the other FA's considering LA's market and how much these guys will make in endorsements too (Also LA will offer the max only a year less)

Lakers can't offer as much as Toronto can to Bosh or the Cavs can to James. It's fact, deal with it. LeBron will resign with the Cavs, just as Yao and Amare resigned with their teams. There's an outside chance at Bosh considering the disorganization of that franchise, their horrible record that doesn't look to get any better, and a recently installed GM.

Quote:
Whether you like it or not - you better deal with the facts. The Lakers have a capplan. Accept it and move on or be miserable and sulk - it's up to you.

LMAO, "facts". You have idea what the meaning of this word is.

Freaking kids these days.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
RG - T-Mac ring a bell?

No he didn't, you just made that up. The Raptors didn't want to pay him, Orlando did.

So what do you expect? That's how teams get players who are restricted free agents. The same happened with Andre Miller when the Clippers didn't match him. Does it really matter that the Raptors didn't want him? The fact is that RFAs have been able to leave their teams, albeit rarely.

Quote:
Quote:

Then why are you BS'ing everyone into thinking that the 2007 FA market is the Lakers' best bet when 1) real good impact players nearly always go to the highest bidder (Raptors in Bosh's case, Cavs in LeBron's case, etc.) and 2) Kupchak has one of the worst track records in the league in FA pickups (George, Vlade, and McKie for the MLE, Payton/Malone falling into his lap).

I'm sorry, but didn't he give an example where T-Mac left his team, even though the Raptors could pay him the most? What about Steve Nash? He left the Mavs as a free agent and joined the Suns. So even if they nearly always go to the highest bidder, you should have bolded nearly since it's not always the case. So the idea that RG is trying to pass his predictions of the future as concrete, solid, indisputable evidence that the 2007 plan is not going to work is laughable.

Quote:
Quote:
We are the franchise that got Shaq to jump ship.

Actually no, the Lakers were willing to scrap the team and offer him more than Orlando was willing to. And the Lakers had Jerry West then. They have Mitch Kupchak now. Yeah, slightly different track records there.

So? Who cares how the Lakers did it to get Shaq? Lakers have a plan in place and they're ready to scrap the team, ie, not picking Kwame's option and trading Odom in 2007, to get the player they want. And who cares if the Lakers had West back then? He's no longer here. Get over it. He's with the Grizzlies right now and they haven't done jack either with West there.

Quote:
Quote:
We are the franchise that got Karl Malone and Gary Payton to come here for a combined 6 million.

Right, so we might as well hope for a miracle then.

Btw, both Payton and Malone came because of Shaq and Kobe. They wouldn't have come to Mihm and Kobe.

And now you're talking about miracles? WTF? No one said anything about miracles. At least try not to sound so absurd by bringing lame points such as "miracles" happening.

With Payton and Malone, they came because of Shaq and Kobe. But the 2007 plan's purpose is to make cap space, ie, more money available, to get a free agent. So more money, a star in Kobe, a HOF coach in Phil, and a storied franchise in the Lakers will entice a player to join the team. So don't act like the Lakers wouldn't be in a good position to sign a free agent if we had the money.

Quote:
Quote:

Lakers can't offer as much as Toronto can to Bosh or the Cavs can to James. It's fact, deal with it. LeBron will resign with the Cavs, just as Yao and Amare resigned with their teams. There's an outside chance at Bosh considering the disorganization of that franchise, their horrible record that doesn't look to get any better, and a recently installed GM.

Whether or not it happens remains to be seen. Wasn't Sky the guy who said that Stromile Swift would go to no team for less than $8 million and he went to the Rockets for the MLE? So don't try to cement the future as certain especially with over a year of time left till the actual situation comes up.

Quote:
Quote:

LMAO, "facts". You have idea what the meaning of this word is.

Freaking kids these days.

The fact is that this is the team and you better deal with it. The fact is that the 2007 cap space plan is in place and you better deal with it. Not sure what else you're expecting the word "facts" to mean. wolf made a good point and pointed out that that is the fact of reality. If you're going to come up with an argument against that, at least make an argument, rather than an inane comment about "facts".
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject:

I would like to get 2 stud role guys for LO and sign a 2nd option with our space. i hardly think LO will get us "That GUY" we need
lakerzpimp08
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject:

we should rename the topic, no one is gonna take lamar and give us a legit 2nd option. his value has plummeted lately and he is grossly overpaid. the only thing we can get in return would be another overpaid player. if we package bynum along with odom then yes we may be able to get a legit 2nd option.

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards... Checkmate!"

I'm the man with no name... Zapp Brannigan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
So what do you expect? That's how teams get players who are restricted free agents. The same happened with Andre Miller when the Clippers didn't match him. Does it really matter that the Raptors didn't want him? The fact is that RFAs have been able to leave their teams, albeit rarely.

Not only rarely, but they have to be willing to pay that player more than any other team. Likelyhood of picking up an impact FA like Tmac or anyone of that sort is slim to none. Amare and Yao are already gone, LeBron will be soon barring a miracle, with the only shot being a long-shot in Chris Bosh.

Quote:
Quote:

I'm sorry, but didn't he give an example where T-Mac left his team, even though the Raptors could pay him the most?

Did you read what I wrote? Tmac went where the money was. The extent of Hill's injury weren't known at the time and there were strong rumors that Duncan was considering going to the Magic. He had the money and players in his favor. All the Lakers have is Kobe.

Quote:
What about Steve Nash? He left the Mavs as a free agent and joined the Suns. So even if they nearly always go to the highest bidder, you should have bolded nearly since it's not always the case.

Say what? I said nearly always, it doesn't matter what I bolded or italicized, now you're just needlessly nitpicking.

Quote:
So the idea that RG is trying to pass his predictions of the future as concrete, solid, indisputable evidence that the 2007 plan is not going to work is laughable.

What's laughable more than wolf ignoring NBA history is that now you're doing the same. Steve Nash went to the highest bidder. So did Tmac. So did Yao. So did Amare. So did Shaq. These are the facts, they're indisputable.

Quote:
So? Who cares how the Lakers did it to get Shaq?

What? Are you listening to yourself? How does the process by which it takes to acquire a marquee FA not important? Hello, anyone home?

The Lakers offered more than the Magic were willing to offer. That's fact. They also had to gut the team to accomodate him, and they had Jerry West during the negotiations, not Mitch Kupchak. Based on history, that is a large, no, HUGE difference you must account for. To acquire said marquee 2007 FA, the Lakers will have to hope that other teams don't offer their marquee players as much as the Lakers do, and secondly, they'll have to hope that Mitch Kupchak's track record doesn't continue on its current (current course = garbage GM).

Quote:
Lakers have a plan in place and they're ready to scrap the team, ie, not picking Kwame's option and trading Odom in 2007, to get the player they want.

Oy, these Laker fans who pretend to know what management is thinking are funny. When did the Laker FO come out and say they would be willing to trade Odom in 07 to open up a max slot for a FA? I'd love to see that quote. I know you don't have it, don't worry.

Quote:
And who cares if the Lakers had West back then? He's no longer here. Get over it.

Are you mentally challenged? Jerry West is one of the greatest GMs of all time, Mitch Kupchak is not, not even close. My statements here are based on indisputable facts; the history of both GM's FA pickups, drafts, and trades. Explain how that massive difference is not important in planning to pick up an 07 FA?

Quote:
He's with the Grizzlies right now and they haven't done jack either with West there.

Haven't done jack? They went from a lottery team to a 50 win team in one season.

Honest question; did you watch or follow NBA basketball before this season?

Quote:
And now you're talking about miracles? WTF? No one said anything about miracles. At least try not to sound so absurd by bringing lame points such as "miracles" happening.

How often do two HOFer's sign for well below market value.

Yes, a miracle. Look it up.

Quote:
With Payton and Malone, they came because of Shaq and Kobe. But the 2007 plan's purpose is to make cap space, ie, more money available, to get a free agent. So more money, a star in Kobe, a HOF coach in Phil, and a storied franchise in the Lakers will entice a player to join the team. So don't act like the Lakers wouldn't be in a good position to sign a free agent if we had the money.

I'm honestly wondering if you've read anything I've written.

Quote:
Whether or not it happens remains to be seen.

True, but based on history, the facts, the Lakers probably aren't going to get their FA in 2007. Maybe they get a good one, but not the great one they'll need to win titles. Which is the only goal here.

Quote:
Wasn't Sky the guy who said that Stromile Swift would go to no team for less than $8 million and he went to the Rockets for the MLE?

5 year MLE, $30M+ in addition to a bonus or two. Not cheap.

Quote:
So don't try to cement the future as certain especially with over a year of time left till the actual situation comes up.

I never cemented anything, I simply listed a bunch of facts and the best you've been able to come up with is "Who cares that Jerry West is gone" and "Look at Steve Nash, he left Dallas", as if that proves your point (since you're obviously not aware, Mark Cuban was not willing to pay Nash, but the Suns were, and now Nash is a Sun).

Quote:
The fact is that this is the team and you better deal with it.

Thanks for telling me absolutely nothing here, in addition to it being completely irrelavent.

Quote:
The fact is that the 2007 cap space plan is in place and you better deal with it. Not sure what else you're expecting the word "facts" to mean. wolf made a good point and pointed out that that is the fact of reality. If you're going to come up with an argument against that, at least make an argument, rather than an inane comment about "facts".

I'd like to let you know this whole post of yours was easily the saddest attempt at a rebuttal that I've ever seen. Congrats.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject:

lakerzpimp08 wrote:
we should rename the topic, no one is gonna take lamar and give us a legit 2nd option. his value has plummeted lately and he is grossly overpaid. the only thing we can get in return would be another overpaid player. if we package bynum along with odom then yes we may be able to get a legit 2nd option.

And that's the worst thing you can do for this team. No way does the team trade Odom and Bynum for only a 2nd option. If any trade involves Bynum and Odom, it must be a superstar player. Nothing less.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
lakerzpimp08 wrote:

And that's the worst thing you can do for this team. No way does the team trade Odom and Bynum for only a 2nd option. If any trade involves Bynum and Odom, it must be a superstar player. Nothing less.

you cant. say you keep Lo. 12 mil Kobe $$$$$$$$$ 2nd option 9-12mil. Whos has to go
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:
Zhengi wrote:

Not only rarely, but they have to be willing to pay that player more than any other team. Likelyhood of picking up an impact FA like Tmac or anyone of that sort is slim to none. Amare and Yao are already gone, LeBron will be soon barring a miracle, with the only shot being a long-shot in Chris Bosh.

Dude, seriously, stop while you're behind. Learn the CBA. Seriously. You don't even know what you are talking about when you come up with that comment about willing to pay that player more than any other team. At this point, you're just typing to see yourself type. At least try to understand the situations that arise for an RFA player to leave his team.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm sorry, but didn't he give an example where T-Mac left his team, even though the Raptors could pay him the most?

Did you read what I wrote? Tmac went where the money was. The extent of Hill's injury weren't known at the time and there were strong rumors that Duncan was considering going to the Magic. He had the money and players in his favor. All the Lakers have is Kobe.

Yeah, and what about Andre Miller? What about Odom? There are players who manage to leave their teams. Again, this goes back to understanding the CBA. If the Raptors wanted to keep TMac, they could have kept him. But the fact of the matter is that an RFA like TMac was able to force his way out. That's the way an RFA does it.

As for all that BS about Duncan going to the Magic, Duncan said he was going to resign with the Spurs even before TMac had the Raptors work out a deal to the Magic. Heck, all the Lakers have is Kobe? You're talking about Kobe as if he wasn't one of the top players in the league along with Duncan. That's just dumb.

Quote:
Quote:
What about Steve Nash? He left the Mavs as a free agent and joined the Suns. So even if they nearly always go to the highest bidder, you should have bolded nearly since it's not always the case.

Say what? I said nearly always, it doesn't matter what I bolded or italicized, now you're just needlessly nitpicking.

If you don't want people to nitpick, then you shouldn't nitpick your own posts by bolding and italicizing stuff. Otherwise, what's the point if you won't even back up your emphasizing of your own posts.

Quote:
Quote:
So the idea that RG is trying to pass his predictions of the future as concrete, solid, indisputable evidence that the 2007 plan is not going to work is laughable.

What's laughable more than wolf ignoring NBA history is that now you're doing the same. Steve Nash went to the highest bidder. So did Tmac. So did Yao. So did Amare. So did Shaq. These are the facts, they're indisputable.

So are you saying that the Lakers can't be bidders? They'll have cap space with Brian Grant's contract ending and the possibility of opting out of Kwame's contract. What's even more funny is that you're trying to predict what other teams will do and which players they are going to bid on.

Seriously, answer this question. How do you know the Lakers won't outbid other teams? I'll say one thing, the Lakers won't outbid anyone if they didn't have the 2007 cap plan, which all of you people hate. So it's a lot better to have the possibility of cap space than not trying to get that impact player like some of you are suggesting.

Quote:
Quote:
So? Who cares how the Lakers did it to get Shaq?

What? Are you listening to yourself? How does the process by which it takes to acquire a marquee FA not important? Hello, anyone home?

The Lakers offered more than the Magic were willing to offer. That's fact. They also had to gut the team to accomodate him, and they had Jerry West during the negotiations, not Mitch Kupchak. Based on history, that is a large, no, HUGE difference you must account for. To acquire said marquee 2007 FA, the Lakers will have to hope that other teams don't offer their marquee players as much as the Lakers do, and secondly, they'll have to hope that Mitch Kupchak's track record doesn't continue on its current (current course = garbage GM).

It's not important because every situation is different.

But let me turn the question around to you. How would the Lakers have gotten Shaq if they didn't have any cap space? So if you're suggesting the Lakers try to get an FA like Shaq, wouldn't the Lakers need cap space, that same thing that you're arguing against? Funny how you guys don't think.

As for all that other stuff, you have to understand that the CBA is completely different. But we already established that you don't know anything about the current CBA, so anymore would just confuse you.

Quote:
Quote:
Lakers have a plan in place and they're ready to scrap the team, ie, not picking Kwame's option and trading Odom in 2007, to get the player they want.

Oy, these Laker fans who pretend to know what management is thinking are funny. When did the Laker FO come out and say they would be willing to trade Odom in 07 to open up a max slot for a FA? I'd love to see that quote. I know you don't have it, don't worry.

Oy, these Laker fans who try to predict the future and say that this and this will happen and won't budge. It's even funnier that they pretend to know what an entire NBA league, its players, and every situation will entail.

As for trading Odom in 2007, it's speculation on my part. There is already enough money for the Lakers to pick up an impact player. Trading Odom at that time would only be for facilitating trades to another team and having cap space will help that if we want to get any of the RFAs. Lakers can also use the cap space to compensate for BYC status of players. So instead of ranting about how bad the cap space plan is, think first as to why the Lakers are doing it. If anything, I trust the Lakers' FO knowledge more than yours.

Quote:
Quote:
And who cares if the Lakers had West back then? He's no longer here. Get over it.

Are you mentally challenged? Jerry West is one of the greatest GMs of all time, Mitch Kupchak is not, not even close. My statements here are based on indisputable facts; the history of both GM's FA pickups, drafts, and trades. Explain how that massive difference is not important in planning to pick up an 07 FA?

And again, I ask you, WTF has Jerry West done for the Grizzlies? If anything, Jerry West's major contributions were to the 2000 version of the Lakers. He was handed the Showtime Lakers and he almost messed it up. History is favorable to Jerry West, and I love the guy, but some of you act like he's God. Jerry West has made some very bad mistakes as well, and almost made some seriously bad ones too if there weren't other people to keep him in check.

Quote:
Quote:
He's with the Grizzlies right now and they haven't done jack either with West there.

Haven't done jack? They went from a lottery team to a 50 win team in one season.

Honest question; did you watch or follow NBA basketball before this season?

They haven't done jack. That team that went on to become a 50 win team was already there. The only genius move that Jerry West made was picking up Hubie Brown as the coach. So honest question back to you, did you watch the Grizzlies before Jerry West went there? And here's another one, where are the Grizzlies now? What moves has Jerry West made to put them into contenders for the championship? Answer, none. They're right there back where they were last year, and the year before. The 6th seed in the West. I thought you wanted the Lakers to be better than that. What can Jerry West do to make us better when his own current team isn't that much better than our team right now?

Quote:
Quote:

How often do two HOFer's sign for well below market value.

Yes, a miracle. Look it up.

Magic Johnson did it when he came back to the Lakers in 95. Michael Jordan did it when he return to the Wizards. Zo, a possible future HOF, did it with the Miami Heat. So I wouldn't classify it as a miracle.

Quote:
Quote:

I'm honestly wondering if you've read anything I've written.

I would answer in the same way if I had nothing to challenge an argument that just pwned me.

Quote:
Quote:
Whether or not it happens remains to be seen.

True, but based on history, the facts, the Lakers probably aren't going to get their FA in 2007. Maybe they get a good one, but not the great one they'll need to win titles. Which is the only goal here.

Quote:
Wasn't Sky the guy who said that Stromile Swift would go to no team for less than $8 million and he went to the Rockets for the MLE?

5 year MLE, $30M+ in addition to a bonus or two. Not cheap.

Yeah, but since the point flew over your head, I'll try t.o. t.y.p.e s.l.o.w.e.r s.o y.o.u c.a.n g.e.t i.t. S.k.y w.a.s w.r.o.n.g e.v.e.n t.h.o.u.g.h h.e w.a.s 1.0.0.% c.e.r.t.a.i.n t.h.a.t S.w.i.f.t w.o.u.l.d o.n.l.y g.o t.o a t.e.a.m t.h.a.t w.o.u.l.d o.f.f.e.r h.i.m t.h.e m.o.s.t m.o.n.e.y.

Quote:
Quote:
So don't try to cement the future as certain especially with over a year of time left till the actual situation comes up.

I never cemented anything, I simply listed a bunch of facts and the best you've been able to come up with is "Who cares that Jerry West is gone" and "Look at Steve Nash, he left Dallas", as if that proves your point (since you're obviously not aware, Mark Cuban was not willing to pay Nash, but the Suns were, and now Nash is a Sun).

Those were some bad facts. How does Steve Nash leave Dallas? A team with cap space signed him. How do you expect the Lakers to get such a player without cap space? Answer that question. And that statement about Mark Cuban. Irrelevant. Unless your psychic powers for seeing the future are telling you that every freaking owner in the NBA will willing pay their players. I definitely doubt that. Even Mark Cuban and Paul Allen, two billionaires with NBA teams, stopped paying players all the money they demanded. So once more, it's laughable how your "facts" about the future are so concrete and there are no other possibilities that can happen.

Quote:
Quote:
The fact is that this is the team and you better deal with it.

Thanks for telling me absolutely nothing here, in addition to it being completely irrelavent.

Quote:
The fact is that the 2007 cap space plan is in place and you better deal with it. Not sure what else you're expecting the word "facts" to mean. wolf made a good point and pointed out that that is the fact of reality. If you're going to come up with an argument against that, at least make an argument, rather than an inane comment about "facts".

I'd like to let you know this whole post of yours was easily the saddest attempt at a rebuttal that I've ever seen. Congrats.

WOW, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!! SEE KIDS? IF YOU CAN'T MAKE A STATEMENT TO DEFEND YOUR POSITION, RIDICULE IT LIKE KA_2 IS DOING. THAT WAY, YOU CAN APPEAR TO BE SMART.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject:

KA_2 is trying to prove something but leading to nowhere seriously.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers don't have to get desperate and make a bad trade. Odom is still young enough to improve. Mihm may improve enough to become a second option. Bynum will eventually improve enough to become a second option. The topic is presented as if the Lakers must trade Lamar Odom. I don't think they necessarily need to do that. Patience may be rewarded.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:

The fact that Lebron's people made contact with Buss this offseason is important to consider.

As for trading Odom, if you want to bring in a second option, it is likely that he will be highly paid. If so, Odom's salary would probably be required to bring him in.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject:

LeBron and Kobe would be a dynamic duo. It might be better than MJ and Scottie.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject:

It would be like Magic and Jordan.
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject:

If true, then it's worth the gamble. Suffer now, reap tomorrow.
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject:

The combo of lebron, kobe and bynum would solidify the lakers future for the next 10 to 15 years.
kups
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject:

kells1220 wrote:
I don't like the term second option. What the Lakers need is a consistent option, preferably more than one.

Let's get Rashard & Flip for LO & Cook so we could get this show going.

I voted for the 1st choice, IMO we could get Flip for Cook, that way it solves our need for a 2nd option and still have LO. Flip could back-up Kobe or be our starting PG. LO would still be the facilitator.
#2 Lonzo
#28 Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Deonte Burton
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject:

dp

Last edited by KA_2 on Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:26 am; edited 3 times in total
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The fact that Lebron's people made contact with Buss this offseason is important to consider.

Do we know what they talked about? Otherwise it doesn't mean a damn thing.

Quote:
As for trading Odom, if you want to bring in a second option, it is likely that he will be highly paid. If so, Odom's salary would probably be required to bring him in.

Artest was an available 2nd option better than Odom that wasn't highly paid. Yeah, whoops, Lakers dropped the ball with that one.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: