Lakers In The News 7/3/2015 Lakers are interested in Corey Brewer, Amar'e Stoudemire & Jason Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Amare? I'll vomit..
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Lakers don't have much hope of getting LaMarcus Aldridge

The Lakers appear to be in the same category as the Trail Blazers when it comes to All-Star power forward LaMarcus Aldridge: On the outside looking in at the free-agent sweepstakes.
(Tony Gutierrez / Associated Press)

By Mike Bresnahan contact the reporter

The Lakers should be used to this by now, waiting around and hoping the free agent they craved would agree to terms with them..

D'Angelo Russell, Julius Randle on Lakers' summer league squadLakers NowD'Angelo Russell, Julius Randle on Lakers' summer league squadSee all relatedí

It's the third consecutive summer they've made a pitch — or pitches, in the case of LaMarcus Aldridge — in hopes of a successful off-season acquisition.

Their presentation to Aldridge was "much better" the second time, according to a person familiar with the hastily assembled meeting, but there could be only hope, not overt confidence, he would eventually sign on the dotted line of their four-year, $80-million offer.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-20150704-story.html
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Amare? I'll vomit..

I'm with you on that
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Laker Fan Since "78 wrote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Jerry West working with Memphis at that same time as the trade...I'm pretty sure he was...

West retired as Grizzlies GM in June of 2007, and named a former Celtics assistant GM, Chris Wallace, as his successor.
It was Wallace, the ex-Celtics exec, who traded Pau to the Lakers in February of 2008, after West had retired.
And it wasn't done to help the Lakers, it was done to dump salary and make the team easier to sell to a new prospective buyer.
Wallace had tried desparately to work out a trade deal with the Chicago Bulls, but they were convinced that they had a championship roster and didn't want to change it.
The only reason the Lakers were able to make the trade was because no other team in the league was willing to pay Pau the amount of money he was getting paid by the Grizzlies.
And at the time, Kupchak said the only reason he considered agreeing to aquairing Gasol was because Bynum had gotten injured.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Cha*n wrote:
It’s only a phone call, but Lakers reportedly talk to Rajon Rondo
Kurt Helin Jul 3, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT

So far, the only serious suitor Rajon Rondo has seen in the wake of his disastrous time in Dallas has been the Sacramento Kings. And after talking to Rondo and hearing his requests, the Kings decided to try and overpay both Monta Ellis and Wesley Matthews. (To no avail, Ellis is headed to Indiana and Matthews to Dallas.)

But Rondo’s phone has rung again — the Lakers have touched base, reports Ramona Shelburne of ESPN.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/03/its-only-a-phone-call-but-lakers-reportedly-talk-to-rajon-rondo/

This would be really really stupid!!!

I was SO RELIEVED to hear he's signed with the Kings. Thank heavens!
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject:

Brewer is worth taking a look at especially since he's the only player left at the small forward spot. I would suggest JSmoove, but I'm sure nobody wants him on the Lakers, but he's still a good defender and proved he has a ton of game left with his stay at Houston. Something tells me they might try to keep him if he doesn't go to SacTown.

This is really just SAD on the Lakers behalf...
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject: Fans who criticize just want Lakers to improve

Yes the FO is getting a lot of criticism.

But it seems to be well deserved.

Going after FA that they will not get. And not going after those that make sense and they can get.

Blame isn't worth anything.

But the FO is managing the Lakers into the ground. and the fans just want the FO to start making good decisions.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject:

Lmao. We waited and waited while everyone else signed and now we're interested in the (bleep) leftovers. Brewer, amare and Jason smith. Hahaha. What the fk. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject:

LaMarcus Aldridge to sign $80 million contract with Spurs - LINK
fubby1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject:

[quote="LakersChamps04"]Lmao. We waited and waited while everyone else signed and now we're interested in the (bleep) leftovers. Brewer, amare and Jason smith. Hahaha. What the fk. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills[/quote

According to ESPN Brewer opted in with Rockets.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: