*OFFICIAL* 2015 NBA Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:00 am    Post subject:

I want Christian Wood from UNLV with the Houston pick if he's there.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
I want Christian Wood from UNLV with the Houston pick if he's there.

When do players like him actually pan out?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Would you trade the 5th pick to Philly for Embiid and Grant if Okafor, Towns, Russell, Winslow are gone?
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Would you trade the 5th pick to Philly for Embiid and Grant if Okafor, Towns, Russell, Winslow are gone?

Why would Philly trade last year's #1 pick for this year's #5?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Why would Philly trade last year's #1 pick for this year's #5?

Because he's a question mark and his health is in question. And if Philly got a top 3 pick (or forbid number one and drafted Okafor) it's essentially handing them the Number 1 and the Number 5 pick for Embiid and Grant.

That means that Philly would be able to draft Okafor and Mudiay for Embiid who is a question mark health wise and Grant.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject:

I would trade top 1 for Embiid, if he passes the physical
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mudiay: Doesn't possess breath-taking speed, handle couldn't get past Sun Yue in CBA, was easily shut down when he forced him left.

He’s a well developed athlete for someone his age; lean but agile and bouncy off the ground. That athleticism translates best in transition. Mudiay doesn’t have long strides or sprints up the court with breath-taking speed, but he is quick and runs with fluidity.

---------

His quickness is also an asset when he attacks with his right hand in the half court. Mudiay creates great separation driving with his strong hand, both in isolation and out of the pick-and-roll — he has a tight handle and is able to turn on the jets in a pinch.

In saying that, he struggles greatly when forced left. Mudiay couldn’t get past or create any sort of separation with his off hand against NBA-caliber athletes, like Sun Yue and Stephon Marbury. He’s able to maintain his balance through contact (and there was a lot of contact) but doesn’t finish as well as he does with his right hand.

When kept in front, Mudiay has shown to be an iffy shooter off the dribble. He sets an uneven base pulling up, doesn’t elevate with great balance, often fails to release the ball at his highest point and will at times kick with both legs. He doesn’t fully extend himself and releases the ball from the front of his forehead.

He can make shots but not enough for defenses to feel uncomfortable sagging off him. Beijing did it quite aggressively in the semifinal series and Mudiay forced some shots early in the clock that were ill advised, especially considering how capable a shot creator he is late on possessions.

Mudiay is currently projected as a top five pick, and players selected in this range are often expected to impact winning at the highest level. I’m confident Mudiay will be a quality shot creator in the NBA; he should be able to get into the lane against a set defense and is a good passer at a young age. But whether he’ll be a transcending star will likely depend on if he develops as a scorer, and that’s where the risk lies.

The biggest concern is his ability to space the floor. Mudiay isn’t any sort of threat from outside the paint at this stage of his career. If he doesn’t develop, he’ll take away his team’s flexibility to play an offense where he doesn’t monopolize possession or otherwise limit their ceiling, similar to what we are seeing with Rajon Rondo in Dallas and Michael Carter-Williams in Milwaukee.

Mudiay got to the rim and finished at a respectable rate in the CBA, but defenders contest shots more actively in the NBA. When he faced two NBA-caliber athletes in his last two games in China, Mudiay struggled to create a quality shot when forced left. Defenders in America aren’t allowed to be as physical as Marbury was with him in China but they will look to take him out of his comfort zone just the same.

If Mudiay’s speed doesn’t translate to the NBA and he struggles to convert shots from close range, he might develop into Ricky Rubio type of player: a good pass first point guard who can’t score and needs a specific type of offense and personnel around him to succeed.
Read Rest Here: http://upsidemotor.com/2015/04/13/emmanuel-mudiay-scouting-report-nba-draft-2015-mock-towns-okafor-russell-cba-guangdong/

Yeah....
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject:

^Everything a lot of us have been saying all along.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

When Sun Yue can stop you down just by forcing you to go left.. there's a problem X_X
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:40 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

How about the "kicking the legs" point I've been making for a few months. I could see that being an offensive foul in the NBA.

But the concerns above are what I saw too when I saw the game summaries from DX.

Still a question mark for me. I can't conclusively say anything but the CBA didn't exactly make him a can't miss prospect.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject:

if the sixers agree to trade embiid for the laker pick, that means you don't want to make that trade...
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject:

not enough porzingis talk imo.

if the medical/physical people think he could put on some weight on that frame - he's easily a top 4 talent.
easily.

I don't have the expertise to say, but there's a real possibility that the answer is yes.

and even though lakers have their pf - they will not turn down any player if they think he's the best prospect with the most upside - which porzingis might be.

if nothing else (and still a lottery to come...) - the lakers could have a chance of getting some very nice compensation from orlando if they draft porzingis for them and orlando drafts close enough to LA that they can draft a player we'd want like wcs/winslow/etc.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject:

Both of the Euro prospects definitely deserve a lot of consideration, but are very good athletes who have a good skill base, therefore have quite a high upside. I really hope Mitch and co. do their due diligence...assuming we even have our pick
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Quote:
Mudiay: Doesn't possess breath-taking speed, handle couldn't get past Sun Yue in CBA, was easily shut down when he forced him left.

He’s a well developed athlete for someone his age; lean but agile and bouncy off the ground. That athleticism translates best in transition. Mudiay doesn’t have long strides or sprints up the court with breath-taking speed, but he is quick and runs with fluidity.

---------

His quickness is also an asset when he attacks with his right hand in the half court. Mudiay creates great separation driving with his strong hand, both in isolation and out of the pick-and-roll — he has a tight handle and is able to turn on the jets in a pinch.

In saying that, he struggles greatly when forced left. Mudiay couldn’t get past or create any sort of separation with his off hand against NBA-caliber athletes, like Sun Yue and Stephon Marbury. He’s able to maintain his balance through contact (and there was a lot of contact) but doesn’t finish as well as he does with his right hand.

When kept in front, Mudiay has shown to be an iffy shooter off the dribble. He sets an uneven base pulling up, doesn’t elevate with great balance, often fails to release the ball at his highest point and will at times kick with both legs. He doesn’t fully extend himself and releases the ball from the front of his forehead.

He can make shots but not enough for defenses to feel uncomfortable sagging off him. Beijing did it quite aggressively in the semifinal series and Mudiay forced some shots early in the clock that were ill advised, especially considering how capable a shot creator he is late on possessions.

Mudiay is currently projected as a top five pick, and players selected in this range are often expected to impact winning at the highest level. I’m confident Mudiay will be a quality shot creator in the NBA; he should be able to get into the lane against a set defense and is a good passer at a young age. But whether he’ll be a transcending star will likely depend on if he develops as a scorer, and that’s where the risk lies.

The biggest concern is his ability to space the floor. Mudiay isn’t any sort of threat from outside the paint at this stage of his career. If he doesn’t develop, he’ll take away his team’s flexibility to play an offense where he doesn’t monopolize possession or otherwise limit their ceiling, similar to what we are seeing with Rajon Rondo in Dallas and Michael Carter-Williams in Milwaukee.

Mudiay got to the rim and finished at a respectable rate in the CBA, but defenders contest shots more actively in the NBA. When he faced two NBA-caliber athletes in his last two games in China, Mudiay struggled to create a quality shot when forced left. Defenders in America aren’t allowed to be as physical as Marbury was with him in China but they will look to take him out of his comfort zone just the same.

If Mudiay’s speed doesn’t translate to the NBA and he struggles to convert shots from close range, he might develop into Ricky Rubio type of player: a good pass first point guard who can’t score and needs a specific type of offense and personnel around him to succeed.
Read Rest Here: http://upsidemotor.com/2015/04/13/emmanuel-mudiay-scouting-report-nba-draft-2015-mock-towns-okafor-russell-cba-guangdong/

Yeah....

What's upsidemotor.com and who is Rafael Uehara?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject:

I don't know Rafael, but the HP basketball network is legit and I work for Fansided. I don't always agree with their takes, but there is solid reasoning.

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject:

Upsidemotor.com is the best draft website name ever.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

yeah, well ... that's a short-lived honor.

I'm the new proud owner of:

elitehandlesclutchfootworkprimeBBIQ.com
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Heh. No wingspan?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
the association wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Heh. No wingspan?

elitewingspanfootworkballhandlingprimeanalyticsIQhandswithoutshoes.com

44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject:

lengthpenetratefinish.com

btw, just curious Mike, how far out do you follow draft prospects? Do you mostly focus on only the upcoming class or do you pay attention to current hs juniors and seniors?

Would be interested in your take on Brandon Ingram - hs ranking sites are all over the place with him, but I think he projects to the NBA better than a lot of the guys ranked above him. I'm following him closely because of my Duke fandom, but he is still a really intriguing prospect. He's dominating because of his unique combination of skill, size, and length, and he still has a lot of muscle to put on. Doesn't look too unlike KD in high school. 6'8 SF with guard skills and a 7'3 wingspan.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
lengthpenetratefinish.com

btw, just curious Mike, how far out do you follow draft prospects? Do you mostly focus on only the upcoming class or do you pay attention to current hs juniors and seniors?

Would be interested in your take on Brandon Ingram - hs ranking sites are all over the place with him, but I think he projects to the NBA better than a lot of the guys ranked above him. I'm following him closely because of my Duke fandom, but he is still a really intriguing prospect. He's dominating because of his unique combination of skill, size, and length, and he still has a lot of muscle to put on. Doesn't look too unlike KD in high school

Usually the upcoming draft class and then a general 5-10 prospects for the next upcoming class.

I see a lot of Rasheed Wallace with Ingram. Much better body control around the painted area. Soft touch. Straight line drive. Length for miles.

A lot can happen in the next two years in terms of how he wants to develop his skill level. John Henson type? Sheed Wallace type? Get more explosive from the high post, KG type?

Iandrewd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:54 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Quote:

---------

Yeah....

So, because an 18 year old JUST out of high school, isn't good enough to consistently beat a 29 year old professional player, the 18 year old won't be any good?

The analysis specifically mentioned that players in China were allowed to be more physical with him than they will be in the NBA. So, this 18 year old was playing in a more physical league against older, more mature players and he struggled at times. I' not saying he's a sure thing but let's remember his age here.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
the association wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Heh. No wingspan?

HAHA. Without shoes!
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
the association wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Heh. No wingspan?

All in ...

killerinstinctcloserlengthrawfasttwitchcourtvisionsilkyjumperbacktothebasketandfaceupgamehighenergygsinewyframestreakyceilingoldmangamewithelitehandlesandhopsclutchfootworkprimeBBIQoffthechartswingspanlockdowndefender.com

(hyperbolics.com was taken ...)

Fortunately, register.com doesn't utilize a per character pricing model. And I suggest bookmarking this one ...

Your move, nba.com ...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject:

Gary Payton II is going back to school for his Senior Year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 32 of 36
Jump to: