The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1523, 1524, 1525 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:14 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
He's a UFA this summer if he opts out. If we don't succeed in trading for AD could we get him on a one year max deal? That way we have a very good player for next season alongside our young players and Bron while also keeping the flexibility to sign AD as FA in 2020.

The Lakers current front office treated him like crap when he was here. Despite that treatment Julius still wanted to stay here, but during the off season the Lakers sort of just left him hanging until he asked to be renounced.

The Lakers would have to overpay to get Julius back based on how he was treated by them last season.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject:

Are the Pelicans treating Randle like crap too?

They tried to trade him his first year on the team, but no takers. And they’re about to let him walk for nothing. Their fan base doesn’t care because no one over there seems to like Randle as a player. You’d think with Davis out the door that’d want him around as a building piece.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject:

For Jules I think the Pels are a 1 year deal and now he can try to put up stats on a team that will try to tank.

They looked promising early on, but if I'm him, it's business and I'm doing whatever I can for my upcoming FA. There's no future there.

Crazy he was dangled at the trade deadline and no one wanted him. I would think at least someone would give a 2nd rounder for a near 20/10 guy.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
Are the Pelicans treating Randle like crap too?

They tried to trade him his first year on the team, but no takers. And they’re about to let him walk for nothing. Their fan base doesn’t care because no one over there seems to like Randle as a player. You’d think with Davis out the door that’d want him around as a building piece.

The Lakers asked Randle to get into the best shape of his life and he did so (he seemed to be the only player on the team to achieve that goal). Then he was told along with everyone else that starting jobs would be earned based on performance during training camp and preseason. Julius played above everyone else at his position yet wasn't made a starter. His minutes were yo-yo'd nonsensically for the majority of the season. Once the off season came and Randle wanted to re-up the Lakers basically ignored him and put him on the back burner.

yinoma2001 wrote:
For Jules I think the Pels are a 1 year deal and now he can try to put up stats on a team that will try to tank.

They looked promising early on, but if I'm him, it's business and I'm doing whatever I can for my upcoming FA. There's no future there.

Crazy he was dangled at the trade deadline and no one wanted him. I would think at least someone would give a 2nd rounder for a near 20/10 guy.

Early in the season when the Pelicans were doing well he was being praised as being a steal in free agency. Once the team started to struggle people just sort of ignored how well he was playing. It's not that different from last year when Jules was the best player on the team, but Kuzma was getting most of the praise.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject:

mans shooting 35% from three bby

Julius J. Jumpers is

BYKE

ON

HIS

BOOSHEET
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject:

I wore my Julius Laker jersey for my gf sister’s basketball themed baby shower, on the day Julius gave us the business. Coincidence? I think not
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Dude not only dominated in the game but Laker players are taking extra ice to heal bruises.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:44 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
I wore my Julius Laker jersey for my gf sister’s basketball themed baby shower, on the day Julius gave us the business. Coincidence? I think not

the spirit of my son's time as a laker already impacting the yute that aint even here yet
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:05 am    Post subject:

Watching him from the opposite side is so irritating
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject:

Like's been said. Sometimes people aren't gonna appreciate a player till they are no longer in a Lakers jersey.

Watching him give us the business while being tougher than everyone else on the court on our team just pushed home how much he gave us really.

Magic should be trying to go after him in UFA, but he won't, because he'll be obsessed with another max coming, and if they don't he'll want to save money for 2020. So we'll miss out again.

Julius Randle 24 Points 5 Assists

Also Russell went for 40.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject:

He's playing really well, but defensively he is just a disaster this season. Horribly misused by NOLA and poor energy/focus. Really cutting into his otherwise impressive offensive production.
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
He's playing really well, but defensively he is just a disaster this season. Horribly misused by NOLA and poor energy/focus. Really cutting into his otherwise impressive offensive production.

Yeah, he doesn't work great dewfensively in a traditional system, he needs to be in a system that allows him to use his speed on the perimeter via switching to mitigate his issues with interior defense
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Say what we will about Luke, but he knew how to maximize Randle on defense properly, I don't doubt that continues if the Lakers FO hadn't been stupid.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject:

a GROWN

ASS

MAYUN
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Julius Randle 28/10/4 tonight in the victory vs Denver, 3-6 from the Three Point Line as well.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
22 wrote:

the spirit of my son's time as a laker already impacting the yute that aint even here yet

Bahahah!!

Dang I wish we still had him
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

From a pelican fan on Reddit on Randles last game...

Quote:
We all know he can score. If he can work on his team defense, awareness, and avoid dumb fouls, he can be extremely good.
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
From a pelican fan on Reddit on Randles last game...

Quote:
We all know he can score. If he can work on his team defense, awareness, and avoid dumb fouls, he can be extremely good.

I know when I seek expert basketball analysis, I always turn to Pelican fans.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject:

mans just put the team on his back and grinded out another w

cuz he be doin stuff like that sometimes

we aint gone talk about why he was 4-14 at first tho
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

You think he can ever become a reliable 3 point shooter? I know he’s shooting 35% but it’s at a low volume.

I ask because I’m intrigued with him going to the Nets. I feel like they’ll look into him. They are huge on spreading the floor though and I’m not sure he fits their philosophy.

I feel like that organization would be great for him though.

I know you watch both squads so you’d know best.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

I never thought Randle would shoot 35% at 2.4 attempts seeing his three seasons with Lakers. That's a pretty big step. He's actually taking and shooting a better percentage than Ingram from beyond the arc. That's a big step for a guy who looked like Ben Simmons in terms of his ability to stretch the floor with Lakers.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:05 am    Post subject:

Pelicans have won 3 straight.

saetarubia wrote:
I never thought Randle would shoot 35% at 2.4 attempts seeing his three seasons with Lakers.

He kept working on his jumpshot and has a very high work ethic that even Kobe touted, it was going to come around. He had improved every other aspect of their game during those years so the jumper was likely coming. But it wasn't 'fast enough' for some.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
I never thought Randle would shoot 35% at 2.4 attempts seeing his three seasons with Lakers. That's a pretty big step. He's actually taking and shooting a better percentage than Ingram from beyond the arc. That's a big step for a guy who looked like Ben Simmons in terms of his ability to stretch the floor with Lakers.

soon as I saw him widen his stance in the summer I knew he was bout to be a problem
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

You think he can ever become a reliable 3 point shooter? I know he’s shooting 35% but it’s at a low volume.

I ask because I’m intrigued with him going to the Nets. I feel like they’ll look into him. They are huge on spreading the floor though and I’m not sure he fits their philosophy.

I feel like that organization would be great for him though.

I know you watch both squads so you’d know best.

I think he can become a reliable 3 point shooter...he still has the hip twist and this weird thing he does with his right foot, but I think widening his stance mitigates that for the most part, I never had a problem with the top half of his jumper, even tho it looks weird When he was here, he would consistently have distance misses and they would hitting the same spots on the rim, which I figured would be figured out through more game reps, but we never allowed him to really shoot except at the end of luke's first year.

Watching him now...teams are still leaving him open, but they also are closing out to him with an urgency I never seent before and I think that is going to continue

I also think he would greatly improve their transition offense, rebounding, and post defense, which is where they tend to get killed for 5 game stretches at a time

and being able to use him as the trigger man for offensive sets gives them a whole lot of interesting options to have dlo and joe in all kinds of off ball actions, he's also a great passer and can make nearly every pass on the floor now, which will benefit not only joe and dlo, but jarrett too. Joe and dlo both being great shooters and high level secondary creators would give them way more versatility than they currently have on offense

teams wouldn't be able to get away with trappin dlo as much as they do now if he is the screener/sllipper, because him in a 4 on 3 situation would end very poorly for defense 87.3% of the time

if they decided to run him with the bench for stretches, him and spencer gone foul teams out every night

The thing he would have to really commit to, to be more of a seamless fit for them is off ball screening, and defensively, I wonder if they will be comfortable switching more in lineups with him and dlo, because kenny still doesn't seem to have full confidence in dlo being the one switched on bigs

but if he goes there, at the very least, they get the guy they were hoping to turn rhj into, and he brings a physicality and versatility that really is one of the only things stopping them from being a top 4 team in the east right now

if im them, he is the top "second tier" guy out there

but I have to say that as his dad
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject:

I wonder where he'll end up next year.

I thought it would be Dallas but seems they are going to try to extend Porky so they may not have the cap space.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1523, 1524, 1525 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1524 of 1536
Jump to: