*** LOS ANGELES LAKERS vs PHOENIX SUNS (3/30/14) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic :: View next topic  
magicdays
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Remember Kaman laying on the bench a while back...gets the start and puts up 28/17...wow
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject:

CONGRATS TO THE TEAM & FANS ON A FUN GAME
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject:

magicdays wrote:
Remember Kaman laying on the bench a while back...gets the start and puts up 28/17...wow

SAME THING HAPPENED TO HILL A FEW GAMES BACK.

MDA IS A GENIUS (NOT)!!!
magicdays
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Swaggy interviews are classic...right up there with MWP's interviews
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
CONGRATS TO THE TEAM & FANS ON A FUN GAME

magicdays
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject:

"HATE HATE HATE" -- Swaggy P, March 30, 2014
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject:

magicdays wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Hope we keep Baze, Meeks, Henry, and Hill. Everyone else would just be a nice bonus if we keep their costs reasonable.

Kelly and Young would be good too, if they come cheap...

Kelly is already locked in for a cheap contract, so I didn't feel the need to mention him. Nick is in with the rest, nice to keep for the right price.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Nice win today. Suns looked completely outmatched, especially since they were ice cold shooting wide open shots in the first half. Second half, the Lakers d looked pretty good as Bledsoe especially could do nothing right, on either end. Fun win. Now for more Infamous.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
magicdays wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Hope we keep Baze, Meeks, Henry, and Hill. Everyone else would just be a nice bonus if we keep their costs reasonable.

Kelly is already locked in for a cheap contract, so I didn't feel the need to mention him. Nick is in with the rest, nice to keep for the right price.

Is he locked in? Can't someone offer him more?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
magicdays wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Is he locked in? Can't someone offer him more?

I believe we signed him to a two year contract with a team option.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject:

I could stare at Kelly Tennant's legs all day long. Jamie and Kelly instead of scary skeleton girl this season. If we weren't so (bleep) as a basketball team, I'd be in heaven.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
I think we should try to sign Green tbh.

we did. but mitch decided to let him go for nothing.

He used to be out here w/ the Dfenders, class guy, great to see him doing well.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Told you guys. Said we got embarrassed by the worst team in the NBA wouldn't be surprised if we blew Phoenix out. LINK

Got it done and just squeaked by with the

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject:

What would've happened if we played Kaman instead of Sacre this entire season? I'm going to say at least 5 more wins.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject:

My thoughts from the game:

Kendall Marshall looks a lot taller and quicker in person. If it was my first game seeing him, I would think he was a very good pull-up shooter and finisher around the basket. He was also very good at pushing off and stiff arming his defender like a running back and it made it very difficult to defend him. The Suns complained about it all game. I don't recall him doing it before but if this is a new thing he can get away with, his game should improve.

Chris Kaman is pretty much unstoppable when he gets the ball close to the basket.

The Suns looked out of the game from the start, missing open shots, not hustling, not forcing turnovers, not rotating well on defense. They seemed to be placing most of the blame on the refs but that was the least of the issues even though the refs did seem awfully kind today. Wiping out an obvious goaltending call just because the fans complained was exceptionally hilarious, I don't think I've ever seen that.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:

Kendall Marshall looks a lot taller and quicker in person. If it was my first game seeing him, I would think he was a very good pull-up shooter and finisher around the basket. He was also very good at pushing off and stiff arming his defender like a running back and it made it very difficult to defend him. The Suns complained about it all game. I don't recall him doing it before but if this is a new thing he can get away with, his game should improve.

Chris Kaman is pretty much unstoppable when he gets the ball close to the basket.

The Suns looked out of the game from the start, missing open shots, not hustling, not forcing turnovers, not rotating well on defense. They seemed to be placing most of the blame on the refs but that was the least of the issues even though the refs did seem awfully kind today. Wiping out an obvious goaltending call just because the fans complained was exceptionally hilarious, I don't think I've ever seen that.

Kaman is not unstoppable. What you're seeing is just today's nba. A team like Phoenix plays 24/7 small. When they play against a center with actual skills, that center can just go to town with his small opponents.

There's hardly any centers left in the NBA. Kaman, Jefferson, Bynum... that's pretty much it. So Phoenix can get away with it a lot.

But what you saw today was the effects of an old school big against today's small ball gimmicks.

Shaq would be a 40/20 guy in today's pansy game.
Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject:

magicdays wrote:

THere is no link possible with Kaman laying on the bench.
People remember the picture but not more. In that game, he played. It's not like he was stuck on the bench. But even when you play you go on the bench sometimes. Him laying on the bench never was to say "I'm AGAIN on the bench" but a joke because there was so much room with so much injured.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Kaman is not unstoppable. What you're seeing is just today's nba. A team like Phoenix plays 24/7 small. When they play against a center with actual skills, that center can just go to town with his small opponents.

There's hardly any centers left in the NBA. Kaman, Jefferson, Bynum... that's pretty much it. So Phoenix can get away with it a lot.

But what you saw today was the effects of an old school big against today's small ball gimmicks.

Shaq would be a 40/20 guy in today's pansy game.

He plays in today's NBA, he doesn't get to pick his opponents. The good defensive centers of the past would have stopped Kaman from getting that deep position as often but the fact still remains, he's unstoppable when he gets it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14
Jump to: