View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
I almost want the Lakers to get some crappy pick, just to spite some of you worthless tankers. They can win a game here and there. Some of you guys are a blight to this team.

So you want the team to get worse (bad pick) to punish the very people you are saying make this team worse?

It's Ok to lose because you suck, and have a better draft pick as a SILVER LINING, but to openly cheer against your team when it would have been nice to knock off some punk OKC team in front of a national audience is pathetic.
magicdays
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
I almost want the Lakers to get some crappy pick, just to spite some of you worthless tankers. They can win a game here and there. Some of you guys are a blight to this team.

So you want the team to get worse (bad pick) to punish the very people you are saying make this team worse?

It's Ok to lose because you suck, and have a better draft pick as a SILVER LINING, but to openly cheer against your team when it would have been nice to knock off some punk OKC team in front of a national audience is pathetic.

lalakeshow88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

You cant control how people root for their favorite team. Tankers are rooting for "next season". YOU however rooting for the lakers to get a crappy draft pick is pathetic.

Rooting for the lakers to draft bad out of spite? Common man...
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject:

magicdays wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject:

dang our free throws were howard-esque.
and it felt like williams was missing so many OPEN 3s in that 4th quarter.
Oh well.
Didnt expect to win, but at least our boys put up a good fight for the first 3 quarters. 4th was brutal. that stretch of turnovers. brutal. that stretch where we stop pick and rolling. our bigs are idiots outside the paint.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject:

lalakeshow88 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

I'm just gonna say that i'll be laughing when Parker, Embiid, and more top picks re-commit to a second year at their schools. Too much of a loser mentality going around here.

A win gives us absolutely nothing, at least tankers have their hearts in the right place..

A loss gives you nothing, as well. Nothing is guaranteed in the draft lottery. Not your pick, not the player, etc. The proven way to win championships is to trade or outright sign stud superstars, but I'll just let you tankers live in your fantasy-land.

Keep cheering, just like the Sacramento Kings, like the New Orleans Hornets, the Cleveland Cavaliers, and the other teams who tanked for countless years and still suck.
lalakeshow88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
lalakeshow88 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

I'm just gonna say that i'll be laughing when Parker, Embiid, and more top picks re-commit to a second year at their schools. Too much of a loser mentality going around here.

A win gives us absolutely nothing, at least tankers have their hearts in the right place..

A loss gives you nothing, as well. Nothing is guaranteed in the draft lottery. Not your pick, not the player, etc. The proven way to win championships is to trade or outright sign stud superstars, but I'll just let you tankers live in your fantasy-land.

Keep cheering, just like the Sacramento Kings, like the New Orleans Hornets, the Cleveland Cavaliers, and the other teams who tanked for countless years and still suck.

The draft gives people hope, while winning gives us nothing. Don't be so bitter that you can't even hope for a good pick. It's a (bleep) year man, people have to root for something!
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
dang our free throws were howard-esque.
and it felt like williams was missing so many OPEN 3s in that 4th quarter.
Oh well.
Didnt expect to win, but at least our boys put up a good fight for the first 3 quarters. 4th was brutal. that stretch of turnovers. brutal. that stretch where we stop pick and rolling. our bigs are idiots outside the paint.

Had Williams hit at least one of those 3-pters at the end.... we'd probably won.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject:

lalakeshow88 wrote:

The draft gives people hope, while winning gives us nothing.

Hmmm... I thought winning leads to championships....

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
lalakeshow88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
lalakeshow88 wrote:

this year dude, don't be a smart ass.
theunknownsoldier
Star Player
Star Player

leor_77 wrote:
lalakeshow88 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

You can always use the high draft pick and trade it if needed.
orygun
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

This isn't a typical draft, not this year. Any pick in the top 5 or 6, should be good.
theunknownsoldier
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
lalakeshow88 wrote:

Not this season. Were not in playoffs obviously.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject:

lalakeshow88 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
lalakeshow88 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

The draft gives people hope, while winning gives us nothing. Don't be so bitter that you can't even hope for a good pick. It's a (bleep) year man, people have to root for something!

LOL hope...Tell that to the Heat when they signed Lebron, or us when we signed Shaq, or traded for Kareem. Go play the lottery if you want "hope."
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject:

orygun wrote:
This isn't a typical draft, not this year. Any pick in the top 5 or 6, should be good.

Especially if the top guys go back for to school a second year, which has been reported, and is a strong possibility, for a lot of them.
lalakeshow88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
lalakeshow88 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
lalakeshow88 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

LOL hope...Tell that to the Heat when they signed Lebron, or us when we signed Shaq, or traded for Kareem. Go play the lottery if you want "hope."

Well its better than hoping the Lakers draft poorly? What the hell is your argument?!
concernLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
lalakeshow88 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

I login to let u know u are worse than those fans rooting for lakers to lose by wanting something bad to happen to lakers. Mitch already say there are 3 ways to improve a team that is through trade , free agency and draft pick. All I know is if there is anything to help to improve your team , u should do it .
LakergirlsFan710
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Even if the lakers went undefeated the rest of the way, they would not make the playoffs, so why root for a win now, yes i would rather they make the playoffs but choosing between the fourh pick or the tenth' i will take the fourth especially with the potential of this draft
props
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject:

well these last few pages have taken a turn I see....
props
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
Running diary from LAL's 107-103 loss vs. OKC: http://on.nba.com/1gxGfYF
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject:

It's not very hard to understand the logic of tanking and accepting that this is a lost season. But, to openly root for losses as if to thumb noses is just plain asinine....

Exhibit A:

LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:
YEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiss my Converse.
theunknownsoldier
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Same can be said about rooting that hard for wins.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Wait, so when we were up in the 4th, you tankers weren't rooting for us to win? Wow. Such a close fun game at the end, I'd be surprised if any fan wanted us to lose in that moment. After the fact, sure. But hopefully not during. Or am I wrong?
theunknownsoldier
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Wait, so when we were up in the 4th, you tankers weren't rooting for us to win? Wow. Such a close fun game at the end, I'd be surprised if any fan wanted us to lose in that moment. After the fact, sure. But hopefully not during. Or am I wrong?

I root for the moment. We win, ok. We lose, ok. What's the point anyways, playoffs are done.
LakergirlsFan710
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject:

I live and die with the lakers, listen to sports radio all day to hear laker news, and i root for my team to win championships. When that is no longer possible i will root for whatever will get us close to returning to championship form. This year at this point in the season, with this draft, i root for losses and i am pissed when they win.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28
Jump to: