[ ██LAKERS████████████████
[█████████████████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙◥⊙◤.

I dig this huge tank.
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:52 am    Post subject:

Lakers fans, isn't it quite sad that just a few months ago the majority of this board was saying things like...

"We never tank we are the Lakers."
"Tanking would waste Kobe Bryant's years in LA."

Now your Tanking is the rallying cry for your gold and purple pride. What's wrong with this picture?

It doesn't matter about tanking when it's the Lakers. I want to Beat LA always!
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject:

Celtics are 7 point favorites.

Yes, 7 points. That's insane.
magicdays
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject:

I don't give a damn about this tanking crap but tanking against the bucking feltics? He'll no! This is a sad sad sad day when I ever hear any Laker fan rooting against us and for them. This is shameful
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject:

magicdays wrote:
I don't give a damn about this tanking crap but tanking against the bucking feltics? He'll no! This is a sad sad sad day when I ever hear any Laker fan rooting against us and for them. This is shameful

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:
Lakers fans, isn't it quite sad that just a few months ago the majority of this board was saying things like...

Now your Tanking is the rallying cry for your gold and purple pride. What's wrong with this picture?

THANK YOU

I DON'T CARE IF WE LOSE 80 GAMES BUT I NEVER, EVER WANT TO LOSE TO BOSTON!!!
BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:

What are you talking about??? Have you been to any Celtics forums???? 99.9% of Celtics fans wanted to tank before the season started. I also wanted to tank before the season started but most fans on this forum saw reality after all the injuries and decided to join #TEAMTANK. By the way we are not tanking we just can't win with this roster and all the injuries.
#TANK4EMBID

Last edited by BROW GOAT 23 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
mbright
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:

LOL, so BOS can tank as much as they want and LAL can't hope for future prospects, otherwise it’s losing pride and all that?

It’s never about a simple L or W when playing BOS. If you guys are fighting for a playoff seed, sure, we want to beat the *** out of your sorry team. While if you guys are tanking as hard as anyone for a top pick, all we need is to out-tank you.

In other word, what BOS don’t want is just what we want. Yea, we hate you that much, and with a passion.
BROW GOAT 23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject:

mbright wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

LOL, so BOS can tank as much as they want and LAL can't hope for future prospects, otherwise it’s losing pride and all that?

It’s never about a simple L or W when playing BOS. If you guys are fighting for a playoff seed, sure, we want to beat the *** out of your sorry team. While if you guys are tanking as hard as anyone for a top pick, all we need is to out-tank you.

In other word, what BOS don’t want is just what we want. Yea, we hate you that much, and with a passion.

THANK YOU

I DON'T CARE IF WE LOSE 80 GAMES BUT I NEVER, EVER WANT TO LOSE TO BOSTON BUT IF IT'S TO GET A BETTER DRAFT PICK AND WIN#18 BEFORE LOSTON I COULD TAKE TWO LOSSES THIS SEASON...

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject:

Rondo returns: www.nba.com/celtics/news/sidebar/expectations-set-rondos-return-vs-la
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Sports Center: Crazy Stat of the Day: Lakers and Celtics will meet tonight with the worst combined win % (.354) in series HISTORY. (via @EliasSports)

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject:

@ESPNSteinLine

Quote:
Celts and Lakers both on course for the lottery. Only previous time that hapened was 1994. Cs drafted Eric Montross; LA drafted Eddie Jones

theunknownsoldier
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject:

Celtics 105
Lakers 85
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
@ESPNSteinLine

Quote:
Celts and Lakers both on course for the lottery. Only previous time that hapened was 1994. Cs drafted Eric Montross; LA drafted Eddie Jones

In the immortal words of Forrest Gump, "IT HAPPENS!"
nateball
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject:

You play to win against the hated Celtics no matter what...the boys still have some dignity left ffs.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject:

Lakers can go 2-80 as long as those two wins are against the Celtics. I'll definitely be tuning in today.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Lakers can go 2-80 as long as those two wins are against the Celtics. I'll definitely be tuning in today.

theunknownsoldier
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject:

Just don't see enough offense with no NYoung off the bench. Harris is our only pg/sg off the bench. Unless Harris goes for 25.
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject:

LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

What are you talking about??? Have you been to any Celtics forums???? 99.9% of Celtics fans wanted to tank before the season started. I also wanted to tank before the season started but most fans on this forum saw reality after all the injuries and decided to join #TEAMTANK. By the way we are not tanking we just can't win with this roster and all the injuries.
#TANK4EMBID

It's not like the Celtics still have Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett alongside Rondo anymore. Also, the Celtics have not intentionally tanked. The team is just not good or experienced enough to win. If you watch their games, the team is trying and they are not getting blown out. Celts fans are split with some who want them to tank but others who want them to play until the bitter end even a first round exit.

On the other hand, the Lakers have no excuse when they still have Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol. Kobe doesn't have it in his blood to tank so Laker fans have said so he is still going to make a come back. Nash could be back later this season. Gasol still has great games but needs help. The Lakers shouldn't be tanking bottom line.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:
LOSTON CEPTICS wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

#TANK4EMBID

It's not like the Celtics still have Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett alongside Rondo anymore. Also, the Celtics have not intentionally tanked. The team is just not good or experienced enough to win. If you watch their games, the team is trying and they are not getting blown out. Celts fans are split with some who want them to tank but others who want them to play until the bitter end even a first round exit.

On the other hand, the Lakers have no excuse when they still have Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and Pau Gasol. Kobe doesn't have it in his blood to tank so Laker fans have said so he is still going to make a come back. Nash could be back later this season. Gasol still has great games but needs help. The Lakers shouldn't be tanking bottom line.

Could have fooled me. That last trade executed by Danny Boy was a total giveaway. He's also allegedly shopping Rondo and Jeff Green.

And yes, the Celtics fans I know (and I know more than a few) are all hoping for an epic tank.
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Here is a quote from Kobe Bryant about Celtics fans.

"I love it,” he said. “I love going into Boston. I love playing there. I mean, the fans are incredible, because, you know, they’re nasty, but they appreciate the game. They appreciate good basketball. They appreciate players who go out there and just leave it all on the court. You know, friend or foe, they have an appreciation for it.

“I’m really looking forward to it. I’m going to interact a little bit with the crowd, absolutely. I’ll have a chance to kind of look around and look at the numbers in the rafters and kind of appreciate it a little bit more. Absolutely, because when you play, you know, you’ve got your blinders on. You’ve got tunnel vision. This will be good.”

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:

"I love it,” he said. “I love going into Boston. I love playing there. I mean, the fans are incredible, because, you know, they’re nasty, but they appreciate the game. They appreciate good basketball. They appreciate players who go out there and just leave it all on the court. You know, friend or foe, they have an appreciation for it.

“I’m really looking forward to it. I’m going to interact a little bit with the crowd, absolutely. I’ll have a chance to kind of look around and look at the numbers in the rafters and kind of appreciate it a little bit more. Absolutely, because when you play, you know, you’ve got your blinders on. You’ve got tunnel vision. This will be good.”

Kobe loves Boston because they were chanting his name and "MVP" over and over at Fleet Center. But then many of the "incredible" basketball fans in Boston probably love the Lakers.
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

Kobe loves Boston because they were chanting his name and "MVP" over and over at Fleet Center. But then many of the "incredible" basketball fans in Boston probably love the Lakers.

Nah, those were Lakers fans chanting his name not Celtics fans. By the end of the game, most of the Celtics fans had left the game and Lakers fans started the chant.

Again, whenever Lakers come to town, we get a ton of fans from the visiting team. I've been to two Celtics/Lakers games in my lifetime now including one in 2010 and I can confirm it.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Celtics resort to dirty tricks like shooting buckets into the wrong basket, handing the ball to the Lakers on soft picks, inadvertent out of bounds passes to nobody, offensive fouls on the ball, calling timeouts on their own fast breaks... Whatever they can do to lose, they will do.......I't going to be a tough game for tanking.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Celtics resort to dirty tricks like shooting buckets into the wrong basket, handing the ball to the Lakers on soft picks, inadvertent out of bounds passes to nobody, offensive fouls on the ball, calling timeouts on their own fast breaks... Whatever they can do to lose, they will do.......I't going to be a tough game for tanking.

The Celtics will probably turn up the heat in their own locker room.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 3 of 28
Jump to: