+++Lakers at Hawks 12/16/13+++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject:

I have all the patience of the world for Kobe, he will get better, its a matter of time. I'm beggining to loose my cool with the Front Office and coaching staff though, something has to give cause the product that the Lakers are putting in the floor isnt neither good nor fun. It's beggining to be unwatchable. Moves got to be made, i hope Mitch aknowledges it.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject:

We need a point. Badly.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject:

saacman5033 wrote:
Just call me *** wrote:
Kobe is done.

So we can't give him at least a month before making snap judgements?

its gunna take longer than that. but thats fine w/me and was expected. i think he'lll look really good towards the very end of the year... until then, the achilles is healing, Dr.Klapper says.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Seriously though. Kobe's days of being a great player appear to be over. He's been my favorite player in sports since I was in 6th grade, but every great thing comes to an end. An Achilles tear in your 17th season aint no fing joke.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Playmaker1 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
pio2u wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
You have to chose between MDA and Kobe. Cant have both, so yeah, things can get ugly for Mike it seems, just take a look at our schedule. Of course the FO is to blame also, cause we need somekind of decent Point Guard even if just to cut in the turnover count and to let Kobe rest a bit more. Dont know what's so wrong with Kendall Marshall, Rondo cant shoot either but a high IQ player always finds a way to contribute on both sides of the ball.

they realize the style of MDA is the future of the league, yet they also like the money kobe generates. catch 22.

They've realized wrong. How absurd.

DEFENSE STILL WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

miami heat. you can play fast AND defend.

they have better players

the spurs move the ball and defend as well.

they also have better players??

through their system they make the most of players nobody wants.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

dao wrote:
Seriously though. Kobe's days of being a great player appear to be over. He's been my favorite player in sports since I was in 6th grade, but every great thing comes to an end. An Achilles tear in your 17th season aint no fing joke.

Yup. And now we have that ridiculous extension too.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

dao wrote:

Kinda soon to be writing him off . . .
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject:

WE DESPERATELY NEED A POINT GUARD. LAKERS BLEW A SEVEN POINT HALFTIME LEAD.

JODIE MEEKS WAS MIA FOR THE 3RD GAME IN A ROW.
Jordan Hill led the starters with 19 pts making 8-8 fg's & 9 rebs;

THE BENCH MOB SCORED 42 POINTS; LED BY YOUNG W/ 2O & X. HENRY SCORED 16
theairofficial
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

LakersMDGurl wrote:
I miss the first 19 games!!!! Thats all.. i don't care that we were only a game over .500, we had chemistry, we were fun to watch!!!!!

kobe is killing our offensive flow + team defense sucks (but why? we were good in those first 19 games...)
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

dao wrote:

Dont you think you should give him few more months to year even before you make this judgement call?
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

Jimbo has no plan.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
dao wrote:

LakerCity
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject:

TBH the only thing you can even criticize Kobe about right now is his defense. Playing bad D is one thing, but completely just ignoring it and roaming in no mans land while his guy is on the other side of the court is no excuse. That has nothing to do with recovering from injury thats just effort and basic focus. Even if Kobe can't play great D he can at least stick with his man and not sag 10 feet off of him unless it's Rondo
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Playmaker1 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
pio2u wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
You have to chose between MDA and Kobe. Cant have both, so yeah, things can get ugly for Mike it seems, just take a look at our schedule. Of course the FO is to blame also, cause we need somekind of decent Point Guard even if just to cut in the turnover count and to let Kobe rest a bit more. Dont know what's so wrong with Kendall Marshall, Rondo cant shoot either but a high IQ player always finds a way to contribute on both sides of the ball.

they realize the style of MDA is the future of the league, yet they also like the money kobe generates. catch 22.

they have better players

WHO ARE THESE PLAYERS THAT NOBODY WANTS?
LakerCity
Star Player
Star Player

-18th year
-Recovering 8 months from injury
-playing out of position
-NBA is a 82 game league in which champions/contenders often play 100+

And we're going to judge Kobe off of 5 games......right......continue crying guys
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

greenfrog wrote:
Playmaker1 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
pio2u wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

they have better players

WHO ARE THESE PLAYERS THAT NOBODY WANTS? WE COULD USE A FEW OF 'EM!
LakerCity
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Playmaker1 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
pio2u wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

they have better players

The Spurs have better players.

Plus, we move the ball fine. Our defense just sucks and guys are adjusting to a different role with Kobe. Once we get Blake/Farmar back and guys get used to the pace with Kobe/Pau being the focus, the PPG on offense will go back up. We're not gonna go all year avg'ing under 100ppg with Kobe and an MDA offense.

Defense definitely needs to get better though.
Yoki24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerCity wrote:
TBH the only thing you can even criticize Kobe about right now is his defense. Playing bad D is one thing, but completely just ignoring it and roaming in no mans land while his guy is on the other side of the court is no excuse. That has nothing to do with recovering from injury thats just effort and basic focus. Even if Kobe can't play great D he can at least stick with his man and not sag 10 feet off of him unless it's Rondo

yep. its really annoying.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Playmaker1 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
pio2u wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

they have better players

danny green, george hill who they turned into kwame lenoard, boris diaw... my god, look at their roster. it's the scrap heap.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
dao wrote:

That's the funny thing about all of these. The logical thing to do heading into a stacked draft would be to move assets like Pau, sit Kobe until he's 100% (which would probably be for most of the season, from the looks of it), resign him in the offseason for a reasonable number based off of his play, and get one of these young studs with a top 5 pick. Instead, they piss away a great pick by trying to make a hopeless season more than it is, and they resign Kobe for an unreasonable contract, crippling the franchise. Two years from now we could have had a core something like Bledso, Monroe, Wiggins/Parker/Randle.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject:

It's hard talking to trolling blind mice. just saying.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
dao wrote:

That's the funny thing about all of these. The logical thing to do heading into a stacked draft would be to move assets like Pau, sit Kobe until he's 100% (which would probably be for most of the season, from the looks of it), resign him in the offseason for a reasonable number based off of his play, and get one of these young studs with a top 5 pick. Instead, they piss away a great pick by trying to make a hopeless season more than it is, and they resign Kobe for an unreasonable contract, crippling the franchise. Two years from now we could have had a core something like Bledso, Monroe, Wiggins/Parker/Randle.

extremely stunted decision. should have waited till offseason, tank hard and get a draft pick, sign 1-2 star players and resign kobe.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerCity wrote:

The Spurs have better players.

Plus, we move the ball fine. Our defense just sucks and guys are adjusting to a different role with Kobe. Once we get Blake/Farmar back and guys get used to the pace with Kobe/Pau being the focus, the PPG on offense will go back up. We're not gonna go all year avg'ing under 100ppg with Kobe and an MDA offense.

Defense definitely needs to get better though.

the defense has been lousy all season and yet as of 5 games ago they had a winning record. that's a weak excuse.
LakerCity
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
pio2u wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Playmaker1 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
LakerCity wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
pio2u wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Fruscas wrote:

they have better players

danny green, george hill who they turned into kwame lenoard, boris diaw... my god, look at their roster. it's the scrap heap.

Those guys are good players and better than some of the guys we have. It's not like the Lakers have never had players who were good and nobody really wanted before they were Lakers (Ariza, Brown.) Sometimes GM's hit on guys and sometimes they do. Spurs got the best FO but the lakers aren't too far behind. Mitch is a good GM. The Cp3 trade veto/new CBA kinda started this downtrend for us but we'll recover.

It took us 5 years to win a title after Shaq left.....took us 7 years to win a title from 2002-2009. Took us 9 years to go from Magic HIV announcement to winning in 2000. It's going to take time for us to get back on top but we will. With the new CBA and unlucky fortunes it might take us 8-10 years this time, but if we can grab some stars in 2015/2016 and build a supporting cast we'll be back on top by 2018. Considering we won in 2010, and by 2018 we'd only by 2 years post-Kobe era....that wouldn't be so bad.

Last edited by LakerCity on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29
Jump to: