+++RAPTORS -at- LAKERS 12/08/13 GAME THREAD +++ ***KOBE RETURNS EDITION*** #TheMambaStrikesBack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
24 wrote:
24 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
I stepped out of the room. I missed why they had to "apologize" for Kobe's language lol

He said horse shit

LG apologizes for 24's language

Oh no, 24 is talking to himself again.

At least I haven't stooped to waving Michael Moore's pelvis in everyone's faces

I've been doing this since 2005 though.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
24 wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
24 wrote:
24 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
I stepped out of the room. I missed why they had to "apologize" for Kobe's language lol

He said horse shit

LG apologizes for 24's language

Oh no, 24 is talking to himself again.

At least I haven't stooped to waving Michael Moore's pelvis in everyone's faces

I've been doing this since 2005 though.

As have I with talking to myself.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
This starting rotation hasn't been clicking at all. Hill turned around our last game but still got paltry minutes.

Blake hasn't played well in the YEARS he's been here until the end of last year. Dude stepped on a spike and only played half the year.

Do I really need to link his stats? He's been TERRIBLE, and he's only played half the games the past two years.

The difference is our coach isn't paying attention to whom is playing well during a game half the time and is starting a slow footed team that doesn't fit together. There needs to be a balance here, you can't have your starters be terrible just because your bench is great.

The first 10 minutes of a game are just as important as any other 10 minutes.

Blake played well second half of last year including before Kobe went down and has played well this year.

Seems like you have an issue with MDA all year, but they have been playing above expectations.
So what do you attribute the difference to tonight?
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
24 wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
This starting rotation hasn't been clicking at all. Hill turned around our last game but still got paltry minutes.

Blake hasn't played well in the YEARS he's been here until the end of last year. Dude stepped on a spike and only played half the year.

Do I really need to link his stats? He's been TERRIBLE, and he's only played half the games the past two years.

The difference is our coach isn't paying attention to whom is playing well during a game half the time and is starting a slow footed team that doesn't fit together. There needs to be a balance here, you can't have your starters be terrible just because your bench is great.

Yeah, he's only put 12 different guys in the starting lineup. I wish he'd experiment a bit.

Was I calling for experimentation?

You're just being a contrarian. Everyone on the team has had a chance to start and no matter what happens, the starters struggle against the other team's starters and the bench excels against the other teams bench. Kind of what you would expect of a roster full of guys that have been reserve players most or all of their careers.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
24 wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:

Yeah, he's only put 12 different guys in the starting lineup. I wish he'd experiment a bit.

Was I calling for experimentation?

You're just being a contrarian. Everyone on the team has had a chance to start and no matter what happens, the starters struggle against the other team's starters and the bench excels against the other teams bench. Kind of what you would expect of a roster full of guys that have been reserve players most or all of their careers.

Oh...that's good.

!...
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Anyone have links to these postgame interviews? Specifically Kobe, X, and Black? pls
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Anyone have links to these postgame interviews? Specifically Kobe, X, and Black? pls

It's on nba.com now.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Terrible game by Pau tonight. No sugarcoating it.

It looked like Pau's first game back too for some reason.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject:

Everyone gave cliche answers regarding to Kobe, except Blake. He was like I don't know! Which is basically.. I don't care! I wonder if Kobe and Blake got into a tiff?
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject:

How much of the Lakers loss can be attributed to the last minute trade, essentially throwing the scouting report out of the window?
-Avenue of the Champions- -RIP Dr Buss- #824
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject:

PrairieAve wrote:
How much of the Lakers loss can be attributed to the last minute trade, essentially throwing the scouting report out of the window?

Close to irrelevant I would say. It was a very winnable game, Raptors really aren't that good.

The more I think about it the more I think that both Kobe and the team wasn't ready for his come back. I might be wrong but they should have had a clearer plan for Kobe. It should have been more scripted than that. There where times when Kobe was trying to post up in the high post while they where still running p'n'r on the side. It shoudn't happen. Nobody looked ready.
nshidbaby
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject:

There was dissension between Blake and Kobe, but it seemed to come entirely from Blake.

We have to remember that Blake was living it up as PG and SG when Kobe was gone. Now that Kobe's back, he doesn't seem like he wants to get out of the limelight just yet.

Last edited by nshidbaby on Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:49 am; edited 2 times in total
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject:

PrairieAve wrote:

Thought it was addition by subtraction for the Raptors. High Volume Rudy would've bricked many of those shots and whenever JHill's there to clean up, the Lakers are off to the races. Instead, they actually worked their offense to attack the underbelly of the Lakers' efense in the paint and Magic Amir had a career night.
LakersPark
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject:

Anybody know where I can find the Kobe video that was played by Time Warner Sports Net before the game?
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject:

LakersPark wrote:
Anybody know where I can find the Kobe video that was played by Time Warner Sports Net before the game?

The one by James Worthy?
https://www.twcsportsnet.com/videos/2013/12/08/james-worthy-pays-tribute-to-kobe-bryant
LakersPark
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
LakersPark wrote:

The one by James Worthy?
https://www.twcsportsnet.com/videos/2013/12/08/james-worthy-pays-tribute-to-kobe-bryant

Thanks for posting that link but that's not it. Anyone else know which one I am referring to? Its narrirated by a young voice.....not sure who it is but it was shown before the game. Before the pre game show on twsn.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject:

nshidbaby wrote:
There was dissension between Blake and Kobe, but it seemed to come entirely from Blake.

We have to remember that Blake was living it up as PG and SG when Kobe was gone. Now that Kobe's back, he doesn't seem like he wants to get out of the limelight just yet.

i find that hard to believe. at his age, and seeming maturity and intelligence, i'm sure has no delusions of being a star. he was just pissed they lost and he had a particularly poor game.
LakersPark
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject:

K2, this is the video that I was reffering to...I found it!!!! Its soooo epic!

http://www.twcsportsnet.com/videos/2013/12/08/lee-jenkins-essay-on-kobe-bryant
mnstrdnk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Everyone gave cliche answers regarding to Kobe, except Blake. He was like I don't know! Which is basically.. I don't care! I wonder if Kobe and Blake got into a tiff?

Probably his way of saying Its a team sport
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject:

LakersPark wrote:
K2, this is the video that I was reffering to...I found it!!!! Its soooo epic!

http://www.twcsportsnet.com/videos/2013/12/08/lee-jenkins-essay-on-kobe-bryant

Thanks for the link LakersPark! Got to say after watching it several more times, it is very well done, it's the best of all of the vids.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject:

PrairieAve wrote:

I'd say zero. The trade should have made it easier.
shibby
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
He was acting like that because John Ireland is the worst post game interview, yet he is forced to talk to him first after every game. Shamelessly probing for sound bytes. Blake was trying to dismiss ireland until he was out of questions.

Thats my take at least.

One of the best things about Kobe being back is now Ireland can stop asking guys if they ever thought they'd be .500 or win X amount of games without Kobe after every game.

That is incredibly annoying and undermines what the entire team has been working for.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

Well look at this way, Kobe comes in takes over the play making duties that Blake was doing so well in MDA's system. Now they run Kobe ball and Blake just goes back to the Phil Jackson mode which he hates. It's no longer ball movement and finding the open shooter, it's give the ball to Kobe and have him create plays for others which is different than what MDA's pg are supposed to do. There was definitely frustration and of course Blake is not going to say anything more than "I don't know".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95
Page 95 of 95
Jump to: