+++RAPTORS -at- LAKERS 12/08/13 GAME THREAD +++ ***KOBE RETURNS EDITION*** #TheMambaStrikesBack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 93, 94, 95  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Sucks we lost this game on Kobe's comeback.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Done (bleep). I'm just happy to see Kobe back on the court.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

Laker_Town wrote:
dao wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
I love Kobe but keep asking me a out him for eight months, even when I've been busting my ass' and I'd like to choke him too

Enough about Kobe questions to the team

Theyved held the fort. They've proven themselves.

Ask them about their own game
What should they expect? They're a bunch of insignificant journeymen, and Kobe is an all time great coming off an injury that may have derailed his career.

These journeymen have been keeping us in games and nearly brought us back again. I understand who Kobe is, this is a team. Has been from the start.

Can't sacrifice the cohesion that's grown.
A .500 team full of journeymen, all on 1 year deals, playing for a gimmicky coach.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

diando wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
Yep, I expect our Coach to know that Blake has not played well with Kobe in the several years he's been here. Meeks has been one of our leading scorers and Kobe is going to want the ball in his hands.

I expect our coach not to start a bum like Sacre when Hill is by far our best big.

I expect our coach to notice that X has 17 points in 14 minutes and is absolutely on fire so you DONT (bleep) PULL him

Rocket Surgery.

Hill had been struggling as a starter, and he was playing better off the bench.

Sacre had been playing well as a starter the past couple of games.

Blake played well with Kobe at the end of last year.

X was playing well as the primary ball handler, but if your going with Kobe he couldn't do that.

As you said Meeks made sense with Kobe, Nik Young was playing well, and four guards would have been too much. So if you had to bring Kobe back, X was the odd man out.

Blake only played well after Kobe went down.

not true. he played well running the bench.

Last edited by greenfrog on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Sucks we lost this game on Kobe's comeback.

Team starts slow with our current starters, digging ourselves a hole every night. I'm not sure what it takes to open up the coaches/fanbases eyes to this, but something besides plopping Sacre in there needs to change.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Weird that i hate Howard and stern even more today?
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
Yep, I expect our Coach to know that Blake has not played well with Kobe in the several years he's been here. Meeks has been one of our leading scorers and Kobe is going to want the ball in his hands.

I expect our coach not to start a bum like Sacre when Hill is by far our best big.

I expect our coach to notice that X has 17 points in 14 minutes and is absolutely on fire so you DONT (bleep) PULL him

Rocket Surgery.

Hill had been struggling as a starter, and he was playing better off the bench.

Sacre had been playing well as a starter the past couple of games.

Blake played well with Kobe at the end of last year.

X was playing well as the primary ball handler, but if your going with Kobe he couldn't do that.

As you said Meeks made sense with Kobe, Nik Young was playing well, and four guards would have been too much. So if you had to bring Kobe back, X was the odd man out.

Blake was playing well after Kobe went down.

Hill had a couple slow outings and ended up on the bench. D'Antoni'd and YOU bought into it.

X was on fire in every way possible, no reason to pull him period.

Sacre has no business starting on this team period.

Blake played well before Kobe went down as well. No matter, he's been playing well and hes our only PG.

I'm not going to argue that Sacre is a starter. To me, Hill seems to vibe with the bench guys. You seem to completely discount chemistry and style of play as an explanation of the bench's success.

The main point was that this was the rotation that had been clicking and working the past few games. The only real difference is that Kobe played tonight and Pau was worse than ever.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
Weird that i hate Howard and stern even more today?

bababooey
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject:

This starting rotation hasn't been clicking at all. Hill turned around our last game but still got paltry minutes.

Blake hasn't played well in the YEARS he's been here until the end of last year. Dude stepped on a spike and only played half the year.

Do I really need to link his stats? He's been TERRIBLE, and he's only played half the games the past two years.

The difference is our coach isn't paying attention to whom is playing well during a game half the time and is starting a slow footed team that doesn't fit together. There needs to be a balance here, you can't have your starters be terrible just because your bench is great.

The first 10 minutes of a game are just as important as any other 10 minutes.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject:

I stepped out of the room. I missed why they had to "apologize" for Kobe's language lol
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Anyone's got a link for game's press conference?
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Half Baked Hero wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Half Baked Hero wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Steve Blake was not there for John Ireland and his stupid interview questions. He gave him side-eye through the entire interview, looked like he wanted to smack him, and SB then just walked off…

Even Wes Johnson seemed tense during his interview. I wonder what happened.

I saw that. I think John... First of all his 'ask everyone the same question' approach really backfires if it's a bad question. His questions tonight are just not in touch with the reality of the emotionality of this game and he's just rubbing folks the wrong way... He's going around asking everyone how to incorporate Kobe into the lineup how the hell do they know are they the coach? Come on John...

Yeah, his questions are flat, sometimes leaning on annoying. But I've never seen players seem to tip toe their answers and, in Blake's case, just look outright pissed off.

foshowtime wrote:
Half Baked Hero wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Steve Blake was not there for John Ireland and his stupid interview questions. He gave him side-eye through the entire interview, looked like he wanted to smack him, and SB then just walked off…

I wonder. Imagine you are them. You've played well all year. Kobe struggles, and everyone looks at you asking what you did wrong. If you say anything about Kobe, you are done.

That might be it. I hope it doesn't affect the chemistry the team's built up all season.

Was it Ireland that asked Xavier what it was like playing with Kobe? It seemed like a borderline troll question since Xavier was benched so Kobe could play and they spent very little time, if any, on the court at the same time. Xavier just had a sarcastic smile and gave a diplomatic answer.
Omar Little

TDRock wrote:
I stepped out of the room. I missed why they had to "apologize" for Kobe's language lol

He said horse shit
Omar Little

24 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

He said horse shit

LG apologizes for 24's language
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
24 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

He said horse shit

Oh no, 24 is talking to himself again.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Ban 24.

!...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
This starting rotation hasn't been clicking at all. Hill turned around our last game but still got paltry minutes.

Blake hasn't played well in the YEARS he's been here until the end of last year. Dude stepped on a spike and only played half the year.

Do I really need to link his stats? He's been TERRIBLE, and he's only played half the games the past two years.

The difference is our coach isn't paying attention to whom is playing well during a game half the time and is starting a slow footed team that doesn't fit together. There needs to be a balance here, you can't have your starters be terrible just because your bench is great.

Yeah, he's only put 12 different guys in the starting lineup. I wish he'd experiment a bit.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject:

24 has no filter?

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:

Yeah, he's only put 12 different guys in the starting lineup. I wish he'd experiment a bit.

Was I calling for experimentation?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
24 wrote:
24 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

He said horse shit

Oh no, 24 is talking to himself again.

At least I haven't stooped to waving Michael Moore's pelvis in everyone's faces
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
24 wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:

Was I calling for experimentation?

True, you were just calling for whatever he's not doing, and if he does that, you'll want him to stop.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
24 has no filter?

That's true in so many ways
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Half Baked Hero wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Half Baked Hero wrote:
TDRock wrote:

I saw that. I think John... First of all his 'ask everyone the same question' approach really backfires if it's a bad question. His questions tonight are just not in touch with the reality of the emotionality of this game and he's just rubbing folks the wrong way... He's going around asking everyone how to incorporate Kobe into the lineup how the hell do they know are they the coach? Come on John...

Yeah, his questions are flat, sometimes leaning on annoying. But I've never seen players seem to tip toe their answers and, in Blake's case, just look outright pissed off.

foshowtime wrote:
Half Baked Hero wrote:
TDRock wrote:

I wonder. Imagine you are them. You've played well all year. Kobe struggles, and everyone looks at you asking what you did wrong. If you say anything about Kobe, you are done.

That might be it. I hope it doesn't affect the chemistry the team's built up all season.

Was it Ireland that asked Xavier what it was like playing with Kobe? It seemed like a borderline troll question since Xavier was benched so Kobe could play and they spent very little time, if any, on the court at the same time. Xavier just had a sarcastic smile and gave a diplomatic answer.

No that was Trudell taking a page from the Ireland play book...
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

He said horse BLEEP!

Bad Kobe! Lol

(24's quote edited family style by TDRock )

Last edited by TDRock on Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Terrible game by Pau tonight. No sugarcoating it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 94 of 95
Jump to: