+++RAPTORS -at- LAKERS 12/08/13 GAME THREAD +++ ***KOBE RETURNS EDITION*** #TheMambaStrikesBack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94, 95  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:

Locking the Game Thread how often does that happen until it's moved to the archives.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
ucntgrd24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

why are so many people convinced Melo is the answer???????

He's not gonna take a pay cut and a max contract would be gross overpayment and a huge detriment to the lakers going forward
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

ucntgrd24 wrote:

He's not gonna take a pay cut and a max contract would be gross overpayment and a huge detriment to the lakers going forward

as opposed to doing what?
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

oops.

!...
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

City_Dawg wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
When Blake is in the game...Kobe doesn't need to play PG....save that for when Blake sits.

i don't think it's that simple. kobe probably needs to ballhandle to establish offensive rhythm. he's basically never played without the ball in his life.

Kontrol freak, right?

keep on trolling
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
A little role-reversal may help; put the Bench mob in a lot sooner in the 1st quarter; let them close most quarters; I don't know but something has to change. .
The bench is great, but Farmar is a big part of that group, having him on the bench for 4 weeks is going to hurt, big time.
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

We need to trade Pau. He gave us some good years. But he doesn't fit with the identity of this team. He's old and slow, and feeble on defense. The rest of the team is based on speed and playing scrappy. Pau has neither of those qualities.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

greenfrog wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
kray28_ wrote:
When Blake is in the game...Kobe doesn't need to play PG....save that for when Blake sits.

i don't think it's that simple. kobe probably needs to ballhandle to establish offensive rhythm. he's basically never played without the ball in his life.

Kontrol freak, right?

keep on trolling

Your words, not mine.

!...
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Why was Steve Blake so livid?

He was absolutely seething in that interview. Anyone think that maybe he was TOLD to pass the ball to Kobe instead of playing his game?
Half Baked Hero
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Half Baked Hero wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Steve Blake was not there for John Ireland and his stupid interview questions. He gave him side-eye through the entire interview, looked like he wanted to smack him, and SB then just walked off…

Even Wes Johnson seemed tense during his interview. I wonder what happened.

I saw that. I think John... First of all his 'ask everyone the same question' approach really backfires if it's a bad question. His questions tonight are just not in touch with the reality of the emotionality of this game and he's just rubbing folks the wrong way... He's going around asking everyone how to incorporate Kobe into the lineup how the hell do they know are they the coach? Come on John...

Yeah, his questions are flat, sometimes leaning on annoying. But I've never seen players seem to tip toe their answers and, in Blake's case, just look outright pissed off.

foshowtime wrote:
Half Baked Hero wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Steve Blake was not there for John Ireland and his stupid interview questions. He gave him side-eye through the entire interview, looked like he wanted to smack him, and SB then just walked off…

I wonder. Imagine you are them. You've played well all year. Kobe struggles, and everyone looks at you asking what you did wrong. If you say anything about Kobe, you are done.

That might be it. I hope it doesn't affect the chemistry the team's built up all season.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject:

He had a bad night. Knowing Blake, he was probably pissed at himself.
ucntgrd24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
ucntgrd24 wrote:

as opposed to doing what?

so we're stuck with Melo because FA options suck???

are we now that team that just swings for the fences out of desperation?
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

Gasol is a mess. Sit him if he can't play better than that.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

he played a bad game and didn't want ireland to make excuses for him.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject:

The guy is rusty and that's it. Kobe just needs to play more games to get into the flow. This team looked totally different with Kobe out there, because they don't know how to move when Kobe has the ball.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject:

He was acting like that because John Ireland is the worst post game interview, yet he is forced to talk to him first after every game. Shamelessly probing for sound bytes. Blake was trying to dismiss ireland until he was out of questions.

Thats my take at least.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Half Baked Hero wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Half Baked Hero wrote:
TDRock wrote:

I saw that. I think John... First of all his 'ask everyone the same question' approach really backfires if it's a bad question. His questions tonight are just not in touch with the reality of the emotionality of this game and he's just rubbing folks the wrong way... He's going around asking everyone how to incorporate Kobe into the lineup how the hell do they know are they the coach? Come on John...

Yeah, his questions are flat, sometimes leaning on annoying. But I've never seen players seem to tip toe their answers and, in Blake's case, just look outright pissed off.

foshowtime wrote:
Half Baked Hero wrote:
TDRock wrote:

I wonder. Imagine you are them. You've played well all year. Kobe struggles, and everyone looks at you asking what you did wrong. If you say anything about Kobe, you are done.

That might be it. I hope it doesn't affect the chemistry the team's built up all season.

Yeah I just think it was because his questions irked. Ireland seems to have been subbed out because now Mike Trudell is interviewing Xavier.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
Yep, I expect our Coach to know that Blake has not played well with Kobe in the several years he's been here. Meeks has been one of our leading scorers and Kobe is going to want the ball in his hands.

I expect our coach not to start a bum like Sacre when Hill is by far our best big.

I expect our coach to notice that X has 17 points in 14 minutes and is absolutely on fire so you DONT (bleep) PULL him

Rocket Surgery.

Hill had been struggling as a starter, and he was playing better off the bench.

Sacre had been playing well as a starter the past couple of games.

Blake played well with Kobe at the end of last year.

X was playing well as the primary ball handler, but if your going with Kobe he couldn't do that.

As you said Meeks made sense with Kobe, Nik Young was playing well, and four guards would have been too much. So if you had to bring Kobe back, X was the odd man out.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
I love Kobe but keep asking me a out him for eight months, even when I've been busting my ass' and I'd like to choke him too

Enough about Kobe questions to the team

Theyved held the fort. They've proven themselves.

Ask them about their own game
What should they expect? They're a bunch of insignificant journeymen, and Kobe is an all time great coming off an injury that may have derailed his career.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
Yep, I expect our Coach to know that Blake has not played well with Kobe in the several years he's been here. Meeks has been one of our leading scorers and Kobe is going to want the ball in his hands.

I expect our coach not to start a bum like Sacre when Hill is by far our best big.

I expect our coach to notice that X has 17 points in 14 minutes and is absolutely on fire so you DONT (bleep) PULL him

Rocket Surgery.

X was playing well as the primary ball handler, but if your going with Kobe he couldn't do that.

As you said Meeks made sense with Kobe, Nik Young was playing well, and four guards would have been too much. So if you had to bring Kobe back, X was the odd man out.

Blake only played well after Kobe went down.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
lakersalonpas
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject:

it's not as simple as kobe turning into JAG who can catch and shoot. he's never not played with the basketball constantly in his hand. There's a certain sense of timing, rhythm and spacing that he's never had to adapt to because he's pretty much always has been an iso guy, and passing off double teams on his attack to the basket.

This is where not playing in d'antoni's training camp really hurt kobe. And even if kobe were 1000% healthy, I wouldn't want the lakers to go back to last year's amorphous blob of an offense with kobe handling the rock 90% of the time.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:

Rocket Surgery.

Blake was playing well after Kobe went down.

Hill had a couple slow outings and ended up on the bench. D'Antoni'd and YOU bought into it.

X was on fire in every way possible, no reason to pull him period.

Sacre has no business starting on this team period.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Half Baked Hero wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Half Baked Hero wrote:
TDRock wrote:

foshowtime wrote:
Half Baked Hero wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Yeah I just think it was because his questions irked. Ireland seems to have been subbed out because now Mike Trudell is interviewing Xavier.

Chemistry is the big question. Saving that chemistry should be our number one objective.

John Ireland is God awful, dumb and arrogant.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
I love Kobe but keep asking me a out him for eight months, even when I've been busting my ass' and I'd like to choke him too

Enough about Kobe questions to the team

Theyved held the fort. They've proven themselves.

Ask them about their own game
What should they expect? They're a bunch of insignificant journeymen, and Kobe is an all time great coming off an injury that may have derailed his career.

These journeymen have been keeping us in games and nearly brought us back again. I understand who Kobe is, this is a team. Has been from the start.

Can't sacrifice the cohesion that's grown.
lakersalonpas
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
The guy is rusty and that's it. Kobe just needs to play more games to get into the flow. This team looked totally different with Kobe out there, because they don't know how to move when Kobe has the ball.

kobe has never played in a true d'antoni type of ball movement offense either. everything he does is off the dribble or a pump fake. Historically, when kobe has the ball it's been 'get out of the way' or a two man S/R game. everybody else just stands around
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 93 of 95
Jump to: