Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 61, 62, 63  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
madsen35 wrote:
I love this team. Who knows if we make the playoffs but we're 1000x more fun to watch than last year's team. They have heart.

So true!!
zoogz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject:

It was a great effort tonight by the team. Only wish they would of taken Pau out.
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Hope they resign the bench and let them grow together for the next few years.
theunknownsoldier
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject:

JIFISH wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Welp. Hats off to the bench for playing absolutely AWESOME ball.

I see $19M clearing from the Laker payroll next year, and I hope we keep the squad who came back from 17 down twice in one game.

Strange, I saw a player with a sprained right ankle and a sprained left hand playing because too many other players were out with injuries.

Kaman could have played. If Pau was seriously injured, he would have sat.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
MDA basically calling out PAU

Are you talking about his comment about guys being -40? You do realize that Pau and Hill were both -21, so I doubt the comment is exclusive to Pau. If it helps you sleep at night you can think that though.

He was talking about the lack of effort of the starters. After last year, I dont think he wants to directly call out Pau. However, Meeks and Wes were in it at the end, he complimented Blake on his minutes. That leaves two guys.

One got injured in the prior game, his getting 5 million a year and is a hustle guy and the other guy is getting Max money and is supposed to be the teams best player right now.

If hes calling out Hill, then I dont even know what to say

Meeks and Wes deserved to be in at the end. Pau and Hill did not. I will say for all of Hills effort he only managed to grab one more board that Pau. Pau has two injuries and is getting paid for his hard work that led to two championships. I think people should stop looking for hidden messages in D'antoni's words.

Pau Gasol is nice
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:

leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
rybee wrote:

Yeah...Rather have the bench than Melo. Barf.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
foshowtime wrote:

Are you talking about his comment about guys being -40? You do realize that Pau and Hill were both -21, so I doubt the comment is exclusive to Pau. If it helps you sleep at night you can think that though.

He was talking about the lack of effort of the starters. After last year, I dont think he wants to directly call out Pau. However, Meeks and Wes were in it at the end, he complimented Blake on his minutes. That leaves two guys.

One got injured in the prior game, his getting 5 million a year and is a hustle guy and the other guy is getting Max money and is supposed to be the teams best player right now.

dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject:

should have tried kaman in for pau...spaniard wasn't moving well, hill too...

maybe they are shipping out kaman on/after the 15th...
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject:

zoogz wrote:
It was a great effort tonight by the team. Only wish they would of taken Pau out.

welcome to the crew

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject:

lakersgirl wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
foshowtime wrote:

Meeks and Wes deserved to be in at the end. Pau and Hill did not. I will say for all of Hills effort he only managed to grab one more board that Pau. Pau has two injuries and is getting paid for his hard work that led to two championships. I think people should stop looking for hidden messages in D'antoni's words.

This is not 2009. We are talking about the here and now. This game by Pau was beyond atrocious. Beyond the missed shots and his normal absence defensively. He was not setting screens or seeking boards with any real gusto. He was also out of place on alot of sets destroying possessions. This performance would be unacceptable for any player let alone a Max Player.

I love Pau, and he was the single most important catalyst in getting Kobe his last two titles. I also believe he will improve once Kobe comes and abuses him forcing him to play tougher. At some point, performances this bad cannot be EXCUSED.

As for the Pau being injured which is the new in vogue Pau excuse. When NBA players get old, they tend to constantly be hampered by injury thus leading to inconsistent play and descending effectiveness. On top of that, Pau has a tendancy to revert to jump shooting whenever it gets tough to get to the post.

Again, I still believe that Pau can be somewhat effective and will have flashbacks to his old self in stretches. However, performances and efforts like tonight where he is failing such a hard working team are completely unacceptable.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Yeah that's a huge mystery to me - is Kaman really hurting still?? They really needed him out there tonight.

Good thing that Sacre played the game of his NBA life so far tonight.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
foshowtime wrote:

This is not 2009. We are talking about the here and now. This game by Pau was beyond atrocious. Beyond the missed shots and his normal absence defensively. He was not setting screens or seeking boards with any real gusto. He was also out of place on alot of sets destroying possessions. This performance would be unacceptable for any player let alone a Max Player.

I love Pau, and he was the single most important catalyst in getting Kobe his last two titles. I also believe he will improve once Kobe comes and abuses him forcing him to play tougher. At some point, performances this bad cannot be EXCUSED.

As for the Pau being injured which is the new in vogue Pau excuse. When NBA players get old, they tend to constantly be hampered by injury thus leading to inconsistent play and descending effectiveness. On top of that, Pau has a tendancy to revert to jump shooting whenever it gets tough to get to the post.

Again, I still believe that Pau can be somewhat effective and will have flashbacks to his old self in stretches. However, performances and efforts like tonight where he is failing such a hard working team are completely unacceptable.

Why the long essay? I know it's not 2009, never said it was. You bring up his salary like you are paying it, it really shouldn't be that much of a concern to you imo.

Everything else you said I already know and am well aware of, no need to regurgitate it.

Pau Gasol is nice
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
KOBEE 2.0............................2-3
George the Geek..................0-4
diando.................................3-1
32........................................0-1
Chronicle.............................1-0
Pio2u...................................1-0
Lakers95..............................2-0

Let's Go Lakers95 you're on fire!!!
diando has one moral victory.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject:

lakersgirl wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
foshowtime wrote:

Why the long essay? I know it's not 2009, never said it was. You bring up his salary like you are paying it, it really shouldn't be that much of a concern to you imo.

Everything else you said I already know and am well aware of, no need to regurgitate it.

His salary is not about what its costing me or the team. Its about what is expected of him. It seems like we agree on everything else. We all want Pau to do well; but games like this are so frustrating!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject:

THIS TEAM MAY NOT HAVE ALL THE TALENT IN THE WORLD BUT THEY HAVE THE HEART OF A CHAMPION.

IF WE CAN RESIGN THE BENCH MOB PLUS A FEW OTHERS WE WILL BE IN VERY GOOD SHAPE!
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:

His salary is not about what its costing me or the team. Its about what is expected of him. It seems like we agree on everything else. We all want Pau to do well; but games like this are so frustrating!

I only brought up his salary because you mentioned that he is making max money, I agree that it is not relevant.

Pau Gasol is nice
chickensandwich
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
foshowtime wrote:

seems like declining effectiveness and inconsistent play due to injuries is simultaneously a product of aging and at the same time completely unacceptable. how does one reconcile the two statements?
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers have the bench to win a championship now they need another co all-star and defensive big man. I love the effort and heart shown by this team night and day difference to last years team.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject:

The most BOTHERSOME thing Dan'Phony is doing this year is when the bench players or combo of, who bring the team back to win the game is???

He LEAVES the same players in the entire 4th quarter or with 8 minutes left, NOT substituting for anyone unless they foul out!!! He does not sub to match up, give someone a break or take someone out who is forcing shots or making bad decisions at crunch time!!!

Most of them are tired when it counts the most, the last two minutes, thus we miss a pass, turn the ball over or take a bad shot... How about a sub in the final 8 minutes??? The bench is playing out of their minds & younger players are just what this team needs to rebuild to contention!!!
HC: Riley
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
The most BOTHERSOME thing Dan'Phony is doing this year is when the bench players or combo of, who bring the team back to win the game is???

He LEAVES the same players in the entire 4th quarter or with 8 minutes left, NOT substituting for anyone unless they foul out!!! He does not sub to match up, give someone a break or take someone out who is forcing shots or making bad decisions at crunch time!!!

Most of them are tired when it counts the most, the last two minutes, thus we miss a pass, turn the ball over or take a bad shot... How about a sub in the final 8 minutes??? The bench is playing out of their minds & younger players are just what this team needs to rebuild to contention!!!

That's a fair point but if he pulls out any of those guys that helped bring them back, he'd get killed for that too.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject:

k4lakers wrote:
JIFISH wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

I see $19M clearing from the Laker payroll next year, and I hope we keep the squad who came back from 17 down twice in one game.

Strange, I saw a player with a sprained right ankle and a sprained left hand playing because too many other players were out with injuries.

Kaman was available to play.

But he didn't. I take that to mean that either he's still dealing with back spasms or D'Antoni felt that an injured Pau (and and injured Hill) are better than a healthy Kaman.
I have no idea which is the case, but in any event Pau is getting savaged for playing injured while Kaman gets a free ride for not playing at all.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject:

theunknownsoldier wrote:
JIFISH wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

Not many people seem to realize this, but most NBA level players really want to play and when they don't play up to their capabilities, it's not because they lack heart or fire or the will to succeed. It's because they are playing injured.

Pau's shot was off tonight, and his defense was a step slow. And you don't think a sprained right wrist and a sprained left ankle were the cause?
theunknownsoldier
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject:

JIFISH wrote:
k4lakers wrote:
JIFISH wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

Kaman was available to play.

But he didn't. I take that to mean that either he's still dealing with back spasms or D'Antoni felt that an injured Pau (and and injured Hill) are better than a healthy Kaman.
I have no idea which is the case, but in any event Pau is getting savaged for playing injured while Kaman gets a free ride for not playing at all.

Kaman has said he's been healthy the last few games. He's in D'Antoni's doghouse. Obvious.
theunknownsoldier
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject:

JIFISH wrote:
theunknownsoldier wrote:
JIFISH wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

Not many people seem to realize this, but most NBA level players really want to play and when they don't play up to their capabilities, it's not because they lack heart or fire or the will to succeed. It's because they are playing injured.

Pau's shot was off tonight, and his defense was a step slow. And you don't think a sprained right wrist and a sprained left ankle were the cause?

Like I said, if it was serious, he wouldn't have. His d is always a step slow. Injured or not.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 62 of 63
Jump to: