Searching within thread

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Searching within thread

Is the search feature explained somewhere more than http://forums.lakersground.net/search.php

Id like to basically search within a thread, and hopefully have the option to filter out certain members. I appreciate the variety of Laker fans and LG fans, but I appreciate some more than others, and others not at all.

In a thread like today's Kobe contract news, which is currently at 58 pages, some posters are out of school or free otherwise and account for much of those. I want to find (as examples) Larry Coon, pnp, 24 and other mods, ribeye, and a few others posts after one search query, instead of all 58 pages worth. Just hard to find the time, so Im assuming there's some better way than going through each page and ctrl-f'ing a member, or scrolling down each page?

Is there some advanced search function like this?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject:

https://www.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=011101276576012470682:cb-r3-xjj_8

search in here. Type a specific poster's name (don't make spelling mistakes!) and you should get all their posts.

I made this by going to this link and typing the url of the thread (this one) into the make custom search engine.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
https://www.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=011101276576012470682:cb-r3-xjj_8

search in here. Type a specific poster's name (don't make spelling mistakes!) and you should get all their posts.

I made this by going to this link and typing the url of the thread (this one) into the make custom search engine.

Long overdue, but thanks for this tool. I'll see if negative keywords/posters' names works to get the desired results. Hmm, typed in 'kobe' without quotes along with that thread Url and it failed to get any results.

Appreciate the reply , I just forgot to check this forum when Thanksgiving kicked in.
hanifnoor
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject:

[LINK DELETED]

In a thread like today's Kobe contract news, which is currently at 58 pages, some posters are out of school or free otherwise and account for much of those. I want to find (as examples) Larry Coon, pnp, 24 and other mods, ribeye, and a few others posts after one search query, instead of all 58 pages worth. Just hard to find the time, so Im assuming there's some better way than going through each page and ctrl-f'ing a member, or scrolling down each page?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: