Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject:

NotFromAroundHere937 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Pau just embarrasses himself toward the end of games.

Mosgov owning him like he's a 1988 nissan sentra.
Getting a block on Pau is owning him?

I have no idea what half of the people on this forum see while watching a laker game.

Seriously. Pau played very well tonight, especially considering it was he second night of a back to back. I was encouraged by his play tonight; he does have something left. Outside of Hill, Pau was the least of our problems tonight.

12 of 27 from a center is not playing very well. Neither is getting owned at the other end. Solid rebounding game though.
Umm, It is. If you think Centers should shoot at least 50% a game, then you're mistaken. Pau played inside and out, and 12-27 is not a bad game.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Bring on the Memphis GRIZZARDS!!!!!
shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
shansen008 wrote:
frenchbullcho wrote:
shansen008 wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
shansen008 wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
shansen008 wrote:
kobe_4_mvp wrote:
shansen008 wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
Pau's stat line thus far: 16pts, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block

What is with all the hate? Did he bed everyone's mom?

No its because besides all that, he plays interior defense as if hes a 6 footer. Its a big reason why we are LOSING right now, in spite of his otherwise nice looking statline.

his 16 pts are a big reason why we are still IN the game.
You EXPECT that from Pau, at least you should for the amount of money he makes. What you dont expect is for Pau to let every position (bleep) all over him on defense every game.

Mozgov is going to get 20/10 on Pau tonight.

hes been doing most of his damage against kaman.

Listen i get it, the point is he is not playing a LICK of defense out there. In order not to be an absolute -, he NEEDS to put up all star numbers every night. Like it or not, Pau is our anchor.....think about that. Half the defensive possessions i think he doesnt even jump.

why do you still expect all-star numbers from pau?

Because thats what hes being PAID to produce. The effort just isnt there on D. They say "Defense wins championships.", it can be simply shortened to, "Defense wins."

Some nights your shot just isnt going to fall, you can really control that. What you are always in 100% control of is your effort on defense. Play D and youll always have a chance to win. He no longer does this consistently, not just game to game, but possession to possession.

He WAS paid to produce and he didn't meet the expectation of his contract. You do realize how a contract works, right?

Ok then so you agree....hes not playing up to snuff. Can you actually make an argument that counters mine, or are you gonna derail it off on a tangent and argue contract law?

Point still stands, if our anchor doesnt play defense, we arent gonna win games like this. Pau can get 17 and 10 every night for us and we arent going to win half those games because we dont have enough consistent offensive firepower.

Look at the numbers for Denvers backcourt tonight, you cant pawn it all off on Kaman and Hill. at least those guys TRY. Who was Pau guarding then? Hickson has barely played.

up to snuff?? are u (bleep) stupid? he's 33 and had multiple operations on his knees. games like these are the best ur getting from him at this point. i dont know why you and these other brains on here dont understand this. its not like hes out collecting that $19mil from your dad.

No, im not, but thanks for asking.

Gasol had a minimally invasive procedure done that used ultrasound to break up scar tissue on his knees. Contrast that with a guy like Dejaun Blair, that kid has NO ACL in either knee. He sure plays hard though.

Im not mad at Pa for failing on defense, im disappointed in his effort. My coaches used to scream at us about second and third efforts. It seems hes forgotten the basics. Many times he might contest the first shot, then he just walks under the hoop sometimes almost out of bounds trying to avoid the action. I realize hes not 23 yo, but what are you saving yourself for? hes got to realize that if he continues to play token defense, there will be no playoffs for the Lakers.

btw- Chill with the stupid (bleep). Ive made no personal attacks here, try it for yourself...you might like it.
theunknownsoldier
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject:

mountainview_ wrote:
theunknownsoldier wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
best decision for me this season was getting rid of cable, not giving into buying nba league pass + vpn access, and instead buying a chromecast to stream my crap feeds.

Ya, I'm not buying league pass for the 1st time in about 10-11 years. Even when Kobe comes back, doubt I will buy it. $189, not worth it.

Why buy it?

You can watch it from firstsports, the quality is not bad at all.

Well, I want to output it to my large HD screen. And the quality is even worse doing that since most games are 480p format. But it is what it is.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject:

mountainview_ wrote:
TDRock wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

I have no idea what half of the people on this forum see while watching a laker game.

Posting negativities about Pau is just a meaningless meme at this point.

Ankywhoo, GTG tried, but hard to start the game thread on a B2B.

Onto the next one.

(Robert Horry just completely lost his train of thought...love Rob but on air analysis is just not his strong suit)

So what you want us to post?

1. Stop posting anthing?
2. or put all the blames on Nick Young or Farmers?

Folks are presumably grown and hence can post whatever they want. It does not mean, however, that what is posted is true, meaningful or interesting.
NotFromAroundHere937
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject:

frenchbullcho wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Seriously. Pau played very well tonight, especially considering it was he second night of a back to back. I was encouraged by his play tonight; he does have something left. Outside of Hill, Pau was the least of our problems tonight.

12 of 27 from a center is not playing very well. Neither is getting owned at the other end. Solid rebounding game though.

Just because he's a center does not mean the scoring solely comes from the paint. Great logic.

Where did I say anything about inside the paint? A center should never go 12 of 27. Btw, he went 5 of 10 from outside the paint.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Farmar & Meeks were horrible tonight & X-Man wasn't much better
with that said:

Bring on the Memphis GRIZZARDS!!!!! GO LAKERS!!!

Last edited by pio2u on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

I wouldn't use the word owned but it was just like the pelicans game where pau tries to redeem himself with a strong move at the end of the game and falls victim to a spectacular rejection...twice.

It happens, especially when your legs tire at the end of a game. I'm just glad to see Pau go right back in there. I'd prefer to see Pau go 4-20 going inside than 3-8 all on midrange shots. This was a game that was encouraging for Pau, IMO.

Yes, I'm sure he's thrilled he got rejected 3 straight times by a bum named Mozgov. Former All Star is pumped about that.

Of course he isn't happy about it. But he kept going in, which is what we need from him, even when his legs were likely dead at the end of the game. I'm sure Kobe isn't happy when he has missed his last ten shots, but we need him to shoot and be the threat to score. Pau produced and gave us what we need from him, as did Jordan Hill. It was the others who let us down tonight.

It was just a schedule loss. This was always a nearly impossible game with Kobe out, and insanely tough even with a healthy Kobe. I'm just happy the team brought the fight tonight, even if we got out worked down the stretch. But he whistles certainly didn't favor us today, and we had a few careless mistakes, and we were still hanging with them the entire game. That isa. Good sign.
derekc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject:

watching this team is a good fix for insomnia
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Farmar & Meeks were horrible tonight & X-Man wasn't much better

X has been scouted. Teams know what he wants to do, and don't let him. He needs to adjust, or hope for a lot of careless coverage by teams overlooking him if he wants to be effective.
ishi331
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject:

rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Are they debuting the Hollywood Nights on Friday?
NotFromAroundHere937
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Umm, It is. If you think Centers should shoot at least 50% a game, then you're mistaken. Pau played inside and out, and 12-27 is not a bad game.

No, it's a bad game. Go look at center stats. The top 19 scoring centers all average over 44% (12/27). Pau's shooting is horrid. Worst among centers averaging over 6 points per game. (Except Blatche at 6.4 ppg and the same shooting % as Pau.)
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

No, it's a bad game. Go look at center stats. The top 19 scoring centers all average over 44% (12/27). Pau's shooting is horrid. Worst among centers averaging over 6 points per game. (Except Blatche at 6.4 ppg and the same shooting % as Pau.)

Agreed with this but Pau tonight wasn't all that discouraging.
CigaretteProtein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject:

I think we actually played pretty good. Just ran out of gas I guess.

The line up with Hill and Wesley is definitely the way to go IMO. When Kobe comes back, we should be pretty good if he's anywhere near himself.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject:

CigaretteProtein wrote:
I think we actually played pretty good. Just ran out of gas I guess.

The line up with Hill and Wesley is definitely the way to go IMO. When Kobe comes back, we should be pretty good if he's anywhere near himself.
NotFromAroundHere937
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Agreed with this but Pau tonight wasn't all that discouraging.

2nd night of a back to back in Denver. Yes, I agree somewhat. His 44% is higher than his average, but it's still among the worst at his position. He's gotta go up stronger down low and try to draw fouls. His misses probably lead to a lot of quick buckets also. He's just gotta play more efficiently.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Jesus christ, why do you guys have so much trouble with reading comprehension. What does his season stats have to do with todays game?

We're talking about todays game, not season stats.

Pau shot 44% today, so again, pay attention.
CigaretteProtein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Again, I think Jordan Hill is our best player right now. Followed by Pau and Blake. His hustle and dirty works makes it easier for Pau because then Pau doesn't have to do it, he can focus more on the finesse game, something he is obviously much more comfortable with at this point of his career. He was always a finesse guy hut he really can't play the physical game now.

It is pretty awesome that Hill is playing at that level because he is starting quality now.

If Hill can do so much for Pau, Kobe's presence will help him too. I guess what I'm trying to say is, Pau isn't a lost cause yet.
NotFromAroundHere937
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

Jesus christ, why do you guys have so much trouble with reading comprehension. What does his season stats have to do with todays game?

We're talking about todays game, not season stats.

Pau shot 44% today, so again, pay attention.

And 44% is bad. He shot lower than that inside the paint. It's less about the percentage and more about how many shots he missed in the paint. It's not good for the defense to have a slow big miss that many shots in the paint against a up tempo team.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject:

And 44% is bad. He shot lower than that inside the paint. It's less about the percentage and more about how many shots he missed in the paint. It's not good for the defense to have a slow big miss that many shots in the paint against a up tempo team.

He's taking so many shots because he was the main scorer this game. 12-27 is not bad considering it's just under 50%. It's also harder for you with your perimeter players are not doing a good job getting you easy shots at the basket (only Steve Blake).
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Poor effort, lazy mistakes and nothing to take away from this game... this team keeps making the same mistakes... that's obviously on the coach.
bbcxicecream05
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject:

lakers are terrible with back 2 back games. period.
NotFromAroundHere937
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:

He's taking so many shots because he was the main scorer this game. 12-27 is not bad considering it's just under 50%. It's also harder for you with your perimeter players are not doing a good job getting you easy shots at the basket (only Steve Blake).

So many excuses. He's not eating up 19 mil in cap space to get easy buckets from our low level guards. He should step up his game on both ends right now. The team needs him. That's not happening. He's not helping. If he's going to be as awful on defense as he is, he can't shoot 38%, or even the 44% he shot tonight. He's not a guard, his misses hurt more because he can't get back on defense as easily.

Last edited by NotFromAroundHere937 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Game thread record

KOBEE 2.0........................2-2
George the Geek............. 0-3. :
Diando............................1-0
32...................................0-1
Chronicle..........................1-0

Gawd dammit george
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 28 of 30
Jump to: