View previous topic :: View next topic  
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject:

NotFromAroundHere937 wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

And 44% is bad. He shot lower than that inside the paint. It's less about the percentage and more about how many shots he missed in the paint. It's not good for the defense to have a slow big miss that many shots in the paint against a up tempo team.

He's taking so many shots because he was the main scorer this game. 12-27 is not bad considering it's just under 50%. It's also harder for you with your perimeter players are not doing a good job getting you easy shots at the basket (only Steve Blake).

So many excuses. He's not eating up 19 mil in cap space to get easy buckets from our low level guards. He should step up his game on both ends right now. The team needs him. That's not happening. He's not helping. If he's going to be as awful on defense as he is, he can't shoot 38%, or even the 44% he shot tonight. He's not a guard, his misses hurt more because he can't get back on defense as easily.

It's not excuses. It's just that I'm talking to a person who lacks knowledge of the game of basketball. It's not hard to see, it's pretty clear.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Game thread record

KOBEE 2.0........................2-2
George the Geek.......... 0-3.
Diando............................1-0
32...................................0-1
Chronicle..........................1-0

Last edited by 999 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject:

My reaction to this game and this game thread thanks a lot Jorge

George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Oh (bleep).

matrixskillz wrote:
everybody steals moves from everybody
I call that Basketball Communism.
NotFromAroundHere937
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

And 44% is bad. He shot lower than that inside the paint. It's less about the percentage and more about how many shots he missed in the paint. It's not good for the defense to have a slow big miss that many shots in the paint against a up tempo team.

He's taking so many shots because he was the main scorer this game. 12-27 is not bad considering it's just under 50%. It's also harder for you with your perimeter players are not doing a good job getting you easy shots at the basket (only Steve Blake).

So many excuses. He's not eating up 19 mil in cap space to get easy buckets from our low level guards. He should step up his game on both ends right now. The team needs him. That's not happening. He's not helping. If he's going to be as awful on defense as he is, he can't shoot 38%, or even the 44% he shot tonight. He's not a guard, his misses hurt more because he can't get back on defense as easily.

It's not excuses. It's just that I'm talking to a person who lacks knowledge of the game of basketball. It's not hard to see, it's pretty clear.

No, you're wrong. I understand exactly what you're saying. Pau is the #1 option right now on a team of scrubs. He has to shoot more just because someone has to. He gets tougher shots because we don't have any consistent threats on the perimeter.

What I'm saying is, his inability to play defense or rotate plus his poor shooting percentage, are not helping us win games. He doesn't go up strong. Too many times does he just throw it at the rim when he could've gone up strong and drawn a foul or sometimes, like late tonight, finished with ease.

I want him to be efficient. Not great, not even good, just average.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

No, you're wrong. I understand exactly what you're saying. Pau is the #1 option right now on a team of scrubs. He has to shoot more just because someone has to. He gets tougher shots because we don't have any consistent threats on the perimeter.

What I'm saying is, his inability to play defense or rotate plus his poor shooting percentage, are not helping us win games. He doesn't go up strong. Too many times does he just throw it at the rim when he could've gone up strong and drawn a foul or sometimes, like late tonight, finished with ease.

He always doesn't finish strong
His defense has always been a problem.

If you're using this as reason why Pau Gasol played bad tonight, then you will have a problem with him just about every single night. It doesn't make any sense. Each player has a weakness, and it's something you have to live with. Any player who gets those numbers Pau Gasol got will have a good scoring night. Since most of you on here hate Pau Gasol, you guys will find ANY sort of reason to talk badly about him, even though it doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, I'm sure if Pau Gasol made 2 more shots, you would use his weak defense as an excuse to criticize his game. Most of you guys don't make any sense, I suggest paying close attention to games before posting such crap.
NotFromAroundHere937
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

He always doesn't finish strong
His defense has always been a problem.

If you're using this as reason why Pau Gasol played bad tonight, then you will have a problem with him just about every single night. It doesn't make any sense. Each player has a weakness, and it's something you have to live with. Any player who gets those numbers Pau Gasol got will have a good scoring night. Since most of you on here hate Pau Gasol, you guys will find ANY sort of reason to talk badly about him, even though it doesn't make any sense.

Yeah, I'm sure if Pau Gasol made 2 more shots, you would use his weak defense as an excuse to criticize his game. Most of you guys don't make any sense, I suggest paying close attention to games before posting such crap.

He has to shoot so many damn times to have a good scoring night. Being lazy on rotations and not going up strong are effort problems. He's shooting the least amount of free throws in his career. He needs to go up stronger. There's absolutely no reason why he can't. It didn't matter before because we had other good players to mask his weaknesses. Now we don't and he needs to step up his game. Instead he's doing the exact opposite while making excuses along the way.

I don't hate Pau, I like Pau. I purchased his jersey. But I'm going to criticize him because he's not playing well and he's not being the leader he was needed to be while Kobe is out.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject:

pau shot 27 times?

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject:

Looked flat from the start and you could tell after the 1st quarter we were going to lose. Back to back at Denver is a guaranteed loss.
Tiez
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject:

I don't hate Pau, I like Pau. I purchased his jersey. But I'm going to criticize him because he's not playing well and he's not being the leader he was needed to be while Kobe is out.

Kobe is a born leader. Pau isn't, even when playing for Spain where Juan Carlos Navarro was the undisputed captain. You're right that Pau is not playing (very) well, but don't expect more from him than he can give the team.

And regarding his percentage in this game: would he have played a good game, if he'd taken 3 shots less
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject:

GTG should be prohibited to create game threads!!!
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

I'm gonna make the game thread for Friday's game, cause it's my b-day. I'm sure we'll win the one on my b-day.

matrixskillz wrote:
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject:

George the Greek wrote:
danzag wrote:

I'm gonna make the game thread for Friday's game, cause it's my b-day. I'm sure we'll win the one on my b-day.

Hope you're right.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
George the Greek wrote:
danzag wrote:

Hope you're right.

Me too. They'll ban me if we lose again.

matrixskillz wrote:
NotFromAroundHere937
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject:

Tiez wrote:

Kobe is a born leader. Pau isn't, even when playing for Spain where Juan Carlos Navarro was the undisputed captain. You're right that Pau is not playing (very) well, but don't expect more from him than he can give the team.

And regarding his percentage in this game: would he have played a good game, if he'd taken 3 shots less

I care more that he shot 7 for 17 inside the lane. And they were all in the lower portion of the lane. You can't do that against Denver. It leads to easy buckets.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject:

Pau is a ballhog.

Kobe is gonna complain when he comes back that he doesn't get enough touches in the post.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject:

no more game threads for george.
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

Eff off, I'm making one last for my b-day.

matrixskillz wrote:
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject:

George the Greek wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

dude!! people are getting suspended over this. LOL....

wish you the best of luck brother! all I say is...If chronicle can get a win you can get a win....you just need that break out game
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Best of luck George, it's bound to turn around sooner or later

(too bad this one still hasn't reached 30 pages... maybe in the next day or so)
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject:

about 5 more posts till it hits page 30
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject:

there are a lot of reasons why people not posting in game threads

but I can narrow it down to 3

3. There are Kobe Fans and Laker fans and now that Kobe is out they decided to tune out

2. TWC blocked out the Dish Network customers and usually they are really hardcore loyal fans who are tied in a contract whom have no financial wiggle room except to pay a ridiculous cancellation fee to (bleep) over the subscriber I hope all those pieces of (bleep) burn in hell

1. The bandwagoners have left the building and boy did we have a lot of them
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject:

George the Greek wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

When is your birthday? I thought about making one on my birthday the other day but since my one game thread try was a loss....I didn't want to jinx them on my birthday and have them lose. It worked because they won!

Something to think about.

Also, you don't want LGers to come after you with pitchforks on your birthday.
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject:

Thanks guys! My b-day is Saturday 11:50am here, so 15th in the US. I'll make the Lakers vs Grizzlies game thread now.

matrixskillz wrote:
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject:

Oh....well it looks like at least the game threads haven't changed. I avoided them for many, many years, and now....I know why.

My promise to LG. I will never, ever, ever, ever read or post in a "game thread" ever again no matter how desperately I want to increase my post count or "credibility" on LG......

*Drops mic and moves to the general discussion forum.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30
Jump to: