Eyes on the Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject:

James Young needs a right hand, a midrange game, and Iso moves, along with strength and FAR FAR better attention to defense. He alone cost Kentucky the game against MSU giving up multiple points in transition.

He just didn't care.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject:

Ok, then my next question. What tools does Gordon have that makes him a franchise player.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject:

Mike, in regards to Exum, what do you think of his ability to play at different speeds, and what do you think of his vertical leaping ability? He doesn't really have Hardaway jumping ability, it seems.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject:

KB#8,#24 wrote:
Ok, then my next question. What tools does Gordon have that makes him a franchise player.

Ferocity at the basket.

Capable ball-handling to drive from the high post.

An improving jumpshot.

When a player is an elite level athlete, it doesn't take many skills to become an elite scorer. Just let him grow into the body a bit.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Mike, in regards to Exum, what do you think of his ability to play at different speeds, and what do you think of his vertical leaping ability? He doesn't really have Hardaway jumping ability, it seems.

With Exum, he has a slightly above average first step, but creates separation with his ball-handling. The thing is, once he gets going, he is absolutely fast. It just takes him awhile to get to that speed. When he attacks, he accelerates to the basket, instead of slowing down.

He doesn't have the biggest vertical ability, but I think he has developing court vision and a work ethic behind his jumpshot that'll make him very effective. I keep seeing Penny Hardaway when I see him, but in a different mold. He's a 6'7" PG/SG naturally. What is more impressive is, despite being so young, he has a post game. While Penny was definitely quick, Exum, I think, is more shifty.

Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject:

Thanks. He really caught my eye at the Nike Hoop Summit, but the more I learn about him, the less sure I am of what his likely outcome is, he's a hard one for me to project to the NBA. I don't know if he belongs in the tier of Wiggins/Parker/Randle, like some have him in, or very nearly in.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Thanks. He really caught my eye at the Nike Hoop Summit, but the more I learn about him, the less sure I am of what his likely outcome is, he's a hard one for me to project to the NBA. I don't know if he belongs in the tier of Wiggins/Parker/Randle, like some have him in, or very nearly in.

He's not as obvious, but he is a dynamic talent if he's a 6'6" PG with speed and a post game. Worst case, Greivis Vasquez, but faster. For a worst case, not that bad.

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject:

James Young - 23 pts (8/13) (5/9 -3pt)

Games like this make me want him more and more. Seeing how the Lakers probably wont have a top 7 pick which means that Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Exum, Gordon, Smart, and Embiid are gone, this guy will be at the top of my list. Like Mike said he has a lot of room to improve but I would love to see him develop under Kobe.
Money23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject:

man embiid great game tonight one person on real gm said:

I continue to grow more and more impressed with Embiid. This guy is going to be the #1 pick in the draft and will end up being the most important player taken. Before tonight I was thinking that Wiggins would go 1st and Embiid 2nd, but I'm bumping Embiid up to #1 now.

People are going to look at his boxscore tonight and see the 16p/13r/2b line he put up (on 7/7 shooting) and be impressed...but the most impressive stuff isn't in the statline.

Embiid is a very intelligent, high IQ player with a great attitude toward self-improvement. And a 7'5" wingspan. (for reference, Hibbert's is 'only' 7'4")

Twice tonight he rebounded the ball, outletted it in about a tenth of a second, and took off sprinting down the court before anyone else even moved. You can already tell he's mentally superior to most players, and when he gets a lot of experience, will consistently be a mental step or two ahead of the competition.

A couple times he showed impressive vision and patience. He's good at looking for cutters and hitting them. He's going to be an exceptional passer.

A couple of times he put the ball on the floor, and both times finished successfully. On one he did a sort of Euro side-step with a nifty finish, another was a sort of reverse layup.

An alley-oop was thrown for him that was a bit off, but no worries...when you've got arms that are 12 feet long and are getting 2' over the rim, you just grab it out of the neighboring airspace and dunk it anyway.

He's got touch and feel.
He's coordinated.
He appreciates and understands the value of defense, and wants to be a great defender.
And he's only been playing 3 years.

He's like a cross between Hibbert and Hakeem. Imagine the length of Hibbert with the brain of Hakeem.

I think GM's and scouts are going to get higher and higher on him throughout the year, culminating with him being the #1 pick.

He's going to be the best center in the NBA in 5 years, the type of 2-way player that can be a cornerstone for multiple championship runs. - See more at: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1278974&start=195#sthash.bkEhh92z.dpuf

For real this guy right now is playing like a young Hakeem he could go number 1 if hes starting to untap his REAL POTENTIAL
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject:

is he already a super saiyan?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KB#8,#24 wrote:

Ferocity at the basket.

Capable ball-handling to drive from the high post.

An improving jumpshot.

When a player is an elite level athlete, it doesn't take many skills to become an elite scorer. Just let him grow into the body a bit.

Gordon is a beast, I told you guys to watch out for him. He is only going to get better also, he seems like a good kid with a good work ethic.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Gordon is still surprisingly low in the mocks. Just may be possible Lakers could wind up in position to draft him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Gordon is still surprisingly low in the mocks. Just may be possible Lakers could wind up in position to draft him.

Mocks right now are meaningless.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject:

What do you think of Noah Vonleh?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Willie Cauley-Stein (someone who will probably be available in the range we'll be drafting) with 7 swats to go along with 15 points & 8 boards tonight. Good motor, with some athleticism and measurables.
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject:

i like that even when wiggins has a mediocre or bad game he still never turns the ball over
CigaretteProtein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Willie Cauley-Stein (someone who will probably be available in the range we'll be drafting) with 7 swats to go along with 15 points & 8 boards tonight. Good motor, with some athleticism and measurables.

Would be a pretty safe pick. He will definitely contribute given his size, athletic ability and defensive prowess. He"ll be one of those Tyson Chandler, DeAndre Jordan types. That is great. It is wonderful to have a player like that. That is maybe the most valuable role player you can have. And it allows you to play smallball with a smaller PF. Also, such players do tend to have high trade value. But their market value also makes them overpaid.

All in all, you know what you're getting. Among all things, a role player. If someone with a star potential is available, you go for that player IMO.
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject:

limited minutes and mediocre opposition obvi but zach lavine looks super efficient and impressive
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject:

One possible star who may be available where the Lakers pick is Andrew Harrison. I kinda see Chauncey Billups in him.
MambaMentality
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject:

lkjhf wrote:
i like that even when wiggins has a mediocre or bad game he still never turns the ball over

Part of it has to do with him not getting involved in the offense in any way. How can he turn the ball over if he doesn't have it?

Really not that impressed with him. I'd take Parker, Randle, Smart and possibly Embiid over him right now.
MambaMentality
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject:

KB#8,#24 wrote:
One possible star who may be available where the Lakers pick is Andrew Harrison. I kinda see Chauncey Billups in him.

With the way the league's rules favor guards who can get into the lane, I wouldn't be surprised to see him up there with the CP3s, Westbrooks and Irvings of the world.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject:

The HS PG crop of yesteryear isn't as deep or strong. All of the talent is at the forward spots. PF/SF. Randle, Gordon, Wiggins, Parker, Vonleh, Harrell.

Now, Rodney Hood, who has been absolutely stellar as the #2 option at Duke.

There's your Kobe project. Not the wingspan, but adept at being aggressive with the ball. Offensive game entirely built around excellent shot selection and his jumpshot.

I dare you to look at his FG% despite slightly above average athleticism and average handle.

Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject:

Mike, what do you think of Jordan Adams?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Mike, what do you think of Jordan Adams?

Wesley Mathews. Straight line drives to the basket. Average ball-handling. Quick trigger, comfortable with jumpshot 20' and back. A bit flat footed, but quick release. Strong. Requisite SG size and length. Average athlete, but right in the mold of 3 and D types, with the emphasis on 3. Surprising hands defensively.

Romano338
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject:

Damn Obekpa is a block machine!
He blocks more than he scores.
And he is consistent. His last 5 games: 7/9/6/7/6 blocks.

Last edited by Romano338 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18
Jump to: