***LAKERS -vs- T-Wolves 11/10/2013 GAME THREAD***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject:

D'antoni padding stats for a trade.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

ForumBlueFrank wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
tbytc2012 wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
4 of 11, another great game for Pau.

Still people think he is doing great and love him.
People don't think he's doing great. It's fans to piss and moan and blame everything on Pau Gasol.

To be fair Pau said he wanted to be the leader while Kobe was gone, and "deliver" while he is on the floor; and then following that up by saying he wouldn't take a pay cut after this season. I think fans are spot on with their criticism, because he sure isn't delivering like he said.
No, it's where Pau makes a bad play during a game and fans are saying he's done, take him out of the game etc. It's ridiculous and stupid. It's not about defending Pau, it's pointing out the lack of patience fans have in this Laker team. The did it with Mike Brown, Mike D'Antoni, Pau Gasol in his championship years, Lakers last season when fans kept saying this team will not make the playoffs.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flip the table, Worthy
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Pau needs to sit, recover, then come back when Kobe does.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject:

MambaMentality wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
MambaMentality wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
MambaMentality wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
props to kobe for being willing to work so hard to come back and help such a bad team.

Tbh, I would totally understand it if he came back and decided to go for the scoring record.

huh?

You know when he's shooting a lot and people criticize him for not deferring to the system.... well yeah, I won't mind seeing him jack up 25 shots a night.

what does that have to do with going for a scoring record...... if he comes back and shoots 25 shots a game it's to try and win games lol as it always has been with kobe.

Dude, I'm not doubting Kobe's dedication to winning, but let's be real; historically speaking, Kobe's had more success when he's taking 20-16 shots per game instead of over 20.

Regardless, I'll continue to support him and the team.

When Kobe scores 40+ in the Playoffs I believe the Lakers Record is 11-1. They win when it matters(Playoffs) when Kobe puts up a lot of buckets.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject:

MambaMentality wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
MambaMentality wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
MambaMentality wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
props to kobe for being willing to work so hard to come back and help such a bad team.

Tbh, I would totally understand it if he came back and decided to go for the scoring record.

huh?

You know when he's shooting a lot and people criticize him for not deferring to the system.... well yeah, I won't mind seeing him jack up 25 shots a night.

what does that have to do with going for a scoring record...... if he comes back and shoots 25 shots a game it's to try and win games lol as it always has been with kobe.

Dude, I'm not doubting Kobe's dedication to winning, but let's be real; historically speaking, Kobe's had more success when he's taking 20-16 shots per game instead of over 20.

Regardless, I'll continue to support him and the team.

kobe has more success when he is shooting less is because of a few commen sense facts, he shoots less when having a good team...... when you have a bad team obviously it will take more shots from your best player to try and get the win most nights..... but the reason for him being out there remains the same, that reason is winning games and winning rings.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
Pau needs to sit, recover, then come back when Kobe does.

Recover from what? I though this years excuse is that he hasn't played enough?
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
tbytc2012 wrote:
DocK36 wrote:

People don't think he's doing great. It's fans to piss and moan and blame everything on Pau Gasol.

To be fair Pau said he wanted to be the leader while Kobe was gone, and "deliver" while he is on the floor; and then following that up by saying he wouldn't take a pay cut after this season. I think fans are spot on with their criticism, because he sure isn't delivering like he said.
No, it's where Pau makes a bad play during a game and fans are saying he's done, take him out of the game etc. It's ridiculous and stupid. It's not about defending Pau, it's pointing out the lack of patience fans have in this Laker team. The did it with Mike Brown, Mike D'Antoni, Pau Gasol in his championship years, Lakers last season when fans kept saying this team will not make the playoffs.

Dude its a game thread. A stream of emotion. Not the best place to cherry pick posts.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RetroNikes wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
tbytc2012 wrote:
DocK36 wrote:

Your patience for dealing with people who are less than pleased with Pau is great. I've just decided to let the ignorant be ignorant at this point, nothing will change their mind, major kudos to you.

Pau Gasol is nice

Last edited by lakersgirl on Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

ForumBlueFrank wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
tbytc2012 wrote:
DocK36 wrote:

Dude its a game thread. A stream of emotion. Not the best place to cherry pick posts.
I'm not talking about the game thread.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
tbytc2012 wrote:
DocK36 wrote:

how long does anybody really feel like waiting for Gasol to suddenly get good? It's been a long time since Gasol could be considered any kind of offensive threat.
ssiknick833
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Cool to see Byron Scott at least. Probably the highlight of watching this (bleep) game.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
tbytc2012 wrote:
DocK36 wrote:

how long does anybody really feel like waiting for Gasol to suddenly get good? It's been a long time since Gasol could be considered any kind of offensive threat.

It's not about waiting for Pau Gasol to get good. What most of you fans don't realize is that your consistent missing and moaning all over this laker forum is going to get you no where. It's not going to speed up the process of a Laker trade and it's not going to make this year go by any faster to make Pau Gasol a free agent.

This team is not a championship.
They still have a chance to make a playoffs.
The lakers are still within a few games this early in a playoff picture.

Remember how bad the regular season was and the Lakers ended up making the playoffs?

Pau Gasol is not one of the main problems with this team right now, he's only part of it. If he steps up and averages 18 points a game on 50% shooting, many other problems with this laker team will still be present.

I consider people should wait until people start axing players and coaches this season.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject:

ssiknick833 wrote:
Cool to see Byron Scott at least. Probably the highlight of watching this (bleep) game.

I am secretly hoping he will be the next coach of the Lakers.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Great, so we play the Pelicans on Tuesday. Just in time for Davis to own Pau again.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
tbytc2012 wrote:
DocK36 wrote:

It's not about waiting for Pau Gasol to get good. What most of you fans don't realize is that your consistent missing and moaning all over this laker forum is going to get you no where. It's not going to speed up the process of a Laker trade and it's not going to make this year go by any faster to make Pau Gasol a free agent.

Remember how bad the regular season was and the Lakers ended up making the playoffs?

Pau Gasol is not one of the main problems with this team right now, he's only part of it. If he steps up and averages 18 points a game on 50% shooting, many other problems with this laker team will still be present.

I consider people should wait until people start axing players and coaches this season.

For 19 million, I think people are allowed to be pissy. 19 million could have got us an all star.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject:

A record low 33 pages for a game thread...
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Houston, you have less problems right now.
ocsj2000
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject:

KB#8,#24 wrote:
A record low 33 pages for a game thread...

If they keep playing like this LG will become a ghost town.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
tbytc2012 wrote:
DocK36 wrote:

For 19 million, I think people are allowed to be pissy. 19 million could have got us an all star.
This 19 mil player helped us win two championships and it will end in 19mil of free cap space after this season. Fans shouldn't (bleep) so much when this team is not expected to go far this season.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
Fans shouldn't (bleep) so much when this team is not expected to go far this season.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen obviously.

!...
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:
Fans shouldn't (bleep) so much when this team is not expected to go far this season.

I don't even get mad when we lose anymore.

matrixskillz wrote:
everybody steals moves from everybody
I call that Basketball Communism.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject:

George the Greek wrote:
City_Dawg wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

I don't even get mad when we lose anymore.

i barely even watch most games anymore

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MambaMentality
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:

When Kobe scores 40+ in the Playoffs I believe the Lakers Record is 11-1. They win when it matters(Playoffs) when Kobe puts up a lot of buckets.

I'll never dispute that.

kobeandgary wrote:

kobe has more success when he is shooting less is because of a few commen sense facts, he shoots less when having a good team...... when you have a bad team obviously it will take more shots from your best player to try and get the win most nights..... but the reason for him being out there remains the same, that reason is winning games and winning rings.

Again, not disputing his desire to win. I really don't know why you're bringing this up. Let's be real though; I've followed Kobe's career since the lockout season, he does have a tendency to only see the bucket.

Going back to my original post; I won't mind seeing Kobe take over ala 2006 when he comes back.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 33 of 34
Jump to: