Daredevil (Netflix) Season 2 - Jon Bernthal will be The PUNISHER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 45385
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
I tried JJ season 2 and I was bored to tears without the David Tennant plot. I don't think I'll bother with Luke Cage either since the first season wasn't that great, and it was almost entirely unconnected to the other Marvel characters.


Luke Cage season 2 is faaaaar more connected

and Jodeke it's called Defenders haha

Thanks. That'll be my next binge.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16444

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
22 wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
I tried JJ season 2 and I was bored to tears without the David Tennant plot. I don't think I'll bother with Luke Cage either since the first season wasn't that great, and it was almost entirely unconnected to the other Marvel characters.


Luke Cage season 2 is faaaaar more connected

and Jodeke it's called Defenders haha

Thanks. That'll be my next binge.


No prob! Enjoy!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15503
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Reading rumors we'll finally get to see Bullseye in Daredevil Season 3. Hopefully, we'll get a proper one instead of whatever Colin Farell was trying to pull off in the movie.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Jun 2011
Posts: 374

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Reading rumors we'll finally get to see Bullseye in Daredevil Season 3. Hopefully, we'll get a proper one instead of whatever Colin Farell was trying to pull off in the movie.


For the most part, I think the Marvel series' on Netflix have done a good job with their characters. I think they will continue that with Bullseye, I mean, it can't get worse, can it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 45385
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

I am so pissed. This blankety blank thread has me hooked on Marvel series. I did Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron fist and The Punisher. I'M HOOKED DAMMIT 🤬
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ribeye
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2001
Posts: 8438

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

How about we rename this Daredevil, Seasons 2 and 3?

The third season of Daredevil has indeed been released, and it continues to be a prime entry in the Marvel Universe. But, as in the earlier seasons, if you looking for a battle-royal against some Mega-Death-Ultimate-Ultron-Super-Duper-Destructo-Annihilator-Universe-consuming foe, maybe this is not your thing.

This season follows the Defenders first season, so don't get all out of sorts like I did trying to recall exactly what is going on by searching through the end of season 2. That will only confuse you more.

This season has a lot of back stories, character development, and catching up, so if you're Jonesing for constant Kung Fu pinball action right off the bat, again you will be disappointed. But it does indeed get there, and as is often the case with a slow build up, so much more satisfying.

This season we get big doses of Karen and Foggy, two villains, and I'm only just beginning Episode 9.
_________________
For the adults in the room only
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 45385
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
How about we rename this Daredevil, Seasons 2 and 3?

The third season of Daredevil has indeed been released, and it continues to be a prime entry in the Marvel Universe. But, as in the earlier seasons, if you looking for a battle-royal against some Mega-Death-Ultimate-Ultron-Super-Duper-Destructo-Annihilator-Universe-consuming foe, maybe this is not your thing.

This season follows the Defenders first season, so don't get all out of sorts like I did trying to recall exactly what is going on by searching through the end of season 2. That will only confuse you more.

This season has a lot of back stories, character development, and catching up so if you're Jonesing for constant Kung Fu pinball action right off the bat, again you will be disappointed. But it does indeed get there, and as is often the case with a slow build up, so much more satisfying.

This season we get big doses of Karen and Foggy, two villains, and I'm only just beginning Episode 9.


I was so stressed with politics (Donald Frump) I spent the whole day binging on Daredevil 3. It's different. I won't go into how so not to ruin it for any who haven't seen it. There are some surprising revelations and deaths. I enjoyed the 3rd edition.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Sep 2017
Posts: 423

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

^^^ Episode 9 is where things really start to get crazy.

I agree with Jodeke, different and interesting season but really enjoyable and probably my favorite installment so far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15503
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

It's on my binge list but between Lakers, Dodgers, and Rams and regular TV shows just have no time.

I hope there will be a Season 4 but the future of Marvel series on Netflix is uncertain after the cancellations of Iron Fist and Luke Cage.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 24661

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
^^^ Episode 9 is where things really start to get crazy.

I agree with Jodeke, different and interesting season but really enjoyable and probably my favorite installment so far.


Interesting. I planned to binge this but couldn't. I'm on E3 and it feels like a slog to me.
_________________
Never wanted him anyways! Bron/Kawhi 2019!!! Choo Choo!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Sep 2017
Posts: 423

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
^^^ Episode 9 is where things really start to get crazy.

I agree with Jodeke, different and interesting season but really enjoyable and probably my favorite installment so far.


Interesting. I planned to binge this but couldn't. I'm on E3 and it feels like a slog to me.


I felt the same. It really dives into backstory quite a bit and there are cool twists and turns. Worth it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 45385
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
^^^ Episode 9 is where things really start to get crazy.

I agree with Jodeke, different and interesting season but really enjoyable and probably my favorite installment so far.


Interesting. I planned to binge this but couldn't. I'm on E3 and it feels like a slog to me.

It starts slow. You may be hung up on costume. Concentrate on characters. Karen Page, Foggy Nelson, and Wilson Fisk. Their early years are highlighted. Karen is a real surprise.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16444

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Season 3 was PHENOMENAL. Character building at its finest!

I personally am not too worried with Luke cage and iron fist getting cancelled on Netflix. Disney has their own streaming app coming out soon with other MCU content coming (Spider-Man origins, Loki solo movie, and hulk solo movie) so I just assume everything will be moved over there.

I’d love to see a Luke Cage/Iron Fist “buddy cop” season to be both of their season 3s
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 24661

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject:

I'll give it another crack after all these rec's.
_________________
Never wanted him anyways! Bron/Kawhi 2019!!! Choo Choo!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Sep 2017
Posts: 423

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:


I’d love to see a Luke Cage/Iron Fist “buddy cop” season to be both of their season 3s


Oh dear God no. I hope those two never make it on TV again. Luke Cage was enjoyable if not whatever, but Iron Fist was terrible in innumerable ways.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Sep 2017
Posts: 423

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
I'll give it another crack after all these rec's.


What Jodeke and 22 said about character development is spot on. You learn so much. Plus Matt's mom!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16444

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
22 wrote:


I’d love to see a Luke Cage/Iron Fist “buddy cop” season to be both of their season 3s


Oh dear God no. I hope those two never make it on TV again. Luke Cage was enjoyable if not whatever, but Iron Fist was terrible in innumerable ways.


How dare you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 45385
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
I'll give it another crack after all these rec's.


What Jodeke and 22 said about character development is spot on. You learn so much. Plus Matt's mom!

That blew my mind. Please don't disclose!
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15503
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Season 3 was PHENOMENAL. Character building at its finest!


Yeah. Just finished ep. 4. What makes DD unique among costumed street vigilantes is his complicated relationship with God and the church. Some really great scenes so far with Matt and Sister Maggie. Joanne Whalley is such a great addition to the series playing her.

Batman, to me, is the ultimate street vigilante but Matt Murdock is way more interesting a character than Bruce Wayne. Netflix can cancel other shows but leave DD and the Punisher alone.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16444

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
22 wrote:
Season 3 was PHENOMENAL. Character building at its finest!


Yeah. Just finished ep. 4. What makes DD unique among costumed street vigilantes is his complicated relationship with God and the church. Some really great scenes so far with Matt and Sister Maggie. Joanne Whalley is such a great addition to the series playing her.

Batman, to me, is the ultimate street vigilante but Matt Murdock is way more interesting a character than Bruce Wayne. Netflix can cancel other shows but leave DD and the Punisher alone.


100% agreed!!! As a Christian I think they do a fair job representing the struggles we go through in Murdock’s life. Can’t wait to hear your opinion when you finish it numero-ocho!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 45385
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

It's not a Netflix project but will Rocky ever go away? The film has spawned six sequels: Rocky II (1979), Rocky III (1982), Rocky IV (1985), Rocky V (1990), Rocky Balboa (2006) and Creed (2015). Now coming in 2018 Creed II. Counting the original Rocky, by my count that makes 8 rocky films.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16444

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
It's not a Netflix project but will Rocky ever go away? The film has spawned six sequels: Rocky II (1979), Rocky III (1982), Rocky IV (1985), Rocky V (1990), Rocky Balboa (2006) and Creed (2015). Now coming in 2018 Creed II. Counting the original Rocky, by my count that makes 8 rocky films.


I don't think it will. It's the quintessential fighter's movie/love story now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ribeye
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2001
Posts: 8438

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
It's not a Netflix project but will Rocky ever go away? The film has spawned six sequels: Rocky II (1979), Rocky III (1982), Rocky IV (1985), Rocky V (1990), Rocky Balboa (2006) and Creed (2015). Now coming in 2018 Creed II. Counting the original Rocky, by my count that makes 8 rocky films.

It went away from me after the first movie.
_________________
For the adults in the room only
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15503
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

Got up to ep 12 before I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore so saving the finale for tonight. This season has truly been binge worthy.

I'll say it again. MCU needs to leave Daredevil and Punisher to Netflix. They just don't fit in MCU's space and magic kid-friendly universe. Leave these two for the grown ups or leave the creative team intact and let them do their thing if you're going to import them.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Jun 2011
Posts: 374

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Got up to ep 12 before I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore so saving the finale for tonight. This season has truly been binge worthy.

I'll say it again. MCU needs to leave Daredevil and Punisher to Netflix. They just don't fit in MCU's space and magic kid-friendly universe. Leave these two for the grown ups or leave the creative team intact and let them do their thing if you're going to import them.


Jessica Jones too. Unless Disney will allow 'R' series on the streaming service, these 3 need to stay on Netflix.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB