Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Man, how frustrating is this 49 minute runtime
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:13 am    Post subject:

2 episodes in. Just pencil in Jonathan Bernthal as the movie Punisher as well. Wash the taint of that fairy Thomas Jane off from the the last movie. That was an embarrassment to the Punisher. Walking Dead Shane just has that nasty that comes through the screen the Punisher deserves.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject:

Season 2 is fantastic so far. Even better than season 1. And Elektra is smoking hot.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
2 episodes in. Just pencil in Jonathan Bernthal as the movie Punisher as well. Wash the taint of that fairy Thomas Jane off from the the last movie. That was an embarrassment to the Punisher. Walking Dead Shane just has that nasty that comes through the screen the Punisher deserves.

Bernthal really knows how to play the pissed off murderous bastard
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Just watched S2, E2. Daredevil gets his ass kicked more than any hero I can remember.

DD cleans the clocks of 10 15 guys and gets the ish kicked out of him by one.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Anyone know why they didn't cast Thomas Jane or one of the Punishers from earlier films. I liked TJ.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:19 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Anyone know why they didn't cast Thomas Jane or one of the Punishers from earlier films. I liked TJ.

Because he's trash.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Because he's trash.

Maybe but he has the rugged look. I'm not familiar with his filmography. I only know him from The Punisher movie.

Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Because he's trash.

Maybe but he has the rugged look. I'm not familiar with his filmography. I only know him from The Punisher movie.

Vinnie Jones would've made a better Punisher than Thomas Jane.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
jodeke wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Because he's trash.

They both have a rugged look

Thomas Jane

Vinnie Jones

I'm not familiar with eithers films. Who do you consider the better actor?

Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
jodeke wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Because he's trash.

Thomas Jane

Vinnie Jones

Scraping from the bottom of the barrel here. TJ is the better actor, though it's not saying much.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
jodeke wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Because he's trash.

Thomas Jane

Vinnie Jones

Scraping from the bottom of the barrel here. TJ is the better actor.

OK..... chuckle

dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject:

How sexy is Elodie Yung?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
How sexy is Elodie Yung?

What kind of Punisher are you seeking, one who punishes or one who Punishes?

dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
dood23 wrote:
How sexy is Elodie Yung?

She can fire my guns anyday
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Jesus Christ...Punisher is ruthless. Episode 9...Lawd have mercy.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dood23 wrote:
How sexy is Elodie Yung?

She can fire my guns anyday

She's playing Elektra. She wears a bandana in this series. Why?

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

I'm up to S2 E7

Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

He needs his own series. Instead we are getting Luke Cage and Iron Fist series. Netflix getting the B team ready.

But season 2 so far is great.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Done with the second season; in a word AWESOME!

Spoiler Alert (highlight below to read):

So Foggy is gonna work for Jeri Hogarth (Carrie-Anne Moss) in Jessica Jones (JJ), huh; I wonder how much cross-over there will be from Daredevil (DD) and JJ... maybe we'll see Karen Page in JJ season 2 when she becomes victim to Purple Man and JJ or DD saves her (would be quite the storyline merge)...
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

He needs his own series. Instead we are getting Luke Cage and Iron Fist series. Netflix getting the B team ready.

The only reason I think he isn't is because he's probably going to get his own movie again (just my baseless speculation). Hopefully 4th time is the charm as all the previous incarnations of the Punisher movies have been somewhere between cringeworthy and flat out terrible.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

I think Netflix is fielding a team of lesser known characters from around that part of NY and possibly making a team of them with DD leading the pack? I don't know. I'll grant the guy that plays Luke Cage in Jessica Jones literally is spot on visually from the way he's depicted in comics these days.

http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2015/03/03/lukecage1280jpg-1ddd73_1280w.jpg
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Finale was off the hook.

I'll say this, I grew up collecting from the early 80's. Amazing Spiderman sales were probably #1 at the time, but talking to everyone in my elementary and Jr High school who their favorite comic book heroes were it was by far Wolverine and 2nd on that list was the Punisher. It wasn't even freaking close. No offense to DC fans but kids growing up in my era, we all knew who Batman/Superman were (obviously) but there's a reason their sales were awful at the time and for a long time after. They never resonated. Neither Wolverine or Punisher were my favorites as a kid either, but despite that, I'm so glad the Punisher is being put back on the mantle where he belongs with this series. Wolverine has had his due. The Punisher deserves it as well. He's well beyond the handful of iconical Marvel character. I'm glad the character is having a revival after the series of debacle movies and the nosedive his comics took in the mid 90's.

And no, please, not Michael (bleep) Jane anymore ffs. Casting monkeys...do your job.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Punisher is getting his own series.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject:

I've read that season three has not been cemented but it's almost a sure thing because 1 & 2 were such successes.

Won't divulge my feeling on climax. Looking forward to 3. Many questions left unanswered. Writers certainly left the door open for continuing the series.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10
Jump to: