Daredevil (Netflix) Season 2 - Jon Bernthal will be The PUNISHER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Somebody bring me up to speed. I remember a movie in which a character protected some people living in a rundown apartment from a landlord trying to evict them. At the end he left them with large sums of money.

I remember a scull being a part of his adopted costume when the film ended. Is this Punisher the same character?

In The Punisher with Thomas Jane he leaves the people a large amount of money but there's no land lord. The villains are the Saint family headed by John Travolta as Howard.

Is this the Punisher character from that film?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Same character but different story. Like the Christian Bale and Ben Affleck Batman, not connected.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Fallout wrote:
Ditto. Give it around a B+ also. They need more tie ins and cross overs. They are the opposite of DC where the Arrow pumps out all these new characters and spinoffs. That's what killed agents of shield.

Punisher really deserves its own Netflix show too. He's the anti-Daredevil perfect nemesis for him.

Agents of Shield is better than ever. It's been very strong since the events of the Winter Soldier.

Except nobody looks like a superhero and Deathlok looks well, shame on them for ruining an amazing character.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Somebody bring me up to speed. I remember a movie in which a character protected some people living in a rundown apartment from a landlord trying to evict them. At the end he left them with large sums of money.

I remember a scull being a part of his adopted costume when the film ended. Is this Punisher the same character?

In The Punisher with Thomas Jane he leaves the people a large amount of money but there's no land lord. The villains are the Saint family headed by John Travolta as Howard.

No movie has ever come close to doing the punisher justice. If they can nail down this then call me a fanboy for life.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punisher

And maybe a spiderman easter egg or 2? A cameo? Oh the possibilities!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
jodeke wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
jodeke wrote:

No movie has ever come close to doing the punisher justice. If they can nail down this then call me a fanboy for life.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punisher

And maybe a spiderman easter egg or 2? A cameo? Oh the possibilities!

Agreed. They've all made me cringe to varying degrees.

There's a grittiness and brutality they need to capture.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Just watched the Punisher again. I don't see how they're going to fit him in the Daredevil series. He's a stone cold killer. Told the girl in the apartment he had work to do, watch the newspaper. She asked, what section/ He said "The obituaries."

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Just watched the Punisher again. I don't see how they're going to fit him in the Daredevil series. He's a stone cold killer. Told the girl in the apartment he had work to do, watch the newspaper. She asked, what section/ He said "The obituaries."

The scene with the popsicle and the blow torch was taken directly from the comics and is one of my favorite scenes in the movie. Oh and the fight with the Russian was pretty comic accurate also.....They tried I guess but was still a fail in my book.

As far as him fitting into the DD series I think it's brilliant considering Punisher made his first appearance in Spiderman then had a recurring role in DareDevil comics until he got his own book. Punisher is a huge part of the DD mythos and it's a great place for him to make his appearance in the marvel universe.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject:

^^^^ The popsicle scene was a trip, got him what he wanted a inside man.

I'm not into comics. Though the characters I see in DD are not completely new, I don't know their whole stories.

Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject:

Holy sh!

Punisher!!!

I hope he gets his own series after this!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Anyone know if DD plans to do battle with Red Hood?

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject:

I can't imagine a better casting choice than Jon Bernthal for The Punisher.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Both DD and Punisher wants justice and are good guys.

DD believes in the law and every criminal deserves their day in court.

Punisher believes the law failed or ineffective. He believes the only right criminals have is the right to bleed in the gutter.

Both want justice, but opposite ends of achieving that. That's why a DD and Punisher interaction, if done right, will be intriguing to watch.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Punisher believes the law failed or ineffective. He believes the only right criminals have is the right to bleed in the gutter.

Both want justice, but opposite ends of achieving that. That's why a DD and Punisher interaction, if done right, will be intriguing to watch.

Another Batman/Superman dynamic. Like Cap/Iron Man too
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject:

Anyone watch Luther? I've binged up to episode 5. It's plot and character convolutions are intriguing.

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Anyone watch Luther? I've binged up to episode 5. It's plot and character convolutions are intriguing.

Random in this thread, lol. But yes it's one of my favorite shows. Might be Elba's best role.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Random in this thread, lol. But yes it's one of my favorite shows. Might be Elba's best role.

Yeah. posted it here because it's a Netflix series. I'm on season 2 episode 3.

John needs to learn how to fight. He keeps getting his ass kicked. Puts me in mind of a Black Sherlock Holmes, sorta.

Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Fallout wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Another Batman/Superman dynamic. Like Cap/Iron Man too

True. But while Batman just scares criminals, Punisher actually TORTURES and KILLS them
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject:

My favorite dark hero.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:32 am    Post subject:

just finished watching this... didn't expect it to be good. I think the costume was fugly. I though Fisk was played terribly in the early episodes, over the top acting... but I just don't know, I liked the acting after he reveals himself to the public, I don't know what clicked, it just was good from that point.

I am certainly looking forward to season 2. didn't know Charlie Cox can be good at this genre. (would've been a better spidey than the last one)
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
just finished watching this... didn't expect it to be good. I think the costume was fugly. I though Fisk was played terribly in the early episodes, over the top acting... but I just don't know, I liked the acting after he reveals himself to the public, I don't know what clicked, it just was good from that point.

I am certainly looking forward to season 2. didn't know Charlie Cox can be good at this genre. (would've been a better spidey than the last one)

Fisk (Kingpin) belongs to Michael Clarke Duncan. Spider Man belongs to Tobey Maguire

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Fisk (Kingpin) belongs to Michael Clarke Duncan. Spider Man belongs to Tobey Maguire

Agree with the former but I hated Tobey as Spiderman. He was too damn whiny. Garfield was far better IMO. If only Chris Barnes(greg brady) who voiced him in the animated series had the look. Same with Kevin Conroy for Batman.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Agree with the former but I hated Tobey as Spiderman. He was too damn whiny. Garfield was far better IMO. If only Chris Barnes(greg brady) who voiced him in the animated series had the look. Same with Kevin Conroy for Batman.

You kidding me? LINK What's there to hate? Be sure to watch the video poll on best Spidey. In case the poll video doesn't play LINK

Which actor do you think is the best 'Spider-Man'?

Tobey Maguire, from director Sam Raimi’s “Spider-Man” movies (2002 to 2007). 55.72%

Andrew Garfield, from director Marc Webb’s “Amazing Spider-Man” movies (2012 to the present). 40.69%

Hands down Mah Man Tobey

dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject:

IT'S HERE
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject:

That first episode was electric

New ninja tank getup for DD is awesome

The Punisher was built up very nicely and when he finally shows up, such a great payoff
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait to start the binge watch tonight.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10
Jump to: