why does charles barkley hate kobe so much?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerNV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: why does charles barkley hate kobe so much?

its blatantly obvious. everytime the lakers play on tnt, he says they'll lose. at half time he points to kobe's shot total. if they end up losing, he goes off on kobe and starts that "doesnt make anyone better" bullocks; and if they win, he picks some random observation about some player or ernie and doesnt talk about the game.

i guess this is just rhetorical. he's basically what i dont want to be, old & bitter. he did the same thing with a.i. until allen destroyed all his credibility with the line "atleast i dont spit on kids." then with vince because off the whole degree fiasco until mrs. carter got him good asking how he expected to be a mayor or governor of anything "with poor grammar like that."

i think he just dislikes kobe because kobe played with a great player and got his rings unlike charles who came in and ruined houston's chemistry. he was always a lazy and got his feelings hurt when pippen called him on it telling him his idol, jordan told him those very words.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject:

there's a good amount of players and ex-players in the nba who don't like kobe. he's not the warmest of fellas. he's a more quiet, reserved, private guy.

a lot of people perceive him as having a chip on his shoulders and being arrogant.

i also think there's an issue of jealousy at his extraordinary individual ability.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: why does charles barkley hate kobe so much?

LakerNV wrote:
its blatantly obvious. everytime the lakers play on tnt, he says they'll lose. at half time he points to kobe's shot total. if they end up losing, he goes off on kobe and starts that "doesnt make anyone better" bullocks; and if they win, he picks some random observation about some player or ernie and doesnt talk about the game.

i guess this is just rhetorical. he's basically what i dont want to be, old & bitter. he did the same thing with a.i. until allen destroyed all his credibility with the line "atleast i dont spit on kids." then with vince because off the whole degree fiasco until mrs. carter got him good asking how he expected to be a mayor or governor of anything "with poor grammar like that."

i think he just dislikes kobe because kobe played with a great player and got his rings unlike charles who came in and ruined houston's chemistry. he was always a lazy and got his feelings hurt when pippen called him on it telling him his idol, jordan told him those very words.

I think you've figured it out. Professional jealousy. Those that can't do, sit around and comment on those that do.
LakerNV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:

da ocho wrote:
there's a good amount of players and ex-players in the nba who don't like kobe. he's not the warmest of fellas. he's a more quiet, reserved, private guy.

a lot of people perceive him as having a chip on his shoulders and being arrogant.

i also think there's an issue of jealousy at his extraordinary individual ability.

oh, i get that some people dont like him persay. but when he's on one of these runs and especially after that cleveland game, last week. you couldnt help but just give it up for the guy. a few years ago, i was talking with Q-rich at a club and a laker game was on and kobe was going off and i asked him why so many people dont like kobe and he said something to the effect of, because he's so damn good.
PDX_LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Didn't we just have a topic like this recently?.

Barkley hates Kobe because he spoke before he thought. Eating your words is alot harder to do although the word "eating" in itself isn't a problem as you can see.
LakerLegend
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: why does charles barkley hate kobe so much?

LakerNV wrote:

I didn't realize Mrs. Carter called out Sir Fatty. That was priceless. Barkley is just a fat hack who will just keep yelling because people will listen. He's basically a buffoon, just like Snaq. He has no class. I remember the time he said that Ernie's wife couldn't cook. I don't care how bad her cooking is...you don't call out a man's wife's cooking on national TV.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject:

I remember about a year ago...around thanksgiving...charles interviewed kobe and he said that was one of the first times he actually got to know kobe and even then he still didn't feel like he knew him...

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
BigVeece
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject:

he doesnt like him cause kobe doesnt wear a bulls '23' jersey.. if that was the case, he would be all over his sack...
SirRunnethOfSoCal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Because Kobe is young, intelligent, articulate, enormously gifted, has 3 rings even before entering his prime, and is worth about $200 million at 27 years of age. And Barkley is nothing but a washed up sperm-whale. Somebody needs to harpoon him.
LakerNV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: why does charles barkley hate kobe so much?

LakerLegend wrote:

I didn't realize Mrs. Carter called out Sir Fatty. That was priceless. Barkley is just a fat hack who will just keep yelling because people will listen. He's basically a buffoon, just like Snaq. He has no class. I remember the time he said that Ernie's wife couldn't cook. I don't care how bad her cooking is...you don't call out a man's wife's cooking on national TV.

lol, sorry but that's funny. atleast they go back & forth in the studio and its understood.
Kobster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Yeah and after Monday nights game he and Kenny both said, "oh Shaq definately was the bigger man tonight for going up and ending the feud wit Kobe."

Hello, Kobe has been trying to do this since day one. Wake up Kenny and Charles.
Walter Sobchak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Charles is good friends with Shaq, so naturally he hates Kobe. I'm sure he and Shaq have had many a talk where he's heard Shaq's side of that feud.

I was definitely annoyed to hear them say that Shaq was the bigger man for finally ending the feud though. Kobe went up to Shaq in their first meeting on Xmas day a year ago, but Shaq continued his whole "who's that?" and "that other guy" nonsense after that. Kobe realized, as these guys should, that the feud was on as long as Shaq wanted to be a baby about it. Kobe has clearly been responsive to clearing up the BS between he and Shaq, but Shaq didn't want to have any part of it.

Just a reminder folks: "a lot" is two words. So is "no one".
Achilles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Kobster wrote:
Yeah and after Monday nights game he and Kenny both said, "oh Shaq definately was the bigger man tonight for going up and ending the feud wit Kobe."

Hello, Kobe has been trying to do this since day one. Wake up Kenny and Charles.

Yeah, and did you notice how they had NOTHING to say about Kobe and the Lakers after the game? Not one word. Nothin.' Unbelievable. Kobe shoots over 50%, hits huge shots, doesn't shoot too much and all they can talk about is how Shaq is "the bigger man." It never ceases to amazes me...
LALfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Who cares why? We know what we are going to get when he starts running his mouth so why bother listening? If he bugs you guys that much turn his silly butt off. I can't remember the last time I actually waited around to hear more than two words from anyone on that TNT panel.
Sonicc64
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Barkley is a punk... pure and simple
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Someone JUST posted this topic a week or so ago. There's no reason to have the same discussion over and over again, is there?

Do a search, type in Barkeley and you'll find the old thread. You can read everyone's take on the subject and feel free to join right in.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Walter Sobchak wrote:
Charles is good friends with Shaq, so naturally he hates Kobe. I'm sure he and Shaq have had many a talk where he's heard Shaq's side of that feud.

I was definitely annoyed to hear them say that Shaq was the bigger man for finally ending the feud though. Kobe went up to Shaq in their first meeting on Xmas day a year ago, but Shaq continued his whole "who's that?" and "that other guy" nonsense after that. Kobe realized, as these guys should, that the feud was on as long as Shaq wanted to be a baby about it. Kobe has clearly been responsive to clearing up the BS between he and Shaq, but Shaq didn't want to have any part of it.

You know what you're right! Kobe did go up to Snaq the first two meetings last year. This past Christmas day he said screw it and Snaq showed how childish he was. Yeah it was a big deal that O'meal did approach Kobe this game but then he admitted that he was obligated to do it. It wasn't even genuine! They just don't like guys like Kobe because guys like Sir Lard are too busy cleaning the Pig in the Paint's ballsack!
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject:

I do not remember when or why.. but Kobe basically said one time before that the way Kobe said something made it seem as though Barkley was just a bully and if the two of them had to fight then he would be ready...

Barkely is just jealous and he is there as the member who is a voice for all the other FAT DRUNK Sports Fans who want to hate others as a way to make themselves feel better.
LakerLegend
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

SirRunnethOfSoCal wrote:
Because Kobe is young, intelligent, articulate, enormously gifted, has 3 rings even before entering his prime, and is worth about $200 million at 27 years of age. And Barkley is nothing but a washed up sperm-whale. Somebody needs to harpoon him.

Where is Captain Ahab when you need him?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is everything Charles isn't and vice versa.

- Hard working
- A champion
- Got to play with great teammates (Shaq) and actually WIN (unlike Charles who screwed up all his chances at rings when on a contending team)
- Looks to do things himself instead of relying on others (Not Lazy)
- The guy that threatens Micheal's legacy with the way he's dominated the league at the SG spot

So yeah, I do think Charles can never like Kobe for the above reasons.

But who cares? Barkley is pure ignorant comedy. Laugh at him and never take him seriously.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jack13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Exactly, who cares about that fat rat talks about...the entire universe knows that Kobe is one of the greatest players ever, and plus he has three rings and he is a hard woker as wolfpaclaker mentioned, so who cares what he sais, the guy is jealous big time
Savory Griddles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Championships

Kobe-3
Barkley-0
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Now at half of the Kings game he is at it again....wow...it is so blatant,and transparent..... The green monster of jelousey has really taken a big bite out of him........

He just stated on TNT at the half that Kobe does'nt pass,and more negativity,whew,a real hater...............And it has been real clear that he has played totally within the offense......

I cant wait for the 2nd when Kobe really goes off.....
KOBE=MVP
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject:

kobe should score 50 plus and get the ball sign it and give it to charles because inside of him Chales just wants to be kobe
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject:

When Charles went on his usual anti-Kobe rant the other three just kind a looked at him like, not this again?! Then all three defended Kobe by saying that Kobe's doing them a favor by not passing to them. Why is Charles obsessed with trying to slander Kobe on each and every TNT half-time show. The game where Kobe hit three straight jumpers to beat LBJ and the Cavs he looked like he was about to cry-seriously. Damn, did he skip his meds or something?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: