Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject:

omfg............................so good
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The AMC series, originally thought to be a prequel, may end up being a sequel, or a mix of prequel and sequel, Odenkirk recently said

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/what-s-the--breaking-bad--cast-doing-now--024358131.html

Maybe we get to see what happens to Jesse, Skylar, Flynn, and most importantly, Huell.

I'm definitely going to tune in to this...

Kiss my Converse.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject:

HEISENBERG FOUND IN NORTH KOREA
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
HEISENBERG FOUND IN NORTH KOREA

But is it blue?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
Quote:
The AMC series, originally thought to be a prequel, may end up being a sequel, or a mix of prequel and sequel, Odenkirk recently said

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/what-s-the--breaking-bad--cast-doing-now--024358131.html

I sure as hell hope not. That'd be the worst decision ever.

Quote:
Maybe we get to see what happens to Jesse, Skylar, Flynn, and most importantly, Huell.

We know what we need to know. If it they do it as a sequel, Saul's story line would have nothing to do with anyone else. He's "disappeared". He's essentially in a witness protection program. There'd be no crossover to the New Mexico days.

Quote:
I'm definitely going to tune in to this…

If it's any of the above, I will definitely NOT be.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject:

ending was terrible... Heisenberg died on a gun shot wound, not to the head...

ended with a thud.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
ending was terrible... Heisenberg died on a gun shot wound, not to the head...

ended with a thud.

Since this show is all about foreshadowing, it was a fitting ending. Go back to "Sunset" when Hank has Walt and Jesse trapped in the RV. Hank pulls back the duct tape to discover three bullet holes, the holes allow sunlight to shine on Walt exactly where the eventual tracer gunshot wound would land. They paused to show Walt's surprise for a reason. It also allowed Walt to have time to have a fitting sendoff for Jesse and end scene to the series.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject:

[quote="DaMuleRules"][quote="EchoZulu"]
Quote:

Quote:
I'm definitely going to tune in to this…

If it's any of the above, I will definitely NOT be.

Somehow I'm willing to bet just about anything that you will tune in despite all your reservations.

Kiss my Converse.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Better Call Saul Pushed To 2015

But do not fret, good gentleman; there is much to be look forward to

Quote:
One of the shows we've been most excited about this year is the Breaking Bad spinoff Better Call Saul, and it appears AMC feels the same way: it's ordered a second season of the show before it has even debuted. The show focuses on the shady lawyer Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk) that helped Walter White in the original show, and was scheduled for a 10-episode run for its first season. AMC is upping that for the second season, which will feature 13 episodes. The pilot, which began shooting earlier this month in Albuquerque, New Mexico, is being directed by Breaking Bad series mastermind Vince Gilligan.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

https://www.metaflix.com/movie-news/2019/9/9/aaron-paul-releases-breaking-bad-teaser-photo-of-jesse-pinkman-once-again-donning-a-yellow-lab-suit
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

anyone else watch "El camino?"

it was awesome being back in the breaking bad world.

Still love Vince Gilligan's work.. he's a master.

Skinny Pete and Badger. so great.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

I really enjoyed it. Was it as good as BB or BCS? Well it was on par with their average episodes but it doesn't compare to the best episodes.

There was a lot of Tod which I could do without lol. But I liked that VG essentially showed his hand in the first scene when Mike talks about Alaska. He's essentially telling us, "yeah this is where it's gonna end but trust me, you'll enjoy how we get there." And I liked that it mirrored Jesse's final scene in BB only this time Jesse is less broken and more at peace. It's still very open ended and left to the viewer to decide what happens next for Jesse.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
I really enjoyed it. Was it as good as BB or BCS? Well it was on par with their average episodes but it doesn't compare to the best episodes.

There was a lot of Tod which I could do without lol. But I liked that VG essentially showed his hand in the first scene when Mike talks about Alaska. He's essentially telling us, "yeah this is where it's gonna end but trust me, you'll enjoy how we get there." And I liked that it mirrored Jesse's final scene in BB only this time Jesse is less broken and more at peace. It's still very open ended and left to the viewer to decide what happens next for Jesse.

A good, concise, relatable evaluation.

It was worth watching for sure, but I had hoped for more, something that rocks us as did the many great episodes.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject:

yeah.. hard to complain. it was a solid movie for BB fans. It didn't move the story along as much as I would have liked.. but it was awesome seeing these characters again.

please tell me they're going to do more.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

It was worth watching for sure, but I had hoped for more, something that rocks us as did the many great episodes.

I enjoyed it and glad they gave Jesse Pinkman's story an ending. I think what it was really lacking was the buildup the TV series had in order to compress it to fit into a two hour movie. There just wasn't a lot of suspense to the movie for me.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

sad news that Ed died the same day that El Camino was released.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Forster

RIP
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

See, I'm the opposite. I was afraid they were going to go for that and I just don't know that it would have worked. I think it worked better that they didn't try to match or out do themselves. There was plenty of great stuff in this episode and in just the right amounts for my money.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject:

El Camino was awesome. It felt just like another episode in the series which is all we can ask for. Walt's appearance in the hotel was an unexpected joy. That hit perfectly. My only complaint is that Jesse Plemons is at least +30lbs from what he was during the series run.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
yeah.. hard to complain. it was a solid movie for BB fans. It didn't move the story along as much as I would have liked.. but it was awesome seeing these characters again.

please tell me they're going to do more.

I agree, it was solid.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
El Camino was awesome. It felt just like another episode in the series which is all we can ask for. Walt's appearance in the hotel was an unexpected joy. That hit perfectly. My only complaint is that Jesse Plemons is at least +30lbs from what he was during the series run.

Agreed. I can't think fathom anyone that's a big fan of the show to walk away from this movie without being, at the very least, satisfied.

Man, it was great revisiting ABQ circa 2010 again.

I haven't rewatched the series but I'm 100% going to do so now. Forgot just how gd good this show is.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Agreed. I can't think fathom anyone that's a big fan of the show to walk away from this movie without being, at the very least, satisfied.

I haven't rewatched the series but I'm 100% going to do so now. Forgot just how gd good this show is.

My sentiments, exactly. Skinny and Badger came thru clutch. Loved their scenes.

**Spoiler alert **

-The way Jesse handled the 'quickdraw' scene was awesome. Of course it was a little sloppy, but he handled himself well and that was a great sequence.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

**Spoiler alert **

-The way Jesse handled the 'quickdraw' scene was awesome. Of course it was a little sloppy, but he handled himself well and that was a great sequence.

Not gonna lie man, I got a little verklempt during that scene when they first recognized Jesse.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

After several discussions with friends who are big BB fans, the only people who expressed any degree of disappointment with El Camino were those who were hoping for some huge "oh my God!" punctuation to what was something that had already provided a huge punctuation mark. I think the success of El Camino is it didn't engage in that pursuit.

What made the series so great was the attention to details and subtleties. Sure, there were some huge moments of spectacle that we loved sewn into the series, but the things that really drew the viewer in were the small, but strong, stitches that weaved the overall story together. Trying to do something spectacular given what was left of the universe at the end of the series would have been a foolhardy quest.

Instead, we got an excellent extended "extra" episode that tied up some loose ends, gave us further insight to some of our favorite smaller characters, and provided additional insight into the two main characters.

El Camino was clearly designed to be an extended epilogue to BB, and it did that very well.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

**Spoiler alert **

Those early scenes were awesome! The scene where Pete tells Jesse he's his hero was so well performed.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 59 of 60
Jump to: