Breaking Bad Season 5B
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject:

JFK was a film that stood on its own. It has brilliant moments--the Costner soliloquy, being one. I suspect it is closer to the truth than not. I tend to believe much of it over the Warren Report.

Breaking Bad was good for any number of reasons, but one, was that it was (mostly) believable. As a matter of fact, the way the actors dealt with death and family, and emotion as they relate, was much more believable than we are accustomed on TV or film. Just think of episode three with Krazy-8 in the basement.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject:

There are numerous articles about all the exaggerations of the truth in Stone's JFK not based solely on the Warren Report. JFK was an entertaining film that tried to pass itself off as truth.

I can't say how you viewed BB but, to meit was always more of a revenge fantasy show of an average, hard-working guy throwing his normal cautious nature to the wind in the face of his impending death. We then follow his journey and evolution as he embraces this dark side.

It's like the fantasies many people who trudge through life have about robbing a bank or getting even with some jerk only darker. There was never any more believability to that underlying theme of the show than there is to these types of fantasies, at least where most of us are concerned.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Oliver Stone:

Quote:
“Nobody could park his car right then and there and could have a machine gun that could go off perfectly and kill all of the bad guys! It would be a joke,” Stone continued. "At least respect violence. I’m not saying don’t show violence, but show it with authenticity ... If people think that bringing a machine gun to your last meeting is a solution to a television series that’s very popular, I think they’re insane."

There are now two of us in the world who found the ending suspect.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/09/oliver-stone-breaking-bad_n_4070765.html

Stone is being a douche.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Oliver Stone:

Quote:
“Nobody could park his car right then and there and could have a machine gun that could go off perfectly and kill all of the bad guys! It would be a joke,” Stone continued. "At least respect violence. I’m not saying don’t show violence, but show it with authenticity ... If people think that bringing a machine gun to your last meeting is a solution to a television series that’s very popular, I think they’re insane."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/09/oliver-stone-breaking-bad_n_4070765.html

Stone is being a douche.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Oliver Stone:

Quote:

Stone doesn't have the right to lecture anyone else on "authenticity" in film after JFK.

Gilligan never tried to pass off "Breaking Bad" as authentic, only entertaining.

Or any of his other films - especially when it comes to violence.

The guy wrote scarface for crissakes.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Oliver Stone:

Quote:

Stone doesn't have the right to lecture anyone else on "authenticity" in film after JFK.

Gilligan never tried to pass off "Breaking Bad" as authentic, only entertaining.

Or any of his other films - especially when it comes to violence.

The guy wrote scarface for crissakes.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
JFK was a film that stood on its own. It has brilliant moments--the Costner soliloquy, being one. I suspect it is closer to the truth than not. I tend to believe much of it over the Warren Report.

Breaking Bad was good for any number of reasons, but one, was that it was (mostly) believable. As a matter of fact, the way the actors dealt with death and family, and emotion as they relate, was much more believable than we are accustomed on TV or film. Just think of episode three with Krazy-8 in the basement.

Actually, Breaking Bad was inherently unbelievable.

What made BB good despite its improbability was that it was great storytelling, great characters performed by amazing actors, and its well crafted focus on human pathos. One didn't care that it was highly unbelievable because it was so well done.

The film was crammed with unbelievable moments and one doesn't care because it's authenticity was based in human emotion, not on logical plausibility.

Knocking the final minutes of Breaking Bad because it was "unrealistic" is kind of a joke.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Actually, Breaking Bad was inherently unbelievable.

What made BB good despite its improbability was that it was great storytelling, great characters performed by amazing actors, and its well crafted focus on human pathos. One didn't care that it was highly unbelievable because it was so well done.

The film was crammed with unbelievable moments and one doesn't care because it's authenticity was based in human emotion, not on logical plausibility.

Knocking the final minutes of Breaking Bad because it was "unrealistic" is kind of a joke.

This is what I said in few pages back albeit, much less eloquently.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject:

Bryan Cranston's underwear sold for nearly $10,000 at 'Breaking Bad' auction

Quote:
One "Breaking Bad" fan is now the proud owner of a very intimate piece of TV history after paying almost $10,000 for Bryan Cranston's tighty-whities.

The underwear worn by Cranston's meth-making character Walter White on the show's pilot sold for a $9,900 at auction. The sale, held over 10-days in New Mexico, was held by Sony Pictures to give avid viewers the chance to own part of the drama.

Other items which pulled in major amounts included White's inscribed edition of "Leaves of Grass," which sold for $65,000, while the character's Cadillac pulled in $19,750 and the pivotal pink teddy bear earned another $23,250. In total, the auction raised around $1 million, which will benefit Goodwill of New Mexico programs.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject:

So Oliver Stone didn't like it, but it seems Sir Anthony Hopkins really did. He wrote a personal e-mail to Bryan Cranston that Steven Michael Quezada posted on his facebook page:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/anthony-hopkins-wrote-bryan-cranston-160400840.html

I've just finished a marathon of watching "BREAKING BAD" - from episode one of the First Season - to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.

I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!

Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen - ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bulls**t in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning.

You can read the entire e-mail at the link
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
So Oliver Stone didn't like it, but it seems Sir Anthony Hopkins really did. He wrote a personal e-mail to Bryan Cranston that Steven Michael Quezada posted on his facebook page:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/anthony-hopkins-wrote-bryan-cranston-160400840.html

I've just finished a marathon of watching "BREAKING BAD" - from episode one of the First Season - to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bulls**t in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

Wow.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Triumph wrote:

Wow.

High praise indeed.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Slightly off topic, but is anyone else going to tune in on Saul Goodman's spinoff? I understand there aren't too many successful spinoffs, but I'm going to give it a chance.

One of the main reasons being so is for the possibility of them giving more insight on the events that followed after BB's series finale.

I'm still curious about Jesse's fate, it's not as clear as some other people think. Also I guess some incite on the aftermath of Walt's death on the White family (especially if Walt Jr. actually receives the money from Gretchen and Elliot) would be nice as well.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Triumph wrote:

Wow.

High praise indeed.

I just read the whole email, and wow indeed. I know exactly what Hopkins is talking about in how addictive this show is because I went through a 3 week binge myself. I had to chuckle at Sir Anthony Hopkins going through such a marathon. This, to me, solidifies our high praise of the show and the sheer brilliance from everybody involved.

Cranston must be grinning from ear to ear with this one.

Kiss my Converse.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject:

56 wrote:
Slightly off topic, but is anyone else going to tune in on Saul Goodman's spinoff? I understand there aren't too many successful spinoffs, but I'm going to give it a chance.

One of the main reasons being so is for the possibility of them giving more insight on the events that followed after BB's series finale.

I'm still curious about Jesse's fate, it's not as clear as some other people think. Also I guess some incite on the aftermath of Walt's death on the White family (especially if Walt Jr. actually receives the money from Gretchen and Elliot) would be nice as well.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Saul's show will be a prequel. All the events that will take place in Better Call Saul will be before BrBa...

I'll definitely tune in.

Kiss my Converse.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject:

56 wrote:

AS I understand it, the show will be about Saul's practice pre-Walter White. Which makes sense since Saul Goodman is no-longer Saul Goodman and has "dsiappeared".
Black Salt
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject:

You know what's an underated scene in the show is when Hank takes Walt Jr to that Meth Hotel and they talk to Wendy. When he makes her show her teeth, and Hank's all, "AHHHHH, definiatly the pipe", hahaha, ah man, Hank was great when he was in the zone.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject:

Black Salt wrote:
You know what's an underated scene in the show is when Hank takes Walt Jr to that Meth Hotel and they talk to Wendy. When he makes her show her teeth, and Hank's all, "AHHHHH, definiatly the pipe", hahaha, ah man, Hank was great when he was in the zone.

Yeah, I loved that scene. That was when Aunt Marie and Uncle Hank thought Jr. was smoking weed and wanted to scare him straight. It was a crack up because Jr. didn't have clue why Hank took him there.

That was back in the comedic days of Breaking Bad before it really turned serious.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject:

I think Anthony Hopkins may be just a bit of a fan....

Quote:
Dear Mister Cranston.

I wanted to write you this email - so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber - I take it we are both represented by UTA. Great agency.

I've just finished a marathon of watching "BREAKING BAD" - from episode one of the First Season - to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. [Ed note: There are in fact five seasons of Breaking Bad; this might have been wishful thinking.] (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening (bleep) in this business, and I've sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular - absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers.... every department - casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to - would you pass on my admiration to everyone - Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada - everyone - everyone gave master classes of performance ... The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence.

You and all the cast are the best actors I've ever seen.

That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It's almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards

Tony Hopkins.

Huffington Post

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject:

More BrBa behind the scenes photos
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Breaking Bad finale NOT a dream
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Nice edit with Felina lyrics, very well done.

Sidenote....I'm going out as a zombie version of Heisenberg for Halloween
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtOfBWMOgpM

Nice edit with Felina lyrics, very well done.

Sidenote....I'm going out as a zombie version of Heisenberg for Halloween

Definitely cool and clever.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Breaking Bad's alternate ending.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kZivVxB3vU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D9kZivVxB3vU&app=desktop

Breaking Bad's alternate ending.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 58 of 60
Jump to: